• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#61 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:35 PM

I was so surprised when they announced she's joining Tsubaki Factory. Part of me is a little disappointed, because I'm not really a fan of TF, but I'll definitely be giving them a chance now!

#62 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

I recently got into Tsubaki, and they have great songs and performances, but I'm still concerned about the friendliness about the group. It seems like Juice=Juice had a far more warm welcome to the new members than Tsubaki did. And she's the youngest by a lot...and the only KSS of the new kids. I think Tsubaki is a great group for fans, but I'm a little worried about how she will be working with the group.

That said, I'm just more excited about Tsubaki now, and hope she'll have a great time. :)

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#63 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 06:08 PM

Good point. Tsubaki doesn't seem like a very close bunch. I'm hoping the new members will help change that a bit. I think that's my only concern about Tsubaki that I didn't quite realize until now because I do enjoy their songs and performances, but as idols themselves I feel clueless.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#64 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 06:53 PM

To be fair, Riko did say she was super nervous and couldn't express her feelings correctly because usually, Captain is in charge of the announcement XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#65 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:01 PM

That's fair! Also it's the group's first experience with new members joining, so it makes sense everyone feels a bit awkward.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#66 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I can imagine how awkward and weird it is accepting new members when you're used to being a stable lineup. I'm sure some of the current TF members would rather have not had any new members at all, but they have to act excited, right? Add in Riko's inexperience with welcoming new members and it makes for a less-than-stellar first impression. TF honestly reminds me of early MM, when there was more inter-competition than one big happy family like Anju. 

There's a 3 year ago gap between her and the other newbies, but she has the benefit of being known to the previous members, as well as connections to other debuted members who've been through the KSS system with her. She'll be fine... if she wasn't ready, they wouldn't have debuted her. I'm just a bit concerned about her lack of enthusiasm with the assignment to TF. I don't know much about her, but she said "I'm happy" while not looking terribly thrilled. Maybe it was the shock, maybe she just has a cool demeanor like Riho did... ionno. We'll see how she takes to it :)

#67 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, I can imagine how awkward and weird it is accepting new members when you're used to being a stable lineup. I'm sure some of the current TF members would rather have not had any new members at all, but they have to act excited, right? Add in Riko's inexperience with welcoming new members and it makes for a less-than-stellar first impression. TF honestly reminds me of early MM, when there was more inter-competition than one big happy family like Anju. 

There's a 3 year ago gap between her and the other newbies, but she has the benefit of being known to the previous members, as well as connections to other debuted members who've been through the KSS system with her. She'll be fine... if she wasn't ready, they wouldn't have debuted her. I'm just a bit concerned about her lack of enthusiasm with the assignment to TF. I don't know much about her, but she said "I'm happy" while not looking terribly thrilled. Maybe it was the shock, maybe she just has a cool demeanor like Riho did... ionno. We'll see how she takes to it :)

She really wanted to be in Juice=Juice so I expect she's a bit disappointed with that~

#68 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:25 PM

I've known Kisora and Omizu to be plenty close outside of work, and Mao is just universally friendly. Tsubaki's indie "2nd" generation being added before the group even had its major debut and having so many years to develop without any new additions just means that we don't really have too much of an idea of how their seniority and inter-gen dynamics will play out yet. If anything, I'd say that Runo having 3 newbies in her generation to bond with should help them all feel a little bit less like outsiders in their own group so that they can open up a little more overall. Otherwise I wouldn't really expect anyone to be *unkind* or intentionally cold/intimidating towards the new members. Kiki is the only one that I'd worry could be a little distant at first since she started feeling really insecure after Risa's scandal, but I'm sure she'd come around after they compliment Charlie a few times.

#69 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 10:20 PM

I’m so proud she got placed into Tsubaki Factory! She’s another member that also gave me potential oshimen vibes too. I can’t wait to see more of her.

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

#70 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:40 AM

She really wanted to be in Juice=Juice so I expect she's a bit disappointed with that~

Most of Runo's wotas definitely wanted her in J=J instead of Tsubaki, and Runo very likely wanted to be in J=J as well... but I hope her wotas keep supporting her even in Tsubaki.

On Harodori and at the Shindan Tests, you could tell that she likes J=J a lot. At the KSS FC events I went to (which aren't shown on the internet, TV, DVD, etc), she showed her love for J=J there a bunch too.

Runo says in her interview with Oricon that she's happy to be added to Tsubaki: https://www.oricon.c...s/2199380/full/

yet... you could tell that she was not 100% thrilled to be added to Tsubaki. It's hard to hide emotions like that in a situation like we just saw. Just compare her reaction to Kisaki's...

Also, it sucks that there's a significant age gap between her and the other new members, and none of her friends from KSS are joining her in Tsubaki as well.

