• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

#301 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

Day before my birthday; what a great present. They must be so excited. They don't even have to go through an indies phase.

LINE LIVE footage of the announcement and their reactions from backstage:

https://twitter.com/...136616132894720

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#302 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

The news basically broke Takase’s brain. For like half of the first round of the event she was staring blankly and semi-coherent. When asked about the news all she could say was “it was so long” (長かった)
JoJoGundan’s Keita brought Kleenex when he came onstage (immediately after the announcement, before members had made heads or tails of what was happening) and then made fun of Nishida for not crying. :lol:

Small news compared to the major debut this summer, but they also filmed a video for Megane no Otoko (still needs to be edited and such so it’ll be a bit before release)
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#303 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:12 AM

I'm not sure if she meant that the date of the debut was still so long from now, or if she meant she'd already been waiting so long for a debut (all things considered, even she may not have known which she meant when she said it), but for Takase and Ichioka in particular, they probably feel now like they've been run around for so very long. Both have technically been idols or idols-in-training for over twice the average length of an idol career, so I can only imagine how much time they feel like they've lost to reach this point, especially with it being years now since they were even promised a debut. I laugh along with everyone else at the extreme and often exaggerated reactions the girls give at times, but any such reaction at this point is justified and understandable.

#304 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

^
3 months isn’t long between announcement and release, particularly for a debut. It didn’t even occur to me that hat’s what she might have been getting at. (Also, fwiw, I’m 90% sure she used past tense but maybe that’s back-construction of what I THOUGHT she was saying)

I’d say it’s well beyond “justifiable” and “understandable” and well into “expected”. Keita brought Kleenex knowing what was up.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#305 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

Mhmm, those are fair points on the 3 months and the tense. The only reason I thought it at all was that in a disoriented state, she could have been thinking in the context of "the date we saw was so long from now" which would still have technically been in the past tense, but not necessarily the most intuitive use of language. I actually edited the post and deleted that part of the sentence seconds after I posted it at one point because I wasn't sure if that would come off since you did post -katta, but I re-edited and added it again a minute or so later because I have a habit of sounding prone to non-sequitur if I don't complete my full thought. That and my tendency to hedge when I can avoid making absolute statements are part of why so many of my posts sound so stream-of-consciousness and get so lengthy.  XD

Another point on Megane since I commented on it in the announcement thread as well, but if they've filmed a video for Megane, that probably indicates that they plan on including it in a double or triple a side single as well. If we've got 3 months until the debut, that gives them plenty of time to upload it and any other PV(s) that would be part of the single's promotion. It would certainly make more business sense to me than just uploading that particular video and then having a separate round of PVs for single promotion starting a month or so later.

#306 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

I'm beyooooooond happy for beyooooonds aaaaaaaaaaa

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#307 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:30 AM

They have plenty of time to get their debut single to make a splash and win them a Best New Artist award in December......

#308 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

I'm excited it's a triple A with 2 new songs, since I kind of expected to use another existing song in there like Atsui. Yeah, Kurumi broke down crying and could barely even reply properly to Keita's questions. She's very organized and takes good control of the group so it's touching to see how easily she cries. At her BD event she also cried a lot (mostly due to the letter her Mother wrote her). The members were looking forward to the Megane MV so in a way some of them were like "Nooo~".

#309 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

this is so exciting!! this is what we have been waiting for since 2017 lol

#310 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Usagi @TripsUsagi on twt translated all the 20 questions 20 answers interviews with the Beyonds' members. It's an amazing read.

Please considering sharing and liking Usagi's thread with all the interviews on twt! It's a great way to learn more about the members. And particularly some of them give really considerate and elaborate answers to the questions <3

https://twitter.com/...297409814585344

Also YESSSS for their major debut <3

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#311 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:38 PM

I'm so happy for them, especially for Kurumi and Ichioka. I can't imagine waiting for this all since being told she was to be leader of a group back in 2017 and then nothing happening for over a year must have felt like. (And to be honest...it kinda seems like Kurumi is more the main leader now? Am I that see that?)

