• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#1 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

Seeing as those of us who post in the Gundam 00 thread seem to go off topic alot and post about the various other Gundam series, I thought it might be better to have a thread where we can discuss the many gundam tv series, manga series, novels, etc.

Anyway to get the discussion rolling, has anyone heard of the latest UC novel, Gundam Unicorn?
Posted Image

#2 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

The Captain of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

Novel... I don't read in Japanese, so I think I shall ignore it until I get the English version (if there will be any).

Just ordered Dearka custom Blaze Zaku Phantom:

Posted Image

Never enough of my favorite character from my favorite Gundam series :D

#3 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

You know, out of all of the characters in the CE universe, Dearka and Yzak were probably the only characters I really liked. Everyone else was either annoying or just plain stupid.

I would have liked to see them get the Verde Buster and Blu Duel instead of Shams and Muddie from Stargazer.

Regarding Gundam Unicorn, even if you don't understand Japanese, at least check out the main website for it, if not just to check out the character and mecha designs:
http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/
Posted Image

#4 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

I like Unicorn in Combat mode. White and rosy-red. Looks smashing. But what I liked most is this red machine. I suppose it belongs to this Char-looking masked man from the main page ;)

The exposistion of all the mecha on this site somehow remind me of Metal Gear Solid. Dunno why :P

--

And yeah... Yzak and Dearka should get their Gundam upgrades. They'd know what do with them, unlike those brats from Phantom Pain. Hey, Aigon, got any Mobile Suits u could show us at home? I like to watch other people's collections. U can tell what are their tastes from them.

#5 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hey, Aigon, got any Mobile Suits u could show us at home? I like to watch other people's collections. U can tell what are their tastes from them.

Your talking about the Model kits I assume.
Yeah, I've got quite a few actually. I'll put up a pic as soon as I can (at school right now)

My collection involves:
MG Strike Freedom
HGUC Z'Gok, Char's Z'Gok, Gyan
SD Perfect Zeong
HG Destiny Gundam

And right now, I'm still in the process of building my MG Turn A Gundam and MG F91.
Posted Image

#6 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

I also have my HG Destiny Gundam. ;) If only Shinn was a better character with more guts, maybe I'd consider him second after Dearka and buy more stuff like Impulse or MG Destiny.

Care to share some pics? I see that u r a huge fan of classic UC series. I could share some of mine, too. All my Gubdams are from SEED:

HG Aile Strike 1/100
HG Providence 1/100
HG Destiny Gundam 1/100
HG Duel Gundam 1/100
Gaia 1/144 (I think it is not HG cause of crappy look)

My favorites and treasured MKs are:

HG Buster Gundam 1/100
and MG Strike Noir Gundam 1/100 whose pics I posted earlier in the Gundam 00 thread.

Got also some Kira and Shinn related figures. And one Dearka which looks so-so, but is one of the few "more-than-four-inch" figures I saw there for this character..

#7 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I'll make sure to post some pics when I get home.

The MG Strike Freedom is one of my favs. The only thing I don't like about it is the lousy stand they give you. It barely holds the SF up.
Can't wait to get my MG Turn A done though ;)
Posted Image

#8 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Looking forward to seeing the pics, man. After watching a couple of model kits I gotta say that SEED series' kits are best in combining classic air with modern smoothing.

I am waiting for the stand to come next month when my cousin returns from the Singapore. I wanna put my Strike Noir somewhere ;)

#9 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

:) It's cool to finally meet people that also build Gunpla. Unfortunately, I haven't had much free time lately to build any. =\ The latest model I built was probably the MG Char's Zaku Ver. 2.0.

Posted Image

#10 sexiah

sexiah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:45 AM

I've really not been into model kits for a long time since 2002,i got a couple from Gundam Wing but i just never had the time to build them :) Since i go to stores and by them,i dont have any idea on how to buy them online,i would really like to have those 00 HG models.

Posted Image

#11 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

The next kit I'm getting is the MG Unicorn Gundam (already pre-ordered it)

Funny, Gundam Unicorn must be popular for the novels main gundam to get an MG kit right away.
Posted Image

#12 sexiah

sexiah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

Where do you guys usually order the model kits?or what web site?
I'm really interested in getting some now after reading your messages :(

Posted Image

#13 KnightProtector

KnightProtector

• Senpai
  • 1409 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

Saw the model kit and it looks interesting. The idea of two modes in Unicorn is nice. UC is the flag universe of the whole franchise. No wonder it is still popular.

I buy my kits through e-bay. Using the PayPal system.

#14 sexiah

sexiah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

Ahh thx!i'll go look around there now :)

EDIT:I saw HG Exia in eBay for only 12$ (this is brand new right?)
I swear i bought an HG Wing Gundam from the philippines it costed double :(

Posted Image

#15 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

I buy all my kits from Hobby Link Japan.
Posted Image

#16 sexiah

sexiah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:47 PM

Whats the release date for 1/100 Gundam 00 model kits?i saw on a site saying november but no specific day.

Posted Image

#17 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

HLJ has them listed for sometime around November/December. Most sites don't give specific days, just the month.
Posted Image

#18 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

I've really not been into model kits for a long time since 2002,i got a couple from Gundam Wing but i just never had the time to build them :wub: Since i go to stores and by them,i dont have any idea on how to buy them online,i would really like to have those 00 HG models.

There are a couple of sites that I recommend, all of them accept paypal (I think the only exception is Hobby Search)

Hobby Link Japan - http://www.hlj.com
- Great selection of Gundams from the newest ones to some of the oldest ones. Also sells a lot of other stuff like Evas, supplies, etc..

Hobby Search - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng
- Not as fluent in English as HLJ, and the selection of Gundams are not as big; but this place is great if you want to order figures and the like.

Rainbow Ten - http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/
- Excellent place, I frequently buy from them as they have a 20% discount on all Gunpla. However, their shipping is quite expensive compared to the other two. If you're going to be buying in bulk, Rainbow Ten is the best to order from.

BTW, if you ever want to see the Gundam pre-built before you buy it, or are just curious about a specific model, go to http://www.dalong.net. Though the site is in Korean (if you can read it, this guy provides really great reviews), you can just look at the pictures and see the final score. The best Gundam model emporium out there.

The next kit I'm getting is the MG Unicorn Gundam (already pre-ordered it)

Funny, Gundam Unicorn must be popular for the novels main gundam to get an MG kit right away.

Gundam Unicorn looks pretty kick ass, and best of all it's a Ver. KA. <3 I might skip on MG Destiny and order this instead. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to transform though, but it will be interesting to see how they do it.

Posted Image

#19 Aigon

Aigon

WoW/AKB48 Addict

• Senpai
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

The Unicorns transformation from Under Unicorn mode to Destroy mode pretty much only involves sliding body panels, and the like. And it is being done, from what has been seen from pics of the model.
Posted Image

#20 sexiah

sexiah

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the infos,i really appreciate it <3
Looks like im going to order HG Exia and kyrios this week then by the end of the month Virtue and Dynames <3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users