#21 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

thanks for setting this up.

So, i set this my accout, tried to log in, but failed because of password error.

Even after triple checking, triple password-reset, selecting the easiest password of all time, making sure that caps/lock is off and after cookie deletion,

the server says my password does not match to the username.

Which is a bit ridiculous. Anyone else have this problem? Is a three-character-user name a problem?

Curiously, everytime i have deleted cookies or have changed the browser, the counter of failed login attempts is reset to 5.

Also, there is no "password has been changed successfully"-prompt after retyping the password.

I don't understand half of what you're saying but your account is registered and confirmed

So you should be able to login

In case of a forgotten or typoed password there's a forgot password link

Thanks to Matt and all the others involved at setting the new tracker up.

Want us to populate it with the old (H!O) content?

Btw, is "Anonymous" a user name, or are we able to post torrents on aidoru-online without using our profiles?

You can upload torrents under a fake name so that your account is not linked

And feel free to post old content

Call me the future Mr. Matsuura (after her inevitable divorce from Keita)
Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#22 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

There are qute a few pending memberships. Make sure that you also check your mailbox's spam folder for the validation email if it hasn't arrived!

Btw appx. 520 850 people have signed up after we went public :)

Ayaya3.jpg
The Matsuurian Forum The Matsuurian Archives The Matsuurian Twitter The rest of my stuff

#23 pastaman

pastaman

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

THX so much for the new tracker !!!! :-)

You are great !!

d7QCIMN.jpg

#24 OM617

OM617

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

You do know that torrenting releases and even TV shows is illegal and we're all breaking the law, don't you?

That didn't seem to be a factor for H!O for many many years.

Or for the dozen or so highly active torrent sites right now. KAT, TPB, etc.

Might I remind you that Haku shut down the H!O tracker because of this exact fear...

Fear is what has caused most political, racial and social problems in the USA right now. Trump is running his entire presidential bid on that platform.

Fear is a tool of terrorists. When we give into it, they win.

Think about all the YouTube videos that get taken down ALL. THE. TIME.

By Youtube's voluntary censorship.

The best way to avoid this entire fear is to not host any data on the site and work only with magnet links, keeping torrent files on a separate server.

#25 RukiAsRofi

RukiAsRofi

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

this is a private tracker or open tracker?

#26 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hi,

thanks for setting this up.

So, i set this my accout, tried to log in, but failed because of password error.

Even after triple checking, triple password-reset, selecting the easiest password of all time, making sure that caps/lock is off and after cookie deletion,

the server says my password does not match to the username.

Which is a bit ridiculous. Anyone else have this problem? Is a three-character-user name a problem?

Curiously, everytime i have deleted cookies or have changed the browser, the counter of failed login attempts is reset to 5.

Also, there is no "password has been changed successfully"-prompt after retyping the password.

I'm having the same exact issue. It's really frustrating. The site won't accept my correct password. And after I try to change the password with the email link, it takes me back to the "input your email to get a password reset code" screen, with no confirmation at all. That new one doesn't work either. :/

Posted Image

#27 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Wow!  This happened much faster than I expected.  Congratulations!

#28 lucky_mm_sg

lucky_mm_sg

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

Dear friends and idol lovers,

as promised a few weeks back we have been working on a new tracker especially dedicated to Japanese idols.
Now that the testing phase has been successful it is time to go public.

Due to some regretful circumstances we have not been able to integrate the old database after all.
It will be possible to do that at a later time but we do not know if or when that will happen.
But we feel that it is important to have a place solely for our little community and do not want to wait any longer.

I am sure you will find some bugs and have requests for improvements.
Feel free to give us your opinions in the forum on our site.
Just be patient about it as we all are normal people who have to work for a living and can't respond 24/7.

The (hopeful) arrival of hundreds of people will also put an untested stress on our site and server.
So bear with us in case of prolems resulting from this.
We are new to creating and running a tracker. But with everyone's help and enthusiasm we will be able to make this a success story!

We have tried to make the tracker feel as close to the old one as possible.
The most prominent new feature are freeleech torrents that count only towards you upload stats which will help users with slow connections.

We have also decided to make the site as camouflage as possible to the outside.
The main portal therefor is just a login site and the inside will not be approachable for search engines.

Now without further ado go ahead, register and feel at home at:
https://aidoru-online.org/

Thanks so much for the revival though not much torrents are in, will help to upload if possible. 
=====

Having no problem in registering, after the sign-up, verification mail comes fast appearing in my email, after verification, login has no problem. 

Agree that it's better to camouflage, lots of videos and subs pages has closed down permanently due to copyright issues even on FB and youtube.

Though seeders, uploaders or downloaders have gone to Nyaa, JPS but I believe most will still continue to do their best in Aidoru.

#29 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

That didn't seem to be a factor for H!O for many many years.

Or for the dozen or so highly active torrent sites right now. KAT, TPB, etc.

You didn't read my previous post properly...

And I guess TPB hasn't ever had any problems with the law? Right? It's definitely not a massive struggle for them to stay online.

Why does KAT and TPB have a bunch mirrored websites on servers all over the world? And TPB didn't make a movie about all their problems with the law either it seems...

Try again.

Fear is a tool of terrorists. When we give into it, they win.

So if we let the fear of legal punishment dictate our actions we let those terrorists, "The Japanese Copyright Police", win?
I guess you also like to smoke weed in front of the police station.

Your logic is sound.

By Youtube's voluntary censorship.

It has nothing to do with censorship. It is copyright infringement.

The best way to avoid this entire fear is to not host any data on the site and work only with magnet links, keeping torrent files on a separate server.

Aidoru-online is a torrent TRACKER, they don't host torrent files from other trackers. And every user has to download a unique torrent, that collects statistics about it's users to keep the torrents alive...

Regardless, hosting a .torrent file (which isn't hosting the actual copyrighted file) is already a problem... So removing yourself another step with a magnet link wouldn't make a difference anyway.

I'm not even going to bother replying to any more of your misinformed posts.

#30 Maetel

Maetel

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

I tried to use torrents with my seedbox but it doesn't work, the seedbox tells me it's an "invalid format", I tried many torrent and got the same problem, I tried torrents from another website like JPS or nyaa and it works. Is anybody else has the same issue ?

#31 yumake

yumake

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Wow!!! 
Thanks a lot for setting a new Tracker up!!!

#32 DaiShuryou

DaiShuryou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1293 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

I'm very happy with that new tracker + forum so far !

Posted Image

#33 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

Please report any bugs or feature requests to the forum on the site.

The comparison to PirateBay is funny. They were in deep legal shit and spent I don't know how much money on lawyers to keep themselves out of prison

You wanna pay the legal fees for us then? :)

Why does it matter to you?

Because you need to login ro see the tracker?

Because google can't monitor our site?

Anyhow this is our decision. Not mich sense to continue a discussion about it.

As for the password change thingie: Yes that seems to be a bug which we will work on.

Stay tuned

Ayaya3.jpg

#34 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

And we're over 1000 members now :)

Ayaya3.jpg

#35 meds

meds

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hope soon will be over 9000.

#36 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

@Matthecat: can we go lazy and use old H!O torrents to not waste time on generating new ones?

I've expected a bit more features :) Site feels a bit too much like H!O, as if a decade passed didn't count. Style is a bit off...

Anyway, I'm gonna try to not lose the track of new stuff this time... New tracker, new start. Such a nice time to bump the ratio with whatever is on the drive www

Posted Image

#37 meds

meds

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

As far as I know old files contain old announce URL (hello-online.org etc.). At least it should be replaced in binary editor or some other way by all participants.

#38 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

@goratnik

Given the fact that we had to start from scratch with no warning whatsoever we can be happy to have the tracker the way it is

Escpecially as all of us were new to the task of creating a tracker.

Otherwise we would have had to spend another one or two months before opening it to the public.

Once the tracker is running smoothly and all bugs have been ironed out I am sure we will integrate new features

And care for the visuals.

But right now a simple and working tracker is the one goal we are aiming at.

Let's take one step at a time

As long as we don't have the old database there is no way around new torrents I'm afraid

For those with problems with the password recovery please try again

The bug was fixed and I just tested it successfully

Ayaya3.jpg

#39 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

@Mattthecat: I meant using preserved .torrent files directly - one step less would be nice. Mostly a question of whether an existing file won't cause a problem with internal representation or something in case the import of old DB would be possible.

Rules state that it's possible to request a reseed within torrent - I have imagined something like on JPS, but can't find the button..?

Also "Report torrent" button at top seems premature, as there are no naming rules right now :) 

Posted Image

#40 Mattthecat

Mattthecat

• Headquarters
  • 3090 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:08 PM

You can upload an old HO torrent. Like on HO our announce URL will be inserted after the upload.

Hence a re-download of your own torrent is necessary

But creating a torrent file takes just a few sexonds

You're right about the "request reseed" button. That got lost somewhere. Will be corrected

There will be no naming rules (other than subject line being romanized).

You can use the report button for anything else. Plus requests for freeleech

Ayaya3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users