• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

I just recently watched the Full metal alchemist movie, and its soo great and touching.... and a nice way to end the anime. I felt abit tear jerky at the end of it since it was such a wonderful and great ending. :crying

---------------SPOILER !--------------

on side note: What happened to Gluttony? why on earth was he soo big and powerful, I haven't watched the anime for ages could someone refresh my memory please XD (thanks in advance)
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#2 SDSUMarcus01

SDSUMarcus01

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

I want to see that. Last summer, after I finished watching my bootlegged version of the series (at the time I could only watch it through fan subs)... they had just come out with the movie.

Did you get a bootlegged version or did you d/l it?

I'd like to wait until the whole series + movie comes out in the US, but that'll take forever.

#3 xmorfis

xmorfis

Egao!Yes!NOOB

• Uploader
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

I watch the one from boxtorrents....the movie was pretty cool..knowing that alphonse was not in an armor now...The reason gluttony becam humongous?....maybe she ate envy and become like that. Some how the quality was not so good....I waiting for a better quality one in the near future. :blink:

#4 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:52 PM

Hmm, I'm not too sure which version i watched, but it was quite clear and there was no background noise though. Yeah! what was weird was Alphonse's dress sense and hairstyle, it was more or less the same as Ed's which was kinda creepy for me.
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#5 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

Ah! I downloaded that awhile ago, but never watched it... I'll do that tonight! ::D:

I can't remember much, but all I remember Gluttony is crying over Lust dying and I think he either dies himself or eats something ._.;

#6 Lum

Lum

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

All i can say about this movie AND the series is: WoW!!!
This Series has moved up on my likings, even over Bleach and HunterxHunter which both are freaking awesome animes. After i watched 51 episodes of FMA in two days and now i watched the movie, i cant really do anything else then cry about knowing that there aint gonna be more of this.
Gluttony became so huqe because he ate the woman in Ryla's body(Can't remember name atm...) Because she had usen the Philosopher's Stone alot of times to move from body to body so her knowledge about Alchemy was huge (Maybe she had produced some in-complete Philosephers Stone inside her body or something).

Tho, the sub's were pretty bad, for example Wrath was subbed as Ross and Winfry as Wendy... and Al as Eri sometimes (sigh...) The movie is really the greatest movie i have ever seen.

Just a hint, Dont watch this movie if you havent seen the TV Series, it ruins the movie totally.
Ishikawa Rika = Kawaii, ne?

#7 Amane-san

Amane-san

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:35 AM

I watched the movie a few months ago and well I didn't like it. I thought it was just great up until the end.. yeah it's nice that him and his brother are reunited.. but.. but.. what about Winry???? I was a huge WinryxEd fan and well when I saw the movie that was the end of that.

Posted Image

#8 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

The Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa motion picture won the 2006 Fantasia Film Festival audience award for best animated film.

#9 Crusaders

Crusaders

Maeda Ami

• Senpai
  • 880 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

you think there will be another FMA movie? Atleast I dont think the story has ended yet....

#10 meatwad202

meatwad202

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:51 PM

Loved the anime. The movie....eh, it was ok. I really expected more from it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Mako-chan Love Always!!!
Ogawa Makoto and Konno Asami's memory shall not fade. May they continue to do well in all their future endeavors.

#11 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:06 AM

i've watched it along time ago, it was a pretty cheesy story
i don't think their would be another movie because there's no more story to it, can't use alchemy anymore

the movie featured hitler and his plans were foiled.

#12 ahlzienen

ahlzienen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:42 AM

hello there!!!

btw i had watched fma movie a couple of months ago.... heres what ive got to say
the animation was indeed great!!! indeed can be call an animation movie
BUT!!! im really disapointed about the ending!!! coz the elric brother have to stay on the other side!!!

#13 orac

orac

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:05 AM

I pre-ordered the movie, on cdjapan, and when i watched it, thought it was pretty cool. But now I need to finish watching the anime, lol
Posted Image

#14 fang

fang

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

hello there!!!

btw i had watched fma movie a couple of months ago.... heres what ive got to say
the animation was indeed great!!! indeed can be call an animation movie
BUT!!! im really disapointed about the ending!!! coz the elric brother have to stay on the other side!!!

Yea, the ending wasn't as good...I was hoping the Elric brothers will continue to be State Alchemists and live together with Winry and others. I think that will be a better ending.

#15 Lev

Lev

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:08 AM

I know that I am late on this, but someone point me to where I can get the movie. Be it tracker or actual DVD. Someone let me know!
Sou da! Mattaku! Sono Toori!

Posted Image

....Kuso!

#16 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:53 AM

mininova.org that's where i got the movie from.

#17 Lev

Lev

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

Sweet! Thanks!
Sou da! Mattaku! Sono Toori!

Posted Image

....Kuso!

#18 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:31 AM

Anyone living in Houston theres a showing at Alamo West Oaks Theatre on September 6 at 8:00 p.m. Voice actors Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric), Caitlin Glass (Winry Rockbell) and Director Mike McFarland will be there. Apparatently the first 100 attendance will get a full-size poster of the movie which going to kick nine-way of asses. I hope to get there early if work permits but if not, eh, it be just great to see the movie on the big-screen.

Here's a link to the theaters thats going to be showing the movie:

http://www.funimatio...m/theaters.html
~Nothing

#19 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

rats i won't be able to watch it, since it's too far away all the way in kennewick. which is like a 6 hour drive or longer. :c06:

#20 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:36 AM

i'll say...sometimes sad endings are better than happy ones, especially for long animations

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users