753 replies to this topic

#681 sushiboy

sushiboy

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

<3
KARA is getting back to normal while there are still ongoing negotiations on their contract. :good:

Recent KARA news below!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

KARA to revive their Korean schedule
February 8, 2011

After returning to their Japanese schedules last week, KARA has announced that they’ll be
tending to their Korean activities as well, starting with leader Park Gyuri’s attendance
at the “Alpha & Omega” press conference on February 10th.

After meeting with DSP Media on January 27th, the group decided to fulfill the commitments
they’ve made prior to the dispute. The continuation of the team, as well as the status of the
lawsuit, will be discussed at a later date.

On February 8th, a representative confirmed, “Gyuri will be attending the interview at the press
conference on the 10th.“ The girls will also be participating in fan signings, CF recordings, and
many other activities over the coming weeks.

Article source: allkpop

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

KARA Will Continue as Five [Updated]

The members of KARA have finally released a statement regarding their unity as a group.

Recently a new message has been uploaded to their official fansite. There they left the following message.

Everyone,

Thank you so much for always supporting KARA.
During this time, we’ve caused everyone to worry a lot.
We, KARA, will continue to do our best from now on as 5 members.
Thank you so much for all the love you’ve given us.
Please look after KARA in the future.
From all of KARA

The members of KARA have also returned to Japan in order to continue with the filming of 'URAKARA' that was
suspended because their problems with the company.

Also all of them have also been at a studio in Seoul on January 31. Apparently they were there shooting the jacket
for their next Japanese single, which is scheduled for release in March.

With all these good news it looks like the problems are finally over so all their fans can stop being worried.

Article source: gokpop

<3

KARA’s popularity in Japan soars despite recent controversy
February 4, 2011

Ever since KARA returned to Japan as all five this week, the Japanese media has been hot on their trail.

The girls were bombarded by media attention immediately upon their arrival and followed them throughout
their drama schedule for “URAKARA,” as well as their third single jacket album photoshoot.

Fuji TV even went as far as to follow the girls to their “URAKARA” film set, which is exceptional in itself since
the drama is broadcast by their rival network, TV Tokyo. The network risked giving media exposure to the
other network in order to report on their day-to-day activities as well as minor details like their plane seating list.

One news program nicknamed the arrival of KARA and the attention they’ve garnered as the “KARA Phenomenon,”
which is a term that hasn’t been used since the legendary Hallyu star, Bae Yong Joon.

On the “URAKARA” episode broadcast on February 4th, the girls gave a short message for their fans stating,
“We’ll be promoting in Japan into the future, so please look forward to us.”

Meanwhile, it was found that Seungyeon and Jiyoung’s parents accompanied the girls on their trip, and although
they were revealed to be monitoring the girls’ activities, DSP Media added that they were not going on set with the girls.

Article source:allkpop

<3

Jiyoung’s dad addresses KARA controversy during a Japanese interview
February 9, 2011

Posted Image

During an interview with Japan’s FujiTV, Jiyoung’s father addressed rumors of strained
relations between the KARA members. He reassured, “There is no disagreement among members.”

Jiyoung’s father was referring to reports which asserted that on February 4th, KARA’s leader, Gyuri,
sat in a different row apart from the other members during their flight to Japan. When asked, “By chance,
are there problems among members?”, he answered, “It’s definitely not that. When reserving the seats,
things just coincidentally ended up that way. Rumors of disagreement are definitely false.”

He added, “Gyuri is also my daughter, Hara is also my daughter”, emphasizing that there are no problems
of the members’ relationship to him.

As for the contract dispute, Jiyoung’s father said, “This is not a situation caused by our greed and selfishness.
This didn’t happen because of the parents’ greed for money. The root cause is the broken trust in the agency.
However, I don’t think this is the right time to talk about these matters because we are still in the midst of
discussing the issues.”

