• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#41 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

I loved Millennium when it was on years ago along with the X-Files, Xena Warrior Princess and Hercules.

I loved those series too, I think it was for 5-6 years ago!! :) now i can't stand them...just can't :huh
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Eryri

Eryri

Keeper Of The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

SPACED was a really good British sitcom famous for it's parodies of sci-fi flicks. It starred Simon Pegg from Mission Impossible 3. In fact most of the cast from SPACED had a role in the rom-com zombie movie Shaun Of The Dead.

#43 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

Who here watches the show called the UNDERGRADS, i liked the show alot, but they stopped making episodes, i don't know why ^^; .

If you have not seen it.. There's episodes in youtube.

http://youtube.com/r...s&search=Search XD

#44 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

Two great US series by Judd Apatow which were cancelled after 1 season: FREAKS & GEEKS and UNDECLARED. One about life in the 80s and the other about college freshmen. Universal praise by critics and the public alike and yet FOX still cancelled them.

#45 Custom

Custom

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:59 AM

I'm a huge 24 fan. During the 24 "off season" I don't even watch anything else on TV. I might start watching House next season because it sounds interesting. Some of my favorite shows growing up were Buffy/Angel and Seinfeld. Seinfeld (and Pop Up Video) teaches you everything you need to know about life!

I was really excited about the new season of Family Guy but I kept forgetting to watch it and then I eventually lost interest =\. I hope that doesn't happen with the new Futurama episodes coming.

#46 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

I hope that doesn't happen with the new Futurama episodes coming.

Hm?! Is Futurama still on TV? Haven't seen it for 2 years now on!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Custom

Custom

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

I think the re-runs still air on Cartoon Network. Today it was announced that new episodes of Futurama will be produced and air on Cartoon Network in 2008.

#48 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

That's great news regarding Futurama. Still don't know why it was cancelled after 4 seasons. Did fan pressure bring it back like Family Guy?

#49 Rikku^^

Rikku^^

2nd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

I think the re-runs still air on Cartoon Network. Today it was announced that new episodes of Futurama will be produced and air on Cartoon Network in 2008.

Wow can't wait...Futurama isn't of course better than Simpsons but it's very close :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

It's original :(! Seth McFarlane should join Directing Futurama, then it might get better reviews and more fans...

For people who doesn't know who Seth McFarlane is, he is the Creator/Director of Family guy, and the voice of Peter, Stewie, and many others!

#51 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

I would say my favorite shows on TV now are Lost, Simpsons and South Park. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are pure genius and we share the same opinions on Family Guy. If you have seen the episodes, and my post in the "Simpsons or Family Guy thread" you know what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

#52 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:32 AM

South Park is great. Is it just me or does South Park keep getting better each year? The first show of this season with Chef being killed had me in stitches.

#53 Tubster68

Tubster68

Nacchiholic!

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

Anyone watch Avatar: the last airbender? It's the only anime i watch right now since Naruto here in Canada has really bad Dubbing, and i already watched Full metal Alchemist. Avatar is probably done long time ago in Japan or in the U.S. or somthing, but the episodes just started in Canada, and i hate it.

#54 Scramasax

Scramasax

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:27 AM

I would have to say "Mythbusters" and "X-Play".

#55 Henna

Henna

Addicted to Music

• Senpai
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:55 AM

Anyone watch Avatar: the last airbender? It's the only anime i watch right now since Naruto here in Canada has really bad Dubbing, and i already watched Full metal Alchemist. Avatar is probably done long time ago in Japan or in the U.S. or somthing, but the episodes just started in Canada, and i hate it.

I love Avatar, its a great show and the fighting and they way they use they're bending power in the show is right up there with the best of anime. Too bad its a children show, other wise I think they would have gone all out but they have to keep the violence to a minimum.

Also I hope your talking about French dubbing because Avatar is originally an American show made for the Nickelodean tv network, its has never been shown in Japan and its not nearly done yet, its half-way in its second season here.....

Shows that I can't miss right now are "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "Rescue Me" and "The Venture Brothers".
~Nothing

#56 J*Paragon

J*Paragon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:19 AM

Uh... like Hennagaijin said, it's an American show released quite recently, for Nickelodeon even. I think they started about early last year, and so, well, you're not missing much of anything here. Over here in Canada it's about every week on YTV, but... yeah. I don't even know why I know this... I just watch it whenever my little cousin comes over and hogs the remote.

If you wanna know more, go Wiki it. Hell, I'm in a good mood today since Italy won, so here:
http://en.wikipedia...._Last_Airbender
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:51 AM

i watch avatar: the last airbender sometimes it's a pretty good cartoon series

#58 kinbari

kinbari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:32 PM

i lyk Smallville, Friends and Survivor!!

Smallville -> bcos i wan to now e story.. plus Tom whel.. acted n oso Kristen(hope i spelling correctly.. lolx..)

Friends -> bcos i tink its funni.. it entertain me.. lolx.. plus its a long series wif lots of funni stuffs.. its a comedy!

Survivor -> bcos can see hw they survive themselves.. n oso all e challeging games.. its cool

Peace

Edited-1.jpg

Rokkies will forever be my bias generation!

Current MM'14~ 1. Sayashi Riho

2. Kudo Haruka

3. Iikubo Haruna

#59 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

The Apprentice:
It makes me think alot when watching the show. i learned a lot from them. Fav: 1st and 4th season.

Roswell:
Quite a while ago. Shiri Applebly :)

and the very classic Vietnam war drama serie..... forgot the name tho ^^;

Amazing Race:
Simply amazing. there's 1 episode where they come to Malaysia Kuala Lumpur and almost all of them are lost. i clapped my hand and laugh "take that Malaysia, ur service, infrastructure and traffic is a mess compare to othre country" :P

i guess that's it... i like Angel, Southpark and others too but i wouldn't put them onto my hall of the fame tho.

Actually most of the time it's Discovery or ESPN for me tho....

#60 Eryri

Eryri

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

and the very classic Vietnam war drama serie..... forgot the name tho ^^;

I think you mean the fantastic Tour Of Duty.

Other notable mentions in great TV series:

The Young Ones - classic surreal anarchic comedy about 5 British university students.

Robin Of Sherwood - possibly the best Robin Hood series that's ever been. Not one movie or other TV series has come close to matching it. Atmopsheric and moody.

Gatchaman or Battle Of The Planets to Westerners. The first anime I ever watched about 5 orphans who battle the evil Galactor and their mechas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users