226 replies to this topic

#201 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

but the true question is which one you want to support more XD
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#202 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

I think it's fantastic the Koda sisters decided to get together. While the song isn't my favorite, just the fact that these two uber-talented sisters wrote a song and performed it together is amazing. I've been waiting for a collaboration since I found out they were related.

#203 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Koda kumi is my favourite J-pop idol, all her albums are amazing, even Trick despite it being so wacky and experimental. Though I think Black Cherry is her best. Going back to the whole sisters performing together thing, I love that song, the video is also hilarious, I like that the girls let their hair down and just had a blast recording and performing together!

#204 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

^ i agree

black cherry is her best so far i just love it
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#205 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

^

Black cherry is just awesome so beautifully varied and the singles on that album are her best of all time. Cherry girl is my fave song by her so that sort of biases my opinion to this album :itadakimasu:

#206 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

So, I realized Kumiko's TRICK is made of epic win.
And I love the CD + 2DVD cover. So I want to get it.
But, it's REALLY expensive, but the Hong Kong version is not.
Should I get the Hong Kong version? What's the difference?

I've actually heard a rumour that there is also a possible SOUND QUALITY difference? ... I really doubt that. But the printing paper quality I can definitely agree on. Its funny because this very album I'm still in debate over the Japan vs the HK edition due to the $50 price tag (HAVE to get the DVD version for the COVER alone!!)... The HK is SO much more affordable but... but... ugghhhh...

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#207 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

I got a chinese version of 'black cherry' which was fantastic quality, but can't speak for the hong kong ones

#208 mami_286

mami_286

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

I've actually heard a rumour that there is also a possible SOUND QUALITY difference? ... I really doubt that. But the printing paper quality I can definitely agree on. Its funny because this very album I'm still in debate over the Japan vs the HK edition due to the $50 price tag (HAVE to get the DVD version for the COVER alone!!)... The HK is SO much more affordable but... but... ugghhhh...

I'm not sure (probably wrong) but I thought it's the difference in record company/who prints the cds where Avex Japan is more expensive printing-wise than the HK company. I usually buy the JP ver though because I can't read the Chinese lyrics and the DVD region. Some people only want the JP for their collections too.

#209 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Says something when I have go back to the third page to find this thread.

Anyway, Kumi's new mini-album is available here 3 Splash as well as the videos for [url="http://<a%20href="http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/?page=details&id=55661"%20target="_blank">http://mullemeck.ser...ls&id=55661</a>"]ECSTASY[/url] and Hashire!.

ECSTASY is business as usual for Kumi. Good sets, hot-as-hell Kumi and very well done dancing. Wall to wall sexy and I love it. As a added bonus they put Kumi on a Hyabusa. My two favorite sexy Japanese imports in one shot.

Hashire! shows Kumi's silly side and is a good balance to ECSTASY. More emphasis was placed on Kumi's dancing as opposed to her sexy. But as with her other cutesy videos Kumi still displays a healthy amount of sexiness. I don't think she can help it, she just has too much fot it be completely hidden. But it's still nice to see that she's still a bit of a dork and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

#210 hen87

hen87

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Kumi is good when she sings a song lonely...
because when i listen to duet koda sister, i hate the song.... or maybe i don't like the type of song....
but for overall, kumi is best in solo...

#211 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

This thread having been bumpped up since April.

@Ninja-Man
I guess some of us go to Honey Flash Forum for more info.

#212 neko

neko

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

I was playing Koda Kumi's "This ain't a love song" at work the other day, and one of my coworkers wanted to know who it was. She said Kumi needs to debut over here cause it sounded really good. Seriously, Trick and Kingdom were awesome. I hadn't listened to her in a while and picked up those albums last month. They had some really good tracks on em.
VOTE FOR KPOP ON MTV PUSH FACEBOOK PAGE!!!
click me!!!

#213 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

As someone who has still not and refuses to hear her duet with Fergie I would wish Kumi success abroad but if it means compromising her sound to make mediocre songs in English (like Utada) I say don't bother.

