• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#241 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

I think its ridiculous honestly, they could do all that without changing the name. The concert proved they can in fact do it without techi, AND with multiple different centers, so this name change is really just a cop out from management. Keyaki was built with 21 members, 13 of them are still here, and they've gained 15 new talented idols to help them continue who have sparked the life and enthusiasm that we lost back in '17/'18. So this name change is honestly dumb lol.. 

On the bright side, I think most keyaki fans, while very hurt about the 're-brand', understand how the members have always felt pressured to 'fill in for techi' whenever she was absent, and would often try to imitate her aura when someone had to cover for her. I think a big reason as to why suzumon got so popular after centering Ambivalent was because she did it in her own style, and didn't try to imitate techi's version of the song. People say her own aura and liked it. I think this is also why Neru was so popular too. I do wish that the rest of the members didn't feel so much pressure to act a certain way. 

So, while i'm completely against the name change, I think this will be good for the remaining members, they can finally rid themselves of this unnecessary pressure to carry the same aura as techi had in keyaki, and start to spread their wings as individual idols, rather than always doing things "for the sake of the group". I'm truly excited to see what they have in store for us. I would be happy to see similar dark songs like Mou Mori and Hiraishin, alongside some really softer songs like Futari Saison and Kimi ga Inai again. Having that nice mix would be good. The concert (along with tokyo dome last year) showed how creative and artistic the group is, so i would love it if they made that their new image. 

you can watch their concert here: https://drive.google...5JvFi4peeK/view

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#242 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:00 AM

I wonder if they’ll change the name back to what it was originally supposed to be, Toriizaka46.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#243 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 663 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

^ it's rumored to be a new name - Sakurazaka46. Sony registered the web domain earlier this year alongside Hinatazaka's. The new color on the concert logo is also a dead giveaway, as theorized by some.

Seems like they're going to be a brighter group this time. Group members may not change, but the overall direction and music can if the management decides. It's probably the same when s/mileage changed to ANGERME. They basically went from cutesy to mature-fashionable

Untitled-1.jpg

#244 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:18 AM

if they drop the edgy concept they lose everything that made them unique among popular idols tbh (not counting alt idol groups bc that's a whole other scene). also i can't really see the keyaki girls doing cute concepts like hinata, it just doesn't fit them lmao. they've been doing the moody teen angst concept for like 4 years, not only would it be weird seeing them suddenly switch to a cute concept after the past 8 singles but most of the members are early adults at this point, it'd just feel like a regression. i can only see it working if they market the group as something entirely new rather than just keyakizaka 2.0 and push 2ki to the front. and i mean i can see them making sakurazaka work with their edgy concept, maybe with something like a visually cute concept and dark song (either lyrically, sonically, or both)? there's a lot they could do with it besides full on cute but idk it's just hard to imagine anything besides what keyaki's already been doing since it's their whole brand.

but anyway, if i haven't made it obvious enough i really hope they stick to their current concept after the rebrand. i can understand them wanting to start fresh but this is just a massive cop-out, not to mention incredibly insulting to the group because it's clear that the management had no faith in them to pull off their concept like techi did. and it's frustrating because the concert obviously shows that they CAN do it without techi! i haven't seen much of it but yuipon is a fantastic center, and yamasaki ten has the same intensity and presence as techi did in performances. as much as i love techi the group's always been ready to perform without her, and even though they can pull off the concept just as well their management doesn't seem to care. and it's frustrating for both the group and the fans.

(lol i didn't expect to write like 2 paragraphs about this, i'm not even that angry about the whole thing. i kinda expected it to happen bc of the radio silence but honestly it's more disappointing than anything. i just hope keyaki can come out of it just as strong as when they were at their peak)

#245 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:04 PM

^
^The sakurazaka46 domain was registered last year, along with hinatazaka. it was rumored to be a new group for the sakamichi kks, but they ultimately decided to split them up into Nogi's 4th gen, Keyaki's 2.5 gen, and Hinata's 3rd gen. I highly doubt they even considered keyaki's re-brand early last year. Especially since Techi and Neru were still in the group.

Whether they're considering it for the re-brand now however, is yet to be seen... 

^ Yuuka said they're not going to change keyaki's core concept, so the cool image stays lol 

live show on yt (let me know if the link breaks)

#246 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:12 AM

Even if it was meant for the KKS team, if it’s still available under their domain, I wonder if they’ll opt to use Sakurazaka46 instead. But if they’re sticking with the cool concept, I don’t really know if that name fits the bill.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#247 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:59 PM

Quick Update! 

Keyaki Republic 2019 has been released for DVD and BluRay so please support them! Here's the digest :)

Documentary of Keyaki Republic 2019 has been subbed and available to stream on KEYAVIDS! 

http://keyavids.com/...19-english-sub/

Keyakizaka46 The Last live will be held on two days, 12th and 13th of October, in front of an audience of 5,000 (each day, social distancing measures in place) 

Todays Performance of Dare Kane! (Nijika absent)

And other one since it wasnt posted here (Matsudaira absent)

Dare Kane has now been released digitally on JP iTunes! I'm not sure when it will be uploaded to Spotify but i'll keep you guys updated.

Lastly, It's Keyakizaka46's 5th anniversary!! 

EdD3JTLUwAAs1wn.jpg?fit=730%2C486&ssl=1

So much has changed since the start of their journey up the slope, but it seems like they've finally finished climbing and reached the top... 

What comes up must come down, but thankfully with the re-brand, we have another chance to see the girls grow and climb a new slope together! 

This anniversary is a little bittersweet, but it hold so much meaning to me, I'm glad we spent 5 years as Keyakizaka. 

I look forward to seeing a new side to the group! 

Happy Anniversary Keyaki! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

#248 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:59 PM

aahhhh happy anniversary keyaki!!!! <3 things are really uneasy for the group rn but i can't wait to see them come back even stronger with their redebut~

#249 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

Keyakizaka46 will release their first and last best of album on October 7th, 2020

It will have all 44 songs (minus hiragana songs and the unreleased 10gatsu and saijin), and 193 minutes of unseen footage. 

82AlVLAl.png

Dare Kane is officially released on spotify so international fans can also stream and support the group! 

https://open.spotify...bSv6IbQYozMG77Q

The single made it to #1 on oricon digital singles chart, beating out BTS's Dynamite with almost double the downloads! 

#250 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

oooh that's awesome! good they're getting some sort of sendoff

#251 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:25 PM

Keyaki's youtube uploaded a HD version of dare kane! 

The left the extended ending, and you can see Ten and Yuuka crying :/ 

Interestingly enough they edited out the parts showing Shiori, Fuyuka, Rikoppi and Karin crying but added in Ten and Yuuka crying at the end for emotional effect lol 

#252 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:25 PM

ahhh this hurts to watch :( it's an amazing performance tho, i'm really interested to see how they'll change after the rebrand

#253 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:41 AM

Best Album title: Eien Yori Nagai Isshun ~Anogoro, Tashika ni Sonzai Shita Watashitachi~ (A moment longer than eternity ~ We who certainly existed at the time~)

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#254 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:32 AM

just read the info about it, really hyped!! the covers are nice and i'm glad there's 5 new songs. sucks that nijika isn't on a few songs and hikari's only on one but oh well

#255 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:27 PM

I've got some good news and some bad news so I'll get the first part out of the way.......

Ishimori Nijika was caught in a dating scandal revealed by bunshun. Since last year, she has been/was dating a guy known to be a popular host from Kabukicho (a red light district, basically 18+ adult activities lol), who eventually cheated on her with someone else. Ishimori decided to hand in her resignation/graduation from the group, however management was prepared to protect her from the scandal. It's unclear if they're actually gonna grad her though but since it's been absent for a while it seems like it will go the same route as Oda Nana's scandal.. You can read a more explained TLDR from toomuchidea on twitter - https://twitter.com/...616170418216962

At the very least, I hope they let her graduate with the keyaki name during the last live.

Speaking of the last live, time for the good news! 

It seems like they decided on a new name (and released it today instead of the last live in an obvious attempt to cover up this scandal lol), and it's Sakurazaka46! 

lmao. They really didn't try too hard with this one did they? It seems all too convenient. The bright side for me is; 

- The kanji is similar looking to keyaki's. Keyakizaka46 - 欅坂46 and Sakurazaka46 - 櫻坂46

- The group's logo is a white triangle with a pink border, over a purple (nogi) triangle. 

- The groups color is WHITE not PINK. Meant to be a showing of a restart, new page etc 

- The road Sakurazaka is right next to Keyakizaka, and takes a different path but parallels keyaki's going in the same direction. It also follows Hinatazaka lol so i guess it works out fine! 

- The group's image will change (the cold, cool, yet kinda depressing image) into a brighter more optimistic one, but the style of songs will remain the same, which is fine, keyaki's always had a range of both cool, emo, depressing and cute, bubbly, idol songs so i'm happy about this. 

The name will commence the day after the final last live concert (October 14).

Oh also, The last live has been changed to a online live due to the popular reception of the previous last live (before the name change announcement obvs lol), and also because the covid situation in japan hasn't exactly gotten any better since the last live... i think it's gotten worse lol. Like the previous one, fans can purchase tickets to see the last live performances on October 12 and 13. There will be two different set lists for each day. 

On october 14, i'll change the name of this thread to Sakurazaka46 (Formerly Keyakizaka46) so people aren't confused. 

#256 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:40 PM

i heard abt this but i was waiting for ur update LOL

aaaanyway. as a nijipon oshi i am Very Sad about this but welp. i really hope she doesn't graduate but she probably will so i gotta mentally prepare myself for that. hopefully she can at least grad at their last live but i doubt it.

as for sakurazaka, ngl i kinda hate the name!!!! it's hella basic and keyaki and even toriizaka were way better. but oh well, i just hope they keep the emo image. considering the reports of them becoming more elegant and glamorous though.... i'm not very excited lol. idk if i'll keep following them if they switch concepts cuz i got into them for the emo crap but i love the girls so i might?? idk. i gotta decide

#257 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:40 AM

^Won't they be another Nogi if they copy that 'elegant/glamorous' concept? I usually associate those words with them.

Wish they keep the edgy concept but make it more Sakurazaka-esque (their own brand, not music you'd associate with the old Keyaki songs), but if they did that from the get-go they'd probably waste all this rebranding opportunity

Untitled-1.jpg

#258 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

idk, it's what i've been hearing but i'm hoping they don't just do nogi's concept but fancier. if they're gonna be more elegant i hope it's still angsty somehow lol

#259 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

The 'elegant/glamorous' concept came from a reporters words guessing what he thought their new concept would be based on their same 'sakura' being seeing as a elegant, beautiful image. Seed and Flower didn't actually say it themselves, so that's just up for speculation.. A more informative post translating the article it came from is here by conjyak on stage48 - http://stage48.net/f...01#post-1686084but i'll quote it here for ease of access; 

Note that Baal made sure to say that refined (上品) and glamorous (華やか) are the reporter's impressions, not words given out by management. In the article, you can see that these words aren't in quotes either, while the descriptions for the other groups are (so that probably means the descriptions for the other groups are excerpted from management's own words). The "flower language" words for sakura are also in quotes, but that's probably just because the reporter looked those up somewhere. (In other words, if there are words not in quotes, those are from the reporter.)

>乃木坂46には「清楚で控えめ」、日向坂46には「見る者を幸せにする明るいハッピーオーラ」など、それぞれの特長が色付けされる。桜の花言葉は「優美な女性」「精神の美」「優れた教育」などがある。桜の色というとピンクを想像しがちだが、実際は白。櫻坂46は、かわいらしいポップなアイドルというよりは、上品で華やかなグループとなっていきそうだ。
>As Nogizaka46 has "neat/clean and reserved," Hinatazaka46 has "a happy aura that makes happy those who watch them," each has characteristics added to them. The flower language of cherry blossoms has "graceful woman," "beauty of mind," "excellent education," etc. One tends to imagine pink as the color of cherry blossoms, but it will actually be white. Rather than cute/sweet and pop idols, it looks like they will become a 上品 (refined/elegant) and 華やか (brilliant, flowery, glamorous) group.

Note that when the reporter says ポップ (pop), what's meant is something like bright and colorful, rather than meaning pop as in pop music (I think this usage of ポップ comes from the meaning of pop in pop art). Google image search ポップな (pop as an adjective) and you'll see what I mean.

To me, it looks like the reporter is just trying to guess the image of Sakurazaka by just using the flower language of cherry blossoms. So unless you think the flower language of cherry blossoms is the most important clue here, I wouldn't put too much on this.

71ddabfbb8250c39d5112b180117afeb.jpg

Members left to right 

Tamura Hono - Morita Hikaru - Moriya Akane - Sugai Yuuka - Watanabe Risa - Kobayashi Yui - Habu Mizuho - Seki Yumiko

AEON Card that has been working with keyaki for years has said they will continue to work with them as Sakurazaka46, so they'll be ceasing production of the ''keyaki card' and opening the 'sakura' card after the last live! More info here - https://www.aeon.co.jp/app/error/and here https://twitter.com/AEONCARD_KEYAKI/status/1307816815205126145

#260 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:51 AM

https://www.keyakiza...s/detail/O00214

nijipon announced immediate graduation......... she won't even be at the last live :'( so sad about this, i knew it was coming but i was at least hoping she'd get to perform at the final live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users