• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Prettty much confirmed.  They showed the pv at the team B performance today to the fans.  Ori-Team 4 centers  :itadakimasu:

h_obanner.jpg

#82 lynx212

lynx212

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Full song from iTunes

https://mega.co.nz/#...sbhGWN0ynRFwZU0

#83 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Full MV Senbatsu

http://www.dailymoti...vujn_yuko_music

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#84 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Kinda feeling 'meh' on the PV. :S

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#85 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

The PV is 100% meh to me, not even a "kinda". It's filmed in low light, there's virtually no colors in the PV except for the outfits, but due to the lighting, they appear dull and flat. This to me is a PV that I don't even care to watch any more than the first time I saw it.

Would be nice if they stopped doing these kind of poor PV's and instead got more creative.

#86 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Their PVs have been terrible recently. I remember watching through the Suzukake PVs and wondering where the quality went.

They should get Mr. Kahn back. At least he does interesting PVs.

#87 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

How I feel about their PV's, in short:

Mae Shika Mukanee: Bad
Suzukake: Boring
Heart Ereki: Bad
KFC: Very good
Sayonara Crawl: Good (but so many girls in each segment it's impossible to rest your eyes anywhere)
So long!: Bad
Eien Pressure: Good
UZA: Very good
Gingham Check: Good (it could be argued that it's bad, but at least stuff is happening in it)
Manatsu no Sounds good!: Very good
GIVE ME FIVE!: Boring
Ue Kara Mariko: Good
Kaze wa Fuiteiru: Good
Flying Get: Boring
Everyday, Kachuusha: Good
Sakura no ki ni Narou: Very good
Chance no Junban: Bad
Beginner: Very good
Heavy Rotation: Very good
Ponytail to Shushu: Very good
Sakura no Shiori: Very good
RIVER: Very good
Iiwake Maybe: Very good
Namida Surprise: Good
10nen Zakura: Good
Oogoe Diamond: Very good
Baby! Baby! Baby!: Boring
Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008: Good
Romance, Irane: Bad
Yuuhi wo mite iru ka?: Good
Boku no taiyo: Boring
BINGO!: Good
Keibetsu shite ita aijou: Very good
Seifuku ga jama wo suru: Good
Aitakatta: Good
Skirt, Hirari: Good
Sakura no Hanabiratachi: Good

Of course they also have a long list of c/w track PV's and other stuff, of which there's many good PV's but also various poor PV's. What concerns me is that recently it seems they've opted for the safe solution, instead of being creative, and this is a pity.

#88 True_Beginner

True_Beginner

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

The video is pretty underwhelming, I'm not going to lie. Doesn't capture the song at all...

Kinda feel bad for Yuko having such a plain PV, and the single feels a bit too straight forward from a production standpoint.

Still haven't heard the coupling songs yet though.

#89 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I feel like the set looks like they're playing at an abandoned or destroyed AKB theater (which is why the setting looks so budget) and the girls are trying to cheer the fans up? 

Maybe the full PV (the 30 minute one that's apparently coming out) will explain it more.. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#90 True_Beginner

True_Beginner

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

That would put a lot of context into the video, sounds pretty interesting. I suppose the concept would represent Yuko being a large part of AKB's past, and give a sort of celebration to her legacy in the group. 

I didn't even know there was going to be a 30 minute version, so this will help a lot with what the video is trying to do.

#91 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

Didn't watch the PV yet only saw clips of it on either Ariyoshi or AKBingo, definitely underwhelmed by it. If they were like most other singles by every other artist, where there is only a PV of the A-side and a making I don't think I would buy this single.  

#92 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

I think the PV is fantastic! AKB doesn't need all the bells and whistles to be good. We've been spoiled by flashy PV's, so it's refreshing to be back-to-basics. The candy-wrapper outfits are cute too! I'm sure Yuko isn't bothered by having a fun, upbeat,warm send-off without all the smoke and mirrors.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#93 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Ouch... this is something I would expect from an indie idol group.  It's a really lackluster send-off for Yuko, which is a shame, because she's one of the most animated idols out there.  Hopefully it will redeem itself with the full version.

On another note, is there any information on the Hillary bonus video that comes with Type B?

Posted Image

#94 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

Side B songs (radio rip):

KONJO -Talking Chimpanzees
https://soundcloud.c...8/ann_140214_kj

Himitsu no Diary - Baby Elephants
http://www.mixcloud....mitsu-no-diary/

Kinou Yori Motto Suki- Smiling Lions
http://www.mixcloud....ori-motto-suki/

Kimi no Uso wo Shitteita - Beauty Giraffes
http://www.mixcloud....o-wo-shitteita/

(thanks to the original uploader)
-----------

Oshima Yuko Thanksgiving event lottery ticket (for handshake event) will be inside the Limited edition.
http://ameblo.jp/aki...1766952560.html

>

#95 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Reactions:

Konjo: The instrumental is FLAWLESS. I love the feel of the song itself. I feel like I'll get bored of this one quickly, though... the chorus is catchy, at least.

Himitsu no Diary: This one is cute. It has the same feeling as NMB's song from Suzukake Nanchara. It's chill and dreamy..but altogether forgettable.

