• Please log in to reply
55120 replies to this topic

#21261 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well... Someone has to step up. It can't be 100% Riho covering up for Reina. Well, it could, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

I think Masaki can't really be counted as a "Reina replacement" until she takes all of her lines in older songs in concerts. If it was just Riho-Masaki lead, then I would say that she's basically covering for Reina, but there are others who are getting a decent amount of lines too.

Besides, I think from the recent two Reina-less performances that they'll be splitting her lines pretty evenly.

#21262 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I like the song. I love that vocaloid sample that they use in the beginning, kind of like in Kikka's songs.

Am I crazy, or did I hear a lot of Zukki in the duet lines?

Yeah, I love when she gets duet lines. They sound like solos.

#21263 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I did colour-coded romaji. Feel free to correct me.
And does anyone else agree with me about the eyecatch thing I mentioned?
Spoiler

#21264 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the lyrics and colour-coding! :) I hope that little snippet isn't part of the other A-side, I don't really like the sound of it...

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#21265 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Again, this is what I was talking about with trying to focus on wanting people to get more lines rather than people getting less.

Maachan gets a lot of lines.  That's awesome.  Does she get the entire song?  No.  Does she get appreciably more than anyone else?  Not really.  There are a few people who notably don't get to sing as much as I would personally like... but that doesn't mean it's time to go on a quest to find a new person to drink haterade from.  At that point you're just lying to yourself about it being about "equal lines" and you're trying to pretend you're not saying "my favorite gets lines".  I know that hurts but it doesn't mean the song is unfair.

And don't get me wrong - it's fine to want your favorite to get lines.  I ache personally at how underused my favorites are...  but I'm not about to begin to say this line distribution is uneven/wrong/skewed because of it.  There are 3/4 A side leads who all seem to pull equal duty, and 2 B side leads, with the majority of song sung in chorus.  Saying this line distribution is uneven is kind of facetious.  Not everyone can be a lead all the time but this does a fairly good job of shifting some of that around.

#21266 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Aside from the fact that this speech came out of nowhere, I think you're not quite sure what some of the words you use actually mean.

#21267 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

^There was a rant on Tumblr. I figured it might be from there?

#21268 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'd like to see this rant. Do you have a link?

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#21269 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Wasn't it a response to this?

Yeah, I liked the dance in general, but some of it seemed recycled from Kimi Sae.

I'm also sort of frustrated that Masaki is clearly being marketed as the Reina replacement. I was hoping this would be a chance for everyone to get a fair shot at lines but lol, I shouldn't have expected something so ambitious.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#21270 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

I don't think Masaki is a Reina replacement and to be honest I don't think there is any member that will be promoted to become Reina's takeover. The girls bring their own qualities to the group. There may be a member that will be pushed to the front like Reina has in her career but they won't be moulded to be an actual Reina clone. It's like Takahashi Ai was an ace and had a lot of lines during her time as a member and Riho is now the ace of the current line up, but they are completely two different girls XD

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#21271 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

The line distribution was mostly what I was expecting, except there was considerably less Ayumi than I thought there was going to be, but I imagine she will be more heavily featured on the other A-side. I don't see them using Masaki as a Reina replacement really, except for the color change on that one magazine shoot XD I guess they both have a very idol voice. She's more featured I guess, but it was a good balance between her, Riho, Mizuki and Sakura. I expect to see less of her on the other A-side in much the same way she was not as prominent in Kimi Sae. 

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#21272 NightOfFire’21

NightOfFire’21

Peacemaker

• Senpai
  • 4066 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, the line distribution is pretty good in Ai no Gundan, it's completely different from the Ai/Reina formula of before, so I think it's something worthy of note

#21273 Afya'15

Afya'15

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

I think it is a good time to walk away from the two-girl-lead setup we had for years. I don't think we need a reina replacement. Currently no one sing in Reina's level, so why one single replacement?

#21274 AitorKamei

AitorKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5940 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

We should open our minds about the future of MoMusu. It may be completely different from what we're used to.

32ziadw.jpg

MM: Sato Masaki, Ogata Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura ; ºC: Okai Chisato;

A: Sasaki Rikako,Wada Ayaka, Katsuta Rina ; J=J: Uemura Akari & Kanazawa Tomoko. CGs: Shimamura Uta; KF: Hirose Ayaka, Taguchi Natsumi; TF: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno

#21275 ichibanb

ichibanb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm loving the dance, one of their best to date!  The song isn't bad either, although it took till about the 2nd half of the song before it really started to grab me.    I've only watched it once so far but that was enough for me to think this one is gonna be another winner! :)  My only complaint is it seems just a tad too long.

#21276 Dalvron'20

Dalvron'20

Looking back, moving forward

• Senpai
  • 2773 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

We should open our minds about the future of MoMusu. It may be completely different from what we're used to.

True that, and I think it will actually be pretty great. Tsunku's got plenty of talent he can work with, the time is perfect for a change in structure and leave behind the days of the 2 leads + a lot of backup singers. This time we have 3 leads in the song (though Riho and Sakura sang more than Mizuki) plus Masaki (who got prominent solos but not really those many), and four girls fronting the dance. By the way, this was the type of dance I was expecting for Kimi sae... Hopefully it won't be too tiring for the girls when they perform the song live.

#21277 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'm loving the dance, one of their best to date!  The song isn't bad either, although it took till about the 2nd half of the song before it really started to grab me.    I've only watched it once so far but that was enough for me to think this one is gonna be another winner! :)  My only complaint is it seems just a tad too long.

Long? It's about the same length as everything from 123 on  :o Only You, Kono Chikyuu and Renai Hunter are all almost 5 minutes long.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#21278 ichibanb

ichibanb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Long? It's about the same length as everything from 123 on  :o Only You, Kono Chikyuu and Renai Hunter are all almost 5 minutes long.

Yeah, I thought those were a bit long too. heh.  However, I still really liked them. :)

#21279 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

The line distribution was mostly what I was expecting, except there was considerably less Ayumi than I thought there was going to be, but I imagine she will be more heavily featured on the other A-side. I don't see them using Masaki as a Reina replacement really, except for the color change on that one magazine shoot XD I guess they both have a very idol voice. She's more featured I guess, but it was a good balance between her, Riho, Mizuki and Sakura. I expect to see less of her on the other A-side in much the same way she was not as prominent in Kimi Sae. 

Ayumin still had a really prominent position in the video which is something I'm glad to see.

I think if they switch it up with prominent video people and prominent song people blending out the group it'd be great.  Ikuta doesn't sing much but her voice is still strengthening so I wasn't surprised to not hear much of her and Iikubo.  Of course I'd like 80% more Duu (I freely admit I'm biased) so the song's a bit bitter sweet... I want to hear my oshi :) but all and all I'm glad to see the girls take a more "group" stance averse to a "soloist/backup' stance.

As far as how things are broken up... I think Osaka Koi no Uta's a good example.  You have three different leads, two girls who get a B side, and more lines distributed through the group.  Tweaking along those lines (a bit more lines amongst the "chorus" girl section) I think that's my personal favorite division. 

I also like how this song is lower in tone than some previous songs.  Less squeaky.  But I'm not a fan of the high pitched S/Mileage style even when their voices support it for a full tone like Meimi's or Kanyons.  Sans Reina and Eri, MoMusu has been a mezzo range and personally that's my favorite.  I'm not 100% on the song yet though it's pleasant.  I can see the idea of Kimi Sae that people are saying but I think they're more spiritual successors.

I like the electronica though I'm also fine if MoMusu were to try a completely new style again.  If Platinum Musume's basis was R&B pop then Colorful Musume seem to be electronica.  Though I'd like them to just try something new and weird like metal or jazz or big band or salsa again,  :)  too

#21280 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

First thing in my head when they did the dance formations

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai