• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#41 HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

^ Oh........I assumed that post was for something else. ^^; Thanks. I still wish I knew Japanese, though.

As for the "+1" thing...I have no idea, but since your name appears in the +1 list, maybe it's for letting other people know that you like that post? :huh:

#42 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

BTW, anyone has an idea what that pressing "+1" brings? I click it on almost every post, but except that the counter goes up in that post nothing seems to come out of it (in the "+1" section of my own profile those +1ed posts don't show up at least)

Its the same thing as the like button on Facebook

#43 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

...and we bounce back to question what the hell is that "like button".

I've succesfully escaped any desires to join FB, so it angers me, how big guns Google brought into play. It's kinda unfair!

As I read, how great features are, comparing to blogs and such (better quality photos, frequent posts, all-in-one access...)... oh no, help me! :sob:

Posted Image

#44 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

It just shows that you like something there are no rewards or anything for getting lots of likes but more people are more likely to "+1" pictures, videos or special announcements akb48 girls make and I think (not sure) things with more likes are shown higher on the stream. That might just be for facebook likes though.

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#45 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

As I read, how great features are, comparing to blogs and such (better quality photos, frequent posts, all-in-one access...)... oh no, help me! :sob:

You can not be helped really. There is only one choice: to join.

Just look what just was posted some minutes ago... do you really want to miss out on such high quality images of your oshimen? :D

Attached File  0felGLx1dO.jpg   469.81K   20 downloads

:santa: :santa: :santa:

(and videos too... Team 4's Shimada Haruka just posted a funny Fresh Lemon video... haha)

signature3.png

#46 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Well but seriously, it brings you really close to your idols. Often times blog updates are difficult to come by because they're long and take time to write, so they have mobile mails in Japan if you're a member of the fan club. Twitter is another kind but not all of the members have it. But in G+, every single member is participating and it's huge, updates come by frequently with pictures, and you can see members interacting with each other which is so fun. All in all, I won't say G+ is the right thing but AKB in G+ is certainly a very good thing.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#47 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

OMG! Such size and quality! @_@

I was teased on S48 with Mayu's photos, too, really good! Sometimes like from photoshoot, not just self-made :good: :wub:

Girls got new phones, which work for us, fans, great ( ^^; ), but do girls themselves express any opinions on new stuff?

Posted Image

#48 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Girls got new phones, which work for us, fans, great ( ^^; ), but do girls themselves express any opinions on new stuff?

Well.. I didn't read (which means translated in some way) any HKT posts yet as I mostly focus on the Team N members :)

Anyway... I found a use for this "+1" button. I use it to mark posts as 'read'. :D

signature3.png

#49 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

^ Cool, nice and creative :D
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.

#50 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

Anyway... I found a use for this "+1" button. I use it to mark posts as 'read'. :D

Can I quote this anywhere else? :good:

I'm currently lost to one question: how to hide real name on G+?

Posted Image

#51 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Just created a page that puts all of the under 18 posts in one place: http://u18.db48.org/ (Updated every 2 minutes).

Since it's fairly difficult to read post by post in G+ to find the member you want to find, I hope that this will be useful. You can ctrl+f throughout the page to find the member you wanna find. The next thing I'll want to do is to allow filtering by groups.

#52 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Just a quick question; is anyone else having a little bit of trouble with videos? It seems I can rarely get them to play the first time I click them. Usually it works on the second or third try, but there are some that just won't play. I finally got this Harugon video to play after about five tries, but it's awfully annoying. I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or if everyone is having similar issues.

#53 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Which browser are you using?

#54 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Which browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome. I would have assumed Chrome and Google+ would have little in the way of issues, but maybe? :lol:

#55 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hmm, well, perhaps you have some disturbing extensions, try disabling one by one to find the culprit. I'm using chrome as well and have no problem with the videos.

#56 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

I occasionally have troubles with bunch of videos too. I'm using Safari. ;) I think it's more a line speed issue (slow line/ reply and it can hang or such). Anyway... Safari has some issues (with the site) in general though (I have to restart it, else it would leak too much memory after short time while browsing on Google+)

Anyway...
another thing I noticed. It seems there is a comment limitation of 500. What the heck? I just noticed it on Kasai's profile. :huh:

signature3.png

#57 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

It's a known issue http://support.googl...known_issues.cs Under stream->max comments on post is 500

#58 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

It's a known issue http://support.googl...known_issues.cs Under stream->max comments on post is 500

I see. Amazing how much "beta" the whole stuff still is after it was rolled out to the general public. One would expect to have the obvious flaws resolved at least. :D

Oh.. and Myao is funny as usual... almost fell from chair when I saw this post:
Attached File  Picture 1.png   169.16K   35 downloads

Do I waste too much time with this Google+ now? Definitely!

signature3.png

#59 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

This is so fun if you can read Japanese, especially members' comments XD

#60 HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

^ Definitely taking Japanese classes next year. :lol:

Anyway...another thing I noticed. It seems there is a comment limitation of 500. What the heck? I just noticed it on Kasai's profile. :huh:

Haha, I had almost-perfect timing. I posted a comment on one of Takamina's posts that had 494 comments a few seconds ago. ^^;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users