• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 cynthia

cynthia

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Warriors Orochi 3 is really great! I love it, It's better than DW7.
I prefer Dynasty Warriors but the characters of Samurai Warriors are good too.

110414020446392375.jpg

#82 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I was never a fan of the Orochi series, myself. The whole premise of the game is something of a turn-off for me.
I love Dynasty Warriors. I love Samurai Warriors. But I don't love demons ripping them all out of time and space so they can fight eachother.

And so, I haven't played any of them after the first game - unlike DW and SW, where I've played almost every game in the series.
Never played DW1 or 2. Or the handheld games. But still, I think that shows how much I didn't like Orochi 1. XD

#83 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

When it comes to Samurai Warriors, there are so many and after playing, I'm starting to wonder if some characters of DW and SW are made up to be extra characters in the games rather than actually a part of the history of Feudal Japan or Han Dynasty/Three Kingdoms.

Warriors Orochi is quite interesting but I understand what you mean about that, Dran. :) I've never played DW1 but DW2 is just so classic for me *__* It's the first DW and Koei game I played and I absolutely loved it.

By any chance, has anyone ever played Tactics or Kessen at all?

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#84 mochi.rini

mochi.rini

新垣 里沙...大好き!❤

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

^
Some characters, though they did exist in history, were definitely more exaggerated. I think most of the females never actually fought on the battlefield in actual ROTK history...but we all love to watch girls kick butt apparently lol

And then characters like Kunoichi from Samurai Warriors is based off of a rumor that Sanada Yukimura had hired a ninja. Kunoichi is basically a term for all female ninja :3

And I haven't played either :3 How's the gameplay in those?

---
I actually really liked the concept of Warriors Orochi. Kind of like how Dissidia Final Fantasy pulled everyone together and just had an epic bloodbath. It's a shame that it was executed pretty bad though. You play through the story modes once and there's still like a hundred characters that haven't even been touched. I tried to max out every character on Orochi 1, but it was just way too much repetition that it wasn't even enjoyable anymore. Maybe if each character had his or her own story mode, then it might be interesting...but that would take far too much effort for the company to wanna try and execute that idea XD

The original Dynasty Warriors looks so bad compared to what it's turned into. Though it must be quite sentimental for the earlier fans :3 Dynasty Warriors 2...I played that when I was really young, so I thought it was pretty tough lol ^_^; Especially since there were only so many saves you could do and I would use them all at the beginning :P It was pretty awesome though.

Samurai Warriors is awesome! :D My favorites are Mori Ranmaru, Oichi, and Toyotomi Hideyoshi :3

Hi~iiya!~ (>^ u ^)>Posted Image

I support T a k a G a k i

Risa picture Tumblr

Rini's blog \(^ - ^)/

#85 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, I've always wondered if they were actually part of history or played a small part, thanks for that :)

I only have the first Warriors Orochi but I wish there was more to do than just Musou :/ or maybe have more battles or be a DW5 Musou Mode of every character being played for 5 battles ^__^ I would like that!

I loved playing Ina (or Komatsuhime) the most but Kotaro Fuma scared the hell out of me the first time I saw him, he was like Samurai Warriors Lu Bu.

#86 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Actually, there were quite a lot of minor characters in the novel which were also completely fictional. Of course, most of them are just the generics you fight in DW and never really pay much attention to. Usually these were written in to the story as red shirts (if you'll excuse the Star Trek reference) and were often only mentioned once or twice before either being killed or simply forgotten.
Then, of course, there are a few more important characters which are likely fictional - such as Diaochan. It remains unclear whether she actually existed or not, but it's likely that, if she did, her name was not Diaochan.

As for SW characters, I think my favourite was also Mori Ranmaru. Shima Sakon was also kind of fun.
But yeah, it's quite easy to see a lot of equivolencies between DW and SW characters. Cao Cao and Oda Nobunaga are pretty similar, while Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada are also twinned. I always felt Lu Bu was twinned more with Honda Tadakatsu than Kotaro Fuma though.

#87 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

I feel like Koei just wanted to make some characters similar because of their historic background with SW and DW.

Who are you more scared of? Lu Bu or Kotaro Fuma?

#88 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Definitely Lu Bu. Beating him at Hu Lao is pretty damn difficult so early in the game. Usually it ends with me stealing Red Hare and running away, looking for health.

Actually, in the older games that wasn't even possible. I seem to remember that certain horses would throw you if you were too low level to ride them. Wonder why Koei did away with that mechanic.

#89 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Agreed especially in older versions like DW2 - 4. He seems to get easier especially when you play DW7. WO was a nightmare when I fought him and he chased me around the whole area without not once stopping >__<

Yeah, in DW3 you had to be a certain level to ride a horse. Like you'd start at 16 and make your way to 1 or Max, I think. Red Hare was like Lvl 1 for you to be on it. Did you like the way Red Hare was designed in DW7? A lot of people complained he looked like a monster but I loved it, the fire was exaggeration but still.

#90 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ah yeah. And it was like level 6 or something to ride Hex Mark. Man, you have a pretty impressive memory, HelloNyNy, remembering that old leveling system. :D

I'm not really a fan of the design for Red Hare. I can certainly see why people said it looked like a monster. The only officer who doesn't look stupid riding it is Lu Bu. Even Guan Yu, who was given Red Hare as a gift from Cao Cao, really didn't look right sitting on it.

#91 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Haha, just call me NyNy :D And DW3 was my favourite before I started playing DW5. I know pretty much most things in DW2/3, a bit skeptical on the future titles though. Yeah Guan Yu doesn't look good sitting on Red Hare if you ask me >__<

Right now, I'm still playing Conquest Mode. Already unlocked 3 cities and unlocked all animals. My favourites are the Panda and Tiger. I used to like the Falcon but it gets annoying afterwards.

#92 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ah. I haven't played DW7 in a while. Need to go back and finish that. Still haven't finished the Jin campaign yet, I think.

I have been playing DW7 Xtreme Legends a bit though. Kind of fun that they included some old maps from DW5 or whatever. Trouble is that I get bored of XL much faster than I do of DW7 or of DW6 Empires - and so can only really play in bursts of 2 or 3 missions before I stop for a day (or 30).

#93 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

You need to~ it's quite good. Yeah, that's why I haven't had Xtreme Legends since DW4. I prefer Empires or the original title.

#94 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Me too. Trouble is that I own Empires and DW7 both as 360 titles - and I can never be bothered turning that thing on. Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends, however, is the first game in the series since DW5 that I bought on the PS3.
Stupid, I know, as you unlock more challenges in XL if you can put the disc of the original game in, but the store only had PS3 version and, not counting PC, I'm more of a PS3 gamer these days than an Xbox one.

#95 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Why? D: I own a 360 but I guess you prefer PS3? I think XL annoyed me most of all because you need DW Cd before you could play XL.

#96 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yeah. I'm more of a PC Gamer these days, but when it comes to console gaming, I generally use my PS3 more than my 360.

You don't need DW to play XL. But you unlock more challenges, iirc, if you do have the CD. It's still possible to play the game on Musou mode without it.

#97 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Ah, I forgot! It's been a while I've played XL, as I said I haven't played it since XL but I wasn't too impressed.

#98 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just a question but is this the book?: http://www.amazon.co...=I3NNYIN1EIZ7ZO

And is this the picture of the front cover?
Posted Image

#99 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, that's the unabridged Moss Roberts translation - good choice!

#100 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Then I shall order it as soon as I have money (but I still have to finish the 4/5 books I have left) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users