They're all so talented. I can't wait to see what they do. I hope the fact half the girls are a bit older doesn't harm their group lifetime much.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#312 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1386 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:29 AM

Beyooooonds is the first no Tsunku group of H!P, and is obvious they had a different "thing". Is a new concept that mix the usual H!P's  idol artistic quality with visual and musical concepts different of the typical (and sometime bored) H!P's thing. 

And with a lot of ultra talented girls in the same group.  If the ###### UpFront makes the things well for once (i doubt)  this group is the big hope for make H!P big again.,

#313 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4365 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:36 AM

:good:

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#314 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:51 AM

Usagi @TripsUsagi on twt translated all the 20 questions 20 answers interviews with the Beyonds' members. It's an amazing read.

Please considering sharing and liking Usagi's thread with all the interviews on twt! It's a great way to learn more about the members. And particularly some of them give really considerate and elaborate answers to the questions <3

https://twitter.com/...297409814585344

Also YESSSS for their major debut <3

oh thank u and to hotaru! i've been waiting for someone to translate those :w00t:

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#315 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Beyooooonds is the first no Tsunku group of H!P, and is obvious they had a different "thing". Is a new concept that mix the usual H!P's  idol artistic quality with visual and musical concepts different of the typical (and sometime bored) H!P's thing. 

And with a lot of ultra talented girls in the same group.  If the ###### UpFront makes the things well for once (i doubt)  this group is the big hope for make H!P big again.,

Actually Kobushi Factory was the first H!P group that didn't involve Tsunku. Tsubaki Factory was the second group that didn't involve him, and their "girl-next-door" concept really works out. Then BEYOOOOONDS came out and the group consists of many talented members and their musical pathway is really different from other groups. If UFP knows how to use and market them, I have no doubt they will become Momoclo 2.0 (idol group whose music genre is really different).

Frankly to tell you, I only see "light" in groups that don't involve Tsunku. And any groups that involve Tsunku but are modified by UFP also show hopefulness. Tsunku's tactics worked in the past, but not now.

#316 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:25 PM

I thing country girls was the first group that had nothing to do with him.

HLxdmXb.png

#317 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

:offtopic: 
I highly doubt that just because Tsunku stepped down from being the main producer of H!P in October 2014 doesn't mean he wasn't somehow involved in the new units creation. As for Country Girls... it was Tsunku's plan to restart them after all. I think the management just continued to carry on his plans for the time being... after all, creating a new unit doesn't happen overnight, so it's highly unprobably that he had no saying in the creation of at least Kobushi Factory, who were obviously told at the end of 2014 that they would debut. (I like to dream that Tsunku made sure that his substitute for Hina Fes announcement would debut, but let's put that aside...) 

With Tsubaki Factory it is more debatable whether Tsunku had a say in which members would be part of it since there was a bigger gap between his resignation from the role and the group annnouncement, but I dare to say CG and KF still "had something to do with him".

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#318 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Is this thread about Beyooooonds or your (plural, not particularly Pyo-Kiyo) 100% pure imagination regarding what happens in the producers' meetings?

I think this conversation would be much more meaningful (and more obviously not important) if you all took the time and trouble to directly disclaim anything that you imagined out of whole cloth.
Attached File  JJsingle.jpg   72.39K   29 downloads Attached File  KBsingle.jpg   147.31K   30 downloads

And those two images don't prove anything about KF. Just that he was not being given credit for single production when KF made their first release. It does not answer the overall question. But I bring it up as something provable. Unlike the hand-waving and imagination above.

#319 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1198 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

^

Technically "Nen ni wa Nen / Survivor" was their first release, but that cover also doesn't have the "produced by Tsunku" tag as well.  

Also same is on Country Girls' first single...

So I think Tsunku music-wise might not have been involved, but the creation of the groups that's another story

(Wasn't Satoda the one that wanted to bring back CG?)

#320 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Didn't we just recently find out that Tsunku was involved in choosing MM's 12ki despite everyone thinking for years that they were the first gen that had nothing to do with Tsunku...? Who knows, he might still be involved just to a lesser extent, not warranting the Produced by Tsunku tag. In the end, it's probably just a question of whether it matters to people or not. The groups are certainly just as entertaining, just not in an old-school H!P way.

6DYNteh.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users