• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#81 sirik

sirik

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

I'm pretty happy with my Creative ZEN vision.

I got a creative player as well, cool stuff

my creative ZEN Mikro is my best friend XD , with capacity 4 GB , I can format it into Flashdisk , all of creative can be formatted, :wub:

I can play Momosu song with kanji fonts in my ZEN

@Shakey_Jake33

with GNOMAD in distro Ubuntu (linux) , I can transfer it from my PC to my ZEN B)

#82 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

sirik - Yeah that's what I use. Works a charm! You can actually add that functionality to Amarok, but it requires recompiling, so I've just not bothered. GNOMAD works fine.

#83 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

Zune just had an update 3.0. its ok with games, clock, and other stuff but problem with this one is the timer for music play back stops and you need to reset it. hope they fix this problem soon and allow asian text

racequeen.jpg

#84 BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

I have a SanDisk Sansa m250 2.0GB and I use Windows Media Player 10 to sync it and creat playlist. I have about roughly 800 songs, more or less, which is way more than the player initially could.
I could only do it by Click on "Tools", "Options", "Devices". Highlight the Sansa device you have connected (m250, etc.) then click on "Properties". Uncheck "Create folder hierarchy on device " because:
(1) If "Create folder hierarchy on device" is left checked, WMP creates a folder for each artist. If you have several artists, WMP will give a message that you are out of space on the m200 when it actually has lots of room left. Unchecking this allows you to fill your device.

now my WMP10 been acting up lately with error problems so I want to update to WMP11, but then I can't Uncheck "Create folder hierarchy on device" on WMP11, so I can't sync all of my songs on there.

my question is if there is a way around this? Is there another media player software that I can sync all my songs and playlists without any trouble, I mean as good as WMP10? or does WMP11 really able to do all of that, it just that I'm mistaken?

#85 Phob

Phob

GACKT Is love~

• Senpai
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

The manual says I have a 'Philips GoGear audio player', so, yeah. It holds 2GB, which is pretty much all I need. I put my WHOLE music file and my whole Miyavi CD on it, and it still hasn't reached it's est. limit of 450. It's only got 261. So...if that's the case, it's good enough for me ^^ It holds MP3s and WMAs. Which was handy, considering I only had meh CD in WMA...I don't I'm gonna have to put any WAVs on it, so, I'll be fine.

And, also, none of the text comes up as the horrible unwanted boxes of doom. So, in other words, it allows Japanese text, which is pretty cool...but I can't even read Japanese...:) But, of course, it looks less stupid. It's better off as text rather than a bunch of stupid-looking squares, and I'm sure ANYONE would agree!

#86 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Per cnet.com 2GB Creative Zen V Plus for $19.99. RIP to James Kim.

Was thinking about getting something a bit bigger or another shuffle but this was too good to pass up.

I guess if someone wants a 2GB Shuffle they better hurry as Apple's going to discontinue it as they roll out their retardedly small new 4GB Shuffle with no buttons at all!

Not feeling the new one at all. I'll wait for the one built into a pair of earbuds (maybe).

#87 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

Currently, I have a little RCA 1GB mp3 player that only takes AAA batteries. Now what sucks about it is that I can only put on there not even 70 songs (though in the package, around 180 music downloads). So in this summer (or when I have more money), I'm thinking of getting a new mp3 player. Probably a SanDisk, Ipod Nano, or a Zune.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#88 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

Currently I'm searching for a video player that will play H!P related vids and my various anime. I believe they are all either .mp4 or .avi.
According to a program SC showed me, the .avi ones are either Xvid or DivX, and the mp4 are MPEG-4 (base Media)
Does anybody know what that translates to as far as video player formats go? the iPod touch says it can play MPEG-4 files, but only a couple of my videos are in that format.

#89 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

^

&

^

@Mimi_girl

One problem I can see about that is, most likely, if all your songs are from the tracker here on Hello!-Online, they're highly encoded at 320kbps. For smaller mp3 players, you need mp3's with lower bitrates... unless of course you don't want that, so getting another mp3 player is your option.

@TurtleFu

I don't really understand your question, but anyway I have an iPod touch as well. It does indeed play mp4's and it plays them quite well, and they look marvelous if you buy the video out cable for your ipod.

Anyway, if you have a lot of patience, you can probably re-encode the videos you want on your ipod with a program... none at the moment come to mind, although I do know of one really good one which I would tell you, but I'm using another computer that doesn't have that program.

A little bit off topic, if you just want any type of player to play your videos, most current DVD players play avi's (divx and such) and mp4's... or, if you have an Xbox360 or a PS3, those can stream all your files to play on the TV.

#90 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:08 AM

I've got an 8 gig Zune and an 80 gig Zune (upgraded to 120 gig). The only problem I see with the Zune is the way music gets sorted, the inability to sync via Windows Media Player, and sound. I hate the way the music gets sorted, cause I have to change my ID tags. Why they didn't just allow the user to create a folder structure is beyond me.

I also don't know about you, but the Zune sounds like crap. Course so does the iPod. I wish these damn things had an equalizer, so I could at least make adjustments. My old 2 gb iRiver had that. Next mp3 player I get, I'm going to check on that.

I also would never get a touchscreen mp3 player. I prefer throwing a hard polycarbonate casing around my mp3 player. I'm also not putting streaks on the screen that you need to look at. I'm also pretty rough with my mp3 player, hence the polycarbonate case. I already smashed my previous 8 gig Zune in half. I use the smaller Zune for activities. Like when I go snowboarding or mountain biking. The bigger Zune for trips and such. I also transfer songs between the two. I leave a gig free on the small Zune for transfers. Like I want to listen to a certain song while on the slopes, I just transfer the song over. I love the wireless feature.
Together.jpg

#91 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

The 2GB creative arrived weeks ago and is great except for battery life (to be expected at $20 though). Major gripe is some 'unknown' tracks (radio shows) get the album art from TLC's Crazy Sexy Cool assigned to them but this could be due to me using Media Monkey.

Even though I need to recharge the battery every day and a half of use it sounds great (since they make soundcards also) and is a nice 'upgrade' from my shuffle which I can now use for working out and other activities which benefit from such a small device.

Currently looking to get a higher capacity flash player with a video usable screen (Samsung P3 maybe?) or maybe even a large capacity hard drive player.

I don't want to get an ipod though but with all the extras and dodads they keep adding it's getting harder to ignore.

#92 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

^ Dude, get an ipod... trust me, I've had a lot of mp3 players and such, and I've never gotten to love an mp3 player as I have with an iPod... mainly the 2nd gen nano (I think it's 2nd gen, the one that plays video), and now the iPod Touch. I had a shuffle (the small one), but it's just like you'd expect.

#93 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

^ Believe me I am starting to lean in that direction especially after seeing the new Touch but I still have more research to do (and funds to acquire).

The wifi web browsing and e-mail feature seems what makes it worth it. Like an iPhone without the monthly fees. Does the Safari and other apps support foreign language input/display? At least they have some kanji apps and whatnot.

Never liked iTunes and especially with a friend being an overbearing Mac fanboy who'll spew hours of apple praise at the drop of a hat I'm working on it. Anyone know these obnoxious ppl? In their mind any computer problem is the result of your product not being made by Apple.

Knowing me I'll probably end up with both the Touch and P3.

Waiting until the inevitable 3rd version if anything since they seem to like cannibalizing their product line.

#94 Perseus~HADES~

Perseus~HADES~

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

^ Don't worry I know how you feel (and I don't use a mac... I like PC's too much and they're more compatible with more programs , but I do like the way mac's look...)

I used to use a Zen creative Nomad and a... sanDisk Sansa. I tried to re-use my NOMAD recently (before I got my iPod touch), and the program it uses is not as smooth as iTunes, and the Sansa used windows media player which is more-or-less the same. I'm really not a fan of it's slow "add/remove" song syncing... but anything was better than an MD players security syncing.

As for the touch, it takes a minute to get used to so it wasn't so bad when I first got it... the only thing I wish it had was a external "back and forward" button for easier song switching if I'm walking down the street or something.

#95 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

Mine is the Sansa m240. :lol:

I also have an Ipod, but it's not really mine....XD

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#96 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

I've had a 1st gen 2gb black iPod nano since 2005, and the only problem I've ever had with it is the fact that I don't have enough room for all the songs I want on it anymore. I got an iPod touch for christmas and it wouldn't hold its charge, pathetic piece of junk. I'm going to get an 8gb nano for my birthday.
My sister however is on her third iPod ^^; her first one (1st gen 2gb white iPod nano) she put it in the washing machine, the second one (2nd gen 4gb red iPod nano) she lost and she's now got an 8gb iPod touch. Wonder what'll happen to that one XD

#97 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

No iPod for me, because it would mean I'd have to install that awful iTunes application *shivers*

I have a 30GB Creative Zen Vision M, it gets used to death at work, 8 hours of Mp3 playback a night!

#98 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

I also have a 2GB Silver iPod Nano I had it since 2005 it's still good but I hardly use it now lol and now I got a 4GB Ematic MP3 player that has a digital camera, video player, and MP3 it's really great to have. I have tons of H!P songs on it and need to put more on it :lol:

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

#99 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3200 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:59 AM

I'm using the Samsung YP-T10 4GB

Very good player with games (with the korean firmware version), Datacasts,txt reading support, Adress book, bluetooth function(which I never use) and the other stuff like radio, voice recording, picture viewing, and videoplayer
And it has a nice sound.

http://www.reghardwa...ew_samsung_t10/

But my next player must have more space, 4 GB is still not enough. My first 2 players had 1 GB, the next one 2 and i think my last one had only 2 too.
I would prefer a player with minimum 8GB ~ 100+GB.
And I neither want an Ipod, like Jake already said
"I'd have to install that awful iTunes application *shivers*"

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#100 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch (mainly used for apps)

I got a 2nd gen iPod Touch for music and videos

The Zune HD is tentatively coming out on September 8. There will be a 16GB model selling for $220 and a 32GB model priced at $290

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users