• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#101 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

I had so many chills, I forgot to breathe for the better part of a minute.

Edit: Re-posting for new page

#102 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

the refrain is dramatic,, i like it,,  :good:

the story act is simple yet touching,,

Kanatomo just owning it,,

and looking at 2 MVs so far, it looks like ManaKarin is now the dance core of JJ? 

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#103 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

The song does nothing for me but I love the MV.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#104 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

Posurito color-coded lyrics : http://cafekica.blog...ded-lyrics.html

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#105 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

I probably won't listen to it as much as Bitansan, but I really like it.

#106 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

I liked what they did with the verses, but the kaleidoscope effects during the chorus were a bit much.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#107 shii5

shii5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

I like both songs (Bitansan and Potsurito). I held off from listening to any radio rips, and waited for the MVs. For Potsurito, I do like the verses and the build up to the chorus plus the transition to the wider dance shot. It made me feel that it was more grand. I like the visual effects during the dance shot scenes, it also reminded me of the effects from Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa. 

#108 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:02 AM

I cannot find a thread of emotional content in Bitansan. I can't even force myself to pay attention to the lyrics. I just tune out about 30s in.

But I like Potsurito quite a bit. And in general I'm not a big fan of ballad singing. I prefer my downtempo music to still be a noisy racket (Matsuura's "The Last Night" is my go-to example)

Goes to show you, de gustibus...
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#109 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Am I the only one who loves both songs? Potsurito is written by Nakajima Takui, so it's the perfect song for Kanatomo/Sayubee. Then Bitansan is the song for Karin/Manakan. However, I find out that I remember the melody of Bitansan more, I think that's because I have a bias towards KOUGA's songs (Hana Moyou, Yuki no Planetarium, both of which have the same vibe as Bitansan does). I love Nakajima Takui, but when it comes to slow songs, I guess I need more time to finally enjoy it (Ai ai gasa is an exception though)

#110 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

I'm not big on Potsuri. Takui usually writes such amazing songs but I can't really warm up to this. one. Would probably be nice as an album song but as a ballad for an a-side it's kinda underwhelming. I dislike how it's so repetetive, the lyrics are boring and the MV looks like they didn't really have a concept.

Bitansan on the other hand is really good. It looks well thought through and is consistent in what it wants to express.

It's overall disappointing that we got three so emotional heavy and depressing songs (even if Bitansan has at least a nice conclusion). I'm dubbing this the depressed girls single or platinum era getting too intimate with JJ.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#111 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

^
Bitansan is like... a cheap knockoff of the Platinum Era. I think, now that you mentioned the Platinum Era, it explains why I can't bring myself to give a hoot about the song. I love the Platinum Era (and have a long record of fighting to the death for its genius and importance in MoMusu history) and this does not measure up. (also, I'm a Tsunku fanboy, so ymmv)

And I can't blame you for not carefully watching a video for a song you don't care for, but Potsurito is dramatically shot to emphasize the isolation of singers during solo and doubled lines. And for a song about being lonely while being physically beside the person you love, that's pretty damn clever.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#112 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

Nah, Good bye & Good luck is better than both songs. I can't wait for the MV.

#113 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

I love both songs, but I'm giving the edge to Potsurito for that killer instrumental break.

#114 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

I love both songs, but I'm giving the edge to Potsurito for that killer instrumental break.

That's funny how everyone taste is différent. For my it's the instrumental break (the part whith no voice at the middle) which is one of the biggest weakness of the song.
Sometimes even with a meh song there is an incredible break with lot of rythm ( slow or not) and additions which makes the whole magical. But nothing in Posturito. Even the small "dubstep" sounds are atrocious and out ot place becoming only mechanical noise. Nothing transport me.
But i'm never happy when i don't like a song and it's not because I don't find it great that I want everyone don't love it. I'm really happy if people love it.

#115 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

That instrumental break is one of the coolest and most effective musical bits I've heard out of H!P in a while. Here's what I wrote about it somewhere else:

"And speaking of the instrumental break, hot damn is it good. I mean, really goddamned good. That open fourth (I think -- I'm happy to be correct on this) synth thing that follows the snare drum isn't technically a pedal point, but it kind of works like one here, and it's so ###### cool. Paired with the driving strings, the half-time piano stuff and wonderfully 80s lead synth, it builds a whole lot of tension for the final chorus to release. Having Kanatomo and Sayuki singing over the piano actually extends the tension into the chorus itself, making the second half of the chorus the actual release. This is pro-level arranging, guys. Sitting here breaking it down like this makes it even more impressive to me.

Overall, this is a clinic in how to carry a narrative, set a mood and build tension via artful and adroit arrangement. The harmonies in the 2nd verse are subtle and a bit dark because the notes sit under the melody notes. Just a lot of very good decision-making went into this recording, right down to the abrupt ending."

Obviously YMMV, but yeah, I think that break is amazing.

#116 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

From The Girls Live 190128

Bitansan studio live

OR
https://twitter.com/...921915546812416
https://twitter.com/...923268453097474

#117 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Copy pasting my own thoughts here as well but wasn't the performance lacking Manaka? She was everywhere in the PV and I felt she had more lines but I could only notice her during the dance break. (Nevermind I forgot Manakan's situation!)

As for Potsurito I thought it was okayish but the chorus was a minus for me. It's also pretty forgettable overall. I do want to listen to the vocals Live though.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#118 Kon-Chan:Itsumademo

Kon-Chan:Itsumademo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1889 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

I'm surprised they just didn't have Manaka lip-synching, it was interesting they gave all of her lines spread out between Yuka, Sayuki and Akari and I think Yanamin did her last duet line with Sayuki.

#119 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

Good bye & Good luck! (Promotion Edit)

#120 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

What a cute MV! This single is really good.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users