• Please log in to reply
10240 replies to this topic

#10181 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

^ I feel like she pushes the orthodox idol image so much, especially with her short hair, while when she started, with her side pony and performing Migiashi Evidence on Yuiri's KKS stage, she felt more like a powerful sporty girl. I liked this image better. (But I just miss the 16kkies time so it might just be nostalgia talking haha).

Anna really evolved from staying abroad, you can tell her looks are les inspired by the Japanese fashion. I sometime forget she is still in the group, she did so much elsewhere.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#10182 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:54 AM

ikr! she's very refreshing as an idol, i love that about her. i hope she keeps getting pushed in the front, she's very talented and i love her presence

#10183 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:28 PM

She really had the best timing in the group. With Yuiyui already being established and Moeka leaving, she is the perfect candidate for the fresh-faced new ace position.

Just wish they would start pushing Naamin alongside...

#10184 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:30 PM

honestly tho they should rlly push all the 16kis, they all have character and talent and the older gens won't stick around forever. i mean akb already messed up by only pushing their older members till they all graduated and ended up with a group of nobodies, so hopefully they don't repeat that and keep pushing newer girls. i really hope suzuki kurumi and muto orin get pushes they're really cute, naamin too she's adorable

#10185 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

OH YES! THIS THIS THIS!

I am a 16kkis fan since day one. I saw many generations enter the 48 groups but none had got my eye like them. It was quite a big number of girls, but this gen had it all, personnality and look wise! The fact that some girls already left (still not over Nagyu's departure and the fact that she never took off again in the idol world) is really saddening. But at least management is making use of them! Zukki got the monster push, Kurumin and Manaka are not left behind, Naamin (perfect girl!) is probably groomed to become the next general manager. Orin is in a weird position. She got the push when Tomu opted out of the election, but I feel like she disappeared after this. Where is she now? I like her, she's cute and talented.

I believe they are using the new ones more than they used to during the kami7 era, but they are still clinging onto whoever is left of their golden days.

#10186 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:36 AM

yeah it's really annoying, i hope they learned their lesson but it really doesn't seem like it :/ hopefully the newer girls keep getting pushes tho instead of 1-3 girls and then leaving everyone else in the dust lol

#10187 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:30 AM

akb48's entire discography is on spotify worldwide!!!!!! https://open.spotify...fQnWgXiE0Dkt28g

this is honestly surreal, i never expected it to happen but i'm really happy about it!! i don't stream anymore but i'm so excited to send my friends akb songs that they might actually try now that they're on spotify <333 now i just gotta keep hoping h!p will do the same but i kinda doubt it

#10188 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:26 AM

ASDFGHJK FINALLY. GONNA DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE CLASSIC BOPS.

lmao we all know H!P won't do it.

#10189 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:28 AM

i've been sending so many songs to my friends dfskjghdfksg i feel bad about it but like i'm just so excited akb's finally on spotify :')

also we all know that but i can keep dreaming LMAO

#10190 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:51 PM

It's been days and i still haven't finished my playlists for all these songs.. it's taking forever!! didn't realize they had so many but seeing it all on spotify makes you realize it lol 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#10191 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:40 AM

so while akb continues to do absolutely nothing and my soul rots every day because of that, here's my dream akb senbatsu LOL

only akb members since idrk the sister groups that well (but if i did nappi would definitely be in here lol i love her sm). also i'm including moeka bc it's my senbatsu i get to make the rules

18 members / zukky + yuiyui wcenter

team a: miion, kururun, manakan, rei

team k: mutomu, komiharu, moeka, mogi

team b: satopii, yukirin, mahopyon

team 4: zukky, naachan, yuiri, macharin

team 8: yuiyui, rinrin, ayane

for the song i think it'd be something fun and nostalgic like oogoe diamond or first rabbit, but also some time ago i thought of a zukky yuiyui wcenter with an alice in wonderland themed song like this and i really want that too lol

#10192 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

^

AKB focused senbatsu, I love it! I have always dreamed of an A-side single nowadays with AKB only. But of course that won't happen unless it's a b-side lol

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#10193 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

saaaame, now's the perfect time for an akb only sb but i doubt they'll take the chance. which is rlly disappointing cuz they could finally focus on their own members and not other groups, but it won't happen unless sister groups disband or something. >_>

#10194 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:58 PM

c4R1gHJ.jpg?1
MANY THOUGHTS HEAD FULL

Spoiler

#10195 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

akb48 wasn't invited to kouhaku this year and now so many members are apologizing for not living up to the group's legacy..... this hurts so much :'( naachan's tweets about it are so painful i feel so bad for them

#10196 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

I already wrote all my initial reactions and thought over on twitter but yeah, this sucks a lot. 

