• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

@rpger81: Ahh yes forgot to ask that from the start as that does affect the possibilities >< thanks for pointing that out.
(Always forgets about firewall and whatnot as I do everything at home and don't have a FireWall =P)

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#22 caritherage

caritherage

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

No, I'm at home, and like I said, the biggest issue is that I'd just uploaded two full concerts a day or two before, so I don't think it's on my end ;_;

Posted Image
Image by HotaruMoni
Female H!P fan since 2001

#23 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:09 AM

Next (and very important step): After uploading the torrent DOWNLOAD it again from the tracker and replace the one you originally made.

Now start that torrent in your client. If it is checked then you have almost made it. If not go back to first step :-)
Make sure that you are seeding the torrent (force it if necessary).

Last step: Watch others enjoy what you have shared :-)

Ok, i uploaded a torrent successfully, i went to My Torrents and when i tried DLing it, it said "aborting torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers" im using BitTorrent btw and this is my first time uploading...i also set it to http://wwww.hello-on...rg/announce.php

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#24 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

^Don't use the torrent in My Torrents, that still has that announce (which is wrong), you need to download a fresh .torrent off the tracker. Once you do it will have the corrected announce (which it will automatically set if you enter the wrong one) and the tracker will identify you.

In your case it's http://www.hello-onl...p;torrent=12623

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#25 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

so i DL my torrent from the link above...and then upload the newly downloaded torrent?

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#26 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

@SteveDoubleU: Nope you got it wrong. After you UPLOAD the file to the Tracker, you basically Re-Download the Torrent like you would any other torrent. You do NOT seed the torrent file that you uploaded.

You download the Torrent you Uploaded (Like you would any other torrent) and then when that loads into your Client then place the destination to where the file it and 'Force Recheck' and you can now begin seeding. (I am pretty sure my Uploading Guide clearly states that =X, which the guide can be found int eh Tracker Rules now)

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#27 caritherage

caritherage

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have another kind of upload question...a really stupid one.
<------How do you upload the picture under your name?

Posted Image
Image by HotaruMoni
Female H!P fan since 2001

#28 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

I have another kind of upload question...a really stupid one.
<------How do you upload the picture under your name?

Change avatar option in your User CP

http://www.hello-onl...=UserCP&CODE=24

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#29 jrongow

jrongow

Forever-5th Gen

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

I've just uploaded a torrent file following the instructions on the previous page. Cause I created the torrent using uTorrent's "Create A New Torrent" function, I checked the start seeding box, n so now the file is shown as seeding in the client. However, there's no upload speed or whatsoever that indicates seeding. I did download the torrent file from the tracker again. So is there something I did wrong?
Posted Image
The Sexy Heroine of my Final Fantasy...
愛 = LOVE

#30 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

@jrongow: I see the Torrent on the Tracker but it is Dead which would definitely explain why you aren't uploading... As to WHY it is dead... Ummm you mentioned you re-dl'ed the new Torrent and it shows it is seeding... Well guess it isn't properly seeding... and just to be safe you did read my Tutorial on creating torrents right?

---
Oh wait... you did mention that you checked 'start seeding' for the NEW torrent you created... Ehh don't do that lol as the information is changed when you upload it to the Tracker, passkey is assigned..

Yet you mentioned that you did dl the torrent from the newly created one.. You did re-check it and it shows seeding for that one right?

---
Also the one you uploaded is still present on the Tracker, located Here
^There aren't any seeders/peers, but best you just seed that incase anyone wants opposed to a duplicate copy*
^^^Got to remember when searching for Torrents before uploading, you have to tick 'dead torrents' as well. Which would be the reason you didn't find it and thought it was removed.

Edited by SacredCultivator, 21 June 2008 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users