• Please log in to reply
3054 replies to this topic

#2801 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

Super cute!  They could combine her with two members of Juice=Juice and make a new Buono!

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#2802 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Please make new Buono with Rikako in it..
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2803 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

While Buono is nice and all it wouldn't make much sense to just make another unit like them, especially now that they've been revived. It wouldn't fully "exploit" Rikako's taste either. They could potentially try the approach of an actual idol + metal fusion (I'm going to avoid any comparisons to other units who do that, for obvious reasons) and some of the songs H!P released in the past months show they can potentially write metal-ish songs if they want to. It's just that H!P is probably not wanting to invest in such a project or take any risks for that matter given their track record of being monotone. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2804 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:08 AM

While Buono is nice and all it wouldn't make much sense to just make another unit like them, especially now that they've been revived. It wouldn't fully "exploit" Rikako's taste either. They could potentially try the approach of an actual idol + metal fusion (I'm going to avoid any comparisons to other units who do that, for obvious reasons) and some of the songs H!P released in the past months show they can potentially write metal-ish songs if they want to. It's just that H!P is probably not wanting to invest in such a project or take any risks for that matter given their track record of being monotone. 

Thing is unlike most metal idol singers, Rikako is legitimately into metal (she's into the classics which is mostly heavy metal with little to no growls but still) so she would be good in a metal unit or something but like you said H!P for some reason doesn't like going out of their way or taking the initiative. 

The idols they choose are always great and they have many girls who can crossover to other media (Rikako for example) but they really aren't doing anything.

When Rikako quit SCK Girls and joined KSS, I was happy but I really wish she joined one of the 48s instead because she deserved better. She could've had one heck of a push too because of the buzz she got and her talent in dancing. I know Aki-P would've pushed her to the moon.

#2805 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

@LoveRice, unless Rikako learns how to strum an instrument and be like Lovendor or Buono or have stonger vocals like the girls at Babymetal/Ladybaby/Zekkyo Suru-60 Do, I'm afraid she'll just be a metal enthusiast rather than being one. And musical tastes change as one ages.

The good thing about Rikako crossing over to other media is that she started young and there was that push when she was younger. The push now though isn't as intense as before but I could see that she's doing whatever she can to get as many gigs outside of H!P.

About joining the 48s, it was my first impression as well. The 48s could provide more mileage for her, but then she'd be fighting for affection with other girls. Nowadays, with Rikako's looks changing drastically from 4 years ago, I hate to admit this but there will be some who will scream the big "D" especially among wota circles, and in the end, all that Rikako will need to have to survive the industry is that strong presence and improvements to herself, which I see so much in her these days.

#2806 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

Thing is unlike most metal idol singers, Rikako is legitimately into metal

Who would be "most" in this case? The amount of units who do this kind of fusion in their own way is quite slim, and those who weren't exactly a fan at first became to like it eventually. It's no secret that usually metal is kind of like an acquired taste, usually something about it interests you and eventually you learn to love / tolerate other parts of the music. Band Maid for example legitimately love what they do, and in the case of BM there is (or was) a video on instagram of Suzuka having the time of her life at a Bring Me The Horizon concert.

As for what Ady said, I don't think she necessarily needs to become a "better" singer. If she has passion, which she does, and they actually give her creative freedom she'll definitely make it work. But if Maa-chan's case is any guideline...creativity isn't exactly encouraged. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2807 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

^ Honestly, though, they're not wrong in restricting their creativity. There are apparently a large number of fans who really just want basic idol standards and not much more, and H!P caters to those most conservative of fans. For example, one of Tacoyaki Rainbow's PVs was based around things that the girls really wanted to do in a video, and there were several people, even in the international fandom, who condemned it, saying that they had no place doing anything creative, so... I wholeheartedly disagree with that, but there are those kinds of people and a lot of them are attracted to H!P because they are nothing if not consistent and standard.

It's also not really worthwhile to say, "Well she would definitely be treated better in 48G/wherever," because there's no way of knowing that, and we have some evidence to suggest that she wouldn't be any better off. With 48G it's mostly just statistically she wouldn't stand a chance, but you also have cases like Satou Sumire, who was a prominent 8th gen MM finalist and eventually joined AKB. She got a fairly decent push early on in her career, but fans didn't really take the bait and she's just been kind of stagnant in the back for years now. Rikako would maybe, maybe get more opportunities to do a greater variety of things, but she already has the Seventeen gig, and that's pretty hard to beat, even if she isn't one of the main models. Remember that you can probably count on one hand the number of girls who have done any outside work of note in the past decade; Rikako's pretty well off, all things considered. 

DDOhydd.gif

#2808 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

^ Honestly, though, they're not wrong in restricting their creativity. There are apparently a large number of fans who really just want basic idol standards and not much more, and H!P caters to those most conservative of fans.

Oh absolutely. H!P is where they are now because of their product. It only makes sense to cater to what the fans are coming for. Even now on those rare occasions H!P acts are invited to somewhat important shows they will always play like 10 year old songs.

That's an interesting story, much respect for TR's management to go that route, but all the more sad that some fans couldn't respect the girls doing what they want to do. 

And in addition to the AKB thing, I really wouldn't be so sure if she could pull enough fans to get a decent result in the elections. Then again I don't know that much about AKB but like Lurkette says it just seems like the numbers are (or were, rather) against her. Maybe if they added her right when she was at a peak of popularity but otherwise I'd doubt it.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2809 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

Here's Rikako's appearance in Hedoban with hi-res scans:

Spoiler

I'm about a month and a half in backlogs with Rikako's entries. Not even sure I can catch at this point. Her writing and the length of her writing really just is a challenge for me. Not sure I'd translate this one but let's see.

#2810 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

^ Nice! Well you don't have to translate it if you don't want to, just concentrate at what you want to do.

Edit: A tribute video to the metal girl I found on youtube.
https://youtu.be/JTDqIaL-p8Y

Cute

tumblr_o8ryv5K97o1unxj08o1_1280.jpg

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#2811 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

Still finding some energy to translate. On the other hand, here are some Rikako scans/pictures from the past few days:

Spoiler

#2812 Miryoku

Miryoku

Ayacho~? BRAVO !

• Senpai
  • 1056 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

During this voice training session, the teacher said Rikako's singing finally became better, and that her voice is the same kind as Maeda Yuuka's (and that she likes Maeda Yuuka's voice) :)

#2813 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

She's improving sooooooo much in her singing!!

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#2814 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:48 AM

During this voice training session, the teacher said Rikako's singing finally became better, and that her voice is the same kind as Maeda Yuuka's (and that she likes Maeda Yuuka's voice) :)

Her trainig is going well but you can tell shes does not feel too confident. If she really wants to improve she should try being more optimistic.

You can do it Rikako!

#2815 Lovecen

Lovecen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

I might be biased of course...but I think she's improved a whole lot since she joined.  <3 Her voice isn't the best by any means but she has a lot more control than she did during her KSS days. 

And to add... Rikako showing off her weird face techniques in Seventeen LOL.

rikako_3069.jpg

87XXEdf.gif

#2816 Miryoku

Miryoku

Ayacho~? BRAVO !

• Senpai
  • 1056 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

^ Lol, it's written she takes photos of her with this kind of face on other people's smartphones ! The girl on the bottom of the page says "I suddenly noticed i had a lot of those in my pictures". Rikako denied and said she never did any of this :P

#2817 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:33 AM

This is like a scene from Love Hina <3
img20161121232156428s.jpg

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#2818 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

Oh, I love Love Hina <3

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#2819 ensorcelledAubade

ensorcelledAubade

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:55 PM

^^ Ahh you're totally right it does <3

#2820 spiro150

spiro150

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 672 posts