Unfortunately this has been a long time coming, they probably would have been dropped last year too if not for Sasshi's graduation. They've not been in the public eye for anything special like SSK or Janken, their last hit was 365 five years ago, and the last time the 48g made a national headline was for...the NGT scandal  :arrow: A lot of people speculated the lack of events because of the olympics but honestly, why would you remove all your iconic events that make you unique at what could be a pivotal point of your career? Doesn't make sense to me. Just seems like they lost all sense of their identity as a group after the golden era members graduated. 

That being said, being a fan for so long it sucks to see the girls I watched grow up feel like their talents and skill aren't enough, and apologizing for not living up to their seniors potential... it's not their fault at all! If anything comes out of this though, I hope they become more like MM where the girls won't feel burdened by their seniors success and instead just follow their own path, even if it doesn't match up to the past. OG members are asking them to do the same while they cheer them on, so I hope the girls think more positively :/ 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#10197 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:57 PM

I already wrote all my initial reactions and thought over on twitter but yeah, this sucks a lot. 

Unfortunately this has been a long time coming, they probably would have been dropped last year too if not for Sasshi's graduation. They've not been in the public eye for anything special like SSK or Janken, their last hit was 365 five years ago, and the last time the 48g made a national headline was for...the NGT scandal  :arrow: A lot of people speculated the lack of events because of the olympics but honestly, why would you remove all your iconic events that make you unique at what could be a pivotal point of your career? Doesn't make sense to me. Just seems like they lost all sense of their identity as a group after the golden era members graduated. 

That being said, being a fan for so long it sucks to see the girls I watched grow up feel like their talents and skill aren't enough, and apologizing for not living up to their seniors potential... it's not their fault at all! If anything comes out of this though, I hope they become more like MM where the girls won't feel burdened by their seniors success and instead just follow their own path, even if it doesn't match up to the past. OG members are asking them to do the same while they cheer them on, so I hope the girls think more positively :/ 

yeah, honestly it's not really my place to say this since golden era happened when i was like 6 but i'll always be really mad that aks didn't do anything to push their newer members and just kept relying on their golden era members :/ like idk what they were expecting cuz now almost all of those golden era members are graduated except for 3, and 2 of them have announced graduation with the last (yukirin) probably announcing grad in the next 1-2 years. now they have a group of girls nobody knows except for fans and it's just so frustrating. and it really hurts seeing the members apologizing and blaming themselves for this..... like zukky's blaming herself and it makes me so sad :'( idk what aks will do from here, akb48's been dead in the public eye for years but this just seals the deal. i know they tried rebooting things last year with moeka until that went to shit and now they're kinda stuck, but they have so many other girls they could push, not to mention the girls that are popular that they just basically ignore (naachan, yuiri kinda, mutomu, etc). it's just really mind boggling how they didn't see this coming and now they're basically staying silent instead of doing something. ughhhhh

#10198 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:25 PM

i can't say im surprised, their sales were stable but the general public didn't care about them anymore tbh...

it's sad to see the girls blaming themselves though:/ 

and yeah, they tried to push a few girls but they were heavily relying on the older girls anyways.

#10199 minae_nayuki

minae_nayuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:52 AM

OTOH, IMHO its a good time for 48 management to reflect things over, with the absence of their biggest event like SSK, the lack of presence outside the idol scene (compared to Nogi's) and some humiliating incident like NGT, they need to really formulate their bussiness model

and not just Japan, the other country 48 too, like JKT in my country, revealed that they almost COLLAPSED during this pandemic because of low income, and now they have to resort to  slimming down the staffs AND members, thank God their theater is operational now albeit with limited capacity and their online LOD for new stages are quite popular

IMHO, i can go with NMB's bussines strategy

they really pushed their girls to hit the spotlight outside idoling scene, even if it means they have to go all out gravure shoots 

#10200 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:35 AM

yeah, i've seen a lot of people say akb48 needs to go back to their roots and i kinda agree with that. like not completely starting over and ignoring their legacy but also, in the last decade they've basically forgotten about the theater and stages in general. i think doing more stages and pushing the theater more in general would help to gain more fans that otherwise only know akb from their singles, and now that those singles are coming out less frequently (though they might start releasing more once covid eases up, the ngt scandal in 2019 and covid in 2020 screwed things up a lot) it's a good way to keep things going while holding onto fans and gaining new ones. and at that point they can figure out whos popular, and try to push them as front girls. akb has popular girls but none of them are nearly as popular as the original kami 7, and like i said the popular girls they do have currently they choose to ignore instead because they aren't ideal front girls. i know they keep pushing yuiyui and zukky but as much as i love them i doubt they're as popular as aks likely hopes they were, and they really need to find whos actually popular and push them hard if they want to gain relevance. there's also the heavy reliance on sister groups, which in the past needed akb to boost them, and now they need to boost akb. i really think that akb48 needs to focus on themselves more and go back to their roots, because otherwise they'll just continue to fade into irrelevance. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users