Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#4241 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Reina's gold, like Ai-chan's is typical yellow. What changed is Harunan's went from all shades to light yellow. Sakura always tried to keep it light purple but sometimes it was Nonaka's purple as well until Miki joined.

Maa-chan's colour is way more regulated now instead of being as complicated as it seemed during ReinaSayu's CE times.

I don't think they'll make Haga's too regular orange though.
It is annoying when it comes to Maria's very pale pink or making Ogata's sea blue when it was just Reina's light blue.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#4242 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:26 AM

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but I hate that short bob shit.

The way things are going, soon I'll have to turn to the heavy metal world to see some long-haired beauties.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#4243 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

UO: Kaijuu no Ballad is the only original song (I don't count Wasuremono since it's just a Japanese interpretation of Danny Boy) that is salvageable from Thank You Very Berry.

I love you, Berryz, but that was the only song that was particularly notable in that entire musical.

#4244 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

As much as I love Koi wa Accha Accha. It will never go viral...

46okunen LOVE would've had a better chance of going viral.

#4245 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

46oku does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity. As fun as Accha Accha is and as much as it feels like an anthem, a lot of its appeal is visual and very closely tied to group participation. 46okunen LOVE on the other hand is just a really bangin song that can live on its own energy. I was singing Koi wa Accha Accha yesterday while I was finishing up some daily tasks, got distracted for a minute, and when I started singing again I was halfway into the second verse of 46oku before I realized I had switched songs.

#4246 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:22 PM

Honestly though, if they want a song (especially one like this) to go viral, they should give it and this amount of promotion to MM. I don't mean their members deserve it more, but out of all the groups MM is the most recognizable one with the biggest fanbase so they would be more likely to get a lot more people to listen to it. I actually think some of the tracks that Angerme has been getting, like 46okunen LOVE and Koi wa Accha Accha, probably should have gone to MM since those type of songs remind me of what made MM such a famous group in the first place. I'm also thinking this way because the Utakata Saturday Night was probably the most well received MM song since OTT and has been the most well received song since.

Before I get jumped by Angerme fans, I don't mean they don't do these songs well or they shouldn't get good songs. 

dlapuo76c72.gif

#4247 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

The weird thing is it doesn't feel like they want to promote MM outside the fanbase at all at the moment. They're taking risks for ANGERME, Juice=Juice and even Kobushi again (imagine MM doing little omakes for their MVs!) - and Tsubaki definitely has some refreshing elements as well. But it's still the standard and old formula for MM for nearly all releases.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#4248 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

I think UFA still needs to get out of the box they've been inside for long time, but at least they have progressed a little. And about MM doesn't being promoted outside the fanbase, I think the group reached a point where it can't rely just in its own name. So I UFA has to make promote the members (to new people) as individuals so they can help to the popularity of the group, at least that's what I think, because it seems like general people aren't aware of who are the current members and probably they don't care about it. That's why I think the members are being send to TV shows lately. 

Also, it has to be a very unpopular opinio if I say that I only want 1 new member for MM, I know many here wish for freshness in the group, but I don't think adding more members will help at all, I think changing some roles for some songs is the answer, like Oh my Wish where Kanon and Duu were the main vocalists and Riho didn't sing at all. So if there were more songs with concepts like OMW (dance and vocal team) there will be more freshness without adding four members per generation.

Morning Musume'19

#4249 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

^I actually kind of agree on only wanting one new member. There are too many member rn as it is imo. I think 1 new member who is really able to stand and a few role changes would freshen up the group.

On the note of the individual members not having enough individual activities to be well known by the public, I think UF is doing that on purpose...to all of the groups. So often members who graduate immediately have jobs lined up despite not having really had individual activities while they were tied to a group. Haruna, for example, was a back member in MM for years yet look at her now. It hasn't even been half a year since she graduated yet she's had more big profile solo jobs (modeling, acting, and variety) than in her time in MM. My only question is: why couldn't she have done work like this while she was in the group? I thought that was why they added her in the first place. She's not the only person this happened to and I don't understand why it happens at all. Wouldn't they draw more attention while they were still a part of a group with a stable fanbase, so I imagine jobs like this should be on the table, but we'll never actually know what goes on with UF.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#4250 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

^Maybe UFA was afraid that the members could leave if they have other individual jobs, but that's kind of stupid because that's what an idol is supposed to live and I think UFA is starting to let them, their appearnces in TV shows are a good sign, so let's hope for more individuals acitivities becuase I think the groups need it.