Damn you English-centric non multilingual-tolerant crap-music loving middle cross section of music buying population of the US! Put down the Funyuns, turn off the Jonass Brothers and Disney Channel and learn how to appreciate other music already! Understanding lyrics isn't that important! It's not like lyrics are that important even if they are in English anyway! Examples: 'My Humps' or "Hollaback Girl'.

Back on topic: Hashire was really silly but had some parts that contrasted a little. Ecstasy was a bit over the top with Kumi wrapped in blue tape and playing in a tub of white slime but at least it stayed a few notches away from what could have been obscene.

#214 neko

neko

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

^ song with fergie? *goes back and looks in thread* O, that was fergie on that track?! I had no idea. I didn't even listen to the whole track cause the lyrics got on my nerves. :o I still like the song, though, it was good. I just couldn't stand the lyrics. Crappy lyrics are the whole reason I moved away from American music and started listening to Japanese music.
VOTE FOR KPOP ON MTV PUSH FACEBOOK PAGE!!!
click me!!!

#215 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Damn you English-centric non multilingual-tolerant crap-music loving middle cross section of music buying population of the US! Put down the Funyuns, turn off the Jonass Brothers and Disney Channel and learn how to appreciate other music already! Understanding lyrics isn't that important! It's not like lyrics are that important even if they are in English anyway! Examples: 'My Humps' or "Hollaback Girl'.

Preach on my brother, preach on!

Hashire! was a nice switch for Kumi. Kind of cutexy to use the term being applied elsewhere on this site. It was a fun romp for her and her dancers to show off. I do like how even though Esctasy is the sexy pv Kuu-chan was showing off much more skin and shaking her perfect, dancer's booty in Hashire!. All about the presentation I guess, lol.

The mystery goo was a bit much I have to say. Those scenes could have been easily removed and the video would have been only hot instead of adding a bit of "wtf" to it. But, as mixedmedia pointed out, by keeping the goo far from her face they avoided suggesting anything overtly sexual. I've also been hearing that all of the objects she pulled out of the goo, 2 different pistols, a rose (I think), a champaign glass and handcuffs are supposed to have more meaning behind them. Anybody hear this as well or perhaps know what this is about? This may only be a case of someone running their keyboard but the oddity of the whole goo scene makes it seem plausible.

I've already ranted about "That Ain't Cool", no need to do it again. It sucks.

And on a final pervy note, even though I didn't exactly like the goo scene the expression on Kumi's face when she pulled out the handcuffs made for a very melty ninja. :o

#216 fanny111

fanny111

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

Does anyone else think that Kumi Koda's Lick Me video looks a bit like Hyori Lee's U-Go-Girl video. I just thought the color scheme was very very similar. Thats all.
Posted Image

#217 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

Had all 3 of the songs on my mp3 player and liking them a lot. Re-watched the corresponding PVs and to me they kinda of take away from the songs depending what one's interests may be. I hate to sound like a hater but Kumi's dancers need either new hair-make people or new stylists because they're kind of scary looking. Somehow Kumi seems to pull off just about anything but sometimes her dancers look too fierce to the point of being manly. Just my 2 cents.

And there needed to be more scenes from when they went in the ocean. Missed opportunity.

"Hashire" is in no danger of running out of cowbell.

#218 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Damn this thread has been dead for a year!

However her official website is renewed and this is her 10th anniversary.. New single suki de suki de suki de / anata dake ga is out on 22/9!
Kuu got her voice to a car navigating machine also this year ~

#219 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

i like suki de suki de suki de it a true kumi song
Posted Image

#220 BlackTsubaki

BlackTsubaki

Takamina

• Senpai
  • 1061 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

倖田來未 / 好きで、好きで、好きで。
Her new-ish single, no PV for it though :*(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdp8wSNn9C4

Takamina I Shimada Haruka I Mayuyu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users