#81 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

i wonder if she stayed in MM longer how pop she would be compare to now

but yes i agree she should be invited
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#82 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

I heard that Aya was invited but was in backstage.

#83 siaogeena

siaogeena

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

@sailormari: i agree...she has a nice voice...what a waste....

@Matchin'Col: you mean Ayappe/Ishiguro?

#84 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:14 AM

IMO, if Asuka had stayed longer, until around the time Nakazawa left, she'd be incredibly popular. She has a great voice, she's cute... Plus, she was put up front which tends to help make members popular...

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

#85 Nona

Nona

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

^ So true. I'm guessing she could have easily lasted until the 10th anniversary being that she was the youngest from the original five. It's a shame that the 10th anniversary of both Ai no Tane and Morning Coffee have passed with so little fanfare. :lol:

#86 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

@sailormari: i agree...she has a nice voice...what a waste....

@Matchin'Col: you mean Ayappe/Ishiguro?

Yeah, I meant Ayayye. The true I want to know is why did she left in the first place. I heard some many rumors about her that I don't the real truth.

#87 Nona

Nona

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

The true I want to know is why did she left in the first place. I heard some many rumors about her that I don't the real truth.

I think that because she didn't have a graduation concert, a good guess would be that someone found out about her and Shinya (from Luna Sea) going out. UFA didn't want a scandal so they asked her to leave quietly. The fact that they got married in the spring the same year she quit and had a child in the fall makes this probably the best guess as to what happened to Aya.

#88 H!P#1

H!P#1

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

The true I want to know is why did she left in the first place. I heard some many rumors about her that I don't the real truth.

I think that because she didn't have a graduation concert, a good guess would be that someone found out about her and Shinya (from Luna Sea) going out. UFA didn't want a scandal so they asked her to leave quietly. The fact that they got married in the spring the same year she quit and had a child in the fall makes this probably the best guess as to what happened to Aya.

she had a graduation it used to be on youtube but not any more i think

#89 Mizer

Mizer

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:06 AM

Fukuda Asuka’s Graduation Performance of “Never Forget”
. . . and thus started the Musume tradition of the tearful graduation song . . . ^^;

What a great voice that girl had. :P

The K7 Blog and Translation Station

http://www.hello-onl...l-competition/'>KK's Local Short Documentary Wins 1st Runner-Up in National Competition (07-20-2011)
KK's 19th Birthday Wishes from Members (Updated) (07-16-2011)

Posted Image

#90 Nona

Nona

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

she had a graduation it used to be on youtube but not any more i think

H!P#1, thanks for the info. I have Memory-Seisyun no hikari and First Budokan Dancing Love Site 2000 DVDs so I thought she did not get a proper graduation. It's good hear she did. Again thanks for the correction. :wub:

#91 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:57 AM

Are we talking about the same person? :blink: I heard that Asuka was going back to school but then dropped out.

#92 annabella

annabella

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:05 AM

Erm says on wikipedia that Aya ishiguro was the one with shinya from luna sea they got married.

#93 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

Erm says on wikipedia that Aya ishiguro was the one with shinya from luna sea they got married.

Plus, Ayappe did a interview last year about her time in MM.

#94 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, Aya (married Luna Sea guy, had kids) =/= Asuka (left saying she waned to go back to school, dropped out and worked in her dad's bar) and there is a thread for Aya, so that is where all talk about her should go :D

I wonder if Asuka didn't really know what she was in for, being only 12 when she auditioned (for lead vocals in a rock band :P), and then being put in a group with a bunch of older girls. She probably didn't expect all the attention they would actually get, nor the schedule that went with it, and just couldn't keep up in the end. I suppose we'll never really know though ^^;

#95 siaogeena

siaogeena

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

^lol here is asuka's thread
but we tokin bout aya...

#96 Nickytje

Nickytje

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Asuka really should have stayed longer, she had one of the strongest voices of all members

#97 gubu chan chan

gubu chan chan

Livin' in a bubble

• Senpai
  • 1404 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

Miss her heaps now.... :D
she had such a strong voice and cute puffy cheeks....
and when i knew she was only 12 the time she joined, i was lyk *omg*
Her vocals are amazing though! So much better than Some of the ones we have now...
[Not even going to naming any MM member in particular... :)]

#98 LoveMomusu

LoveMomusu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:45 AM

Fukuda Asuka’s Graduation Performance of “Never Forget”
. . . and thus started the Musume tradition of the tearful graduation song . . . :P

What a great voice that girl had. <3

such a good song....such a amazing voice....among the best

#99 Country Musume FanBoy

Country Musume FanBoy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

I wonder if she'll come to the elder club concert...or at least one of them, or something :(

2mdmglx.jpg

Taiyo & Ciscomoon ~The One & Only~ <3

#100 faraithi sayounara~*waves*

faraithi sayounara~*waves*

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7029 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

Fukuda-san's graduation concert in 1999 has been subtitled by HPS! :huh:

It was released on the Tracker less than half a day ago:

[HPS] Morning Musume 1999 Spring Concert - Memory Seishun no Hikari (1999.04.18 subtitled)

Here are 2 of the screencaps from that page:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's something interesting from the 'Description' for that torrent:

The interesting thing about this graduation is what we now know about the situation at the time between Fukuda and the rest of the group. At the time, her reason given for leaving was to devote herself to her studies. However, she later admitted that she was unhappy, and wanted to get out of the group. For a bit of background, here are some direct quotes from Fukuda which appeared in a 2006 issue of Asahi Geinou, an entertainment magazine:

"Devote myself to studying? Ha ha ha ha, that was just an excuse."

"I got to see two totally different worlds, living in Tokyo (with my parents) and going to school normally, compared to that (show business) world. If I kept it up, I thought I might not be able to go back to having a normal life. That's why I left. But it was already too late."

"It was tough. Right from the start, I thought about quitting."

"Because they said things like that (because you're still a kid), I did what I could. I tried my hardest, but they (the other members) looked at me coldly. That's what I couldn't stand."

"It became 4 versus 1. Like when we were travelling, the four of them would talk together, and I'd be left all alone. Honestly, on radio programs, they wouldn't talk to me at all. I could only talk to the host. Things like that. So I was happy when the three new members joined. It seemed like the other four were getting together like, 'Here come some new annoyances.' But for me it was like, 'Here come some new friends.' (lol)"

"For Nakazawa, who was named as the leader, she also seemed to act harshly as our manager. but maybe it was different with me because I was the youngest. And I was a kid who didn't really think too much, getting difficult things done easily wasn't much fun for me. I was in the waiting room, making a bit of noise, when she yelled, "Shut up!" angrily at me."

"After all, while we got along the worst at the beginning, in the end Nakazawa-san and I were the closest. I saw her working hard and getting better at dancing, and I said, "That's great. I'm jealous." That made her happy. Nakazawa-san is the only one I stayed in touch with after leaving."

"Right now I'm happy to be doing what I love, so I don't want to go back (to show business). My dream for the future is to become a cute bride."

So, with this knowledge, watching this concert is pretty interesting. She seems aloof even during the show, and doesn't shed a tear, although the other members surely do. The backstage scenes are pretty telling, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users