Kinou Yori Motto Suki: Typical AKB-song. Totally forgettable, with a rock-ish vibe. 

Kimi no uso wo Shitteita: Of course, this one WOULD be my favorite, thanks to the Team K dominance. I'm excited to actually see Mariya and Tomu in a music video for once, considering they're usually just specks (besides Kondo Koso Ecstasy). 

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#96 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Yukirin hanging in the back row is nothing new, it's been happening even before the new gen push. I feel the same way about her as I do Tomochin that she shines much brighter solo so I tend not to care much about her treatment in AKB singles. 

Oh crap the Yuko solo cover is on the only version I'm interested in. Was hoping to at least have one of my favorite senbatsu members on that cover. Well, all the covers are pretty hideous regardless of the member distribution... this single is really just a mess in general so far. Really counting on the B-sides this time. 

I agree I guess it's because she's always been a very strong member in terms of camera presence in MVs when I've watched them. It just seems that lately she seems a little held back? It may be because she's been given a little push back or she's lacked in energy but I hope she isn't feeling less energetic in PVs.

In terms of the song itself I like it :) It sounds generic like KFC but I love it! Lately I've been listening to a lot of less generic idol music so it's always nice to go back to this sound once in a while :) AKB48 have been releasing this kind of sound for a while now so I hope they release a cool single again like UZA, that has to be one of my all time favourite AKB48 singles. The PV is simple and a bit downgraded in terms of it being an AKB48 video but I think the simplicity was lovely, they may add a narrative in the 30 minute version :)

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#97 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Well I've seen all the PVs now. A-side PV is okay but I definitely expected something better for Yuko's last single. Oh well. It wasn't like it was absolutely awful and I suppose after Heavy Rotation and Gingham Check's PVs and Yuko's captivating performance in the Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou PV plus all her prominent screen time in other PVs for us to look back on and enjoy they decided to stop spoiling us with awesomeness in regards to her. A double edged move given they shouldn't be billing Yuko's departure as the end of AKB but that as her last it should be spectacular (as expected when Yuko is at the center position). As for the B-sides...the only PV I liked was Kimi no Uso wo Shiteita. I will refrain from saying anything about the other ones b/c I honestly have nothing nice to say about them. Absolutely nothing.

Verdicts:

Mae Shika Mukanee - Song: 9/10 PV: 7/10
Kinou Yori Motto Suki - Song: 7/10 PV: 5/10
Kimi no Uso wo Shiteita - Song: 8/10 PV: 9/10
Himitsu no Diary - Song: 7/10 PV: 5/10
KONJO - Song: 10/10 PV: 5/10

So that is to say favorite song is KONJO but favorite PV is Kimi no Uso wo Shiteita.

#98 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Baby Elephants - Himitsu no Diary PV

http://v.youku.com/v...c2NDY0NDY4.html

Talking Chimpanzees - KONJO PV

http://v.youku.com/v...c2NDYwMjk2.html

Beauty Giraffes - Kimi no Uso wo Shiteita PV

http://v.youku.com/v...c2NDU3OTg4.html

Smiling Lions - Kino yori Motto Suki PV

http://v.youku.com/v...c2NDM0NzQ4.html

It is weird how the b-sides turned out. They got a really nice concept going and brings these girls together, girls that have similar traits. BUT... gives them random songs and random PVs out of the blue without capitalizing on the potential of each group. 

The two most obvious:

-Beauty Giraffes. A fashion themed PV would make so much sense, maybe predictable, but so much sense. Why not a runway show with backstage drama. 

-Talking Chimpanzees. Comedy... Craziness... Fun... Hello. Instead they bring something that should be heavily focused on the choregraphy but decides to mostly ignore that in the PV. 

Out of these songs... I think that two songs got the potential to survive more than one concert performance. Kino yori Motto Suki is a really happy tune and will be entertaining to watch live. KONJO got everything set up for a great concert performance.

...becuse I like these two :D

#99 tomi

tomi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

better quality  -  alternative :

Himitsu no Diary (Baby Elephants)

Kinou Yori Motto Suki (Smiling Lions / Undergirls)

AKB48 Kimi no Uso wo Shitteta (Beauty Giraffes)

KONJO (Talking Chimpanzees)

g0apePi.jpg

#100 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

Kimi no Uso wo Shitteita was great.  They should make the drama on this one...Yagi makes a cool/beautiful center and Nao is super cool as well.  I guess it was sad seeing yagi and (akicha?) dying or something...but I actually laughed at the end when the stroller went into the street for some reason.  Then I lost it when Rena got owned by the car.  XD 

Konjo is pretty cool, has this retro sound to it.  I always like these types of "K" songs so yeah.  The pv was nice, the only part I'm not sure about is the dancing.  Other than that pv was pretty good.  The flips were pretty funny lol.  :good: .

Kino yori Motto Suki is super normal.  I don't have any strong feelings about it.  Definitely doesn't stick out to me when compared to past UG songs.  The pv was nice but not a whole lot there.

Himitsu no Diary...hmmm.  Juri is cute?  That's about all I can say about this one.  It was kinda creepy, slow, but cute.  

I'll give them a few more plays ~

h_obanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users