• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#441 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Ito Yuna announces graduation from Idoling!!!! and NEO from Idoling!!!!
http://tokyogirlsupd...0150338948.html

I don't see the purpose of graduating when the group is already headed for disbandment. It would only cause anxiety among the remaining members.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#442 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

Wait, NEO Idoling!!! will still be active after Idoling!!! disbands?

It makes sense that she announced her graduation then, since she was in NEO. If she didn't people would probably assume that she'd stay active with NEO.

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#443 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

Tokyo Idol Festival will get an upgrade with the launching of Tokyo Idol Project.

My guess is TIP is replacing Idoling!!!

The details will be revealed on the 24th.

FujiTV, which sponsors the Tokyo Idol Festival, has launched something called the "Tokyo Idol Project" --

Here is a subtitled video with the announcement:

More details will be revealed on March 24th.

I know people are concerned about the future of the Tokyo Idol Festival, due to the dissolution of Idoling!!, which was produced by FujiTV.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#444 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

From JPLOP:

yesterday Idoling was at a live event and it was broadcasted live on Nico Nico, but staff decided to cut off their song and cancel their performance. They said fans in the front row were being too "interruptive" and a "nuisance" to Idoling when they were enthusiastically jumping (which was prohibited). There was some heckling about the disbandment. They were warned but they just decided to cancel their performance. The producer had to apologize in front of the fans.
http://www.tokyo-spo... ... nt/380205/

#445 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:17 AM

That sucks. Everyone was just having a Happy Jam :mellow:. Really unprofessional and disrespectful to Idoling to intentionally cut the music in the middle of their performance and then have them remain on stage during the awkward drama. The group will be disbanding; they no longer have infinite opportunities to perform, therefore the importance of each live is magnified for them and their fans.

Also... that was a ridiculously large gap between the front row and the stage  :S.

#446 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

It is incredibly stupid, and the ones to blame is management. There was nothing chaotic going on in the crowd, only a handful of guys jumping up and down, something that is very common. Instead of letting the show continue, the producer cut the music, and started shouting and arguing with fans, completely shitting on the mood itself. You could see how sad some of the girls looked.

Like you say, they are disbanding this year - how about letting the idols and fans enjoy the last few concerts they will have together? Also, to say that this jumping is "bothering the girls is" retarded. The stage is elevated, it is higher up than the people jumping, and as mentioned, there's a large gap between the stage and the front row as well.

I checked out 2ch, and there's a thread about this in both the momusu subforum and the AKB48 subforum (probably more threads elsewhere in other sections), and while some points out that they think such jumping can get annoying at times, most of them are criticizing Idoling!!!'s producer/management. From the momusu subforum, one person said something to the likes of "Don't bite the hand that feeds you..."

#447 LarcKen

LarcKen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:40 AM

It is incredibly stupid, and the ones to blame is management. There was nothing chaotic going on in the crowd, only a handful of guys jumping up and down, something that is very common. Instead of letting the show continue, the producer cut the music, and started shouting and arguing with fans, completely shitting on the mood itself. You could see how sad some of the girls looked.

Like you say, they are disbanding this year - how about letting the idols and fans enjoy the last few concerts they will have together? Also, to say that this jumping is "bothering the girls is" retarded. The stage is elevated, it is higher up than the people jumping, and as mentioned, there's a large gap between the stage and the front row as well.

I checked out 2ch, and there's a thread about this in both the momusu subforum and the AKB48 subforum (probably more threads elsewhere in other sections), and while some points out that they think such jumping can get annoying at times, most of them are criticizing Idoling!!!'s producer/management. From the momusu subforum, one person said something to the likes of "Don't bite the hand that feeds you..."

I agree that the producer is one problem. But he wasn't 100% at fault. They do remind the audience beforehand of such jumping behavior is prohibited, and that they will stop the performance if jumping occured.

#448 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Having seen Idoling several times over the years, I've realized that jumping is extremely common in their fandom. I *think* it's because jumping is fun (I know, very scientific reason). And idols often encourage fans to jump. Maybe they've tightened the rules, but it's extreme laziness to punish everyone for the actions of a few. It's not like it's difficult to spot the jumpers. They give themselves away because... they are jumping. If it's that big of a deal, simply ID them and have the venue staff do their job. (Although for the record the crowd looked tame and I think their producer was out of line for lecturing the fans and telling them to leave. The concert was being live streamed and it unfairly put the girls in a bad light. Protecting the members should be his highest priority. It's the venue's responsibility to handle the audience. And if he doesn't want to protect them, I will gladly volunteer. I'll be responsible for Ton-chan and Rena :P

I agree ^^ they totally looked sad. They traveled to Osaka, had rehearsals, did all the boring prep stuff that occurs before a performance. And then they don't even get the full payoff.

#449 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Maybe that guy was out to make Idoling!!! look bad.
The only time I have seen a notice telling fans not to jump was at livehouses with low ceiling.
This was a fullsize auditorium with a high stage.
I hope the upper management investigate this incident.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#450 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

OK, I wasn't aware that they do this before performances. In that case it's clear that the fans breached this rule/prohibition, but even so, it's hardly a problem of such immense proportions that the concert needs to be stopped/cancelled. I also find it rather strange that it's somehow a problem or a nuisance for the girls (according to management), especially so when there's a stage which is higher up than the fans, and with a large gap between them. In short: What makes the Idoling!!! girls so much more different than virtually every other idol out there? (Going by their management's statement).

fripSide at Animelo Summer 2010 concert. At the 1m18s mark, all the fans do the PPPH move (which is a big part of many idol songs). Look how many fans jump up in coordination with the music:

http://v.youku.com/v...A0NTAwMzAw.html

Then there's this:

https://www.youtube....0FfPnc0#t=2m09s
Upper right corner, Shiichan and Sasshii from AKB48's 2010 Request Hour. Both girls doing PPPH together with the fans, and jumping...

Of course, this is more of a coordinated jump, and with Idoling!!! you have more random jumps, but I still don't understand how it's so serious that a live streamed concert in another city needs to be cancelled and where the producer has to shout at the fans for minutes. If the stage was low and right next to the fans then I could understand, but not like it was yesterday.

I wonder if the fans will continue to jump, or if there will be a dampened mood at Idoling!!! concerts now. It's a pity since there's not many concerts left before the group disbands. Let the idols and the fans have their last bit of fun together...

#451 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:17 AM

Someone should show this to that manager.
TIF 2014

UUG's Choppa Choppa cover by Idoling!!!

Upper Cut, UUG x Idoling!!!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#452 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

[2015-03-24] At 17:22, Idoling!!! performs at Tokyo Idol Project launch event this morning.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#453 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

hmm .. I am just dropping by ..
but I think the management did the right thing by stopping the show ..
basically rules are rules .. and there are reasons behind it ..
Just like here .. we break the rules .. we get ban ..

I know there are many example when the crowd are jumping and nothing happens ..
But honestly .. do they need to wait for something bad to happen before they get serious at those events ?

Coordinated jumping at parts of the song where every fan know you are suppose to jump is ok ..
but there are those random jumper and even have their friends throwing them up in the air is simply annoying and dangerous ..

I have been to zam very fav Up Up Girls live .. there was this extremely annoying guy in front of me ..
he is jumping randomly .. basically block my view most of the time and and actually hit me while coming down ... I was very very close to beating him up if not that I am in Japan ..
and worse when he is suppose to jump.. he kneel down .. so I can't jump because it is very dangerous if I accidentally land on him ..
luckily halfway into the show .. he ran forward with a chain of crazy fans and disappear in front ..

Basically I got hit on the face a couple of times in quite a few shows by random jumpers ..
Trust me you wouldn't like an elbow hitting you in the face ..

But the worse got to be Perfume concert in Singapore .. as the fans jump forward from behind and crashes the front people onto the metal barrier..
Yes .. I got injured and bleeding .. but I didn't make a big deal of it but my chest was painful for a month because I got ram into the metal barrier a couple of time at chest level ..
Basically .. I spend most of the show trying to counter the pushing force from behind ..
Things could well be worse ..

So I think they are right to stop the show .. or do you think they should wait for something really bad like people getting crush or just elbow landing unfortunately .. etc ..
or a brawl breaking out because one of those jumper just piss off the wrong fan at the wrong time ..

#454 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

I think stopping the live was unfair to then fans who weren't jumping, and to the Idoling!!! members.

Instead, they should have asked the fans who were breaking the rules to leave.

Jpop Music Review Blog

#455 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

^ ya .. I guess you are right on that ..
or maybe its just too many of them are doing it .. :P

#456 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

^Ares, if someone hit you in the face you hit them back.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#457 Crazed Lurker

Crazed Lurker

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Or better yet, you stab them in the eye with your glow stick!  XD

On a serious note, you need to be careful when getting into fisticuffs at idol concerts: A friend of mine once witnessed a fistfight, or rather, sissyfight, between two wota at a Hello! Project show. But he did not witness who started the fight. And neither did staff. So both guys were ejected from the venue. :(

#458 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Adding to this current topic, there was recently a Team 8 live performance (AKB48), where one guy went absolutely crazy and started jumping and trying to crowd-surf nearby people. He also took off his t-shirt. Here however security staff immediately grabbed him and removed him from the location. The concert was not stopped.

#459 LarcKen

LarcKen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Official announcement from the special Idoling TV live show yesterday:

- All current Idoling members will graduate on 31st October this year
- They WILL NOT disband Idoling!!! (whatever that means)
- They will hold 15th live on NIPPON BUDOKAN on October 5th  mw_w00t.gif
- New 7ki members will join the group by July  shocking.gif

#460 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

What's the point of adding new members when they're going to graduate in a few months????????

And still confused as to exactly why they're disbanding. 

They're soing well in sales, and it's not like the members have no interest in continuing.

Jpop Music Review Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users