• Please log in to reply
9757 replies to this topic

#8901 Syd

Syd

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

I'm so glad that Maki attended the graduation concert. Aichan is probably happy that her idol is seeing her graduation.

And I love Maki in the Cd cover. Especially her hair and it's dyed perfectly. Also I think it's the first time I ever see Maki in dark or black hair. Seriously it's so weird seeing her having dark colored hair. I'm used to see her in brown or blonde hair that It makes me think that those are her natural hair colors.
I don't have anything yet, wait for me to add a sig.

Also I love listening to Japanese Music

#8902 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

tsunku sent her flower
after what she said to him in media...

can somebody translate what tsunku message for her??

Tsunku said something about Dori Musume having a concert this autumn so do come and watch it.

#8903 RYBO316

RYBO316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Attached File  o0640085611518889977.jpg   180.92K   69 downloads

Nono posted this on her blog. :)

Edit: I see somebody already beat me to the punch.

#8904 lovemusic

lovemusic

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 12487 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Mikitty's blog

Posted Image

#8905 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

This is from Tsunku's latest episode of Tsuntube. The shows regular idol participants are in the studio recording something. What does this have to do with Maki? Some people still don't believe she left HP seeking more artistic freedom. This is a perfect example of what Maki was talking about when she "criticized" him. I don't think she was insulting him at all, just saying how things were.

http://youtu.be/sKHohgMTwQY?t=16m54s

This is how Tsunku operates as a producer, which is fine and it obviously works for him. But if you want to be taken seriously as an artist you need the freedom to be an artist. So Maki left. Personally I like a lot of the stuff she's done at Avex and hope this hiatus isn't the end of her career as a singer.

If you watch the whole thing it has ads so be warned.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#8906 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

When Goto was with UFA Tsunku pretty much made all the decision for singing and so forth. Back then everyone including OGs were under H!P. Abe managed to sing some songs not written by Tsunku but she tends to be an exception in that regards.

Now that M-line is made for those who are not in H!P who knows what could happen. There were some rumors that Goto wasn't happy with how she was treated by Avex(i.e. freedom to be an artist) so I can fantasize about her returning to UFA. In reality Tsunku still makes the decision for DMM so I doubt that hold will be loosened.

#8907 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

^
I wouldn't doubt that Avex didn't give her as much freedom as she wanted. Sure, she seems like she got to keep some of her style, but she was doing pretty much the same type of music/dancing and wearing the same type of outfits as she did with H!P. She also went to music/dance training in LA. I'm sure she'd be more than capable of writing her own music by now, but I don't think she actually got to write any of her own songs, and the first few PVs seemed to be more like a fashion promotion than a Goto Maki choosing her own style type of thing.
Unless what she meant by artistic freedom was pretty much doing the same thing with no idol stigma attached.
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#8908 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:57 AM

tsunku sent her flower
after what she said to him in media...

can somebody translate what tsunku message for her??

Tsunku said something about Dori Musume having a concert this autumn so do come and watch it.

thanks!
and did maki said yes?

#8909 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

^^
Compared to H!P I think she got a bit more freedom(not being restricted to cutesy idol character), but ultimately, if she wants to be an artist, she has to create the product.

As for writing her own song, who knows. But I doubt that. Out of all the MM members, I think Yasuda was only one who showed any work of her own. 3 months of foreign training doesn't really prepare someone for writing songs.

#8910 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Unless what she meant by artistic freedom was pretty much doing the same thing with no idol stigma attached.

Yeah, that's what got me confused as well. She left Avex to have "more artistic freedom", yet the first thing she did was almost exactly the same as her last few H!P singles.
Sexy, boob-touching, floor writhing ^_^
We'll probably never know the real reason behind it all.

#8911 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

If I can add my two cents...................it seems to be an ingrained aspect of Japanese culture, and certainly within a large concern such as H!P/UFA to adapt a certain regimen and follow that no matter what. We know, from watching years go by that their are individual group spring and fall tours, entire organization summer and winter tours.

I've seen videos where newbs are receiving training and the teachers are saying "this is how we sing Jpop" as if that is the ONLY way to sing something. I think, in both Maki's and Aibon's cases, that they perceived a little bit of vision beyond what they were experiencing and thought that it was a shame that they couldn't at least experiment with how they do things and possibly find an outlet more to their liking.

Whether Maki found that at Avex, I don't know. I suppose that Avex is as concerned with the bottom line as anyone and tried to pressure her to deliver whatever they thought the public wanted, not what she wanted to express. It would be safe to say that all media companies are like that.

In the past though she had been publicly critical of Tsunku's approach to her possibly for no other reason than that he was pulling her strings instead of herself. When you're in the idol system that's how it goes, no matter if you can plainly see that people like Ayu, Utada Hikaru and Shiina Ringo calling their own shots.

#8912 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

^^ Hey she paid good money for those boobs you bet she's going to show them off! :lol:

Seriously though artistic freedom doesn't have to mean a complete departure from what she was doing before. If you like pop you're going to continue making pop. My point was Tsunku has the girls copy exactly how he sings the songs. If you're a real singer that's got to be frustrating.

I've seen videos where newbs are receiving training and the teachers are saying "this is how we sing Jpop" as if that is the ONLY way to sing something. I think, in both Maki's and Aibon's cases, that they perceived a little bit of vision beyond what they were experiencing and thought that it was a shame that they couldn't at least experiment with how they do things and possibly find an outlet more to their liking.

Good point.

In the past though she had been publicly critical of Tsunku's approach to her possibly for no other reason than that he was pulling her strings instead of herself. When you're in the idol system that's how it goes, no matter if you can plainly see that people like Ayu, Utada Hikaru and Shiina Ringo calling their own shots.

She wasn't happy with the situation so she left. People wanted to know why she left and when she explained she's accused of being insulting or criticizing, bit of a catch 22 there.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#8913 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

#8914 ♥アメーバー !♥

♥アメーバー !♥

♥Gyuuunyuuuu~!♥XD

• Senpai
  • 2833 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

^mashuu lol

i loved that skit when i first watchd it years ago i couldnt stop laughing!
Posted Image

#8915 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

Good times. :lol:
Matthew was a genius.

#8916 convoy/M

convoy/M

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

@ gwbiasaaja

hahahaha love that, thanks for sharing!! XD
Posted Image sorry for being damn obsessed with MakiAi :)

#8917 neonero

neonero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1756 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Ayanokoji Sho < Ai Ai Gasa > Goto Maki Non stop love Yoroshiku!! ful PV : http://www.dailymoti...4649_shortfilms

740211sigio.jpg

#8918 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Goto Maki will be releasing a new photobook "go to natura..." on Nov. 27. It'll be her first PB release in five years (Via H!O Twitter)
http://www.oricon.co...c/2002751/full/

#8919 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

frkn awesomeee. she never had near enough photobooks back in the day for being so damned good looking :noo:

h_obanner.jpg

#8920 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

:noo:

For some reason, I LOL'd at that emoticon. It fit so well with your sentence.

Horray for a new Goto PB. This is great news. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users