The Tsubaki members obviously haven't been watching Harodori or taking much interest in the KSS, because when Runo entered the room, one of them said "I think I've maybe seen her before?", and several were saying "Yufu-chan! It's Yufu-chan, right?"

Comon Tsubaki, please at least try and know the names of the KSS... ^^; (EDIT: btw, I should probably mention that I like Tsubaki Factory and regularly go to their events, I'm not trying to hate on them)

Despite all that, hopefully the new members and the veteran Tsubaki members make her feel welcome in the group.

Runo is only 13 yet so good at singing and performing already, so I hope she improves even more and becomes a super-ace in Tsubaki and all of H!P :)

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#71 takoyakissu

takoyakissu

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:48 AM

tbh i feel like both Tsubaki member and runo not expecting that runo will join Tsubaki (runo think she will joined j=j or new group while tsubaki member think she win best perform so runo will join j=j)

and for tsubaki member weak reaction its because its their first time to do something like this(they dont know what to do in that situation), when 2nd gen join we only got 1 vid with 2nd gen and only shimizu saki(CMIIW).

and talking about tsubaki member relation they pretty much close..i know that kisoran close with ami and omizu, kiki+saorin, while mao,riko and yumeno pretty much center of their relation. and recently omizu pretty much close with kiki.

btw im really glad that runo joined tsubaki (even though i want her to be in J=J and kisaki in TF), good thing about runo in tsubaki is she can get better role/spot in tsubaki and wont get overshadowed by her senior.

#72 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:50 AM

The H!P fandom is always so harsh to Tsubaki, and most of the criticism is largely unfounded. They are not a bad group to be in by any means, nor are they unfriendly. I understand that Runo was hoping to be in JJ, that was pretty much obvious, but being put in Tsubaki is not a punishment by any means... This is not the first instance of KSS girls not being added to the group they were gunning for, just think how many were hoping for Momusu, to end up somewhere else in the end. 

About the reception the new members received, I think it's also being exaggerated, one has to understand that these were Tsubaki's first new members in five years. Also, Mizuho, Saori, and Mao are pretty much on equal footing with the original members as they made their major debut together, and there was no hierarchy within the group. If we're going to compare their reactions to those of JJ, it's also worth noting that JJ members are much more experienced with this as they have been adding new members yearly since 2017. But their reactions to their very first new members back then were similarly awkward. Also, Riko said how she felt nervous as it was her first time announcing such big things herself, as for Tsubaki it was previously always done by Shimizu Saki.

There are big things coming for Tsubaki, such as their first Budokan concert in three months, and I think this is probably the fastest for newly debuted members to perform at Budokan? Well, in recent years at least. There's also their TV show, so plenty of promotion. Runo will do well in the group with her outstanding talents and I am sure she will quickly come to the front.

--------

Anyway, here are some nice shots of Runo with her seniors, and the genmate who's a big fan of her lol

88UxlYq.jpg

uj40L2P.jpg

More under spoiler

Spoiler

Source: https://hominis.medi.../idol/post7603/

I8dtEOy.gif

#73 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:16 AM

unpopular opinion: upfront was trolling the fans XD XD Even the twitter trend showed Runo JJ XD XD

But in my opinion, she's the one that Tsubaki needed now. I can see some hole that left after Risamaru quit. And maybe Runo-chan is the one that will fill the hole. She's still very young and have a bright future. Goodluck Runo-chan for your new role.

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#74 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:18 AM

yeah it's really bothersome seeing how tsubaki is perceived and discussed by the fandom. it feels like they've been permanently stuck with the lesser-than-kobushi image and fans can't seem to move on from that lol. i think tsubaki are a great group, they may be a little more distant in terms of friendships with each other (seemingly, ofc we don't know for sure), but overall they work hard and put on good performances, and of course put out good songs. i understand the disappointment with runo but i think she and the new girls will all be more than fine in tsubaki, i'm excited to see what they can do

#75 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:22 AM

yeah it's really bothersome seeing how tsubaki is perceived and discussed by the fandom. it feels like they've been permanently stuck with the lesser-than-kobushi image and fans can't seem to move on from that lol

You hit the nail on the head with this one, it's so true.

--------------

More new gen goodness, previews of Ikuze! Tsubaki Factory, first episode out on July 26.

GbkoQUx.jpg

kfhNpTT.jpg

Source: https://popnroll.tv/articles/18749

I8dtEOy.gif

#76 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:45 AM

The H!P fandom is always so harsh to Tsubaki, and most of the criticism is largely unfounded. They are not a bad group to be in by any means, nor are they unfriendly. I understand that Runo was hoping to be in JJ, that was pretty much obvious, but being put in Tsubaki is not a punishment by any means... This is not the first instance of KSS girls not being added to the group they were gunning for, just think how many were hoping for Momusu, to end up somewhere else in the end. 

