• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#301 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm not really surprised about the reports of how people acted at the london gig, there's a lot of people used to being 'the ones that like japanese things' can forget that there are other people out there. I saw Kyary in Paris the same day I saw Momokuro(or maybe the day after, the days all blurred) and the difference in the fans attitudes was HUGE.(same for Morning Musume fans and somewhat for akb48 but a lot of people in akb48's audience were new and curious to the jpop scene)

It's one of the reasons I didn't try to get tickets for her london gig I have to say, I was so uncomfortable in that audience.

One of the few Japanese acts I'd rather see in Japan than out here :P

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#302 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think KPP just attracts a certain type because she fits the stereotype in her image of what some people want a Japanese girl to be, You get a lot of the new Jpop fans into her who as you said likely don't have many if any friends into it so have this inflated sense of discovery like they were first to ever discover Japanese music. They should perhaps watch more Japanese concerts for how to act. I actually wish we had more seated concerts because it just works so much better when everyone has their spot and they can't barge in and knock people over while thinking they have a right to be in front.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#303 k439b

k439b

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

At the Los Angeles concert, could someone explain me the difference of seats? In particular, is there any differences between GA and GAPIT?

Posted Image

#304 ryu1132

ryu1132

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

Sorry guys for not posting sooner(dang video took too long to make) :P . Well now that were a couple days removed from the concert, I finally have time to tell you guys how it went. I went too early to Club Nokia but got a good position. Up front and center with one of the best view of Kyary literary less than ten foot away was where I was at.  So close that we were only a couple of arm lengths away from her water bottle and the towel that she rubs her sweat off with. :lol:

The whole show was magnificent. She sang some of my favorites but missed one (cough) Pin Pon Ga Nannai (cough). VIP was well worth it for a priceless moment like that(I would of paid VIP for photos with Berryz).

Here's my summary video. Hope you enjoy.

(Side note during the concert she said lets enjoy. It reminded me of Kumai-chan.)

#305 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

ryu1132, you don't need to say sorry. But sounds like you had a nice time!

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#306 ryu1132

ryu1132

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thank You ^-^  Yeah, the concert was a blast. Everybody around me, in the pit section, were singing along and dancing our ass off especially during PonPonPon. The only thing I regret was not getting enough water and sleep, which was the reason why my reporting suffered. I had hardly any water for the whole day and was running on less than 4 hours of sleep. Towards the end of the concert, I was a walking zombie. I felt lightheaded and my vision was starting to blur. It felt like I was going to faint any second. I didn't know if it was from the lack of that or from the awesomeness that was Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I manage to make it through and got my second wind by the time the meet and greet rolled around.

Another thing I regret not shaking her hands. Several other people did but i was so in shock that my mind totally went blank after the picture was taken. While I was leaving, she said arigato while bowing her head. I stuttered like an idiot thanking her while walking away and forgetting to shake her hand to thank her for all the joy she had given me through her music. Damn it!! ^^;

Oh well, just looking at her style and the amount of people that likes her, makes me think that she'll be around for a while. So I'll have to wait for her 2nd world tour to get my chance again. :lol:

#307 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

^

That's the thing when meeting famous people or just people you admire etc etc. I always think about things i would like to say but when i get face to face what comes out my mouth is a bunch of mumbling and waffling about nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#308 yuutohigashi

yuutohigashi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

I got to see Kyary's world tour in my city! It was so exciting and she was very real! I am very impressed at her talents

#309 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Invander Invader PV

It's alright but it's probably down at the bottom of my list next to Fashion Monster :/

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#310 ryu1132

ryu1132

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Just in case people didn't see this in the Lovendor post, here some footage I caught of Kyary.

She appears at:

http://www.youtube.c...DnCIBY#t=39m01s

It was really nice to see her up close for a second time and well worth the trip to San Fran. Would of been nice if she had an autograph session.

#311 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu world tour!

She's coming to Toronto finally! I must be there! Even if no one wants to go with me, I'm going!

#312 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

She's coming to Chicago too!!!!!

I've never even been to a concert before so this is super exciting for me. It's just a pity it's on a Wednesday night. Well, hope I don't have any tests the next day!

My friend is going with me, and possibly her mom as well. Can't wait!

#313 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

^ u so lucky! <3

who the hell would come to Romania? there's no chance I'll travel anywhere outside this little country. except San Diego with lots of prayers and blackmail ( *devil* emoticon here ) and that only when Comic Con is there. and most probably never until I'll be legally adult. in 8 years and a month!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#314 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

^ That sucks. This is the first time I've heard of a jpop star coming to Canada, so I know how it is.

I just hope I can force someone to go with me. None of my friends like jpop. I'll have to see how much the tickets are, and then maybe coerce someone into going. :lol: Might end up going on my own. At least it's a Friday night, making it more likely to get someone to go.

edit: Man, the tickets are like $50 each! I thought they'd be cheaper than that. >< I can't expect someone who doesn't even know Kyary to spend that much, so I guess I'm going alone. Great. 

#315 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't really like Kyary at all, but I'm thinking of going to the Toronto show. Seems like a good excuse to take a trip up there and see the show with some friends and spend the weekend in Toronto. Chicago's a few hours closer, but middle of the week in Chicago at the beginning of March doesn't really sound like that much fun.

#316 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well, if it means anything, Kyary is said to put on an excellent show. She, her backup dancers, and everyone involved seem to go really all out. I don't really know how many of the dancers or whatever are gonna travel with her, and the Toronto venue is smaller than her usual ones, but I'm sure it'll still be very Kyary. Though, I have seen clips of peformances at even smaller venues, and the tempura kids were there, so she'll probably have some kind of dancers with her.

As for me, I've gotta hope that the bus schedules work out, and I don't end up stranded in Toronto after the concert. 

#317 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Wow, the Toronto show is that expensive?! How big is the venue?

The Chicago one is $25, plus taxes which made it a total of $36.55 for me (just bought my ticket). It's at the House of Blues, which apparently has a capacity of 1,300.

I remember Hikki came to Chicago (at the same venue!) a few years back but the show was 17+ and I was too young. Wonder Girls came a few years back too but I didn't go.

Kalafina was at ACen this year. Of course I started loving them AFTER ACen...

So yeah, this is my first concert. Super excited. We have planned that my friends parents will drive us downtown right after school. While the concert goes on her parents will go off and do their own thing while my friend and I have a blast. :D I know this is gonna be a good show.

#318 number244

number244

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1340 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

All I know is I got my Los Angeles tickets!

#319 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I might go to the New York one, venue is close to where I live, or I might go to Canada to see it. :P

(I didn't know that Kyary had a thread on H!O...)

#320 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

So~ I just bought the concert tickets for her concert in Cologna, Germany! Anyone else planning on going to that one? ^_^ Or have you been to others venues of that tour? If so, how was it? I'm really looking forward to going! <3

Also, it's my first Kyary concert and I'm kinda used to H!P concerts/other idol concerts, but when I watch her concert footage I barely hear any chants or anything else from the audience. Is it generally quite unusual for fans to chant during her concerts? 

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users