Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#2641 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

UO: I'm happy Riko is getting a photobook :P

SAME. I was pleasantly surprised.

I just wish H!P photobooks weren't as boring these days. Bring back cow costumes.

donthaveacowman.jpg

#2642 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:31 AM

UO: I'm happy Riko is getting a photobook :P

SAME. I was pleasantly surprised.

I just wish H!P photobooks weren't as boring these days. Bring back cow costumes.

donthaveacowman.jpg

Dunno bout cow costumes but I agree that H!P PBs are boring.

Not sure if it's bad photographers or not letting girls have some input

#2643 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:52 AM

All gravure photobooks are boring because gravure is uninspired and boring.

#2644 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

I wish the last few H!P albums wouldn't do that thing where they have one disk for singles and one disk for new songs. It just means I'm never gonna get round to listening to the second disk (because all the songs I like and know well are on the first). If they want to do two disks for each album (which they kinda have to do if the want to include all the a-sides) they should distribute the singles and new songs evenly between the disks.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2645 MusubuDantotsu

MusubuDantotsu

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

^ The album "Kobushi Sono Ichi" (regular edition) had just one disc with all singles and many new songs. ^_^

#2646 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Personally I think Momoko's singing is very overrated. She can hold a tune and that's nice, it brings stability into a group like Country Girls where not everybody is a great singer, but for example in Buono she falls far behind Airi and Miyabi (for me at least). Her range is okay, but her voice doesn't have depth. 

That being said she's nowhere near bad.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#2647 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

I wish the last few H!P albums wouldn't do that thing where they have one disk for singles and one disk for new songs. It just means I'm never gonna get round to listening to the second disk (because all the songs I like and know well are on the first). If they want to do two disks for each album (which they kinda have to do if the want to include all the a-sides) they should distribute the singles and new songs evenly between the disks.

If I remember correctly, only Juice=Juice's album was made like this.  ^-^ 

Both C-ute's 9th and Kobushi's album had all singles & new song on one disc.

(However, I have to agree that the order of songs for C-ute's album was kind of uninspirative. 1-7 new songs, 8-18 singles, 19 a reprise of the first song... in this aspect Kobushi's song order is way better, because new song & singles are mixed up.) 

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#2648 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

I wish the last few H!P albums wouldn't do that thing where they have one disk for singles and one disk for new songs. It just means I'm never gonna get round to listening to the second disk (because all the songs I like and know well are on the first). If they want to do two disks for each album (which they kinda have to do if the want to include all the a-sides) they should distribute the singles and new songs evenly between the disks.

If I remember correctly, only Juice=Juice's album was made like this.   ^-^

Both C-ute's 9th and Kobushi's album had all singles & new song on one disc.

(However, I have to agree that the order of songs for C-ute's album was kind of uninspirative. 1-7 new songs, 8-18 singles, 19 a reprise of the first song... in this aspect Kobushi's song order is way better, because new song & singles are mixed up.) 

I actually liked what they did with Kobushi's album. Made all the "original" Kobushi tracks on one disc and all the covers on another. 
But sadly at this point with how long a gap we are getting in-between albums now (some groups not even having one even though they've been around 2 years)
They have to do the two disc method otherwise the albums wouldn't have any new tracks on it/

Personally I think Momoko's singing is very overrated. She can hold a tune and that's nice, it brings stability into a group like Country Girls where not everybody is a great singer, but for example in Buono she falls far behind Airi and Miyabi (for me at least). Her range is okay, but her voice doesn't have depth. 

Momo is actually really important to Buono! though. In those early years she really helped bring Miya and Airi's voices apart. I think in their younger days (not so much now) Miya and Airi sounded super similar so Momo being their was a nice mix up. 
She may not be as good as Miya or Airi, but she's by far top of current H!P like top 5 vocals at least.  

HLxdmXb.png

#2649 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Momo is actually really important to Buono! though. In those early years she really helped bring Miya and Airi's voices apart. I think in their younger days (not so much now) Miya and Airi sounded super similar so Momo being their was a nice mix up. 
She may not be as good as Miya or Airi, but she's by far top of current H!P like top 5 vocals at least.

I'm not saying that she isn't important, because especially Buono feels like a group where all members are on equal terms (singing quality aside, hard to top Airi). However, I'd deeply disagree with Momoko being in the top 5 vocals of current H!P. People I'd rank higher than her are:

• Airi
  • (Chisato on good days)
  • Sakura
  • Tomoko
  • Sayuki
  • Karin
  • (Funakki, but she might need some more growth to please most people - I mean, she is one of the youngest members of H!P atm after all)
  • Hirose Ayaka

Those are 6 I'd definitely put above her, 8 if you take Chisato and Funakki. Then there's also girls like Takechan and Minami and others some people wouldn't agree with me putting them over Momoko, but Momoko isn't that great. She's very constant though, that's a big advantage over many girls.

VKnn8U2.png

#2650 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

eh nvm I don't really feel like arguing it lol.

But honestly your original post isn't even that unpopular of an opinion a lot of people don't think Momo is great. I'd say it's a pretty common opinion.

HLxdmXb.png

#2651 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

A lot of people don't think she's great because her tone is annoying, and while we have plenty of people who are bad AND annoying, she's not one of them. I agree that she's one of the best singers and I definitely don't agree that everyone on that list is better than her.

#2652 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

I've seen several posts saying that she's one of H!P's top singers so I thought it was an unpopular opinion. I agree that her voice isn't what everybody likes but for me it's also, as said, the depth and in general... the feeling? Hard to explain.

And no need to argue, just maybe discuss things. An exchange of opinions that ends in an 'agree to disagree' scenario.

VKnn8U2.png

#2653 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

I have to say Momoko does have a good voice but she just doesn't blow me away

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#2654 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

I'm no fan of her tone (don't hate it either) but I think she's really good, better than Tomoko and Karin anyway. I thought her line in the H!P Love Take it All was the best. And yeah at least for what I followed in CG she's very consistent. I would put her in H!P's current best singers. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2655 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

Pretty much.

She slays almost anyone in H!P today. It's just her voice doesnt have much depth.

#2656 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Let's put it this way: Most people who think Momoko is a bad singer are probably a fan of Chisaki or Mai's voices (Not to pick on them but they are the two weakest singers). You might not like her voice but it's very hard to take a comment like she's terrible seriously lol.

I would say the top singers in H!P are Suzuki Airi, Tsugunaga Momoko, Takagi Sayuki, Oda Sakura, Okai Chisato and Hirose Ayaka hands down.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2657 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

^That is like my exact top list of best singers. 

Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#2658 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

As much as i love Momo i really don't think her singing is better than Karin and Tomoko...

#2659 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

And no need to argue, just maybe discuss things. An exchange of opinions that ends in an 'agree to disagree' scenario.

Just needed to bold that part out lol. discussing different views doesn't always mean arguing unless you're like "i'm right and you're wrong and this is why!" lmao 

personally. i like momochi's voice. its not annoying or jarring, and she can hold a tune. she's not one of the best singers in h!p but she delivers in most of the lines she gets (i don't remember there being a time where she flopped her lines horribly like 95% oh h!p idols do), so i'd say she's pretty stable/consistent/good. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2660 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

(I didn't really mean argue I was just more along the lines of I was to lazy to discuss anymore so eh.)

HLxdmXb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users