• Please log in to reply
55120 replies to this topic

#53441 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

After that, they talk about formation dancing and how everyone has their spot in every song. Also, they talk about how they all have to remember the lyrics of every song before recording a new single, because every member records the whole song and it's decided later on who gets which part. It's like an audition every time. 

Thats really interesting! Thanks!

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#53442 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

[quote name="ajma93632" post="2134103" timestamp="1566033006"]

I think that made sense until 2015, when members graduated by the end of the year and debuted at the beginning of the year, but by having more graduations and debuts in the middle of the year it makes lose the purpose. /quote]

Yes, this exactly. With mid year lineup changes, the numbers lose their stated purpose.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#53443 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

H!P Hina Fes 2019 DISC 1 - H!P 20th Anniversary!! Premium
Part 1: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7gjpd2
Part 2: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7gjjgz
Part 3: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7gjjgy

#53444 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

Not only does the number mark the year/the members but it also reminds us that it’s the Morning Musume that isn’t 100% produced by Tsunku.
Tbh I wouldn’t trust H!P to keep it as TWO ZERO even if it has been until now.
It’s a new decade, a new era, but also their only previous experience with a number in the twenties is Renai Revolution 21 - Maybe in two years time it’ll be Morning Musume TWENTY ONE....

(Plus they’re experimenting a lot so who knows, we might get something totally new like Morning Musume REIWA 2ND YEAR or BRAND NEW MORNING or something lmao.)

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#53445 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

It’s a new decade, a new era, but also their only previous experience with a number in the twenties is Renai Revolution 21 - Maybe in two years time it’ll be Morning Musume TWENTY ONE....

Do not forget 21 seiki (21st century), the side B in LOVE Machine single. One of the best unknown songs from Morning Musume.

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#53446 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Not only does the number mark the year/the members but it also reminds us that it’s the Morning Musume that isn’t 100% produced by Tsunku.

tbf Tsunku was the MM producer when the group started changing its numerical suffix yearly back in '14. He was the overall group producer until Toki wo Koe / Password is Zero. He did have a say with the year-added-to-the-name scheme.

Untitled-1.jpg

#53447 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

With all the reverence Japanese have for the New Year you would think lineup changes would revolve around it. That way the naming scheme would be even more of a handy landmark. But, what if a member is like, "I need to graduate ASAP"? Management says, "okay, in three months' time", whenever that may fall.

#53448 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

I seem to remember reading that even in 2014, he wasn't heavily involved anymore actually?

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#53449 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:44 AM

I seem to remember reading that even in 2014, he wasn't heavily involved anymore actually?

He was the one who presented the change.  He even said that they might get tired of doing it and go back to the plain name.

#53450 da1suk1day0

da1suk1day0

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

Ayumin and Maria appeared last night on Downtown DX 

What was Downtown, Maria & Ayumin taking about?

I only skipped through it to watch the parts when they were talking, but from what I understand, they first talk about Maria's underpants  ^^;  because another artist started talking about how he never wears them or something like that. Maria tells a story about her kindergarden years when she used to wear beige pants and it would looks like she didn't wear anything at all, so she got embarassed when other kids saw her and she stopped that. The older lady than explained that her underpants are beige as well, but everyone acted like they didn't want to know that.  XD

After that, they talk about formation dancing and how everyone has their spot in every song. Also, they talk about how they all have to remember the lyrics of every song before recording a new single, because every member records the whole song and it's decided later on who gets which part. It's like an audition every time. 

The topics I saw in the version I watched (it was kind of cut off in the beginning) were "quirks I have for concerts/recordings" and "how OO (their famous song) was born." Marty Friedman (Megadeth) said his quirk was he doesn't wear underwear during his concerts to get "a different feel from rehearsals," which led to the underwear talk. Haha. The older lady, Mori Masako (60, enka/kayoukyoku artist retiring at the end of the year after a comeback in the early 2010's) threw her comment in for funsies (cause she's actually a riot). (Sidebar facts from the show: Mori Masako mentions she uses curtains to block the recording booth so no one can watch; Kawai Fumito [A.B.C-Z] talked about the different ways Johnny's members would do their pre-show circle, imitating Kimura Takuya and Matsumoto Jun in the process; and Fujimaki Ryota mentioned 3月9日 was written for a friend's wedding and meant to be a wedding song [versus a graduation song], while Mori Masako's Okaasan's lyrics were taken from her diary.)

Kiyoharu mentioned that for the most part, he doesn't remember his lyrics, which is why Ishida Ayumi brought up that forgetting lyrics is impossible because they are given only so much. For the formation dance, they explained that the numbers are separated by 90 cm (3 feet-ish), and that because they have so many members and can't necessarily line up single-file on a stage, the formation dances pretty much ensure each member is seen clearly. :)

Personal Twitter: @justin__kanda

Translation Twitter: @JPN_ENG_Kanda

Music Talk Twitter: @jkandamusicbana

http://www.justinkanda.com

I've been a member here for forever, but I'm posting now that I see my translations are useful. Haha.

#53451 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:42 PM

For anyone who’s interested unpublished photos from Maa-chan and Sakura’s Monthly Hello photoshoots that featured in Weekly Famitsu last year are going to included in the next Hello!Project x Famitsu visual photobook “Hello-tsu PHOTOBOOK (1)” which will be released on sale on October 5th:

Kamikokuryou%20Moe,%20Kishimoto%20Yumeno

https://twitter.com/...842251714883584

https://twitter.com/...840723427942400

Fans can get one of these 2 photos of Maa-chan and Sakura as a bonus if they purchase the photobook via the Odyssey Publishing Official Shop on elineupmall:

Sato%20Masaki-870345.jpg

Oda%20Sakura-870341.jpg

#53452 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

Ayumin and Maria appeared last night on Downtown DX 

What was Downtown, Maria & Ayumin taking about?

I only skipped through it to watch the parts when they were talking, but from what I understand, they first talk about Maria's underpants  ^^;  because another artist started talking about how he never wears them or something like that. Maria tells a story about her kindergarden years when she used to wear beige pants and it would looks like she didn't wear anything at all, so she got embarassed when other kids saw her and she stopped that. The older lady than explained that her underpants are beige as well, but everyone acted like they didn't want to know that.  XD

The topics I saw in the version I watched (it was kind of cut off in the beginning) were "quirks I have for concerts/recordings" and "how OO (their famous song) was born." Marty Friedman (Megadeth) said his quirk was he doesn't wear underwear during his concerts to get "a different feel from rehearsals," which led to the underwear talk. Haha. The older lady, Mori Masako (60, enka/kayoukyoku artist retiring at the end of the year after a comeback in the early 2010's) threw her comment in for funsies (cause she's actually a riot). (Sidebar facts from the show: Mori Masako mentions she uses curtains to block the recording booth so no one can watch; Kawai Fumito [A.B.C-Z] talked about the different ways Johnny's members would do their pre-show circle, imitating Kimura Takuya and Matsumoto Jun in the process; and Fujimaki Ryota mentioned 3月9日 was written for a friend's wedding and meant to be a wedding song [versus a graduation song], while Mori Masako's Okaasan's lyrics were taken from her diary.)

Kiyoharu mentioned that for the most part, he doesn't remember his lyrics, which is why Ishida Ayumi brought up that forgetting lyrics is impossible because they are given only so much. For the formation dance, they explained that the numbers are separated by 90 cm (3 feet-ish), and that because they have so many members and can't necessarily line up single-file on a stage, the formation dances pretty much ensure each member is seen clearly. :)

Oh, thank you for the more detailed translation.  ^_^

(That was the guitarist of Megadeth?! I would have never guessed. I didn't know he spoke Japanese fluently... thought he was just some random white guy on the show.  :ph34r: After looking him up, I know now he's been popular in Japan. How awesome  :omg:  )

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#53453 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

More subbed 15th gen lessons(CC) :good:

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#53454 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

^ All the subbed and translated content lately is so wonderful.  :sob:

In regards to Ayumi's comments, I think it's pretty easy to understand where she's coming from just by watching Homare's audition footage. She's all lanky arms and legs thanks to puberty. Besides just growing into her body, I'm sure building up more muscle will help her a ton (just like it did Iikubo, etc).

(That was the guitarist of Megadeth?! I would have never guessed. I didn't know he spoke Japanese fluently... thought he was just some random white guy on the show.  :ph34r: After looking him up, I know now he's been popular in Japan. How awesome  :omg:  )

He's pretty well known as an idol fan (among other things, of course), he was co-host/frequent contributor on the show "Idol Otakarakuji" and has collaborated with some idols - and in regards to H!P, he's talked about Tsunku a few times in the past, and he played the guitar part for °C-ute's song "Jounetsu Ecstasy" from their "℃maj9" album (you can see his recording session in this episode of "MUSIC+".)

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#53455 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

Thanks so much for the translated videos! It makes it easier to get attached to the new girls ♥ Homare's voice is soooo cute! 

MRkgm6i.png

#53456 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

Is it true the 15ki performed with the rest of Momusu this weekend for the first time?

#53457 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

:good:

Hello_Project-870774.jpg

24時間テレビ&コンサート☆譜久村聖

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#53458 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

Not sure how long these will stay up for but if anyone is interested in watching them here’s some video clips featuring Mizuki, Sakura, Chii-chan, Kaedii, and Yokoyan from Hello!Project DVD Magazine Volume 63:

https://www.nicovide...atch/sm35474074

https://www.nicovide...atch/sm35563093

#53459 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

Is it true the 15ki performed with the rest of Momusu this weekend for the first time?

I *think* they did. In Rio's thread, it was said the 15th gen performed with the rest of the group, but for some reason, I think they did one song with the whole group, and not sure if they performed the whole concert.

MRkgm6i.png

#53460 simplemindead'19

simplemindead'19

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1307 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:21 AM

Prior to the 24th the new members only performed in the last songs, where H!P performed as a whole. Ai no Gundan is performed by all of H!P. They didn't perform with their respective groups during single group performances. Starting from the 24th 15th gen started performing in MM songs where it's just MM performing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users