• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#21 Nana-chan

Nana-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

I liked this idea. This remembers me H!P Kids. The kids had the chance to grow more than regular members. When I think about the best singers and dancers of H!P almost all of the kids (lol they aren't kids anymore) come to my mind. I hope that they'll grow like them.

#22 Tricia

Tricia

AiLin

• Senpai
  • 1592 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

i can't wait to see what they release. If they release anything.

8nin.jpg

#23 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

I have been meaning to ask who those two kids the Ices have mentioned on their blogs a couple of times were.

I wonder what's in store for these two. Perhaps what will happen with them will tie into what H!P is doing in Korea right now.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#24 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

They are just young. They're not cute for being cute, just being young.
They also completely lack talent. I def. don't think they should have been chosen.
Please stop picking people based on looks and start based on talent.

#25 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

OMG someone who was born in 2000 O_____O (AND 2002!?!? O_o)

That's so weird for me XD ...

Whatever... Frances is so cute <3 But.... what do they do?? ^^; When did they join H!P?

^ And... they're 6 and 8 years old ^^; just watch the H!P kids audition... and now look at Berryz and ºC-ute.

g8aHT2F.gif

#26 Ayu-chan

Ayu-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:50 AM

Whoa. Frances has my birthday.

Um, auto-fan? ^^;

They're cute~ but it's a bit weird to me. I was too young to really care during the H!P kids stuff when Maimai was little, so it's probably just because it's a new thing.

Something about them grabs me though. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with them!

#27 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

^ And... they're 6 and 8 years old ^^; just watch the H!P kids audition... and now look at Berryz and ºC-ute.

My favorite kids have always been Saki, Erika, Maimi, and Momoko.
I always believed that Mai was chosen for her young age and size, not her talent.
In my opinion, many of the kids are not able to live up to the expectations. When you choose them that young, you have no clue where they are going to go and how they are going to develop.

#28 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

When I see people argue that H!P has some absolutely terrible ideas, from this day forth I will have no counter argument

#29 Helder Ribeiro

Helder Ribeiro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1344 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

I like them~ I dont understand why everybody is acting like "ohh so young"... In Japan it's absolutely normal o_o'
Spoiler

Tsunku's TNX unit called mu have little girls too, and they are SOOO CUTE! *w*~ I like Aiko and Frances too, especially Aiko XD
Posted Image

10th Generation

#30 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Here is a(very LQ) clip of the two performing together in the auditions. It's after the training camp thing but I don't remember if it's the final or not.

And the best part of the clip(for me) is after the performance Frances does a dance solo that's really good!

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#31 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Helder Ribeiro: It's not just in Japan, either. I mean, here in the U.S.A. (and other places in the world) child singers, actors, performers, etc. are nothing new. At all.

Some of my favorite actors and actresses, and some of my favorite singers, all started when they were children. It most definately is NOT new, and it isn't singular to H!P or Japan.

And this isn't directed toward you at all, but I'm getting a bit tired of people acting like it is exclusive to Japan/H!P/Idols. Do these people live under a rock? :good:->

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#32 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

To be fair, while what he/she said is a generalization, we all know who the primary audience for H!P groups are.

#33 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

^
However, 8-year-olds being targeted to middle-aged men IS something that is not in the USA.

#34 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

^
My exact thoughts :good:

#35 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

That's the whole problem I have with them. I watched NEW STAR.
Both of them have horrid singing voices, they cannot dance. They have absolutely no talent.
The only thing they are good for is being cute, and for all we know that will go away once they hit puberty.
I'm really sick of H!P picking people based on looks. First Mano, now these two.
Come ON H!P, you want to make a good impression to the Taiwanese, not as a toddler peddler to pedophiles!

#36 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

Have they even been marketed toward anyone yet? No. They haven't done anything except participate in the auditions, and get the chance, which I'm sure they loved, to dance with someone they admire.

NICE GIRL Mu doesn't even seem to be being marketed toward anything but kids right now. They're "debut" single was a collaboration with JAM Project for a childrens anime film.

And just because guys might end up liking them, does not mean they're being marketed toward them specifically. :|

As for Frances & Aiko's talent, I partly agree. Frances I think has a good base down for learning dance, but she can't really sing at all. Aiko can at least do better than screaming a song out when she isn't dancing, not that it sounds good either way, but it's better when she isn't screaming; sadly, she can't really dance at all.

With training, perhaps they'll get better as they get older.

As for what hello:duck says below me, I must disagree.

Anyway. I didn't want an argument or debate, I was simply stating a partial part of what happens to be annoying me.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#37 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

I noticed that too. The whole NEW STAR program actually, none of the selected ones are really talented :good: IceCreamusume is the same way, only a couple of the have a close to decent voice, the rest sing like crows x]

The eggs aren't this bad though (well, some are), seems like especially the Taiwanese ones follow this pattern strictly.

#38 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

^ I agree. ICM, most of their members looked bored or sleepy, or confused during the PVs. Only a couple actually can sing and perform that well.
I WATCHED the Kids auditions too. The kids were far more talented then these two when they auditioned. Even Maimai could sing better!
Completely untalented. I hope H!P Taiwan fails.

#39 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:16 AM

^ I kindly suggested we stop talking about Ice Creamusume in the Frances & Aiko thread. And if you don't like the Taiwan groups or members, perhaps you shouldn't visit their threads?

It's much easier to ignore things you don't like than it is to comment on them.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#40 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

Wow, geez, that's a little harsh. These are people's dreams/careers were talking about, and I couldn't wish that on anyone, even if it isn't my thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users