Birthdate: 5th August 1993
Hometown: Osaka

Height: 152 cm
Blood Type: A

Agency: Yoshimoto Kyoraku
Blog: http://ameblo.jp/nmb...0039754943.html
Google+: https://plus.google....443047095/about

Trivia:
  • On 16 July 2011 she was lucky and managed to qualify herself during the NMB48 pre-round event for the main round of AKB48's 2nd Janken Tournament
  • On 2 September 2011 it was announced that she asked for a suspension which was granted by the management. Therefor she does not participate in any NMB48 activities for the remainder of 2011 (including AKB48's 2nd Janken Tournament). Reason for this were some old purika pictures with a boyfriend that appeared on the Internet and caused an uproar of some fans.
  • After a positive fan voting ending on 7th December 2011 she was allowed to come back as a 2nd generation trainee member starting January 1st, 2012.
  • On January 3, 2012 it was announced that she would become the captain of NMB48's 2nd Generation trainees (potentially making her the captain of Team M which was announced to form on January 26th)
  • On January 26, 2012 it was announced that she became a member and the captain of Team M.

1) Her nick name is not announced on the official NMB48 site yet, but according to the Internet this is her nick name from school.

Edited by dev-null, 24 November 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#2 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

and there is on-going scandal about her boyfriend...

I personally find that okay, but if it really causes trouble and fans uproar, the management might have no choice but to fire her...
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#3 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

Was thinking of making a thread for her but not until she moved past her "scandal".

Anyway here are some pics she had online (w/o her b/f) pre-NMB.
http://www.bijogoyom....php/2011/02/07

After hearing about the incident that happened on the first day of the 2nd gen A1 performance b/c of her, I'm still waiting to see how this plays out.

If nothing else, she can try for SDN in a few years?

#4 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

After hearing about the incident that happened on the first day of the 2nd gen A1performance b/c of her, I'm still waiting to see how this plays out.

Some mad fans rampaged or what? :whistle:

Anyway... some boyfriend in her pre-NMB48 time certainly is harmless, IMHO. Some of the so-called hardcore fans can now calm down again (also compared to the rumored scandal involving Team 4's captain it will be forgotten in no time, probably. ;) ).

In the sense of bad publicity is also publicity: some good things came out of the scandal. People know her now. At least she is the only 2nd generation member I'm safe recognizing by face and name. Let's hope she can soon focus on what she actually wanted to do in NMB48 and keep the spotlight in a positive sense with good performances, singing, dancing, etc. :santa:

Cute pictures, btw. :good:
Let's mirror them here!

Attached Files

signature3.png

#5 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

After the show, Shimarena in center apologized to the fans, and while some fans gave calls of encouragement, one fan in 5th row stood up and while angry threw his money at her.
He shouted "Are they going to allow this? In the past AKB members have been forced to resign due one purikura!".

Then a lot of the people in the theater shouted for him to go home, but he continued "Are you going to allow this?"

Staff removed him eventually.

What's interesting to note is that if for example he is an AKB fan, and was a fan of Nanami, Akky, or Yurihamu etc. then he was faced with having to see them be fired for same thing Shimarena gets to stay for now: Old purikura before joining.
But here, with Shimarena, not only is there one purikura, there's a whole bunch of them! There's lots of pics appearing, plus various information uncovered. And she gets to stay? While others had to leave? So there are many now questioning the whole difference in treatment of the girls - AKB vs. NMB.

Are not AKB and NMB "same" groups? If they aren't, then why are Sayanee and Milky in AKB senbatsu, or: Why are there then NMB girls in AKB Janken? In other words if NMB is different, then they should not partake in AKB activities. If they are same, then same treatment must be applied as well (fairness).

Right now AKB fans and NMB fans are split in Japan. AKB fans wondering why she's not fired while NMB fans are supporting her.

#6 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Well... the spectrum of fans has changed a lot compared to back then when those scandals happened (hey, I didn't even know about those scandals ;) ) and today. As you write: only one single fan did a tantrum while the majority of fans cheered for support. The hardcore wotas who really see the idols has some kind of virtual girlfriend and have problems that the girls had/have some kind of absolutely normal life (Many girls at that age have boyfriends, also they do some stupid things sometimes. That's called being a teenager. :) ) are certainly a minority these days (perhaps a minority that spends most money compared to other fans, who knows).

Just from my European perspective. ;)

signature3.png

#7 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

That may be, but it would be nice if there was a fair treatment to the exact same thing.

Fire Ayarin, Nanami, Akky, Yurihamu and others? Fire Shimarena as well. Don't fire Shimarena? Well don't fire others who have the same thing happening to them as well then.

Don't create a divide, where some fans get to "keep" their idols so to speak, while others have to see their idols disappear.

Whatever the case is, there are idol rules and they should be followed - if not then there's no point for them to be idols.
Of course, if you did something before you were an idol, those rules never applied in the first place, but it can be image-damaging to have things from the past surface up again...

If you do something while being an idol, that's another issue...

#8 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

The thing is those hard-core wotas are those that spend the most money and provide the most income to these idol groups, so their opinions or their actions provide certain weight to the management.

But the fact is that the situation at the time when they fired Ayarin and now is totally different, at the time AKB was still rising, they can't afford to have any members not focused or causing any trouble to the group in whole thus stricter actions were required, however if you look now they're all established groups now.

Personally I understand the frustration of that particular wota (whom later apologized for his actions on 2ch as well) and why the management has not taken any actions just yet (heck, even Kojima has a kissing scene).

If she has the talent and ability, why don't forgive what she done in the pass (we all have foolish mistakes). It's not always easy to forget but I believe we can hold non-negative feelings towards it.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.

#9 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

I did not only mention Ayarin, who at the time was a frontgirl representing Team B, who had a boyfriend while being a member.

I also mentioned Nanami, Akky and Yurihamu. Akky for example, was a 9th gen RS. That's same as Yui, Miyu, Paruru etc.

So, like you, I too understand his frustration, and I'm glad he had that outrage actually. Those questions needed to be asked.

I really understand firing a girl who broke rules as an idol. I don't understand it if it was something from the past. That she may lose fans or image for this, yes I can understand that, but this is out of the scope for management to deal with. In a sense, if a girl gets to stay after something from the past is revealed, she will have to work on "saving her face" herself alone.

Indeed, they have mainstream support now, given this they can tolerate more. But they shouldn't push the limits. There needs to be a clearly visible fair treatment, otherwise you end up with different camps of fans, and disappointment and hurt feelings. That's never good.

#10 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

I understand what you mean to a certain extent, so you're saying that it's now up to the fans whether they want to accept her or not?

Perhaps I'm a little stupid here with the definition of idol, does an idol really means 100% perfect? No problems in the past at all?

I personally only enjoy good songs, and when I find that songs from particular units are pretty good I'll start to get curious and want to know more about it. But I'm never the sort of guy who will blindly "follow" or get so crazy with idols, so I may never understand.

But from what I see the situation now is either the fans forgive her (including those AKB fans), or she resigns (retire) herself. You implied that it's not the management's business and I don't see them taking any actions.

#11 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Being perfect is when you are an idol. That's when you should be perfect. Hence if you are underage as idol and drink, you made a big mistake. If you smoke regardless of age, as an idol, you made a big mistake. If you have a boyfriend as idol, you have made a big mistake.

But the past ... that's very difficult. In general one can manage to keep the past in the past, but the problem is if there's photos or information online which shows a different story. I think that it can do damage, but in general maybe one shouldn't boot someone based on the past.

When it comes to idols, it's expected that they behave in a different way from artists and so on. People may think it's silly, but that's how it's supposed to be. Anyways, she stays, so no whether she'll have a good career or not is up to her. Fans will embrace her or not. But then this is the same with other members too, they have to be themselves, work with circumstances, if they are lucky they get a breakthrough.

#12 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

I really liked atsuki who was fired for a single picture...I knew her before her akb work and actually own a dvd with her in prior to akb so I was pretty heartbroken when they fired her like that yet this girl gets to stay? Why is she MORE special? Atsuki was talented, the dvd I own is of a musical so she can damnwell sing and dance well. It does make me frustrated and feels really unfair. It's not about the issues of the rules, it's about the treatment of the girls who step on grey areas of the rules.
Atsuki was fired whilst akb were high up and had non-wota fans so that argument can't stick.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

The last one with bad news today: she asked to be suspended for the rest of the year (no janken etc.). No primary sources but this.

Posted Image

#14 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

SHES 18. OF COURSE SHE'S HAD BOYFRIENDS BEFORE. FFS WOTA!!!!
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#15 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

Sounds like management wasnt going to suspend her or anything so they must think she has potential. Hope she come back.

#16 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

She got her own Google+ account:

https://plus.google....150979443047095

signature3.png

#17 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Shimada Rena’s graduation announcement 2014.02.27

I, Shimada Rena, will graduate from NMB48.

I reached 20 years old last year,
I came to think about the future more than before.
I have many experiences at a really happy place called NMB48,
I learned a lot here, including hard things and frustrating things.

I come to think about graduation,
the staff-san who still held me back and
the existence of the members who I spend my time with everyday,
the cheering words from all the fans in the handshake event,
my heart swung and wavered, but
after I consultated a lot with my family, I made up my mind to graduate from NMB48.
I take the responsibility to become a captain at the time of my return,
without knowing the reason at that time,
I became the captain of the 2nd generation, team M.
There is not a day where I’s stop worrying as a captain.
I continued to confront the troubles, but
I still have a strong desire that “I want to make team M to be a good team”

After this tour begin, once again
I could convince you that this team is a very wonderful team.

Even though I was really not like a captain, but everyone trusted me,
until now, I’m really thankful.
At the time of my return, Akimoto sensei
gave me the responsibility as the captain, I’m really thankful.

The truth is, I want to grown more in this tour.
There was a shuffle, but because this team M
has been overcome many obtacles until now,
because it has the really great members,
I think it will continue to shine wherever it go in the future.

All the fans who have been supporting me until now,
later on we won’t be able to see each other in the handshake event and the theater performance, I will be lonely, but
because I won’t give up on my dream and there’s a lot of things that I want to do from now on,
I will be very happy if you can watch over me in the future.

Thank you very much for everything so far

http://girls48.tumbl...ment-2014-02-27

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users