Morning Musume'19

#4251 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

I think a big part of it is due to how many concerts they end up doing on a regular basis. I wouldn't be surprised if H!P puts out the most concerts out of any idol group/company, it's literally hundreds within a year. But because of that, it eats up so much of their time, that they don't really get to do anything else. 

Like Momusu can't even go to college without having to graduate, while other groups can. Haachin had to leave to go to college. I think Chii-chan had a choice between school or joining Momusu. And I'm pretty sure if Duu could have done both Momusu and acting at the same time, she would still be in the group. I feel like her graduation was more contingent on her having to choose between the two, rather than feeling like "I'm done being an idol".

I think if they eased up on how many concerts they did, it would give them more opportunities to do other stuff. But as it stands, concerts are one of their biggest money makers, so I don't see them budging on it. There have been more TV appearances lately, so I guess we'll see if that goes anywhere.

#4252 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

Not exactly an opinion, but I've been watching some v-u-den and Ongaku Gatas videos recently and thought how lucky we are nowadays with non-flagship groups.

These groups had their own concerts but sold basically nothing compared to nowadays (alright, v-u-den wasn't that bad off to be fair). Even Kobushi, who are struggling at the moment, sell more.

Part of me wishes there'd be more of these casual groups, maybe crossovers between current groups and Kenshuusei. On the other hand we already have enough groups.

VKnn8U2.png

#4253 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

We've come close at various points on the crossovers, with music delivery (W-Inoue, really) for digital sales, the strange duality that some new groups get with the KSS (J=J and Tsubaki) after they first form, or when the floating debut period brought us Gobaku. We've also seen things somewhat towards temporary casual combinations for promotional purposes like Kamiishinaka Kana. The office just never seems to give these combinations any legs after their initial run. It's a shame, too, because some of the temporary groupings have been quite exceptional. Triplet's song "Dream Last Train" was just amazing, and Sato no Akari's "Aa Subarashiki Hibi Yo" was one of the best utilizations we've had for Rina's voice. A group or two like Buono these days with actual promotion behind them would probably do quite well if we were to consider them as something like seasonal treats the way Country Girls were supposed to work after the transfers and concurrencies.

If we were to get more casual units outside of the membership of the more established groups that function on minimal releases or events, I feel like that would require more of an all or nothing approach. To make it profitable, the agency would probably need to make several of these casual groups that could perform together on rotation at dedicated events or just as opening acts for other H!P/UF events. If you've got half a dozen units consisting of 2-4 people each, you could much more easily promote those types of programs as something like "arubaito idols" and not have to worry as much when you can't get every unit or even every member of a unit to an event. I feel like Beyooooonds (sans the part-time thing) at some point in its conception probably could have been intended like that to some degree, with the whole amorphous theme they were trying to lay out, but I imagine the Boonies will eventually just settle into 2 or 3 rigid formations that occasionally release songs as a whole. Ultimately, College Cosmos will probably be the closest thing we get simply because of the premise behind it. That just isn't directly held under H!P, has a fairly sizable roster, and is probably a little too structured in its concept to be considered very casual.

#4254 Ottonumbers

Ottonumbers

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:19 AM

The fact that we have only 1-2 singles a year is kinda sad honestly, the time between the singles feels like years inbetween

#4255 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

^ Feels like there's constantly something new in H!P happening (due to sheer # of groups), but if you only really follow one or two of the groups, yeah, it feels like forever between singles. I miss the (at least) 3 singles & 1 album / year when Tsunku was still producer  :(

#4256 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1237 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

I don't want any new member in KF and TF. I want them to be like C°and BK. I don't understand why people always talk about adding new members...

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#4257 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

Personally I don't need new members either. I'm not 100% against it though.

We're just so used to UF adding new members, especially to struggling groups. I guess most people don't really want new Kobushis, they just expect them to add some.

VKnn8U2.png

#4258 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:23 PM

I think some people are just really desperate to see a their fave kss debut, no matter where it is. As someone who's had a lot of faves drop out, i can empathize, but i think 5nin kobushi is already perfect.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#4259 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

I personally wouldn't mind new Tsubaki as long as they fit the concept of the group.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#4260 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

> I still haven't warmed up to Moe.

> KOKORO&KARADA/Ningen Kankei NO WAY WAY/LOVEPedia is a really bad single. Probably MM's worst ever. The fact that two songs are so similar is cheap. And the way they sing "no way way" in the chorus is painfully stupid.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users