To conclude, Jiyoung’s father stated: “KARA will continue to work hard. We will forever do activities as KARA.
Forever KARA obviously means with all five members. This is because fans want KARA to be together as five.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8zvB8cwKk

<3

KARA’s Jiyoung reveals her family portraits
February 9, 2011

Posted Image

KARA’s maknae Kang Jiyoung revealed her family portraits through a Japanese TV program.

On February 7th, Fuji TV aired an interview with Jiyoung’s dad, and her family portraits were introduced
through the segment. The photos reveal that Jiyoung’s family consists of her parents, two older sisters,
and two puppies.

Viewers immediately commented on how Jiyoung’s mother looked so young, and how the girls in the
family were all beauties: ”The three girls all look so pretty”, “The mom looks so young. She looks like
she’s the oldest sister”, “The family has good genes“.

View video in above article.

<3

KARA to release “Jet Coaster Love” in March
February 9, 2011

Posted Image

Despite the troubles KARA has been facing over the past few weeks, the group released
a CM in Japan for aesthetics company TBC. The song featured in the CM, “Jet Coaster Love,“
is an upbeat tune which urges the listener to “fall in love” and it’s been announced that this
song will be released as an official single.

KARA will be releasing the new single on March 23rd and the coupling song for the single will
be, “Ima、Okuritai 「Arigatou」” which is a theme song for the drama URAKARA. KARA’s new
single will be released in three different editions, 1 regular edition and 2 limited editions. The
regular edition will feature a bonus track, “S.O.S(Army Slick’s 2011 bavtronic mix)” which is used
as the opening song for URAKARA and a Lotte Ghana Milk Chocolate commercial. The Limited
Edition A will come with a DVD with the upcoming “Jet Coaster Love” promotional video and the
Limited Edition B will come with a photo book. Additionally, KARA will be releasing a video clip
collection titled “KARA BEST CLIPS” on February 23rd.

Regular Edition [CD]

Release Date: 03/23/11

Price: 1980 yen (Approximately 15.00USD)

<Tracks>
01. Jet Coaster Love
02. Ima、Okuritai 「Arigatou」
03. Jet Coaster Love (Instrumental)
04. Ima、Okuritai 「Arigatou」(Instrumental)
05. S.O.S(Army Slick’s 2011 bavtronic mix)

Limited Edition A [CD+DVD]

Release Date: 03/23/11

Price: 1980 yen (Approximately 24.00USD)

<Tracks>
01. Jet Coaster Love

Limited Edition B [CD+Photo Book]

Release Date: Release Date: 03/23/11

Price: 1600 yen (Approximately 20.00USD)

<Tracks>
01. Jet Coaster Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbLQSrWCRg

Article source: tokyohive

<3

Kara's Success on the Japanese Oricon Charts
February 9, 2011

The girl group, Kara, is not only successful in Korea but also in Japan where they are still in the
top 5 of the Oricon Charts.

Kara released their most recent album titled "Girl's Talk" in Japan on 24th November 2010. It has
been 11 weeks now since it's on sale and it's currently ranking the same as in its week of release
in the Oricon Charts. It jumped just recently from the 4th to the 2nd spot.

"Girl's Talk" has been in the top 5 of the Oricon Charts now for already 5 weeks. The last foreign
artists to do this was the trio of O-ZONE with their album, "DISCO-ZONE ~Koi no MAIHAI~", about
5 years ago.
That means that the Korean girl group, Kara, broke the record of 5 years ranking the longest in the
top 5 as a non-Japanese artist.

Kara's "Girl's Talk" has sold a total of 313,000 copies, 16,000 of them just in this week. Destiny's
Child was the last foreign female group to pass the "300,000 copies barrier" with their album
"Number 1's" (2005).

Kara is currently recording for their Japanese mini-drama titled "URAKARA".

Article source: gokpop

<3

Posted Image

Kara's Best Clips DVD will be released February 23, 2011. The DVD is available for purchase at yesasia.com

The DVD will consist of eight music videos.

