• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#221 PeachCandy

PeachCandy

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 10:16 AM

According to fan reports, Meichan announced at her birthday event that she will be releasing her first Photobook "Mei 16" on August 21st. Taken at Amami Oshima.

#222 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 10:40 AM

^Further confirming that it is a full photobook, fans have also said that the presented offshot during her birthday event was a swimsuit photo. Buyer beware for fans who have issues with purchasing these

Amami Oshima was also where Reirei took her photobook that was released last year.

#223 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:25 PM

I mean... she is already 16, that's older than Riho, Duu, Karin, Risako...
...but Mei also has this rather childish image. Sigh. Every now and then I feel like Up Front moves away from this and then there's a setback.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#224 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 01:22 PM

disappointed but not surprised at all

#225 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:35 PM

16 one year old pandas for your 16th

Spoiler

Happy Birthday Mei-chan

#226 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 05:28 PM

I'm really sad that whenever a member under 18 has the PB with swimsuit photos, somebody turns into "No, it's inappropriate" mode. It's the pose which makes people feel uncomfortable, not the costume. Otherwise, whenever we see a girl under 18 with the swimsuit on, we'll consider it "inappropriate".

Back to the main story, I hope that in this PB, Mei still keeps her childish and "Panda" theme in the PBs. In my own opinion, I predict when the company drives Mei into "sexy" mode or similar modes, it won't work. It's really disappointing when the manager tells her to throw away these "Panda" stuffs.

#227 Angermetico

Angermetico

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 06:47 PM

Happy birthday Mei!!

As English is not my native language, I use a translator, and there may be errors in what I post.

Tsubaki Factory´s single compilation

Angerme´s single compilation

OCHA NORMA´s single compilation

#228 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 08:59 PM

I'm really sad that whenever a member under 18 has the PB with swimsuit photos, somebody turns into "No, it's inappropriate" mode. It's the pose which makes people feel uncomfortable, not the costume. Otherwise, whenever we see a girl under 18 with the swimsuit on, we'll consider it "inappropriate".

Cause based on the history of hp pbs, the poses and shots are not appropiate.

And it's different when the girl under 18 is being photographed to be sold to an audience of mostly adult men, it's not that they can't wear swimsuits, it's the context of it all.

#229 Gjunky

Gjunky

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:02 PM

Back to the main story, I hope that in this PB, Mei still keeps her childish and "Panda" theme in the PBs. In my own opinion, I predict when the company drives Mei into "sexy" mode or similar modes, it won't work. It's really disappointing when the manager tells her to throw away these "Panda" stuffs.

Here's hoping that she keeps to her own personality and just be fun with it.   I much prefer the happy, go-lucky, fun stuff over any sexy stuff that's already happens in thier videos.   I want all smiles, silly and fun from this photobook.

#230 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 11:57 PM

Well, here's a sample......I see nothing too shocking here. She's cute a.f.

Attached Files

#231 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:44 AM

Well, here's a sample......I see nothing too shocking here. She's cute a.f.

My man with the honesty.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#232 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:15 AM

My problem is that

1. I honestly don't see the need for bikini photos if not as fanservice. There's pretty much three reasons for bikini pictures: vacation pictures from the beach, modeling to sell bikinis and fanservice.

2. As mentioned before, Mei is already 16, the same age as Rio was when her pb was released... but Mei looks much younger. Depending on her styling she could easily pass for a pre-teen. I held myself back with the discussion about Rio's photobook because yes, I can understand why a young girl would want to push her career a bit with something that's awkward to some people, but pretty common in the idol business.

But I wonder what Up Front as a company is trying to sell with bikini pictures of a girl that looks younger than 16.

I honestly don't really mind photobooks. When Harunan's visual pb dropped it made sense to me since she always had this image of a fashion person around her, but I wouldn't have minded bikini photos - because Harunan was old enough and knew what she was doing. I enjoy Maria's gravure now that she is older. And Sayumi's Sayuminglandoll is iconic, despite being provocative.

I do, however, raise my eyebrow at this scenario.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#233 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 07:54 PM

I don't get it. If the girl is 16 and wants to do bikini shots, in Japan, her parents don't have a say in that?

#234 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:37 PM

She's very popular a photo book is important to do as an idol.

#235 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5686 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:57 PM

Probably in the contract there are provisions about image rights.

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#236 PeachCandy

PeachCandy

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 10:29 AM

Yamazaki Mei's First Photobook "Mei 16" Release Announcement Video

モーニング娘。'21山﨑愛生ファースト写真集「Mei16」発売決定!!

#237 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 05:47 PM

Regarding the consent of parents and the members: I think this passes, because there are H!P members who don't do any gravure PBs at all, just Visual Book (Maa-chan, Kassa).

Second, I guess it's because of her young look that makes some people uncomfortable when she's in a photoshoots involving swimsuit. However, after looking at the preview, she looks like a child messing around to me, nothing similar to Rio. When people look at Mei's PB, if they have the perspectives similar to when they look at Rikoriko's PB, that's when it will become dangerous.

Third, I think this time I may believe that the company doesn't talk Mei into doing gravure shots. The most recent awkward moment I know was when they talked Aarii into releasing 2 PBs before she was 18, and it was super uncomfortable for her. Sadly, when she becomes more comfortable to do gravure shots, she gets no invitation. J=J's ambassadors for gravure shots right now are Manakan and Reirei. Back to the main case, if after this PB, whenever you see Mei posing on magazines or 2nd PB in a way that's more uncomfortable than this PB, I assure it's no good for her. She doesn't have the "Sexy" image to me, no matter how she tries it, same with Yanamin, a former J=J member.

#238 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

We must take into consideration, in Japan it's normal for young teenagers to do this type of PB as long as they're idols or in the industry. I'm not sure what the consent age is, I want to say 13,but don't quote me on that so you don't need parents' consent. Once again I can be wrong. This could also be something that's included in the contract since it's something that is expected.

#239 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:19 AM

Mei managed to get an assist with Panda-san pose 2-shots from just about everyone in H!P that were absolutely adorable and everyone should see them when possible.

#240 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 11:21 PM

Don't think one can get more panda'd up than this.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users