• 2756 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

#262 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

i probably won't write it since it might 'cause a horrible horrible paradox or a black hole sun or something. :ph34r:

but if i'm crazy enough maybe something like this:

- don't feel bad about cheating, but if you fail, suck it up.
- you will not win challenging the masters, but what do you really live for?

- that PSX is so worth it. and the gameboy too.
- yes academia is overrated but don't let that kill your fightng spirit.
- you will need that job, and things will get worse. the time to quit is when you start feeling your age and you're not ****ing sir alex fergie.
- you have asthma, you just didn't know it.

- *insert details about dotcom crash*
- there will be certain wall street crash you COULD benefit from in 2008-2009. don't try predicting the rest of it.

- sadly , you can't trust those people whom you've bleed and sweat with.
- avoid that J.L. guy. he's just bad karma.

- you can't make her love you.not in that way anyway. and not that one either. remember your main piorities.

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#263 Seer

Seer

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Young Padawan Seer

Remember the Force is strong in you.

And invest your money in MicroSoft.

Your forceless elder, self.

#264 airinokappa

airinokappa

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2884 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Good evening, Angélique.
Everything is difficult huh? Everything is so difficult...

I guess you wonder why all of this is happening to you, why you and not to another, if everything will at least have a meaning in the future. You are lost aren't you? Reassure yourself ...

Angélique, soon you will realize how important it's to believe in human beings, even if there is not so much hope. Continue on your momentum, never stop believing in people, never stop being that person who comes into their lives and makes them change to become better, they will remember you forever. Never lose the faith, at least for them.

I would also like you to never lose this passion, which allows you to go that far. This zeal in what you love, keep it, it will be useful for you later and that's what will help you to take the huge and wildest opportunities that will change the course of your life.

Soon you shall "meet" a wonderful girl. She'll help you to have a dream, to believe in yourself, no longer needing anyone and you will finally be happy to do things by yourself, because believe it or not this is an advantage. This girl, you will grow with her. She will be far away, and there will be a time where you won't be able to hear a lot about her due to the distance between both of you, but she will always give yourself the strength to face your greatest fears, overcome your greatest misfortunes. She don't know you yet, but do your best, and continues to support her until the end, if there is one.

Stops to feel anything for the woman you have been obliged to call "mother" all these years. She doesn't love you and she will never care in such a way for you. Forget her, ask her to walk away of your life because she will leave in a few years to leave you alone and abandon you as she already did in her head. Rather give all your love to your father. Show him you're there for him. Try to be close to him, because you don't know yet but you love him with all your heart. He has never been the best dad in the world, but he is for you and there will be few opportunities where you can show him that you love him. Take a chance now, take that chance to show him you're a good daughter or you will regret it each time you'd have to close the door, seeing him walking away from you. Alone.

Don't try to understand your grandparents. Try to forget what happens on weekends, doing things in perspective. This will make yourself unhappy, thou cry, thou wilt go, but relativizes : for now, your godfather is still there, he's now faraway as he is now. And then you have this wonderful girl that you support who can help you.

Learn things in life. Later, you'll be in a more mature and grown girl that some people, this will allow you to move forward. Don't disparage anything that life offers you.

P.S. : Please, when your godfather will finally let you being alone on his computer at 7 years old, without his help, never, never, never refuses that opportunity. Later, you will become insomniac because of your addiction, but it will allow you to have amazing experiences, in terms of friendship, love, how to do, independence and passion.
P.S.² : Take care of your rabbit. You will cry a lot when he's going to die. You will regret a lot of things. Take loads of pictures with him, and show him you love him. He's not a toy.

The girl you're becoming

#265 Miss Momoiro

Miss Momoiro

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Dear younger me,

Stop being so shy! Not everybody is going to eat you! You know that one boy who sat with you and your friend at lunch that one time? He's actually very nice and is going to become your friend in a few years. And quit trying to stereotype yourself! You don't need to be 'gangster' or 'emo' to fit in. Oh, and by the way, you are going to become obsessed with Japanese idols and dancing very soon. Do not try to copy Beckii Cruel and don't give up just because of a few misunderstandings between you and another dancer! Oh, and dump that douchebag. He is a pervert and you're too young to have a boyfriend anyway.
Yes! Yes! We are the Momoiro Clover!
Reni, Kanako, Akari, Shiori, Ayaka, Momoka!

#266 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

(This is a second letter to myself but...anywho!)

Dear younger self,

Right now you've applied for university and got accepted but here I am just about to leave college in a month, and to be honest I am scared. I can't imagine leaving home to another place, but don't hold back and go for it because if you don't go for it you might live to regret it. Go to university and study Performing Arts because singing and acting has been something you've always wanted to do. You might think right now you'll never get better with your singing and acting but trust me, keep practising your singing and Japanese and you'll have more confidence in yourself.

Through your first year of college you'll have the same group of friends that you did at school but slowly they're all going to fade away. Some people were better to lose than others and it may sound mean but trust me, the pain they've put you through is worth cutting them from your life. As you progress through college you're going to grow into a much more mature person and meet new people who you feel comfortable around and they won't judge you for your love of J-Pop and especially Morning Musume! And when you feel like you're starting to have feelings for Eddy, don't hesitate about your feelings or think you're going to get your heart broken because trust me Eddy will be the best thing that's ever happened to you. You're going to meet your first love and hopefully your only.

You're going to work hard through your first year of college and you're going to come out passing all of your first year subjects and you'll feel unhappy about one or two grades and thought you could have done better but work even harder in second year because health problems are going to make you take time out of college for a long time and it's going to make you lazy. But you're going to go back into college and work twice as hard to make up for the time you missed and you'll feel better for it and hopefully get as good or even better grades than you did last year. First year you got a C in Performing Arts but this year you've been predicted an A/B and you're going to be one of the top students in the class! So never lose faith because a lot is going to happen! You're also going to audition for a play called Missing and go through with it until the end and be nominated for two awards and win one!

Through your second year of college you're going to be more active in the J-Pop singing community on YouTube and meet a lot of new friends. Especially Mariko, Mai and Natsuko because they're going to be your closest friends to sing with! You'll be part of an amazing J-Rock band called Tenjyou and it's going to be one of the most fun things you've ever done. Halfway through your 2nd year of college, your voice is starting to change as you grow and you feel as if your singing has gotten worse and you're close to quitting but with all of the messages you recieve telling you not to give up and that you have a beautiful voice, it re-ignites your passion and you continue to work hard. And all of the hard work is going to pay off because you're going to be accepted into HoshiProject, one of the best dubbing projects on YouTube! You're going to be very successful with your talents so I beg you never to give up because right now in the present I'm happy! The future will be bright! Ganbatte for university and I hope one day you achieve your dream of becoming an idol or performing in Japan!

Love grown-up Jenny!

PS You'll never get rid of the kid inside you, and never get rid of your immature side! It's what makes you!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#267 Americanotaku

Americanotaku

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Dear YoungMe,

Please let go of your pride and watch Hana Yori Dango. The fanbase is really huge and you'll be able to watch more videos then you can in the future. If you choose to ignore this you will be way behind and out of the loop. Also, it gets better, all of it :) I promise. Hold up your head and walk, it'll get better.

#268 KBL

KBL

Resident Beanie Snarker

• Senpai
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Okay so unlike everyone else here I'm actually just gonna reply to a letter my 14 year old self "sent" to me. I used a site where you can send letters to your future self and have it sent to you on a designated time.. and this one I wrote 4 years ago and it just arrived in my email a few days ago ^^;

Spoiler

Dear Ellie,

Okay little punk first off yes, I am still using the same email address you made back in '05 and will continue to do so til whenever. And second off, stop acting like a smart ass it doesn't make you look cool either. You're just looking a bit more like a huge snob. I suggest you do something about that attitude of yours it'll make your life easier I tell you.

And well hm you're asking if I have a gf now? Actually I should be asking that to you instead you butt! You're like, 14 or something you shouldn't be thinking about that stuff yet. But yes about her.. sadly man I really didn't get to do anything about that anymore cause first of all we both know we shouldn't be hanging around her school like a little creep and secondly you already messed things up between you two cause you're such an insecure brat that couldn't go near her cause you freak out just at the thought of talking to her, despite you being such good friends in 4th grade. Just because she started hanging out with the smart kids in 6th grade didn't mean she wasn't the same person anymore cause jeesh who went up and talked to you when you were biking on your way home ALONE? And what did you do that time again? Yeah that's right you were too flustered to say anything AT ALL that even though you two were actually going to the SAME place you made everything SOOO awkward! But hey man you'll get over her, you'll meet someone on your senior year and it's gonna be a pretty sweet ride til things don't go so well haha.