<In Japanese>

Mister
Jumpin’

<In Korean>

Jumpin’
Lupin
Wanna
Honey
Pretty Girl
Rock U

Two different versions of the DVD are being released. A “Regular Edition” and a “Limited Edition”
that will include a bonus DVD of interviews with the members (will have Japanese subtitle).

Each version will have a different cover jacket as well.

Posted Image
Regular Edition

Posted Image
Limited Edition

Posted Image

Posted Image

#682 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

I must hear a full preview from the new Kara single before I know if I like it or not ^^
and I want a Kara Best Clips collection ;_; ahhh....

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#683 sushiboy

sushiboy

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

KARA is still rockin' the Oricon charts and making Music History. Posted Image

Even after 3 months of release, KARA's album "Girl's Talk" continues to make noise. Posted Image

"Girl's Talk" has captured No.1 once again on the Oricon Daily Album Chart for February 11, 2011. Posted Image

What an amazing feat for the girls. KARA's popularity in Japan just continues to grow and grow. :coool:

Read the News below!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

KARA’s “Girl’s Talk” back on top of Oricon
February 12, 2011

Posted Image

Back in November, Korean girl group KARA released their first Japanese original album
“Girl’s Talk” and the album was quite popular, topping the Oricon daily and weekly charts
and selling over 107,000 copies in the first week.

Since then, the album received a platinum certification from RIAJ, and the album has sold
over 300,000 copies to date. The last foreign female group to surpass 300,000 sales was
Destiny’s Child with “#1’s” over 5 years ago in 2005.

Despite the recent turmoil with DSP over their contracts, the girls are still quite popular in
Japan as earlier today the Oricon daily album chart revealed that KARA’s “Girl’s Talk” was
back on top after being released nearly 12 weeks ago! The girls took first place by selling
2,249 units which is quite impressive after being released so long ago, congratulations to
the girls.

Posted Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

Gyuri answers questions about KARA at “Alpha and Omega” conference
February 10, 2011

Posted Image

On February 10th, KARA’s Park Gyuri attended the press conference for “Alpha and Omega“,
and addressed the inevitable questions about her group’s controversy.

She began by stating, “No matter how difficult it became, I felt that I could withstand anything as
long as I believed in myself and people continued to love and believe in me. I’m really apologetic
towards the people who worried so much, and I’ll be repaying that by working harder to show an
improved image.”

Gyuri continued, “I’m planning to promote extra hard as all five, and because our fans believe in
us so much, I promise to not disappoint you. For now, I’m just so very sorry to the people who
worried. So, so very sorry, and repaying that is my priority. We promise to become a KARA that
works hard.”

Posted Image

Gyuri was asked when KARA would officially return to their Korean activities, to which she replied,
“If the fans want it, we will return whenever.”

She also addressed the rumors of discord when a reporter brought it up. “Honestly, there are no
problems between us members, so we do not pay attention to the discord rumors. All of us have
good relationships.”

Moving on to her actual dubbing role for “Alpha and Omega,” Gyuri revealed, “I was once a child
actress, so I acted first before I became a singer. I’ve always wanted to try acting if the opportunity
should arise. Whether it’s a drama, or just dubbing, acting itself is so charming to me. Even as a
singer, I go on stage thinking that I will be acting.”

“Alpha and Omega” will be released on February 24th.

Article source:allkpop

<3

Goo Hara's old shopping mall photographs revealed
February 11, 2011

Posted Image

Although there has been quite a controversy surrounding KARA these days, the situation
is slowly resolving. Earlier today, member Goo Hara's past photos were revealed. Before
debuting with KARA, she was a model for an online shopping mall.

Recently, online portal sites have rediscovered her modeling photos. In the photos, Hara
appears to be laughing, showing a youthful charm. Netizens' opinions have been rather
varied. Some of the comments include things like, "She looks young and beautiful", "She
looked perfect in the photos", and "She doesn't really look any different from now."

Check out a couple of her past modeling photos below. What do you think, is there a
difference in her appearance now?

