Photo

[03/29] C-ute's 31st Single - To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises (Final Single)

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#241 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

I didn't think the choreography in The Curtain Rises was that bad? It's not as great as Mugen Climax but I think if we didn't have Mugen Climax to compare it with, then people wouldn't think it was bad ^^;

I'm also enjoying this single more the more I listen to it ^-^

Tbh it's not just Mugen Climax I'm comparing that choreo too. We had awesome choreographies in Jinsei wa STEP, Summer Wind, and heck I liked Ai wa Marude's choreo too. It was cutesy, active, and had lots of interesting moves. Curtain Rises had so many recycled uninteresting-to-look-at moves. But I guess it's up to personal preference. We got a string of awesome choreographies like Middle Management->Summer Wind->Jinsei wa Step->Ai wa Marude->Mugen Climax --- and I bet all these songs were done by that choreographer we saw on the dance practice videos on hello station. And then we get to the disappointment that was Curtain Rises and I'm just like wtf is this. The song was meh to me so I was hoping the choreo would at least make me love it. The potential was there but nooo... wasted it. :|

Anyway, enough of my negativity. I at least still really love Final SQUALL. That MV is just precious. And bless the man SHOCK EYE for such catchy songs. And To Tomorrow's not that bad either. But I hope the single does well. Though I guess that's a given seeing as how this is the final one.

#242 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Wow, from reading all these recent comments I was expecting something really underwhelming with To Tomorrow and The Curtain Rises... but, overall, I actually liked this single better than the previous one which felt like Mugen Climax was the only song carrying it. The only thing is that I still dislike all the outfits XP (and why those generic blue outfits for the members that were accompanying °C-ute in To Tomorrow too? I don't like those in the first place and there they looked even worse because they looked out of place :| ...and why no Momo? ;_; well, maybe because since she's graduating soon too, it'd be even sadder to haver her there and, to top it off, as a back dancer).

I really liked Final Squall and The Curtain Rises. To Tomorrow wasn't very memorable in the sea of songs °C-ute has but, as a cute, soft song, I think I will listen to it every now and then unlike Ai wa Maru de Seidenki :ph34r:. And talking about that, it's so funny how when I first read the title "Love is like Static Electricity" I was expecting a badass song like Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni or something similar to what The Curtain Rises ended up being (kinda dark, cool-ish song) but it ended up being cutesy, and, on the other hand, "The Curtain Rises" sounded like it was going to be a ballad (or something like To Tomorrow) but it was the other way around XD Never judge a song by its title I guess...

Goodbye Chisa :(

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#243 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

I like all three songs and I love how well-rounded this single is. It makes for a much better send-off than Berryz's final single, which was underwhelming (even if I love Romance wo Katatte to death, it's not the song I'd have chosen to send them off with). The PVs were all enjoyable as well, though not the group's best. Still, these are three high quality songs and there's something bittersweet about that fact - they make me poinder the kind of heights the group would reach in a year or two in terms of release quality, and it's depressing to know we'll never experience that.

To Tomorrow is definitely the weakest of the bunch, but it's nice for what it is. Final Squall and The Curtain Rises are both top tier, I'd say.

TqH7Qlk.gif

#244 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

MAIMI LOOKED SO HOT IN THE CURTAIN RISES

I SWEAR I ALMOST HAVE A HEART ATTACK WHENEVER SHE GETS A CLOSE UP WOW

#245 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

oh muh gawd yall ... for some reason, I thought today was release day ...

I went to check Oricon and nothing. I was freakin' out and triple checking each page of the rankings ...

"why the hell aren't they here? there's no way they did this bad!"

Such relief to see it isn't until next week lol

#246 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

IMHO the best thing about this single is the outfits for The Curtain Rises. The outfits for the other two songs aren't bad, but man the ones for The Curtain Rises are just... :wub:

#247 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

^I agree, they are fantastic. 

I was watching this week's Hello!Station and was trying so hard to figure out the background music at one point because it sounded amazing. Had a hunch it was one of the C-ute songs because I had yet to listen to any. Turns out it was Final Squall and I was blown away at how awesome it sounded. I don't know if it's because I'm on a kick of upbeat, Japanese band songs like BiSH and RADWIMPS but I think it will top my favorite H!P song this year. My only complaint is the random rapping briefly done after the first chorus. Just takes away from the band like feel.

The other songs are pretty good but I would put The Curtain Rises next and then To Tomorrow (though I thought having a group of H!P members as back up dancers was cute and the other location was very pretty). The Curtain Rises sounds like it will be fun to experience in a concert setting. 