About the reception the new members received, I think it's also being exaggerated, one has to understand that these were Tsubaki's first new members in five years. Also, Mizuho, Saori, and Mao are pretty much on equal footing with the original members as they made their major debut together, and there was no hierarchy within the group. If we're going to compare their reactions to those of JJ, it's also worth noting that JJ members are much more experienced with this as they have been adding new members yearly since 2017. But their reactions to their very first new members back then were similarly awkward. Also, Riko said how she felt nervous as it was her first time announcing such big things herself, as for Tsubaki it was previously always done by Shimizu Saki.

There are big things coming for Tsubaki, such as their first Budokan concert in three months, and I think this is probably the fastest for newly debuted members to perform at Budokan? Well, in recent years at least. There's also their TV show, so plenty of promotion. Runo will do well in the group with her outstanding talents and I am sure she will quickly come to the front.

I hope my post wasn't interpreted as me hating on Tsubaki, since I actually like Tsubaki. I go to their events regularly, which of course I wouldn't pay money to do if I thought they were a bad group.

I was just posting some concerns that I have about Runo's situation, which also seems to be concerns that a lot of the Japanese fandom have been voicing as well on twitter over the past day.

I shared this on discord yesterday, but I love this Runo wota's rallying cry for Runo wotas on the fence about her being in Tsubaki :)

https://twitter.com/...734307353829378

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#77 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1653 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:45 AM

Runo actually looks like a mix of Sayumi, Meimi and Yanamin. Her image does suit Tsubaki more than J=J, so I can see why the management decides to place her in Tsubaki.

The thing is she is significantly younger, she is 13 going 14 (the next youngest member is 16 going 17, which is a 3 year old gap).

I wonder if the age gap is going to make her hard to integrate into the group with no peer of the same/similar age as her. Hopefully, her experience in Kenshuusei will help her.

#78 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1860 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:49 PM

I am glad they choosed TF for her.  TF needs someone with good vocals and she could shine more than in J=J with her ability. I only hope they let her slowly grow within the group. Not doing a Riho in MM...

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#79 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:24 PM

yeah it's really bothersome seeing how tsubaki is perceived and discussed by the fandom. it feels like they've been permanently stuck with the lesser-than-kobushi image and fans can't seem to move on from that lol

You hit the nail on the head with this one, it's so true.

I don’t think this is true. Most people have been concerned because Runo *wanted* to be in Juice=Juice, and she is currently the youngest in Tsubaki by 3 years, and we’re probably all concerned about the atmosphere in Tsubaki after Risa’s scandal. (No matter how valid people thought Risa’s complaints were or not.)

I don’t think lately people still think Tsubaki isn’t as good as Kobushi because they’ve been acknowledged as the high visuals group with fun pretty music and they’ve mostly been outselling Juice=Juice for years. From a career perspective, for Runo, being in Tsubaki is actually probably the better move for her. But she might personally be less happy in Tsubaki—plus, while I think Tsubaki’s songs are more fun to listen to as a fan, for a singer of Runo’s skill now and in the future they strike me as not as fun to sing. It’s not about the singing level of Tsubaki—that doesn’t matter except to determine how much fun Runo has singing the songs. It’s actually better for Runo like multiple people have pointed out if she’s way ahead of her peers in singing ability so she gets the impressive lines.

As idols, imo Tsubaki are more successful than Juice=Juice in recent years, but sure let’s make it about Kobushi again. Maybe it’s a little bit about that but mostly it’s really not.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#80 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:16 PM

I'm also kinda on the verge of disliking Runo being chosen for TF. I can imagine the news were a huge shock for her. She looked pretty unhappy while trying to hold it in.
For TF Runo is of course a big win. But somehow I believe they should have prepared or asked Runo beforehand since it was OBVIOUS for everyone that her biggest dream was to be a member of Juice=Juice. Throwing her under the bus like they did in that segment was not nice to Runo but also not for the other girls who clearly dream of becoming a TF member. It's cute though that Shiori? Said Runo is her favourite Kenshuusei member - that made the atmosphere a bit lighter I think.

I hope she can somehow gather strength from that situation and make the best of it. There are girls that never even debut. Plus she is still in Hello!Project so she'll get the chance to sing Juice=Juice songs on stages like her B-day events, in shuffles etc. I mean Sakura isn't really getting vocally challenged a lot in Morning Musume either but she has work outside of the group sometimes where she can shine singing wise.
And who knows the group might also develop further with its new members and Runo might get to sing more interesting parts in the groups future songs so that she can develop her skill further.
I'm trying to look forward to the future and am very curious how Runo will fit in. I mean after all management and teachers have an unique view on the girls the fans don't have and we might not see what they see. Haro Dori etc of course is only a small glimpse we see from the daily KSS training and life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users