Article source: koreaboo

<3

KARA returns to Korea amidst airport chaos
February 13, 2011

Posted Image

On the evening of February 13th, all five KARA members returned to Korea via Kimpo Airport
after filming in Japan for their new drama, “URAKARA“.

Their schedule had eased up for a little while, so they decided to come back to Korea for 2-3
days before heading back to Japan. Unfortunately, the girls were immediately ambushed by
the media as soon as they appeared in the arrival hall; it’s said that there was much pushing
and shoving before the girls safely reached their vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzfgvBZDbw

Because of the high media interest revolving around the girls’ unresolved controversy, it seems
that their agency, DSP Media, opted to keep KARA’s activities low-key for now. According to the
agency’s representative, KARA’s domestic schedules for the next 2-3 days are still being coordinated.

The representative revealed, “No schedule has been confirmed as of yet, but I am not sure how
the domestic schedules will be organized.”

Member Park Gyuri had previously returned to Korea on the 10th for a press conference of her upcoming
animated movie, “Alpha & Omega“. During the conference, she addressed the rumors of her being a ‘loner’.
“It’s not true. We are all getting along well – to the point that the fact that I need to even explain is funny.” It
was revealed that she returned to Japan that night after finishing all her schedules.

For more photos go to

<3

Here's another video of KARA's arrival at the airport.

<3

Here is a news report video preview for "Jet Coaster Love".
:good:

KARA - Jet Coaster Love New JAPANESE single (Preview) [110213]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzE9E5jUy5M

Posted Image

#684 Charlo

Charlo

◦kanabanana◦

• Senpai
  • 3205 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

OMG, those poor girls looked terrified. :S

NMB48ぱすぽ☆MMJAKB48SHINee2NE1
Posted Image
♥ Voted Aika's greatest fan 2011! ♥

#685 sushiboy

sushiboy

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

It seems the contract negotiations for Nicole, Seungyeon and Jiyoung have not gone well and they will

resume their lawsuit against DSP. Looks like we are entering Round 2 of the KARA dispute. <_<

KARA News below!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon, & Jiyoung formally file a lawsuit against DSP Media
February 14, 2011

The contract termination dispute between KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung against DSP Media
has escalated into a legal battle.

On February 14th, representatives of the three members filed a lawsuit against DSP Media, asking the
Seoul Central District Court to confirm that their three exclusive contracts were invalid. They also claimed
that their incomes were not distributed fairly.

Through their head representative, the three members of KARA stated, “Without prior compromise, the
agency deducted promotional fees from our income without our consent, which is classified under
embezzlement. From January through June of 2010, we brought in $410,000 USD in income, while the
promotional expenses amounted to $390,000 USD. The expenses are abnormally excessive.”

They continued, “Even when ‘Lupin‘ was at its highest point in popularity, DSP Media only paid $860 USD
per member for a total of six months. The $140 USD that we were paid a month is unfair compared to the
income that we brought in.”

Landmark previously sent notice to DSP Media regarding the termination of the three contracts on January 19th.
Although the members resumed their scheduled activities, the two parties were not able to come to an
agreement during their repeated attempts at reconciliation over the course of 25 days.

The dispute’s escalation into a legal battle has caught both fans and industry representatives off guard, and
many are speculating about what this could mean for KARA as a unit of five.

A representative of DSP Media spoke through Sports Today and stated, “We’re shocked. We met several times,
but it is true that the dispute went back to first base with each discussion. But because of their ‘URAKARA‘ filming
in Japan, we agreed to speak with their parents upon their return. Now that we found out that they filed a lawsuit,
we’re just shocked. First of all, we will be having a meeting within our company first before releasing further statements.”

