• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

#61 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Don't worry Ady, I'm 46 years old and 15 years old than my oshi Yaguchi. :ph34r:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#62 JoshuaJSlone

JoshuaJSlone

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

Goodness gracious, and I thought being 28 years old and just starting into this idol-obsession thing is something I need to do inside the closet. I've privately admitted to myself I'm going to put all of this into passive mode by the time I'm 30. :D

It may be harder to pull off in reality, but at least we can be openly old idol fans in places like this. It was right around my 30th birthday I got hooked. I remember thinking "I bet I could get really into this... is that something I want to do? Well, what the hell."

What I understood is that the new members were choosen by the current members. If Kana have already gotten to know Aikawa, my guest is that Kana must have voted or nominated Aikawa as a new member. The fact that Aikawa was choosen shows that Kana is not the only one who wants Aikawa in :)

I'm a bit fuzzy on just how much input first gen had, but it doesn't seem second gen would've had much chance--they only knew about all this a little before we did, and seemed curious about who would be joining them in early blog posts. Not finalizing who to invite into the group until less than two weeks before a set announcement date seems like it would be asking for trouble.

#63 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

^
She has the same birthday as me which is 26 March (can someone change the first page profile that got her birthday wrong?)
I am exactly 23 years older than her .. XD

OT:

Goodness gracious, and I thought being 28 years old and just starting into this idol-obsession thing is something I need to do inside the closet. I've privately admitted to myself I'm going to put all of this into passive mode by the time I'm 30. :D

lol .. i started when I was 31 years .. lol
When I go Japan and look at some of the fans .. I feel like a kid ..
but .. I am oldest idol fan I know in my country ..lol
I used to have a rule of not following idols who are born from year 2000 onwards .. but I scrap that rule in 2013 when I realise that a lot of idols are born year 2000 onwards ..so I got to scrap it if i am to go on with idols .. :P

But .. yes .. worry you must ..
My Kami Oshimen .. meaning no.1 idol of all idols .. is Ando Sakura of Tsuribit ..who is born on 23 Mar 2001 .. which makes me close to 25 years older than her :P

What I understood is that the new members were choosen by the current members. If Kana have already gotten to know Aikawa, my guest is that Kana must have voted or nominated Aikawa as a new member. The fact that Aikawa was choosen shows that Kana is not the only one who wants Aikawa in :)

I'm a bit fuzzy on just how much input first gen had, but it doesn't seem second gen would've had much chance--they only knew about all this a little before we did, and seemed curious about who would be joining them in early blog posts. Not finalizing who to invite into the group until less than two weeks before a set announcement date seems like it would be asking for trouble.

honestly .. going by common sense .. I think we can more that figure that their input is at most a discussion or suggestion ..
lets face it .. S/mileage members ain't like the 10 years service MM senior kind .. and even a 10 years service MM senior kind probably had no say ..
but this belong to something that is not important .. we may or we may not find out the truth in the future .. and by the time we find out .. it probably don't matter ..

but within the group .. I think they should have discussion about it as H!P groups are known to do serious discussion about the group...
even if there is a gen difference ..I think the 1st and 2nd gen had been together long enough and went through a lot together ..
furthermore .. by H!P rules .. the next gen will usually be mentor by the previous gen .. so I think 2nd gen should be well involve in this ..

#64 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

I agree. It sounds nice and everything but Ayaka and Fukuda probably didn't have much say in the matter, if any at all.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#65 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Don't worry Ady, I'm 46 years old and 15 years old than my oshi Yaguchi. :ph34r:

It may be harder to pull off in reality, but at least we can be openly old idol fans in places like this. It was right around my 30th birthday I got hooked. I remember thinking "I bet I could get really into this... is that something I want to do? Well, what the hell."

OT:

lol .. i started when I was 31 years .. lol
When I go Japan and look at some of the fans .. I feel like a kid ..
but .. I am oldest idol fan I know in my country ..lol
I used to have a rule of not following idols who are born from year 2000 onwards .. but I scrap that rule in 2013 when I realise that a lot of idols are born year 2000 onwards ..so I got to scrap it if i am to go on with idols .. :P

But .. yes .. worry you must ..
My Kami Oshimen .. meaning no.1 idol of all idols .. is Ando Sakura of Tsuribit ..who is born on 23 Mar 2001 .. which makes me close to 25 years older than her :P

Goodness guys, I'm quite amazed how you can keep this kind of fawning over idols younger than yours but more amazed if people would suddenly remark and find it ridiculous that you spend time, money and energies talking about idols so far away and so young for you not to mention those with suggestive thoughts hovering above them, especially you Satur, since basically you're almost the same age as Tsunku himself. I still wonder how you keep up with these things, do you openly display the photobooks, the CDs and the goods...

I honestly told myself if I'm going to fawn and support one idol It would really be Sasaki because of the mother and that "shallow" national bloodline pride in me and probably make my presence passively in the threads. I also told myself "oh it''s a good way to study Japanese with these idols you know" but watching H!P programs in the rail transit with people all huddled together makes me uneasy that's why I'm watching Hello Station whenever I can, on the sly.

I can agree though that H!P is a guilty pleasure of some sorts. But still it made me learn Japanese :D

#66 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

^ .. ya .. anyway .. I tried and failed .. i don't think i will ever learn Japanese .. language is my weakest and I think my age makes it harder .. :P

To keep this interest .. i got to follow ..
I am aging everyday .. but the idols will just keep getting younger as new ones will replace old ones ..
Basically .. I was into Jpop earlier but I leave it and came back again in 2007 because of C-ute and Airi ..
I was into SPEED and 3 member DREAM .. but you really can't expect me to just keep looking at old content and just go on about the good old days ..
basically .. i just love this overall idol thing .. the song and dance .. and all the "lovely" stuff they do .. :P
My 1st MM oshimen was Kohahu .. and even though she is still a media person as a model .. I can't follow as I still need the new musical content from them ..but her peach john shot was fantastic .. XD
My point is I am not going to be a old timer stuck on old content .. I like to be up-to-date with idols .. so my oshimens is going to have a bigger and bigger age gap ..

For me.. as a older person .. I just take it as a hobby .. and always all hobbies look like a waste of money ..
If i don't spend it on idols .. I am going to spend on something else like games, movies and etc ..
Its just a general spending on an interest that makes you happy and reducing stress of live .. :P

in my country .. Kpop rules ..
I always find it strange but its ok to have sexual thoughts and talk about it openly for the Korean ladies as they are older but its not ok to just adore a young Japanese girl with very little or no sexual reference ..
Guess its just hard wired into people's mind that when you support a girl group .. you must have sexual fantasies on them ..
Yes .. there are some suggestive thoughts .. but its just a slight factor .. but the main factors that attract me is .. they cuteness, the song and dance, the drama and the hard work they put in ..

In all .. I make sure that I do not put much content on my idol interest on my facebook .. but its all in my G+ which basically started because of AKB48 which I use mainly for my idol fandom ..
That's how I separate fandom and the "real" me .. :P

#67 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

^^ Well, if it what makes you happy makes you happy without hurting someone else continue on :) But I'll place a cap on these things. I'm just making a remark on supporting my preferred idol because I still can. :D Right now I'm just trying to mellow down on these things and probably use it as a vehicle to learn Japanese in my past time before moving on to heavier stuff like literature.

If it's okay for female fandom to fawn over both guy and girl groups it's ok too for guys to fawn over idols twice as young as they are.

#68 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

^ for me .. i always been able to draw the line between the fan boy me and the real world me ..
like when i go Japan with my wife which i have done at least once a year for 7 years now ..
Its 30% idols at most and 70% family holiday .. this idol interest is not suppose to consume me .. but its an interest to make me better when i go into back into the real world ..

ps. My wife who is not a fan has gone to TGS, UUG, Berryz, Berryz+C-ute, S/mileage, MM concerts and a C-ute musical .. and also AKB48 tokyo dome and S/mileage Bodokan .. LOL
so there is no conflict with my wife but of course .. i can tell she is kind of annoyed when I bought many multiple singles to vote in AKB48 senbatsu election..or I bought too many concert goods ..
but she only hates it when i play world of warcraft .. XD ..