After that though you'll meet someone else again and man I'm telling you, even though its like an odd time to be involved with someone don't back out of it, tell her what you feel despite the circumstances.. you'll be the happiest you've ever been your whole life and it's just gonna get better the next 9 months.. and in those 9 months you're gonna learn and experience so many things you'd never thought you'd even think about doing. Things might go south sometimes but it all happens for a reason, and you learn things from those. You're also gonna make a lot of mistakes along the way but from that you'll learn to consider about other peoples feelings and be a better person. It might have not ended well, but be thankful about everything and reflect from those yada yada I'm being too serious now so whatever, all I'm saying is just go with the flow.

Oh you're asking about how our Japanese turned out 4 years later? Guess what, you still suck. How about not ditching class all the time and giving Ms. Hiko problems trying to look for you like 5 times a month? You only get like 2 classes with her a week and you do that oh lord. If only you would have been serious about it I wouldn't be too disappointed right now cause it's gonna be hard to learn when you're older cause you won't have time for it anymore. Also. you should really start paying attention on how you write okay? You're like talking a mile a minute without using punctuation marks in that whole paragraph gosh.

You became a Pastry Chef man, it's all sorts of fun so just keep doing what you do okay? Don't get me started on the sex appeal this job can gi The pay is good you'll actually have enough to save up for anything you want, like travelling, cause I kid you not you'll be in all sorts of places you won't even think you'll be in. JUST WORK HARD AND GET WHERE I'M AT RIGHT NOW OKAY.

anyway it's all that, just enjoy your life kid and write back to yourself like I did!

-Ellie'12

P.S You're still an idiot. A day before I got this letter from you I twisted my wrist so nothing's really changed on that thing about being stupid.

#MayugeTeam4Lyfe
9_zps4c267694.gif
"Please, don't leave me!" Rika cried as she hugged Phil.
"Don't leave me alone without you."
She cried onto Phil's chest before she kissed Phil passionately.

#269 TenshiDoll

TenshiDoll

I ♥ Fukuhime

• Senpai
  • 1371 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Dear Cat,
It may seem everything is going wrong in life, but
Please try your hardest to make friends, and live your life happily.
Don't let cruel words from classmates, or family members get to you.

When you feel bad, Just remember that there is still a future, and things may get better.. It hasn't gotten better yet, but someday It just has to, right?

Please do your best.
and GO TO SCHOOL. :/

PS. You should have stayed away from YouTube,
I'm disappointed in you.

Sincerely,
12/31/12. & 1/2/13.

106zyo0.jpg

Top favorites: Mizuki, Tomoko, Akari, Yuka, Murotan

Favorite H!P group: Juice=Juice

#270 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Dear Younger Lavinyaa,
do as many mistakes you can. Life is made to make mistakes. But I prefer to stop at a limit of kissing your homeroom teacher's son(actually older than me with only 6 months) on lips and the limit of kissing your sister's classmates only lips too.... So, take care on your 5th grade. Also, do your best on school. I couldn't add more than ten years to mom's life because of being #1 in my classroom(5th grade again), but take care at Biology, Math and French(5th grade) and I'm sure that the main language teacher sees u with bad eyes(5th grade). That was all for 5th grade. But one more thing, try to fall in love with C. because he's a nice boy that likes u. Well, I don't know what to say. But DO AS MANY MISTAKES YOU CAN, LIFE IS MADE TO MAKE MISTAKES. And please DO NOT CARE ABOUT MEAN WORDS OF YOUR JEALOUS CLASSMATES. DO YOU BEST! BE THE BEST!

PS: I know you're SIMPLY THE BEST!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#271 reinalovesllamas

reinalovesllamas

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Dear younger self.
I know you are getting teased alot right now but remember to always love yourself no matter what people say.
And never get into anime because you will grow a fat girl with glasses, hooked on a computer, watching K-ON.

~avatar and signature made by me~
Untitled_1.png
hello! project tumblr//Graphics thread

#272 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Dear younger me,

Being smart, studying hard, and getting a stable job with a high salary will get you nowhere. It is a massive waste of time, and your life. Contrary to what you will read, women generally do not care about such things, and you obviously have no interest in high priced things yourself. You don't want someone that wants you only for your money anyway. Work on your confidence and looks instead, and try to have some fun in life. Don't spend all your time studying your butt off in your room alone, and all your other time slaving away at work doing overtime work. Choose a career path that is FUN, not one that pays well. Stay AWAY from engineering, at all costs. Try to have fun in life, you only get one life. Don't turn out like your future self, an overweight lonely unhappy loser full of burning regret that can count the truly fun days he's had in his 20's on one hand.

Continue to live by the golden rule (treat others as you would like to be treated), but stand up for yourself and don't allow yourself to be pushed around and bullied. It will keep happening forever if you don't take a stand. Don't worry about the consequences.

That light at the end of the tunnel isn't the exit, it is the headlights from an oncoming train. Know when to give up something when it isn't working out (relationships, jobs, and everything else). Don't worry about lost effort and time, because you will continue to waste it on a path your heart feels isn't right. Insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Your future self is insane. Don't become me. Follow your heart, not your "logic".

Also, if you become really depressed, seek help EARLY, don't fight it out. Besides feeling shitty all day, untreated severe depression over many years leads to insomnia from being scared to fall asleep every night since you will experience horrific nightmares every time you sleep. Besides serious mental health implications, it will also affect your physical health.

You know you only get one life and there isn't an afterlife, so suicide isn't an option. You may get really good at hiding your emotions from others and covering up how you feel so they won't suspect anything, but it won't fix your problems. Do whatever it takes to become happy in life, and stop trying to please others at the expense of your own happiness. Make happiness your only goal.

....but also remember that you don't have free will, and you can't escape the laws of physics and causality. You can't change the past, and you can't really even influence your future. There is such thing as fate, as ridiculous and unscientific as it sounds. Everything you have done in the past, and everything you will do in the future, can only happen one way, even with Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Don't hate people for who they are, they became who they are due to their genes and environment. Don't hate yourself, you had to turn out this way and go through what you have gone through. Just wish you were born in a different universe, one where things go well for you. That is all. Good luck.

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#273 mindtreaser1

mindtreaser1

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

Dear younger me,

stay as you are, you handsome, handsome boy.

#274 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

(I like writing these >.<)

Hello Jenny!

I bet you're sick of reading these letters right now aren't you? I bet you've just read through the last letter and a lot of things have changed from what I've wrote about.

You did pass college with higher grades than your first years' so you now have 4 A-Levels A's and B's well done!!!!! Partaaay!!! However, unfortunately a lot of people from college haven't pursued university and are staying back to try out new courses or trying new careers so everyone has different lives now. But the friendships that you do have now are very precious to you! Your friend Stephen has finally performed with his band after years of being nervous! And they sound fantastic! You're also still friends with your best friend Sophie, the one friend from school you still talk to and you're still like sisters. One massive change though, while you're studying at university you find out that she is expecting. It takes a while to get your head around it but you get so excited to be a like a little Aunt to her future daughter. Not long to go now! But you're so excited and proud of your friend!

Speaking of university, you ended up going to a different one to the one you aimed to go to. But don't worry it was meant to be! You ended up going to a university not too far from home and you studied Performance for Live and Recorded Media and you've just finished your first year. You miss everyone so much and cannot wait until you can go back! That's how much you've loved it! And you get up to all sorts! You film and present in your own television shows, you do voice acting, film acting, and you still maintain your theatre acting! And you managed to wow your teachers with all of the acting projects you take part in. Continue to blow them away! Keep working hard because you're getting better and better! The people on your course are all so lovely as well and they were blown away when they heard you singing Japanese for the first time. When people realize the good parts of you continue to let them shine! Never give up your Japanese singing, because you're are still going places! You auditioned for an idol group called KRP28 and you passed into the main group! Well done! And people are noticing how much you're improving! So keep working hard to improve even more!!!! I can tell you've gained confidence since the last letter! Work hard at university too because you're getting good grades and are learning new things you wouldn't think you would, but keep these skills and new discoveries close to your heart so they're useful for the future. You gain a load of new friends on your course and they make you feel so comfortable to be able to speak to them. Be wary of one guy in your class though, he has a girlfriend now but it doesn't stop him from winking at you and your friends. Let's just say he nearly ruined what you had with Ed and you both went down a dark road, but keep being strong minded and say no to this guys advances. There was a temptation but you strongly denied him and I am so proud of you for doing that. He's a lovely guy but just as a friend. Let him be with this girlfriend who seems to have just as a bad of a reputation as him. Let them belong together. Cause you know you're much better off.