The representative also told Star News, “Their head representative claimed that the girls only received $860 USD
per member for six months of their ‘Lupin’ promotions, but that is truly ridiculous. We deducted six months worth
of their entire promotional expenses from the profits made off of their album sales. Thus, we did not deduct anything
from their promotions in other areas such as CFs. Unlike what the three are claiming, we paid them a larger sum,
but they’re claiming as if we’ve embezzled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

KARA’s trio to hold a press conference this week
February 14, 2011

KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon and Jiyoung filed a lawsuit against DSP Media earlier today, and it was revealed that
they will be holding a press conference by February 15th at the earliest to state their stand.

A representative stated, “On the 15th or 16th, representatives of the three members will be holding a press
conference and announce their positions in a more detailed fashion.”

The attendance of the three members has yet to be confirmed, as KARA is scheduled to leave for Japan on the
17th to continue their activities there.

Interestingly enough, industry representatives claim that during the time that they were in Korea, the three KARA
members attended recording sessions for their new Japanese album with their other groupmates.

This attendance, however, was done under the agreement made with DSP Media on January 27th to fulfill all
pre-scheduled activities prior to the dispute. This agreement also includes their Japanese activities, which
explains why the group must return to Japan as complete unit in order to continue filming for their drama, ”URAKARA“.

Though KARA is scheduled to depart on the 17th, Jiyoung will be leaving a day earlier due to a personal schedule.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<3

DSP Media releases official statement regarding KARA’s lawsuit
February 14, 2011

After being hit with a lawsuit yesterday by KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung, DSP Media released an official
statement about their position on February 14th.

Through a press report, the agency stated,

“Because we were not delivered the accusation yet, we will speak with a lawyer once it is delivered and take the
appropriate action then. Aside from the lawsuit, we will do our absolute best to ensure that KARA’s future activities
are fulfilled.

Their claims of flawed income distribution is a huge distortion. All of the payments made by DSP Media were
done according to their contracts, and this will be further confirmed through the process of the lawsuit.

The legal process has begun, and we hope that the three KARA members will refrain from making one-sided
claims that are unconfirmed. DSP Media will also be refraining from making any statements outside of the legal
discussion, like we have done thus far. We will be prioritizing KARA’s future, no matter the lawsuit. DSP Media
will make sure that this controversy is resolved in an amicable matter.

Before the three members of KARA filed the lawsuit, we have made repeated attempts to resolve the situation.
While we were looking forward to discussions and for misunderstandings to be resolved, the lawsuit has taken
us by surprise.”

<3

KARA’s Nicole missing from ‘Heroes’ recording for the second time
February 13, 2011

Although KARA had returned to Korea yesterday, it’s being reported that member Nicole had missed yet another
scheduled recording for SBS’s “Heroes“. This will mark her second consecutive absence from the show.

Because of the turmoil surrounding KARA’s disputes, Nicole had missed a scheduled recording for ‘Heroes’ on
January 31st, fuelling speculations that she might be leaving the show for good.

That speculation was subsequently squashed by the PD of ‘Heroes’, who assured that Nicole would stay on with
the show. Yet the suspicions of both fans and netizens edged back after the PD confirmed through a phone interview
on the 14th that the KARA star was still absent.

The KARA girls had reunited recently to continue with the filming of ‘URAKARA‘ in Japan, and are now back in Korea.

<3

KARA’s Jiyoung and Supernova’s Sung Je to release “Merry Love” duet in Japan
February 14, 2011

Despite complications between the three members of KARA and their agency (DSP Media), it was recently announced
that maknae Kang Ji Young will be releasing her duet track with Supernova’s Sung Je in Japan.

Last December, the two came together to produce a duet titled, “Merry Love“, which was a heartwarming Christmas
track about a couple’s love for one another. The duo will be releasing “Merry Love” on various Japanese music sites
on March 23rd.

The official ringtone for this track will also be available for purchase on March 16th, prior to the track release. The CD
will carry an exciting bonus in the form of a DVD containing the song’s music video.

