265 replies to this topic

#41 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

We say "Eh" at the end of every sentence? o.o
I don't think so. But maybe I just don't notice it.

Maybe I have been there. Though Fife may be a small county, it's still big enough that you can't really expect me to have visited every single chip shop. :o

#42 nono:)bbz

nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

All of my family in Fife do it so I'll just assume it's a "Fife-thing", haha.
I know whereabouts you live though so that is why I wondered if you had ventured into his chip shop. ;)

#43 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Just to ask, has anyone actually had Irn Bru ice cream before? I had it when I was on holiday in Largs (been there a fair few times so it kind of says how much I had it when there lol) but any Scots I've mentioned it to have never tried it or even heard of it :)

#44 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

^

I have never heard of it but it sounds AMAZING! Irn Bru ftw :)
I am so looking out for this now XD

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#45 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

^ If you ever do go to Largs go to an ice cream place called Nardini's, it's soooooo good :) It's seriously my favourite ice cream and I'm gutted I can't get it anywhere else lol (and Irn Bru is the best soft drink ever so I'm really glad I can get that anywhere lol)
About the battered mars bars ironically I've seen them more in England than I have in Scotland XD I don't like them much, they're really really sickly but I can see why people would like them. Around Easter they did battered creme eggs XD

#46 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

Battered creme eggs, um gads. It's weird how I'm sort of repulsed by that rather than a battered mars bar, rofl. Although it's probably because I hate creme eggs and love mars bars. :wub:
As for the Irn Bru ice-cream, my local ice-cream van sells it but they're always sold out so I've never got to try it. But that suggests it's popular round my area.

#47 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

You know, sinced you mentioned the thing about us Fifers saying "Eh?" alot, I've started to actually notice it alot now. Never noticed before, but now that it's been brought to my attention every time I hear someone do it I laugh and think of here. :lol:

And why would you go to Largs, gina? I keep telling you people... East Coast > West Coast. :P

#48 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

^ Because I can't drive, therefore my parents decide where in Scotland we go XD I like Largs anyway, it's a nice place :3

#49 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

@Dran:
Haha, well I'm glad it's not just me that notices it now. And it's funny how I might possibly be moving to Fife now. <3

#50 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Eh?
You're coming to Fife?

What a very strange situation. I've long been the only fan in Fife. Except my brother Azgaroth, but he doesn't count because I was the one who got him into H!P. :(
That could possibly change? Damn! I'll no longer be unique. :P

#51 nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

Aw come now, your brother will be raging if he heard that. :( But yeah, a College there has the perfect course for me so I applied and got in.
This all depends on if I definately get money to live there, but I should do because the College said I would before I even applied.

#52 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Since it's Fife, I imagine you are reffering to the Adam Smith College?

I studied there for a year at one of the campuses here in Kirkcaldy where I live. Dropped out in the second semester, though.

#53 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

So are there any other Scots planning to go see Morning Musume in Paris this year?

I'm going, but damn, the thought of being the sole representative in attendance of an ethnic group of between 5-10 million people (including expats and those of Scottish descent)... it's a depessing one. :lol:

#54 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

I'm not going because I still haven't got a job :blush:

#55 -kitsune-

-kitsune-

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

Lol you won't be alone Dran, I'm also going to Paris and will be there from the 30th - 5th.

We have two representatives now XD

#56 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Oh same dates as me. Are you flying from Glasgow or Edinburgh? :)

#57 -kitsune-

-kitsune-

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'll be Flying from Edinburgh since it's closer to where I live. I imagine you're doing the same?

The kilt idea is good! You'll certainly get noticed by the girls if you turn up in that ^^;

#58 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

Yeah. Being in Fife means Edinburgh is the way to get just about anywhere in the world.

It's hard to stand out at an anime convention with cosplayers, but a kilt may just do that.
Plus, in my experience French people are friendlier with Scots than with Englishfolk. I was there for the World cup in 1998, and the locals didn't really take a liking to us til we turned up at the pub to watch the game with Scotland strips and flags, lol.

#59 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

^

My family also had a similar experience o.o
We were in Paris (I was about eh, 11 maybe) and my Mum [who speaks near-perfect French] was nattering away to a guy at a bar and meanwhile my stepdad was *attempting* to talk to this other guy who said "English...?" and my stepdad was like "Nope, Scotland!" and the guy seemed really enthusiastic about that :P.

He bought me a Coke and my stepdad a drink after, lmao.

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#60 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

I've heard similiar experiences from my friends who visited countries around Europe. Apparently the Spanish reacted much the same way to them when learning that they were Scots.

Considering we have a reputation for being violent and drunk, we sure seem to be well-recieved abroad. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users