#248 Saikio

Saikio

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

oh muh gawd yall ... for some reason, I thought today was release day ...

LOL Me too, I was looking all the sites and forums like crazy XD

Final Squall have better lyrics and video but I kinda like Curtain Rises more, and To Tomorrow is nothing special, feel like a filler song to me .-. I guess we will get the real farewell song on their final album.

#249 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

For the Final Squall choero, what dance moves have you guys caught so far? They're not doing their entire discography I don't think, but rather special songs... So far I've seen:

Wakkyanai Z

Massara Blue Jeans

Okina Ai de Motenaishite

Dance de Bakoon

Kiss me Aishiteru

Arigato ~Mugen no Yell~

Tokkaiko Junjou

I'm sure Sakura Chirari will be featured, and probably Crazy Kazen and Momoiro (the dance moves in the chorus look like the Momoiro ones but not entirely, so I'm not sure where those are from if they haven't been adjusted...), and maybe Namida no Iro or Kokoro no Sakebi as those are also popular.

It's a little hard to tell in the rehearsal footage, maybe the dance shots will let us see it better.

#250 hazuky

hazuky

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

any news about bonus postcard or posters?

#251 smtmissin

smtmissin

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

They know it's C-ute's last single and they threw them some left-over songs and half-ass choreography because they know fans will buy the single no matter what. C-ute still shines like their younger days when management used to give them stupid songs and Berryz the good songs.

The Curtain Rises could have been so much better without those stupid rap.  Final Squall is meh, and I will pretend I never knew a song called To Tomorrow . What's the use of it anyway? The other 2 songs already say what need to be said about the girls's career.

Mugen Climax will be the, uhm, climax of their career.

maria2.png

#252 akarinxxx

akarinxxx

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

any news about bonus postcard or posters?

The postcards have already been confirmed here: http://www.helloproject.com/news/6567/

09VBI0yh.jpg

👑佐藤優樹  鈴木愛理 ♡ 工藤遥👑 ❣️ 鞘師里保 ❣️

室田瑞希 ♡ 石田亜佑美 ♡ 牧野真莉愛

Translations ☆ tumblr / dailymotion

#253 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

So no Music Station for C-ute next week.

I hope they will get a chance to say goodbye to MS audience in June before SSA. 

#254 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

The Curtain Rises live performance

kudMUSe.jpg

#255 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

I have to say now I've listened to the full single and let it settle I have to say my preferences for the songs are The Curtain Rises, The Final Squall and then To Tomorrow. Curtain Rises didn't have the most amazing PV but I liked it and the music in the song is so catchy. Final Squall sounds good for a graduation song but then To Tomorrow sounds bland and I've forgotten what it sounds like.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#256 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

^I have to agree with this ranking of the songs.

At first none of the songs stood out to me but after a few listens The Curtain Rises really grew on me and it's so catchy. As for Final Squall, I catch myself singing it a few time a day. But, To Tomorrow is sill really bland and not memorable.

#257 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

They know it's C-ute's last single and they threw them some left-over songs and half-ass choreography because they know fans will buy the single no matter what. C-ute still shines like their younger days when management used to give them stupid songs and Berryz the good songs.

In spite of all that I never really got into Berryz Koubou.  They had great talent and all, I really liked some of their songs, and even had a minor crush on Shimizu Saki.  I °can't get enough of °C-ute!  I don't °care what song the Fabulous Five are performing... it is °C-ute performing, therefore I like it!  These girls have really imprinted on my brain.

The Curtain Rises live performance

kudMUSe.jpg

I love it!!!

#258 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Is anyone big releasing this week (or has already released since it's Monday) and do they stand a chance to get a weekly #1? This might have been posted here already, but I don't rememeber seeing it.

I8dtEOy.gif

#259 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

^ You can look at the release schedule on Oricon's website.

I don't know what your Japanese literacy is, but the second category at the top 邦楽 is "Japanese Music", which is most of what you're likely interested in. I don't know who all is popular or not outside of the big names we always see, so I'm just going to list:

HANDSIGN

Sexy Zone

Asian Kung-fu Generation

Fujiwara Sakura

chay

SPYAIR

Beat Buddy Boi

ARS MAGNA

C-ute

Apink

Block B

Iketeru Hearts

Dragon Ash

#260 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Not sure we can beat Sexy Zone. This new single has all five members and the fans are pretty excited about it... I reckon they'll get 100k plus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users