<3

Urakara Volume 1 is being released April 6, 2011 by TV Tokyo. :good:

Posted Image

<3

KARA has held the top spot on the Oricon Daily Album Chart for three straight days. :coool:

Posted Image

<3

KARA News video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0g__RLqZ1o

KARA is popular in Japan. Here's a funny video by some Japanese guys
who fly to Korea to look for KARA. It has English subs CC.
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMD5tfOhu14

<3

Posted Image

Posted Image

#686 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

This is getting ugly by the minute.

#687 sushiboy

sushiboy

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

KARA parents are adding fuel to the fire once again. <_<

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Han Seungyeon’s father makes controversial statement regarding KARA-DSP Media dispute
February 15, 2011

Posted Image

Recently, Han Seungyeon’s father was interviewed on a Japanese program, and he firmly singled out KARA’s leader,
Park Gyuri, as the underlying cause between KARA’s dispute with DSP Media.

On this week’s broadcast of Fuji TV’s ”Super News“, the reporter asked Han Seung Yeon’s father, Han Jong Chil,
about who he thought was mainly responsible for KARA’s dispute. He replied, “I think the leader is acting with no
responsibilities. This happened because of bad communication.”

He continued, “As KARA kept growing, the agency failed to be a good back support for them. The kids’ futures have
become unstable.”

Han Jong Chil stated that the “members never had conflicts and disputes between each other”, but this is the first
time someone has pointed their fingers at a particular member.

Netizens commented, “Why is he doing interviews like this in Japan?”, and “You can’t put all the blame onto the leader.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkIa4txNdmA

Source article: allkpop

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seungyeon’s father clarifies controversial remarks
February 16, 2011

Seungyeon’s father (who, by the way, is also a master sword craftsman) has spoken up to clarify the controversy
surrounding his recent remarks in a Fuji TV interview. The situation is “a complete misunderstanding“, he said to
Korean news outlets.

He went on to say, “What was said in the Japanese broadcast was correct, but I had no intention of putting the blame
on Gyuri. In any group, the leader is supposed to take care of the other members’ complaints by addressing them
with the company. However, as the group’s complaints got bigger and bigger, Gyuri did not play her role well, which
is why I’m disappointed.” However, he maintains that he “did not intend to blame Gyuri” for the problem with the company.

Jiyoung’s father under fire for making statements on KARA dispute
February 17, 2011

Seungyeon’s father is currently undergoing a controversy for statements he had made in an interview with Japan’s
Fuji TV. Now it looks like he’ll be joined by Jiyoung’s father, who also made some contentious statements during a
separate interview with Fuji TV.

On February 16th, the Japanese network aired an interview with Jiyoung’s father, Kang Gun Wook, through their
“Super News” segment, and asked whether it was true that DSP Media only distributed ¥60,000 at the height of their
“Lupin” promotions.

Kang replied, “At the time of the ‘Lupin’ promotions, about $400,000 USD in profit were made from digital sales. But
all of that went into promotional expenses, and only a few hundred were left. Speaking in terms of the Japanese yen,
that amounts to about ¥10,000. The distribution per member is about ¥60,000.”

When further asked what Jiyoung herself thought about the recent lawsuit, he replied, “She’s probably upset. Jiyoung
did ask whether it was necessary for it to develop into a lawsuit, but this won’t be inflicting any harm onto the girls’
promotional activities. If the company is in the wrong, they should apologize, but they actually said good job. How could
I not get mad? They did not apologize even once. If conversing through words doesn’t work, the law must be used.”

DSP Media reveals KARA’s full income and contract information
February 16, 2011

Three days after KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung filed their lawsuit against DSP Media, the agency’s legal representatives
have released an official statement refuting the girls’ claims.

On the morning of February 17th, DSP Media’s legal representative, Im Sang Hyuk, spoke with Star News and stated, “It’s said that
the lawsuit was filed on February 14th, but it was actually filed on the 11th. Their accusation has not arrived yet, but DSP Media will
be preparing to take legal action. This case is different in various ways from the TVXQ lawsuit.” (Im is also the lawyer for JYJ against
SM Entertainment.)

