Photo

Why i have 32 hr delay when i have 1.00 ratio upload ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 chibisweetloli

chibisweetloli

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:34 AM

i tried to open up my finished torrents to start seeding but didnt get any connection... no body wants to download from me XD im so sad

This can be an issue for sure. At least it is/was one for me, I've been trying the past week to up my ratio, I left things that I had downloaded for almost a week now and my ratio crept up by only .05% ^^;
However, I realized what has been said above, quite often there are tons and tons of seeders, so another one is just not really needed (hence why I left them open for days on end, I'd have 0KB/s upload most of the time, only getting to maybe 10KB/S at most). So I've downloaded a couple torrents that I wouldn't mind seeing but also have much lower seeder-leecher ratios so I can seed properly.

Also if you're using a BitTorrent client you can adjust it to try to seed as much as possible. In BitComet which I use, you can right click the torrent that you're connected to, go down to Properties, then in Properties click on Advanced, then click the box that says Enable Task Specific Settings, then set a minimum upload amount to make the client try and keep. It won't work completely well, but I have definetly noticed a positive difference in my upload speed since I started doing it today.

#22 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:13 AM

Ehh lol I jsut have mine set at 'Forced Seed' so it just seeds hehe... NO need to limit anything but then yeah everyone dl/ul's differently.

And best best for seeding = Hello Mornings, can't go wrong there.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#23 Ja mata ne

Ja mata ne

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

I've uploaded some where in the order of 420 megabytes out of a 460Mb file, so i have around a .93 ratio. Yet I have to wait hours to download any new torrents :wub:

Dont get me wrong, I am all for penalties for those who don't contribute to leaching, but imho so long as you stay above say .7 you should be free to do what you like when you like.

But it'll soon be fixed, downloading a old haromorni epp which has quite a few downloaders, so should be fixed by the time i wake up :blush:

#24 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:19 PM

Ehh you are missing the main idea,

Read here
*Notice you haven't upped 2GB*

It isn't primary on ratio it depends on how much you have UPLOADED as well.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#25 Ja mata ne

Ja mata ne

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:54 AM

sorry i was aware of the FAQ and the 2gb download limit, it was the first thing I read upon joining. I also noticed a spelling mistake in the FAQ too :blush:

Thus why i said it would be fixed by the time i work up, i think i've now uploaded around 4gbs overnight. Left my pc seeding so by the time i get home from uni tonight it should be around the 8-12gb mark keke.

As I said, the idea and logic behind the ratio requirements is good. I hate people who don't seed!

#26 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:16 AM

Oh hehe skipped the last line >< but yup you are out of the Delay thingy now :blush:

#27 Ja mata ne

Ja mata ne

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:29 AM

Dam straight

/runs off to download more utuban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users