Photo

Keeping a computer connected to the internet...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 kera

kera

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

There are many ways to see what's running, e.g. using something like ProcDump or LordPE (links in the names, it's annoying how links aren't marked in any way in this forum, at least in my browser :lol:) but if you feel like you don't know what exactly you're doing just go with Sev's advice and format/reinstall Windows.
Posted Image

#22 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:11 AM

Does it look like most programs stops responding or is it jus a few?

You know what. I don't like the sound of this at all and I'd totally reformat and reinstall windows if I were you. Just make sure you backup all your H!P stuff if you decide to do it.
:(

Umm...for the most part, it's anything that connects to the internet that doesn't work right.....like....I can still bring up any of my 3 internet browsers.....just can't connect to the net is all.

:lol: I always do CONSTANTLY

There are many ways to see what's running, e.g. using something like ProcDump

Ok, thanks....though....the link I left up there, it only took me to a pic of Fortune City's site is all.

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#23 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

go safe mode, load msconfig.exe thru the Run.. --thingie. then in the first tab (by default), pick the 2nd option "diagnostic startup" (loads basic.. yada yada..) then go rebutt.. uhrm i mean reboot.. then try to remove / debug what-nots in yer pc..

oh yah.. just watch wat u remove.. for the rest, consult the others here.. heh..

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#24 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:09 AM

go safe mode, load msconfig.exe thru the Run.. --thingie. then in the first tab (by default), pick the 2nd option "diagnostic startup" (loads basic.. yada yada..) then go rebutt.. uhrm i mean reboot.. then try to remove / debug what-nots in yer pc..

Tried that....still nothing

However, I did restart and went into the "Administrator" login and looked around.....nothing in there.

So, I restarted again, logged into my account (owner) in safe mode....and found out that ZoneAlarm was actually missing an essential DLL file....so I just reinstalled it in Safe Mode and restarted......now the only issue I have is that my browsers won't let me view certain sites ( for example Gmail.com I can't access, but I can ping it using CMD )

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#25 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:40 AM

Tried that....still nothing

However, I did restart and went into the "Administrator" login and looked around.....nothing in there.

So, I restarted again, logged into my account (owner) in safe mode....and found out that ZoneAlarm was actually missing an essential DLL file....so I just reinstalled it in Safe Mode and restarted......now the only issue I have is that my browsers won't let me view certain sites ( for example Gmail.com I can't access, but I can ping it using CMD )

..try to disable ZA's safe sites -yada-yada (sorry, been awhile since i last used ZA.. :c33:).. i think ZA's site list might corrupted so it accidentally blocked some sites.. anyway go thru it, and tell us anything.. g'luck :c13:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users