• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5047 replies to this topic

#4981 Ugly-chan

Ugly-chan

Super Wifey!

• Senpai
  • 1775 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

WELL, in my opinion, color is just: The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way it reflects or emits light.
Which means, in this Musume sense: colors=colors lol

I don't think the colors "go" with any talent or w/e you guys are saying XD The only reason why they MIGHT not use yellow so soon is cause people still own yellow stuff with Ai-chan's face on it, and people will feel it's too "special" this early on. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I know it will happen. Doesn't mean that when someone gets Ai's color it will be as if they were the second coming of Ai. That's just silly XD...

愛 love you
ugly11_zpsabc82016.jpg
~Set made by iheartsaechan~
aku-no-mama.tumblr.com

#4982 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Well they didn't use EJL colors for the 9th gen, I think that's why people think yellow may not be used right away.

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#4983 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Some of you may still feel that that qualifies Riho and that she will forever be the most talented, most skilled, and most valued in 9th gen, but I think it's simply too early to brand her the ace. Yes, Riho is currently the most polished of the four. Her dancing's powerful and quite flawless, her singing's decent and strong enough to sound nice during concerts, and she's cute. That doesn't mean that her skills are so far ahead of the kyuukies to call her the ace, at this point.

Remember Mako, anyone? She was the one they focused on the most during the audition, the one who arguably did the best, the one who was pushed earliest...yet, who would you say is 5th gen's ace?

Don't people read the whole page anymore before posting :rolleyes:

I posted this a few posts above. It isn't about how you or I feel, or how you or I define an "ace".
Hello!Project have clearly establish that Riho is one of the aces of H!P and therefore one of Momusu's aces.

The new Mobekimasu cover confirms this.
Posted Image

As seen on that cover, H!P aces are the ones with the biggest pics.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#4984 Michiko

Michiko

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

At first I didn't like this gen, but after watching this week Hellopro! I'm in love with all of them (except for Haruka :ph34r: ). It's a sweet gen!

Posted Image

#4985 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

WELL, in my opinion, color is just: The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way it reflects or emits light.
Which means, in this Musume sense: colors=colors lol

I don't think the colors "go" with any talent or w/e you guys are saying XD The only reason why they MIGHT not use yellow so soon is cause people still own yellow stuff with Ai-chan's face on it, and people will feel it's too "special" this early on. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I know it will happen. Doesn't mean that when someone gets Ai's color it will be as if they were the second coming of Ai. That's just silly XD...

IKR! People are saying a girl can't get yellow unless management expects her to live up to Aichan's standards. Once a colour belongs to a new member, it's their colour! There's no official connection to the previous member, really. People are getting into a huge debate about not giving member colours because they're not worthy enough. Jeez. I love member colours too, but it'll be decided probably based on their personality and what suits them the best, and not based on if they can create as successful of a career as the member who had that colour before.

Members are given colours to distinguish themselves from everyone else, but there's only so many colours that they eventually have to reuse colours from before. Obviously, they did their best with orange, dark blue, and teal by not giving them away immediately to 9th gen, but they have to reuse them eventually.
They had to use red for Riho, and Koha had that before Riho, and Miki had that before Koha. Other than saying they're 'popular', there aren't any connections to personality or talent, are there? They're all their own person. Try not to compare the newbies to the members who had the colour before them. XD

They might have to use yellow for 10th gen, but oh well. It's a nice and respectable way of saying "We're not trying to replace you" to the graduated member(s), but they're going to run out of colours sooner or later. It may seem offensive, but it's just a colour.

#4986 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

It may seem offensive, but it's just a colour.

Thank you for this ^_^
Member colours and haircuts. For some reason they spark endless debate :D

#4987 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

They might have to use yellow for 10th gen, but oh well. It's a nice and respectable way of saying "We're not trying to replace you" to the graduated member(s), but they're going to run out of colours sooner or later. It may seem offensive, but it's just a colour.

I have to agree; they're running out of colours, and the only alternative is white. :/ Or 'gold', but having both orange and gold is kind of confusing in practice, I think, unless they make gold an ugly yellow-orange-grey colour. I think they might reuse yellow because Ai's irreplaceable. I kind of hope that they'll use white instead of bringing back three different shades of blue...it's already hard enough to tell who's Sayu/Mizuki/Riho's fan by lightstick colour now.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#4988 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Speaking of white, who else used it besides Nacchi?