#69 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Goodness guys, I'm quite amazed how you can keep this kind of fawning over idols younger than yours but more amazed if people would suddenly remark and find it ridiculous that you spend time, money and energies talking about idols so far away and so young for you not to mention those with suggestive thoughts hovering above them, especially you Satur, since basically you're almost the same age as Tsunku himself. I still wonder how you keep up with these things, do you openly display the photobooks, the CDs and the goods... (This is from Ady001, I delete the Quote marks, sorry) :c03:

Not only that, I have a blog (In Spanish, of course, "Yaguchi y yo", Yaguchi and me) but at least the blog is about the first times of Hello Project ^_^

And there are idols well growed up (for me, once idols, always idols) like my Yaguchi (31) or Yuko Nakazawa (41). Even the youngest are admirable because are well mannered and well dressed if you compare them with same age occidental girls. I'm only a man, if a girl like Erina or Sayuki look at me with that incredible eyes I give to her the keys of my house, the keys of my car (if I would have one), my credit card (no money but anyway) and all she ask me. :c18:

Believe it or not, I received more laughs because is Jpop than because the age of the girls. No matter, if I'm feeling down i can hear Ai Araba It's All Right or see a Hello! Morning Theater video and I fell better. :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#70 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

LOL .. we are idol fans .. or wota .. and I don't expect social acceptance ..
lets face it .. back in the days of rock music .. those people ain't accepted too ..
Guess you cannot get acceptance if you are a fan of something that is not common in your society ..

Anyway .. I've been to a concert in Japan and saw an old man that is old enough to be even my grandfather with his glowstick and towel ready for a great time .. so its no big deal in Japan I guess.. XD

anyway Satur has shown the difference in fandom .. he can hold on to the past but I cannot .. as I am those type who learn to let them go and take care of the new generation .. well .. someone got to support the new .. you know .. :P

#71 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

You guys are a lot older than me then, that's for sure XD 

I'm Eripon's age  :arrow:

It's good for Aikawa to have many older fans, that means more people will be able to buy more of her merch which means they'll put more promotional effort into her (and not just Sasaki and 1st gen) XD

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#72 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

LOL ... I hope we get more info on her ..
So we can talk more about her .. lol
we practically clock 1 page not talking about her but about other stuff ..

Anyway .. from the latest video ..
I find her so cool .. she don't have much of a big reaction but just that "are you kidding" disbelief look .. lol XD
but there are tears .. I missed it from my initial view of the video .. but I don't think she is a cry baby .. lol

overall .. i am still not sure about her singing and dancing obviously ..
but i am still not sure about her characteristic .. maybe being normal is her characteristic ..
but I do find her really comfortable for variety ..
but she must be something to debut within such a short time in KSS ..
In all .. this is how she look now as just a KSS .. when they are done with her .. we definitely get a outstanding beauty ..
maybe i would start saving for her PB now .. :P

#73 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

4562055c.gif

3bbf5406-s.jpg

1986b255-s.jpg

44a3fe43-s.jpg

a83748b9-s.jpg

She likes to bite her tongue when she talks.

#74 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

I had one of those 'she looks like' moments just now. I don't normally see other people in pictures of these girls, except maybe Sakura looking like Mai a couple of times.

But the picture of her biting her tongue just kind of reminded me of Mirei from Ebichu. None of the others reminded me of anyone else though.

#75 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

^ Okay, call me crazy, but do you not hear Ebichu's Kaho when she talks? Right now I'm reading her as a mixture of Kaho and Kananan, which is strange for me. 

DDOhydd.gif

#76 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:55 AM

She has got that deepish voice yeah, but H!S was the only time I've heard her talk. I'll have to go back and listen again.

^ [edit] I get what you mean, I kind of hear it too. 

#77 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

This video was the first time I actually saw and heared her. I feel in love instantly. Good choice. ^^; Both personality and looks reminds me on someone but I can't quite put yet who it is.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#78 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

She's got a slight lisp when she's talking :) ... makes her much younger than her looks :D ... I'm grateful for this week's H!Sute, we got to know her a little better  ^_^

6DYNteh.png

#79 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

She's really cute.
I have a feeling she will be my favorite 3rd gen XD

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

#80 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

^

Same. I already liked Rikako and Murotan but Rikako's reaction to the announcement made her seem a bit too goofy for my taste so Murotan is easily ahead of her. But Maho is really adorable in a way and I don't really know anything yet...so chances are she might even surpass Murotan as my current 3rd gen favorite. Who could have thought Rikako could be my "least favorite" of a generation.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users