Photo

[SINGLE] AKB48 26th single "Manatsu no Sounds Good!" (2012/05/23)

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#21 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

That Team 4 is prominent, I think is just strategical.

It's wise to promote all of the girls from the younger generations, preparing the group for the future, when some of the older generations will not be in the group anymore.

I agree with you of course, and I've always complained about the lack of some girls - and in particular felt annoyed with the inclusion of other groups, since it have left out "deserving girls" in my opinion. Of course just my thoughts...

But I am very glad Team 4 gets pushed. I like them a lot and I hope that some of them becomes a top 10 girl in the future. I don't like how there's so many girls in this lineup, as I think it'll be very hard to give everybody proper focus (then again I don't even know how song and PV will be ... )

They should sufficiently promote their current undergirls before promoting anyone else. But seniority does not equal promotion. I know this, but still. ;___;

And yeah, focus is a problem, I never saw Sayaka ONCE in the HebiRote PV. *cries*
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#22 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

While I may agree, that doesn't always work out so well.

Here's the thing: Most of Team 4 girls are younger than the older generation (older in terms of seniority). In Japan, the magic age of an idol is at a certain period. Cross that limit, and it's very challenging to get a buzz about you if you're an idol.

If however you get a following when you're young, they tend to stick around, and more comes too. For example, Acchan is 20 years old and Japan's most popular idol. If Acchan joined today as a research student at age 20, and unknown but still Acchan, I have my doubts that she'd be super popular, in fact I think she'd be in the shadows.

I think in many cases AKS/agencies etc. haven't done enough to promote various girls, who are absolutely great in all regards, and I wish they'd do more, but it's also very hard for them to give equal push to all. Sometimes it's completely random. Sasshii was one of the undergirls who was only hugely popular with the more hardcore fans - not the mainstream ones. Then she started having a string of great moments on TV, and became Hetare Queen. They then built on that, continued with it, and it really worked for her.

Now we have G+, and a lot of previously unpushed girls or girls who was in the shadows managed to gain some attention through their interaction with the other girls and fans on G+.

Haachan got some attention on AKBINGO, and it was funny enough that they kept bringing her back now and then. On G+ she eventually secured role as Katayama Buchou for Art Club, and then had Saitama Super Arena concert named after her. If she continues to promote herself well, it might mean she still gets to do various things.

Then there's Kaotan who rose out of nowhere to become a cult classic instantly. Or Sakiko, who now is known as Master, and has gotten more attention. Kris is doing the Cooking Club, and I seriously hope she gets a window of opportunity to grow, as she's great.

And the latest girl to get attention, Micha, who will have the entire Japanes national tour in all 47 prefectures named after her - and where SHUKAN AKB will have a special Micha documentary/interview. There will probably be some usual gravure stuff in addition, and maybe we'll see more of her. On G+ she has gotten much more active recently and she gets quite many comments now compared to before. With her name and herself being part of the 47 prefecture tour, a lot of people might get to know who she is.

Sometimes management have tried to push certain girls, whether old or new generation, and it just never worked.

It's hard to predict these things, and I've given up seeing for example Amina in senbatsu, and even if it happens, it will just be for a few seconds anyways. I will still support her, and I do, but I'm being realistic.

My attitude to all of this is basically that of having an oshimen I support, but also enjoying all the girls for what they do as a group. That way I get to enjoy quite much. I've also come to appreciate putting focus on research students over the past few years as there's much excitement to be found here, with new girls growing into potential idols. For me this is another reason why I like Team 4 so much, because I got to see them from when they joined on day 1. So I do recommend that people start looking into the research students, as there's much to be enjoyed there (LOD's etc.).

I'm rambling a little, but in the end, I've got a much more relaxed attitude to promotion and such these days. And as for Sayaka, she's lucky - she's not a senbatsu front girl, but she's on TV, she's in DiVA and she does well :)

#23 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

^ That's true. If CinDy doesn't stay in WH7 I hope Amina takes her place. Amina's so PRETTY! She needs to be pushed more. <3
Posted Image

#24 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

But Amina = Atelier Duncan, and Warota = Ogi Pro ... That's why the agency thing has its drawbacks too... :mellow:

if Amina did join Warota however, I'd most likely a.) die, b.) pass out, c.) cream my pants, d.) dance on top of the roof, and e.) scream far too loud for my own good (and neighbourhoods)

... and all of it at the same time.

#25 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

#26 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

Interesting :)

#27 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

I need to know if this is the single where the voting coupon for the senbatsu election is going to be in ? ..

anyone know anything about it ? .. thanks .. :)

#28 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Yes.

26th single will have handshake tickets and senbatsu election voting tickets.

#29 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

I wonder if there will be a different venue for this year's Senbatsu Elections.
I like a venue with a long catwalk to the main stage.
A member name is called and they walk up the stairs,
Then wave and bow to the fans as u make that long walk to claim your seat.

But this single tracklist looking good so far
The A side
The Card Fighter CM song
First Rabbit
Gugutasu no Sora

#30 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Better than Give me Five. So that's something. Although the sentence 'Manatsu no Sounds Good!' doesn't actually make any sense. 'Midsummer's sounds good' - oh well it actually kinda makes sense I suppose.

BIKINI PV PLZ. <3
Posted Image

#31 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

if that is the track list, for the second straight single a lot of members of AKB48 will be left out while some senbatsu could appear in all 4 songs

with that said im still buying this single and maybe up to 4 copies

#32 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

26th single will have handshake tickets and senbatsu election voting tickets.

Are you sure about this? I don't want to buy a bunch of copies and get no voting ticket :)

#33 pastil

pastil

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2156 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

Well if this doesn't have the voting tix then what - the election is held on 6/6 and the official blog entry says "senbatsu election for 27th single".

http://ameblo.jp/aki...1203615796.html

#34 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks! That's all I needed to know.

#35 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

oh thanks ...

because i had other info that tell me other wise even though going by history and common sense tell me so ...

but I really need a official confirmation like the CD online site saying that there is voting tickets ...
quite simply .. I am going to buy a bunch of it too ... if it has the tickets ...

Furthermore ... I need confirmation on other details ...
like is it going to be the usual ...

Limited edition > HS event Ticket
Regular edition > photo

For me .. it may well be another single with no Aamin in it ...

the last one (Give me FIVE! )does not have her ...
and the last election voting single Everyday Kachuusha also didn't really have her anywhere ...
She actually appear on the Majisuka 2 PV in a song that she didn't sing I think ...

But .. you know I don't have a choice ... lol ...
Everyday Kachuusha ... I got 16 copies ...
This round .. I am still deciding on 24 or 32 or 36 or 48 ... LOL

Its actually peanuts compare to the Japanese ... but its the best I can do ...
and furthermore its a lot of money to me ... my country economy is still behind the Japanese ...

But I am going to save up more ...
If everything remain the same ...
by next year or the year after ... I maybe able to reach the standard normal Japanese wota of 3 digit copies purchase ..LOL :P

So really need confirmed info and plan my purchase ...

Sadly ...

This is the time ..I go on my only 1 true love matters mode .. sorry

I got to sacrifice a lot of other stuff .. like SUPER GiRLS single and H!P singles ...
but I will still get my copy of SKE48 & NMB48 singles :) ...

I actually hope 1 day .. the voting coupon will be in all 48 singles release in a row ...
like you get the same voting ticket in NMB48 singles & SKE48 singles too
So I don't have to buy so many of the same single ... LOL .. :P

lol .. so the dream continues ...

#36 atoe

atoe

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ive never voted before, So if I import a copy of the single, I'll be able to vote online? (Im in Ireland)
Wheres the cheapest place to import from?

#37 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

^ .. i am not really great at this..

but I would think its HMV japan ...

and the voting ...

I only hear during the ponytail single 2 years ago you can only vote using a iphone if you are a foreigner ...
but last year you could use a standard brower into a standard webpage ...

hmm .. need someone to confirm that ... :)

#38 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

^ I'm pretty sure there was actually a tutorial on how to do it. So yes you should be fine. I'm in Australia and plan on getting a few votes in (for Sayaka Akimoto, omfg with the new system she's probably going to be in the second rank *cries*) because hot dang it, Sayaka needs votes!!!
Posted Image

#39 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Last year you could vote using a standard browser.

The year before that you had to use a japanese cell phone or use a browser with a plugin that fakes the user agent.

#40 pastil

pastil

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2156 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

^
^ But then again, which is better - being on the bottom of the first group or top rank of second group?

I'm trying to get two copies. One vote for Sakiko and one for Micha. I can dream...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users