#4989 Matsumoto Rika

Matsumoto Rika

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

if i was Tsunku Bear, MM would be like this today :whistle: 16nin :lol:
Risa
Sayumi
Reina
Aika

9th Gen
Fukumura Mizuki
Ikuta Erina
Otsuka Aina
Sayashi Riho
Suzuki Kanon

10th Gen
Ishida Ayumi
Tanaka Fuuka
Miyamoto Karin
Takagi Sayuki
Murakami Sara

11th Gen

Tanabe Nanami
Ogawa Rena
Kudou Haruka

♥♥ ~ Sayashi Riho & Ishida Ayumi ~ ♥♥

Posted Image

Favorite Eggs : Miyamoto Karin, Tanabe Nanami, Otsuka Aina & Takagi Sayuki

#4990 Evangel

Evangel

Ojichan

• Senpai
  • 1242 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

^And where is Cuca?

I think Sato can be good with LinLin color, or any other light blue color.
Posted Image
---Using a translator so forgive me if I am wrong---

#4991 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

^
^YES! 16nin (with Cuca-chan) FTW :D But I actually love MM like that. I miss the old Momosu...

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#4992 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Cuca wasn't old enough for either of those gens yet. She's still 9.

If it were me...

9th gen:

Aina
Riho
Sayuki
Karin

10th gen:

Haruna
Sara
Ayumi
Nanami

But alas... We can't choose...

Oh and ^3, you wrote 16nin but put down 17 names. XD

Also, I would have changed the 8th gen, and the 9th and 10th would actually be either 10th and 11th, or 11th and 12th... There would be a gen or two in between Aika and Riho's generations.

And in my perfect world, the first 7th gen audition wouldn't have had no winners. XD (Then again, that would have made Koha the 8th gen, Aika/Jun/Lin the 9th gen, my two imaginary gens the 10th and 11th, Riho's gen the 12th, and Ayumi's gen the 13th... LOL)

But MM did just celebrate their 13th anniversary earlier this year, (hence DMM's formation,) so a 13th gen by now wouldn't have been that surprising, had we not had that stable lineup for so long. Oh well. It's interesting to think about, anyway.

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#4993 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Speaking of white, who else used it besides Nacchi?

Koharu, up until Miki graduated.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#4994 槇土 (Makito)

槇土 (Makito)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'd laugh if they all got colours nobody has used before.

Like Brown...Dark Brown...Light Brown and...Neon Brown LMAO!

#4995 Pudd-san

Pudd-san

3rd gen member

• Validating
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

^
I would feel so bad for whatever girl they gave brown to lol :lol:

I hope they use white and give it to Haruna! Since Tsunku described her as a "pure soul" ^_^

Yellow for Ayumi, Orange for Haruka, Teal for Masaki maybe? Though I think they should all have light, cheerful colours since this is a "genki" gen.

#4996 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

But MM did just celebrate their 13th anniversary earlier this year, (hence DMM's formation,) so a 13th gen by now wouldn't have been that surprising, had we not had that stable lineup for so long. Oh well. It's interesting to think about, anyway.

Wouldn't it be their 14th anniversary? 'Cause they celebrated 10 years in 2007, and 1997-2011 is 14 years.Posted Image
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#4997 AloiChan

AloiChan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:02 AM

Don't people read the whole page anymore before posting
I posted this a few posts above. It isn't about how you or I feel, or how you or I define an "ace".
Hello!Project have clearly establish that Riho is one of the aces of H!P and therefore one of Momusu's aces.
As seen on that cover, H!P aces are the ones with the biggest pics.

I really didn't want to continue with this off topic discussion, but I'll just clarify something. I did read the entire page, I just don't like to multiquote.
Actually, that cover proves my point more than it does yours. Does it specify anywhere that the ones with the biggest pictures are the aces? No. Does having a larger picture compared to others demonstrate the girls' abilities? No. The ones with the biggest pictures are the most POPULAR in their respective groups, and probably the ones that will get any available solos. Hello!Project have clearly established that they will push Riho as a FRONTGIRL. It isn't about how you or I feel, but it is about how one defines ace.
Let's just please put this aside and not derail the thread even furthur. I don't have anything against you or anyone else who doesn't agree, but it is clear that we will both continue to think the way we do. :)

------------------

While I love Aichan to bits and would like it if they could possibly hold yellow until the next gen, it's not really like she'll be forgotten just because another girl has her color. Plus, I'd feel bad if some of the girls got less than desirable colors.

I'm probably wrong, but wasn't MM formed in November 1997? @_@

#4998 AloiChan

AloiChan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

This is a bit random, but watching this week's Haro Pro Time, I was a bit surprised to see that they went to the girls's house to tell her the news....and that they that nice... *-* Especially, Masaki's..

-EDIT_
Typos~

#4999 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

^
Well, the whole group went all the way to Koharu's rural school to tell her. They usually try to do something special to tell them. Like having Aika be the only one who went through the door to where Morning Musume was, or following the 4th gen back home to see them tell their parents.
My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#5000 AloiChan

AloiChan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Oh, I had forgotten about 4th gen's. But yeah, this was a lot nicer than 9th gen's... I'm glad they brought that back~ :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users