Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#2601 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

When it comes to Sayumi as her fan I just want to see her prove those who doubt or have no faith in her wrong. She spent her whole MM career doing just that. I expect her post idol career will go very much the same way. Eventually she'll move on from the character traits people knew her for in her idol years and branch off into a variety of things including but not limited to; theater plays, talk show hosting/guesting, modeling, maybe even voice acting and releasing a single here and there (with typical voice manipulation) to be picked up for anime or video games. Among the sea of "bad singers" that Japan has to offer Sayumi would be among the least bad as she at least has some years worth of proper training under her belt. As far as her dancing goes I can't see why that would be relevant for her career at all. Unless she can't pick up choreography quickly she'd be fine dancing just as well as she did in her time with MM unless she was leading the dance (and if she were leading the dance the choreography would almost certainly be done with highlighting her in mind so she'd hardly end up falling flat on her face even if she were surrounded by people who danced better than her), & this is all assuming she'd venture stuff that required her to dance which I can see happening on a scale of 25% out of 100. I'd worry for Sayumi as an entertainer when people who can get her good jobs or jobs in general no longer want anything to do with her.

#2602 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Sayumi has expressed disinterest in acting and is way too old to start a legitimate non-gravure modeling career (she's 28 in four months and that is ancient for a model with no real resume). She'll end up doing random variety stuff like the others she gets too old to do the idol stuff.

#2603 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

I don't think Sayumi will be successful in going solo, maybe if she would have done a group with former OG's like herself she could have been successful. I honestly think being an idol is what makes her the happiest so kudos to her for making a comeback.

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#2604 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

Back: Captain, Yurina, Chinami, Maasa
Front: Miyabi, Risako, Momoko

I got them right then!! yayyyyy 

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#2605 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:31 AM

Sayumi has expressed disinterest in acting and is way too old to start a legitimate non-gravure modeling career (she's 28 in four months and that is ancient for a model with no real resume). She'll end up doing random variety stuff like the others she gets too old to do the idol stuff.

She can pass as a teen tho?

Does age really matter when you still look pretty?

#2606 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

So far I can't imagine Sayu branching to new stuff. It's like she graduated from MM but is still an idol. I can see her with the same type of show for some time with her usual wota following but I'd be surprised if she got a place in variety at this point.

Considering the amount of younger, prettier girls, it does imo. I never thought Sayu was as gorgeous compared to other models or even inside MM/H!P though.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#2607 mo043311

mo043311

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

^

^ She doesn't even look like a teen anymore. She looks like she is in her 20's.... :c11:

#2608 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

Yes. And I agree with the above that she doesn't pass as a teen. She looks like a 20 something woman with a younger style. Being baby faced doesn't mean you pass as 18 forever. And Sayumi is more cute than drop dead gorgeous which doesn't suit itself towards more serious modeling. She's 100% too old for the type of magazines that would be interested in her look.

#2609 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:41 AM

...I watched 12th gen's performance of Shanimuni Paradise today and every time Ogata Haruna sang, I would just start cracking up.I know that she adds the visual factor / personality factor to Morning Musume, but she's actually the worst singer to ever join the group and maybe even H!P (If y'all try to say "Have you heard of Kusumi Koharu" I s2g).

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2610 Colours

Colours

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

^ Agreed. There's a reason she gets such a small amount of solo lines in concerts.

ki4pRBA.jpg

Set by Snipey

#2611 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

...I watched 12th gen's performance of Shanimuni Paradise today and every time Ogata Haruna sang, I would just start cracking up.I know that she adds the visual factor / personality factor to Morning Musume, but she's actually the worst singer to ever join the group and maybe even H!P (If y'all try to say "Have you heard of Kusumi Koharu" I s2g).

Ogata is so bad she can't even do JKM right. I don't think I've seen anyone do the mental gymnastics it would take to defend her singing, though. If they have, it must be nice to be able to believe in someone so much.

#2612 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:36 AM

I mean, at least she's trying though? She's progressed a lot, but singing just isn't her forte lol. But at least she contributes a sweet and funny personality to the group, although I feel like she kind of holds back from letting it out on live appearances. Which isn't her fault, since UFP likes giving the microphone to the boring members lol (I know, Fukumura's leader, but still).

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#2613 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

I like hearing Haachin sing because I think her voice is cute in a bad way, and also you can hear how happy she is in her voice, but she's definitely not anywhere near good lol

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#2614 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

This song is from 2015 though. She is still a bad singer (and will probably never be a good singer) but she improved recently. (She did a good job when she recorded Brand New Morning for example).

I'm agree with Taskinist anyway. The only bad singer's voice i really hate is Mai XD (Though unlike Oharu she's'here for a looooonng time :P) And considering some good singers are super boring, i'd rather take someone like Ogata who make me laugh and smile than someone who look dead inside XD

As for the lack of solo lines in concert, there is a lot of short/easy/speaking lines with vocoder hat could be given to her.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#2615 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

What would you call the era before Sayumi's leadership?

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#2616 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

I like hearing Haachin sing because I think her voice is cute in a bad way, and also you can hear how happy she is in her voice, but she's definitely not anywhere near good lol

I agree with this! It's so cute like "aw she tried" but the fact that she remains so happy and energetic almost erases the fact that she can't hold a tune.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#2617 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

What would you call the era before Sayumi's leadership?

most call it revival era, but it's one of those era's that isn't definite like golden, platinum or colourful. it's like twilight era (another debatable term) 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2618 mo043311

mo043311

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

1. I don't see Maho Aikawa coming back to Angerme 

2. Sayu looks kinda pathetic coming back and being all cutesy like a teen or child. She is almost 30 she needs to move on and grow up.

#2619 I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

• Senpai
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

I like Fukumura singing voice than Oda. Though I have to admit that Oda has the best singing voice right now, but most of the time I like hearing Fukumura voice more.

Fukumura also is not as boring as people make her, if you regularly read her blog as I do, she has one of the most interesting personality on the group.

About Sayu, yeah I have to agree at some of your opinions about her performing again, but that what she loves to do so I definitely support her. For me her strength are her looks, talking, personality and popularity, so she's more suited on talk shows, MC and variety at her age right now. Though when it comes to looks, Sayumi is still cuter and prettier than most of H!P member right now.

And Ogata being a bad singer is really not an unpopular opinion, we already know that from the start so I don't expect much about her singing. But Ogata strength is similar to Sayu's, she's pretty, got a funny personality, and can be good at variety given more opportunity. And for some of us that's enough good points for an idol.

#2620 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Yes. And I agree with the above that she doesn't pass as a teen. She looks like a 20 something woman with a younger style. Being baby faced doesn't mean you pass as 18 forever. And Sayumi is more cute than drop dead gorgeous which doesn't suit itself towards more serious modeling. She's 100% too old for the type of magazines that would be interested in her look.

Makes sense I guess. But cant she use her name to get a few deals here and there? Even CMs?

Ogata isnt ugly but her looks were overhyped ever since people saw her pics when she auditioned. Add to the fact that people thought they were gonna get a variety star when they saw her silly photos.

1. I don't see Maho Aikawa coming back to Angerme 
2. Sayu looks kinda pathetic coming back and being all cutesy like a teen or child. She is almost 30 she needs to move on and grow up.

1. Kinda agree. Mental illness is hard
2. NOO SAYU A CUTE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users