You're still with Eddy and this year it will be three years you've been together! And let's just pray it will get up to thirty! Days continue and you never fall out of love with him! He's perfect, and someone like him only comes once in a lifetime so never let him go! You're even planning on getting engaged when you leave university! How perfect  <3

There will be hardships like finding jobs outside of your acting projects but keep working hard!

Love Jenny!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#275 bahamut84

bahamut84

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

dear younger self

in your elementary years, don't ever think that you'll never be able to understand english. yes, i know it's damn hard at first, however, in the future, you will be using it daily. don't be lazy in your study. trust me, it will do you good

also, you will end up in the path of otaku. multiple otakus to be exact, so, it's a good idea to learn japanese as soon as you can. 

in middle school, be a more quiet student. don't be so brash and nasty. do more exercise as well, since you'll need the stamina to finish the school long distance run in year 9. also, your hatred of meat will not go unnoticed, and your parents will support you in the end

when you are in australia, please, be very careful with friends you made. don't simply trust those few ppl, who end up ruining you. don't worry, though you may be lonely and be separated from your dog, much later on, you'll get another one, who can even outsmart you

love 

your future self

#276 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

Dear 14 year old self.

Stop writing poetry. Just stop it. You find it all buried in a drawer when you're 23 and reading it makes you want to crawl into a hole and die of embarrassment.

Black lipstick doesn't look good. NO IT DOESN'T. And neither does eyeliner drawn halfway down your face. Stop posing for photos with your crappy webcam wearing it, because again, you'll find the pictures again in your 20s and want to die.

Lol you may have a major crush on that boy now, but when he's older he's done so many drugs and addled his brain so much he becomes the creepiest man alive and pretty damn dangerous, so don't feel bad that he doesn't like you, stop crying about it and stop writing that DAMN POETRY. You'll be ducking out of his way when you see him around in a few years.

Do not go out with that redhead guy when you're 17. Don't do it. I don't care if he's the first guy to ask you out. He's a douche. Wait two more months and you'll meet the guy you'll still be with 7 years later instead.

DON'T take your sister to that Dir en grey concert. She hurts her leg during it and you have to spend most of the concert sitting with her in the First Aid section, and then you miss meeting the band afterwards because of it. You know it's not her fault but you still end up resenting her for quite a while because of it.

When you go to London in 2011 and meet Ayumi Hamasaki, SAY SOMETHING!!!! I know you'll be nervous, but you probably won't get this chance again. So don't just stand there like a lemon while she stares at you.

You're going to keep dropping out of college and university and never get around to doing anything, so you end up 24 years old and in a crappy no talent dead end job instead of being a teacher like you wanted. It would be GREAT if you could not be so lazy and actually get stuff done, okay? Because it's very hard to get back in when you're older.

Sincerely,

Your thoroughly exasperated 24 year old self.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#277 mby3

mby3

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Dear 14 year old self,

Enjoy it. These actually are the best years of your life. Get braces sooner and discover makeup sooner. Date more so you don't become obsessed with every guy that looks at you. Discover Morming Musume. You'll be more ambitious. Most importantly, dress more like a girl and not a homeless person in SP. Keep dreaming but put them into action. Sighhh...I wish I were you right now

Signed,
You in 9 years.

(Man, this depressed me lol)

Oda Sakura Nonaka Miki Ishida Ayumi Ikuta Erina Nakajima Saki Takeuchi Akari Shimizu Saki Sayashi Riho

#278 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Dear Younger Me,

Thanks for being who i am today, just enjoy your life while i'm still young.

Guess from who it was,

Your Older You.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#279 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

#280 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts