• Please log in to reply
5262 replies to this topic

#5141 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

I am going to miss Mai, although many people didn't like her voice I really enjoyed listening to her sing.

It was a pleasure to see her at their final concert <3 Good luck in your future.

I want to see a 2017 version when the DVD is released.

#5142 RaiiHeartGKM

RaiiHeartGKM

Crazy C-ute Fangirl ♥

• Senpai
  • 1507 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

If it was about her voice, I don't think it's necessary to quit being a public figure altogether. She could've gone to fashion-inclined industries or even modelling (which does not involve singing). I think it's her personal choice to really step away from the spotlight. I do hope she returns after a few years though.

OVh3oXQ.png

C-ute 最高 ♥ Maimi NakkyAiriChisaMai ♥ 

#5143 otaku2009

otaku2009

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

Why she have to hide her face now ? I know she retired from show biz but come on when it's on instagram there is no management restrictions..

#5144 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

I don't know.

Let me repeat that, I don't know.

But, I'm going to guess anyway.

Now the other members' instagram accounts are part of a commercial enterprise that does not involve or include Hagiwara.  If, hypothetically, somebody proved that Hagiwara's face was driving some portion of the traffic it would be trouble.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#5145 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Why she have to hide her face now ? I know she retired from show biz but come on when it's on instagram there is no management restrictions..

My guess is because Mai herself doesn't want to appear in a public format - she left the entertainment world for a reason. She no longer wants to be a public figure and instead wants to be a normal girl. In Japan when they want to hide people's identities they will cover the eyes and not the whole face - which is why Chisato likes using such filters with Mai. It's no different then when the girls post photos of family or school friend and they cover them with stickers.

I think the reason they tag Mai when she is taking the photos or is behind the camera is so fans don't think they aren't talking to her anymore. The girls want to show they are all still close to each other and still hang out.

#5146 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

She is only 21, but she has been in the focus since 6. After 15 years you can understand she wants a little relax. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#5147 kbidols

kbidols

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

She did not hid her face in this photo though:

https://www.instagra.../p/BVes0c8lII3/

19122096_1942280182676071_67998652374712

BERRYZ RULE THE WORLD!!!

#5148 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

^ Chisa's hash tags on that photo explain they can only show Mai's face in old photos. Meaning any photos or videos they took before June 12 of Mai they can post freely but any photos or videos taken from June 12 onward must have Mai's face blocked out.

#5149 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

when you think about it, she spent 3/4th of her life being an idol... and she's still younger than Ayacho and Honey. It's a mild surprise she's gone from the entertainment business, but maybe she just wants to try something brand new.

#5150 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

I don't think it's much because she wants to hide herself. I think it's because it's not the girls' personal instagram. It's through Up Front as you can see on their nicks.

#5151 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

Mai said before the grad that she doesn't want to hide herself and not be shown (using Kamei as an example), however she probably doesn't have a say in whether they cover her up or not. The company does.

Then again, Maiha has been proven to make that request to be covered, whereas other former H!P/UF members have allowed it, especially recently. So I'm not sure how it work exactly. Maybe Mai decided that for now she would rather be covered.

#5152 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Hagi-King!

I8dtEOy.gif

#5153 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

So I read in Airi's thread that Mai is going overseas?  Any specifics, or are they keeping a lid on it other than "overseas/abroad"?

Also, what I'm reading here is that she's out of the biz for good?  Or am I misunderstanding?  Thanks.

#5154 otaku2009

otaku2009

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Chisato showed Mai face without stamp on her instagram story today ( it seems like face block ended) ! She looks pretty as usual.

#5155 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Some final concert pics of MaiMai that I don't think have been shared here yet.

You can still vote for C-ute and Momochi in the 2017 H!O General Election:

http://www.hello-onl...-election-2017/

wqWSpuV.jpg

boQGw0L.jpg

It0hegp.jpg

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#5156 loser-ish

loser-ish

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

I actually miss her so much. Even if she comes back as a tv personality, I will still follow her because she is an interesting person. My oshi.

I was watching a video with Mai doing her makeup and the amount of mascaras she has is shocking ! I wish they did this before she graduated, just to see how she changed her makeup routine and if she still uses so many mascara's :D

#5157 The-OtakH!P

The-OtakH!P

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

What's the current statut about Maimai-chan and her activities ? Did she have concret project ?

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

1498590307-kaedysignaturebanner.png

<3 KAGA IS LOVE ! KAEDY IS LIFE - The-OtakH!P  <3 

#5158 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

^
I'm afraid not. Hagiwara retired from show business entirely when ℃-ute disbanded

For example, look at
http://helloproject.com/
She is not listed on the bottom right with the other former H!P members that still do stuff, nor in the M-Line fan club.

She may return to show business some day (like Fukuda Asuka, or Kago Ai) but right now she is not a public personality.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#5159 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

Happy Birthday MaiMai! Wherever you are, I hope you're doing well.  <3

I8dtEOy.gif

#5160 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai