Photo

Talk About Books! What book are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
965 replies to this topic

#61 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

Yesterday I read the first Chapter of the Beverly Clearly book called," Henry and the Club house". If you guys don't know what am I talking about, here's a picture of it:

Posted Image

It's not what it really looks like, but this is the book that I'm reading right now before school starts. :(
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#62 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:33 AM

Human Anatomy for class haha, the human body is soo fu

racequeen.jpg

#63 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

Been reading some books, this are the ones I've read in the last month and a half:

The books of The Earthsea Cycle (all written by Ursula K. Le Guin):
- A wizard of Earthsea
- The tombs of Atuan
- The farthest shore
- Tehanu
- Tales from Earthsea (only the Dragonfly story)
- The other wind

The Halo series:
- Halo: The fall of Reach (Eric Nylund)
- Halo: The Flood (William C. Dietz)
- Halo: First Strike (Eric Nylund)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (all by Douglas Adams):
- The Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- Life, the Universe and Everything
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- Mostly Harmless

100 years of Solitude (Gabriel García Márquez)
The Life Giving Sword (Yagyu Munenori)

Right now I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia series (actually kindda boring, but I like to finish what I start)

And in queue I have

Hagakure: The book of the Samurai (Yamamoto Tsunemoto)
The Unfettered Mind (Takuan Souho)

been thinking about buying the essay Himalia is reading and the one Asuka wrote before graduating Momusu, I'm curious about what they say.
Posted Image

#64 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:47 AM

How are the Halo books? I'm a super big fan of the game. I just havn't taken the time to pick up the books.

Posted Image

#65 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:07 AM

Well, The Fall of Reach is about the origins of the SPARTAN project and their first missions and ends where the first game starts, The Flood is takes place on Halo itself, following the events shown in the game and some that aren't shown, such as how the equipment was gathered, what happend with the marines when they escaped The Pillar of Autumn and First Strike is about what happend after Halo was destroyed and Master's Chief journey to Earth. If you like the game you should read the books, they're good sci-fi literature even if you don't have the slightest idea about what the Halo concept is about.
Posted Image

#66 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

iim reading SUMMER SISTERS ...its really cool.. ::(:

esp. some ecchi parts.. ::D: ::D: :blush :blush
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#67 firefly

firefly

1st gen member

• Shinmem
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:41 AM

hmm, on the book I mentioned I bought several posts back, "Knife of Dreams" (Book 11 of the Wheel of Time epic saga) by Robert Jordan, well I finished reading it like a fortnight ago.

to be honest, after reading the prologue, i was kinda pi$$ed actually! as i said before, i was wondering how Robert Jordan is going to tie up the many plots & fit in Tarman Gaidon within just two books (i.e Book 11 & 12), as he has said Book 12 will be the last. one of those big plots, of course, was the Seanchan & the Empress+Empire. well, in just one foul swoop in the prologue, Robert Jordan killed off the Empress & all of the royal family (bar Tuon, of course). i was hoping for some development on that plot, so was pretty pi$$ed when he killed them off like that. my mood & expectations for the Book 11 really plummeted after reading the prologue

it turned out to be good thing actually :D since my expectations were low with less hype, i was pleasantly surprised with the events in Book 11. actually, i would almost go so far as say that Book 11 is probably my favourite book of the saga so far! loads of development on all characters, both the three taveren (Rand, Mat & Perrin) & the rest (Egwene, Elaine, Tuon, Faile, Loain, the Forsaken, the Shaido, the Seanchan, etc).

I wouldn't want to mention too much, in case I spoil it for anyone, though anyone just starting to read Book One, does have a lot to cover!! :P in any case, looking forward to Book 12!

currently reading "Untangling My Chopsticks" by Victoria Abbot Riccardi, a memoir of an American woman who went to Kyoto for a year to study tea kaiseki, which is a form of food preparation which accompanies the tea ceremony. man, this book really makes my mouth water for Japanese food! not only is it about Japanese food, she also explains her experience with Japanese culture, which makes this book really interesting for lovers of Japanese culture.
when this book finishes, i have "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, waiting to be read :D

one thing, i'd like to ask, anyone here read Paulo Coelho books like "The Alchemist"? how are they? I know his books are pretty popular but just haven't got down to reading one yet.
Posted Image
Mame-hime ~ perfecto mundo! sugar, spice & everything nice!!!

#68 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

reading: hirohito and the making of modern japan

#69 futsguck

futsguck

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

#70 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:32 PM

right now i am reading the The Divine Comedy from Dante Alighieri

i also got done reading Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

thats a good book to read
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#71 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:29 AM

Just finished an endearing book called Totto-chan, the little girl at the window. Very good read. Recommended for everyone of all ages. It is about an autobiography about the author's experiences in while growing up as a young girl. I almost did not want to finish reading it because that would mean no more stories about Totto-chan to read about.

#72 orac

orac

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

Currently reading Art of Memory, Undocumented DOS and The Macro Assembler Bible.
Posted Image

#73 GeN_GiM

GeN_GiM

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

I'm currently pre-occupied with our thesis and so I'm reading:
PHP MySQL for Dummies
PHYTHON tutorial book

and other computer books including Photoshop CS2 tutorials

What a geek I am ::o:

#74 orac

orac

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

I'm currently pre-occupied with our thesis and so I'm reading:
PHP MySQL for Dummies
PHYTHON tutorial book

and other computer books including Photoshop CS2 tutorials

What a geek I am ::o:

Hehe, I am currently studying assembly and DOS for my university project.
Posted Image

#75 chekhan

chekhan

Devoted to Nacchi..

• Senpai
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

hmm...let me see.. i'm currently reading alot of books! Eg. like chemisty textbook, physic textbook, math textbook, social study textbook, Amath textbook and many more. ::o: Exam is round the corner who won't. XD
Image larger than the forum limit has been removed. Please read: http://www.hello-onl...?act=boardrules

Nacchi Forever Fan~

#76 FumikoH

FumikoH

Let's fun!

• Banned
  • 3181 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Wow, this is cool thread! reading is my favorite hobby besides softball and play guitar! My study book that I am reading now is Systems Engineering Principles and Practice by Alexander Kossiakoff, this is given to me by my uncle who uses this for text in a class he teaches for UCLA, he knows my desire to become systems engineer. My fun book is science fiction Beyond Infinity by Gregory Benford who is really physics professor at UCI besides author, truth!
Posted Image Charter member of dorky doki club!

#77 sylpolicia

sylpolicia

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

I'm currently reading The Hound of The Baskervilles...

#78 raeith

raeith

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

hmm...let me see.. i'm currently reading alot of books! Eg. like chemisty textbook, physic textbook, math textbook, social study textbook, Amath textbook and many more. ::P: Exam is round the corner who won't. :o

Well almost the same for me .... I am reading Chem. book , Phy. book , Bio. book , Math. book , A.Math. book , History book .... and everything related to acedemics book , I love to read them ... Its nice , although there is no heroes that help to end corruption or such but there is an educational indexs pages .... I love them ..

I exactly on an exam ... so its even worth more that its original values !!
You guys try to read some additional educational books som ::o: etime , cuz its nice for the mind !! :o

Posted Image

HUMAN DO CHANGE

#79 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

now reading my life bill clinton

#80 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

hey has anyone here read

"eaters of the dead"

thats a good book
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users