He continued, “The representatives of the three KARA members claimed that each member only received $860 USD from January
through June of 2010 from album sales made during their ‘Lupin‘ promotions. Their claim made it seem as if this amount was all
that the members received for their income during this time period, but they are hiding the accurate truth.”

Im continued, “Aside from their album sales, KARA was distributed a total of $200,000 USD per member from income made through
CFs, events, broadcast appearances, digital sales, and mobile sales.”

DSP Media’s lawyer further revealed that all promotional expenses were taken out from the income made through their album sales,
and the girls were given a total of $1 million USD during this promotional period, which was divided into $200,000 USD per member.

Im further claims that Landmark’s demands for a change in administration was an invasion of DSP Media’s administration rights. “After
Lee Ho Yeon CEO was hospitalized, his wife received full administrative rights and successfully advanced KARA into Japan. She has
done absolutely nothing wrong. Because of this, Landmark demanding that the company change administrators is an invasion of DSP
Media’s right of management.”

He continued, “KARA’s contracts have already passed the evaluation review by the Fair Trade Commission. There is nothing wrong with
their contracts, which is why we believe that Landmark is acting as if these three members experienced a loss in their income.”

Im concluded, “We will continue to attempt discussions, but now that the three members have already taken legal action, we will be
responding in the same manner.”

KARA’s trio ditches Landmark, hires Hankyul as their legal representative
February 17, 2011

KARA’s legal dispute with DSP Media has now developed into a battle between professional law firms.

DSP Media was hit with a lawsuit three days ago from KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung, and unable to avoid a legal battle,
went ahead by bringing in Sejong Law Firm’s Im Sang Hyuk. Sejong is one of the representative law firms in the nation, as it houses
over 300 lawyers by itself.

KARA’s trio, who had been working with Landmark ever since the start of this dispute, was recently revealed to have been in a secret
meeting with Hankyul Law Firm on February 16th. Representatives of the trio asked Hankyul to take on their case, and Hankyul accepted.

Hankyul is known for their work in the entertainment industry, as they made headlines in 2005 for taking on the ‘celebrity x-files’ case.
Hankyul is also responsible for 60% of the film distribution companies in the nation.

The legal representative KARA’s trio chose from Hankyul, Kim Jin Wook, has previous experience working with Super Junior’s Han Geng
in his lawsuit against SM Entertainment. KARA’s trio were revealed to have been adamant with their decision on Kim, especially since he
won the lawsuit.

Considering the fact that DSP Media is backed by Im Sang Hyuk, who’s currently the legal representative for JYJ against SM Entertainment,
industry representatives have interpreted the trio’s move in switching out their lawyers to mean that they are now ready to put up an aggressive
fight.

Japanese fans are disappointed in KARA
February 16, 2011

As their scandal continues to snowball and gather headlines, Japan’s love for KARA is starting to cool.

Initally, KARA was still able to take #1 on the Oricon charts despite the outbreak of their scandal. However, after it was revealed
that Nicole, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung had filed a lawsuit on February 14th, the attitude in Japan quickly became indifferent.

The Japanese media has predicted that KARA will definitely lose popularity in Japan. This is because fans allowed themselves
to get their hopes up when KARA members continued filming their drama with a good atmosphere, only to have their hopes taken
away in another wave of conflicts. Japanese fans obviously felt betrayed, and they seem to have gotten tired of the protracted conflict.
Japanese news programs are releasing citizen interviews with content along the lines of “I’m sick of it now.”

There is also widespread interest about KARA’s relationship with their Japanese agency, Universal Music Japan. In Korea, the KARA
members could put a hold on their activities because it’s more or less a domestic dispute; however, it’s a different story altogether
when it comes to their corporate agreements with a Japanese label. If KARA should fail to fulfill their Japanese agreements, they will
most certainly damage their marketability and overall reputation.

KSA President Tae Jin Ah intervenes to mediate KARA/DSP Media dispute
February 15, 2011

As lawsuit complications between the three members of KARA and DSP Media become more and more troubled with
turbulence and uncertainties, veteran singer and president of the Korean Singers Association, Tae Jin Ah, recently came
forth to intervene in an attempt to settle the situation.

A representative of Tae Jin Ah told Newsen on February 15th, “The presidents of the Korean Entertainment Producers
Association and the Korean Singers Association, Ahn Jung Dae and Tae Jin Ah, have been in discussions for several
hours in an attempt to resolve problems between KARA and their agency. Nothing is known in detail, however after receiving
information from both sides, we are aware that the members of KARA are also in discussions with DSP Media.”

They continued, “The Korean Singers Association has been managing the Victim Complaints Center to resolve unfair
misconduct of singers. The center received information about the current situation of the three KARA members, and when
Tae Jin Ah was informed, he decided to personally arbitrate the matter.”

“The biggest problem between the agency and the three members seems to lie in the allegedly unfair sharing of revenue.
We think the depth of the conflict is deeper than we first thought.”

“If KARA disbands, not only is it a big loss to the country, but the media will also begin to take notice of every move of the rough
patches between a singer and their agency, thus bringing forth unnecessary noise into the industry. We hoped for the situation
to resolve as quietly as possible, so we were really upset when KARA’s side filed a lawsuit.”

The representative concluded, “Even though Tae Jin Ah is slowly urging for both sides to reconcile, we feel that it will not be easy
to find an immediate agreement.”

According to the representative, Tae Jin Ah is encouraging the three members of KARA to take action, while also asking for the
agency to have a more open mind about the singers’ perspectives.

Posted Image

#688 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

sushiboy, please do not double post on purpose.
This will be your only warning.

#689 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Jet Coaster Love audio

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#690 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

Sorry for double post since no one posted since the 26th

Jet Coaster Love Covers

CD
Posted Image
CD+photobook
Posted Image
CD+DVD
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/_...730622610972674

Jet Coaster Love HQ audio

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#691 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

It have been quiet, since KARA is in Japan til 10th. The only news is Japanese news, and we only get that one or twice a week.

#692 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

#693 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

i think most should know by now, but i thought i'd just post this.

kara's going to donate all their earnings from their new single jet coaster love to relief funds in japan.

allkpop article here

i was really touched by this. considering they make a lot from sales, they're going to be giving away EVERYTHING to help japan. when i heard about this i was just so moved :sob: i've never really cared about k-pop before, but now i'm starting to appreciate them, because of this display of kindness. i might just buy this single, if i can ^_^

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#694 romir

romir

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

4th Japanese Single, Go Go Summer! Radio Preview!
Release date is 29-06-11

I LOVE IT :w00t:

aichancomplete.jpg

Signature and Avatar made by me, My Graphic Topic Request Opened:) -blog- : http://musicromir.tumblr.com/

#695 BlackTsubaki

BlackTsubaki

Takamina

• Senpai
  • 1061 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

Sooooo I just caught wind of this group while listening to SNSD, and I must say...... I like them a lot. Only song I've had the chance to listen to is Mister, but I love the PV and the song is so damn awesome! Look foward to hearing more of them, though the drama posted before this had me questioning them at first >.<!

Takamina I Shimada Haruka I Mayuyu

#696 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

the video is private -.-
anyone has another link for me...please....
ah I found another link...

not the best quality...but the song sounds good ^^

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#697 Ahiko

Ahiko

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4274 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

I love it already! preordered Ltd. A and B!! :wub: :good:

#698 nono:)bbz

nono:)bbz

no nozomi, no life.

• Senpai
  • 5883 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

^^Cheers Jeani. Was looking to listen to their new tune!
For a mo, I thought it was a ballad; Resulting in me going "Uch, a ballad for Summer? *sigh*". ^^;
Glad it picked up and got really fun. ORDERED! ♥

#699 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Like this single. Very cheerful.

#700 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai