• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

I have absolutely no idea what to think about this single anymore. My heart aches for the AKB only girls and the graduates who came back to play second fiddle for a sister group ace.

#42 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

Mmkay, I officially love the song! I wonder if all the old members are going to be wearing black tops to contrast with all the white.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Sakura solo lines in the beginning, though.. the fan recording was recorded with a potato during a squall, it seems, but it sounds very much like a rather long Sakura line in the beginning.

I'm happy for her getting her first solo AKB center, since she IS an AKB member and has been for some time... but it doesn't help out her tone-deafness at all lol.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#43 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

It's sad that Mion's the only next gen. member present in this senbatsu. But at least she's there, so yay.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#44 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

There are three girls at the moment that are doing exceptionally well of the younger generation: Miion, Naachan, and Yuirii. Of the three, Miion has been given the gorioshi treatment, whereas the other two have been put much more in the back. Ignoring them for too long will be a costly mistake as it's always a good idea by management to back up fan favorites.

There's a couple of things that are interesting about this single, none of which are positive: Current most popular members in AKB48 are shafted, graduated members are brought back (and overshadows younger members), the most popular 48G member is put in the back (and has complained about this together with talks about motivation), an HKT48 girl is center in a supposed AKB48 10 year anniversary single, not an AKB48 girl.

Well, nothing here is new really.

At any rate, I haven't heard the single yet. Maybe I should, before I order it.

#45 Ohnox

Ohnox

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hmm.. with melody song seems okay.. But I don't like the repeat words on chorus like "melody melody" "harmony harmony" it kind of feels stupid and much better with only one.. "Boku no melody.. etc." Not happy with member choices.. Would love to had more next gen members.. And I really hope Yukirin's position is more up than the one she had.. Seriously she is popular and everything why put her somewhere behind everyone? Also.. Not fan of Sakura so.. Not liking her as a center.. But anyway.. can't wait to hear SKE, NMB and AKB teams versions of this song.. 

Hmm.. with melody song seems okay.. But I don't like the repeat words on chorus like "melody melody" "harmony harmony" it kind of feels stupid and much better with only one.. "Boku no melody.. etc." Not happy with member choices.. Would love to had more next gen members.. And I really hope Yukirin's position is more up than the one she had.. Seriously she is popular and everything why put her somewhere behind everyone? Also.. Not fan of Sakura so.. Not liking her as a center.. But anyway.. can't wait to hear SKE, NMB and AKB teams versions of this song.. 

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

☆★☆

#46 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

Sakura is the next gens Jurina, I thought that was pretty clear.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#47 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

And let's not talk about what's on stage48, people went from "what are graduated members doing in this single ?! get out!!!" to "I wanted a graduated member to be center!!! Get Sakura out!" and some people were so full of hate they were close to a stroke I swear lol (thankfully weren't so many)

Oh believe me, I'm not even going to lurk there!! Avoid that as much as possible! lol

^

^

I've been waiting for your take on this.

I'm continuing to have problems with this single. Though I don't want it to be...but I thought that there would be a nice bridge between old and new members (as, they are using graduated members) I hoped for more girls from new generation, but it looks like Miion, Rena, and Yuria are the only ones.

I have nothing wrong with Sakura; she's so pretty and talented and I love her hair now. But...management choosing just her brings on much hate, as we have seen in the comments...

She doesn't deserve the hate comments.

And...my opinion, the song is too basic for me. Although the repeated words are stuck in my head, it wasn't what I was expecting for the 10th anniversary single. Unless something changes with me... :unsure:

In other words that should be noted, besides having each group sing a B side, I noticed on wiki48 that each B side corresponds to one of AKB's stages, with the theater edition having the new M.T. ni Sasugu song from the new stage. I have no clue what it's all about, but the only thing I can think of is each group singing a song from each AKB stage. I hope we find out more soon so I can update the main post.

1. (Type-A Exclusive track) A3 ()
  2. (Type-B Exclusive track) A4 ()
  3. (Type-C Exclusive track) A5 ()
  4. (Type-D Exclusive track) A6 ()
  5. (Type-E Exclusive track) A7 ()
  6. A8 (M.T.に捧ぐ)

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#48 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

Interesting, we will have to wait...

Stage48 always pages and pages of debate. Much to do about nothing.

Jijipress on the RH day 1, Kimi wa Melody start @7:55

Spoiler

>

#49 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

I'm so glad that this forum is so much more well behaved than Stage48...like...they're literally debating about whether or not Sakura deserves a solo center. People are alleging that she's making dealings with Aki-P and blah blah blah, and it's all just too much.

It's a sweet song, she looks cute as hell, and I think the total package will be quite nice and much better than Kuchibiru, which I considered to be a big disappointment.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#50 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

I think that people who complain about Sakura being a center are just bitter because their oshi isn't. It would be the same if Mayu was a center. The whole discussion "Mayu is a boring center, bring us Sashihara/Yukkirin/Paruru/Kojima" would also be heated.

#51 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Some thoughts:

With regards to Sakura as center, this is more or less a non-issue. There are other things which are far more pressing to me than this (the problem of letting graduated members back into the group, poor utilization of younger generation members, song quality, etc.), although sure I can understand not being happy with this center or whatever, but then that's just a matter of taste/preference and not much more than that.

I think it's a little peculiar that Sasshii's position is in the back - from what I can tell - as she's a real heavyweight, and while I am not saying she should have center in all AKB48 singles, at least in the front line. It's warranted.

As for the song, it sounds like an improvement to the previous single. What I have been missing, are better melodies instead of this very bland generic sound, usually with a higher BPM. For example, why should Nogizaka46 get quality song after quality song while AKB48 gets some watered down stuff you forget after 3-4 listens only?

To me Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai and Halloween Night have been very good, and before this Kokoro no Placard was decent (even if it was a rerun of Koisuru Fortune Cookie), and Labrador Retriever was great. Before this again Heart Ereki was OK and Koisuru Fortune Cookie was excellent.

I'd like to have more songs in the vein of Bokutachi/Labrador -- solid melodies that stick in your head for a long time. Songs I do not care for are Eien Pressure, So long, Suzukake, Maeshika Mukanee, Kibouteki Refrain, Green Flash, Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby. These are far too simple. Not much effort here.

Also I really hope management can give a solid push to Naachan and Yuirii. The girls can only do so much themselves, management must also do their part. And these two girls are on a roll and have been for some time now. It's a pity Yuirii declined senbatsu election participation, because I think she would've ranked in this time.

Finally, as for s48, I really don't read that forum, and the very rare times I visit it, I leave just as quick. While it is a larger forum than H!O when it comes to 48G related topics, it has a vast number of very new and very young fans, who behave like absolute idiots. While that sounds very harsh, anybody can find out for themselves if they only care to look (which to be honest you really don't need to do). And if someone on s48 doesn't like this assessment, they need to observe things more closely...

Hope the extra songs/PV's for this single will be good.

#52 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

See I guess this where having a variety of songs is good. I find labrador very boring as a song(and dance and video and literally nothing about it appealed to me). Kokoro no placard was acceptable but for me Eien Pressure and Kibouteki refrain were amazing. Kibouteki especially, easily one of my favourite akb48 a-sides of all time. Something about it really appealed to me on a very deep level somehow(I don't even fully understand why).

I was annoyed with Maeshika originally as I thought it was a poor mans melon juice but it's grown on me as a good concert song. 

Green flash and kuchibiru can go away forever and I'll be fine so I agree with you on those. Suzukake is as acceptable as kokoro no placard to me.

But this is cool, having very different opinions on these songs but still enjoying the same group :)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#53 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

That is being human. "Beauty is in the eye of beholder."

#54 SakuraSake~

SakuraSake~

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Okay, I decided to give my opinions on this since my Kami-Oshi will get the position zero on this single.. and lets not discuss a beauty, as it already well described by Pink-ku there ^ and by the way, this is my first comment in this forum, so please be easy on me ( ^ ^")

Though Sakura is my oshi, but Im honestly not quite sure for her being center for a single this big (being 10th aniv single and all). I'll start with the fact that this is indeed an AKB48 10th aniv, why put a Kennin member on center position? I understand that she is so talented and her popularity is massively growing, but I think most people agree that lately, AKB48 members are being a little overshadowed by the Kennin members, so I think it'd be best if the mgmt put an AKB48 member as a center instead, they should be more confident for showing their members, atleast if they intend to give it to young gens (for the sake of regeneration), why not Paruru? I think she got the same level of popularity with Sakura (or any other heavyweight members), and she can represent AKB48 young gen quite well (I might even say she is now the face of future AKB48), all the more with her sousenkyo 2015 speech that she is intended to bring AKB48 to the next level along with Yui-han her douki member that been chosen as a new Soukantoku..

Second, I admit this one is a little selfish.. from what i see during Kibouteki, Sakura is a big sellout, she barely being an HKT48 member. She never been in HKT48's variety shows, her appearances in theatre is very very limited, but she's not participated in AKB48 shows or small events quite often either, except for the single promotion related.. and i thought it'll pass with the single's hype gone, but even now, she can only be seen in HKT48 at big events or concerts.. most of her schedules are outside 48G related, like commercials and gravures (especially gravures..). Well, if that is the way she chose to be as an idol, im happy for her as long as she loves what she's doing.. But IMO, this kind of member not really fit to be a regeneration-single centre (and Im sure this is what the management's aim to presents for this single)..

But well, if we see Sakura individually, the talents, of course she deserves whatever going at her..

Oh, and I agree that AKB48's single songs is continously downgrading.. -__-"

(btw sorry if I messed up any grammar (" ^ ^) )

#55 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

Paruru is a problem though. Her popularity is declining somewhat. The reasons are many, but mostly people are tired of her self-entitled stuck-up attitude, with all the negative comments she has about fans, sister groups, other girls, etc. In Japan, they call it the "Shimazaki Sickness", referring to how some other girls are emulating her salty attitude, with the unfortunate outcome that fans don't like that girl much anymore. So with regards to younger generation girls who look up to seniors, this attitude is a big problem. It hurts the group.

If you want an AKB48 member to be a center, I am sure there are better alternatives. And what I want with AKB48, is a revitalization. I want more focus on AKB48 members, in particular those who work hard, have a really good attitude both towards the music and the performances, the group itself, but also fans. Girls who are popular and have lots of potential - not just girls I care about - any girl is great, as long as she fulfills these criteria. If management can bring more focus back on this, it would also revitalize fans, because it would create excitement again. Instead of the same-old same-old, where you know there's very little variation, and that there's always this focus on sister group girls, when there's aces within AKB48 waiting to take it to that next level... 

#56 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

They have to be promoted or groomed from the start. Look what Sasshi did with Nako Miku and Maria now. HKT future is bright. I don't see they doing that in AKB. In AKB looks like they just wait till someone emerges in the spotlight and lets go with her (Paruru with janken winner, Sakura with her popularity) or sudden push (like Myao Mion in the recent request hour). The management are also doing the right thing with NGT, from the start they grooming the group and Katomina as the ace. Lets see how far and bright will it get.

#57 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

Actually, what they are doing with Katomina is nothing new or out of the ordinary. It's the same thing that they did with HKT48 (Haruppi), same thing they did with NMB48 (Sayanee, Milky), same thing they did with SKE48 (Rena, Jurina). They always pick girls to be the front girls, with one or more aces. What's crucial however, is what comes after that, and how are you continuing this development? With AKB48 it's pick one girl, push the hell out of her, then when there's not enough response, drop her like hot coal and move on to the next girl. This means that dropped girls become "old" and their potential diminishes. In conclusion this hurts the group, because there's not an endless supply of girls. They need to look more closely at what the girls do and how the fans respond. Right now the girls they need to develop not just for the next two weeks, but for more than a year, is Naachan, Miion, and Yuirii. Also, there is Sayaya, who they definitely should push. If they just do the initial push then drop, it doesn't work.

#58 SakuraSake~

SakuraSake~

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Agreed.. I think one of the crucial problem in AKB senbatsu lately is Kennin takeover, look at K for example, the domination of Sayanee and Jurina is massive.. if the management want to utilize their popularity, they should make them as a pillars, not a frontiers.. since Jurina announced her resignation from the team, I think its time to give other members a chance to shine

and I think im tired of the graduated members involvement.. lately they are everywhere, the management should percieves the 10th aniv for the moment to move forward, to be something new and different, not looking back, Its great having the grad members involves in the celebrations, but to be included in the latest single senbatsu? really? when it should be a good moment to promote the young potential members..

maybe the regeneration shouldn't only be applied to the group, but also for the management

#59 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

Paruru is not stuck up! Not even a little. It's at the point where I think you just willfully ignore anything Paruru does. I'm getting super tired of the amount of Paruru hate spewing out from here BASELESS hate. Paruru hates sister groups being in akb singles of course she does ALL the new gen akb probably hate it. Paruru wants akb members to be more promoted in akb and I see nothing wrong with her wanting that.
Paruru was shy at first which led to the 'salty' character that staff made her promote(like how Kawaei isn't really stupid and actually hated her stupid character). She's said now she'd rather be herself more and that's what she's going to do more of now.
She's been promoting new gen on twitter, when she talks etc. She still performed whilst having a foot that was burnt. She's humble enough that she tried to escape after performing Bokutachi for the first time, she was so nervous she could barely cope. Someone who is 'stuck up' would not be that nervous nor care that much. She even ASKED for a cool song cuz she felt it was more suitable as a Team A member. Paruru has been working really hard DESPITE her issues with asthma. Stop forgetting that people DIE from asthma attacks.

If someone was talking like you do about Paruru about someone you like you'd be asking them to tone it down, probably with an eloquently written paragraph or 2 about it too. I'm not eloquent and frankly I'm too annoyed right now to even try. Your opinion isn't the be all and end all and does not represent how most people feel about her.

http://akbzine.com/2...s-bad-mouthing/

THIS does not sound like someone who hates their fans.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#60 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

Kennins honestly aren't as big as a problem as everyone makes them out to be. Look at all the kennins/sister group members in this senbatsu right now. 

Jurina, Sae (SKE), Sayanee (NMB), Sasshi, Sakura (HKT), Kitarie (NGT). That's 6 members out of 16 positions. When you think it it this way, it looks bad. Why? because its almost half of the girls in senbatsu, but when you look at the girls a little more closely you'll realize that kennins/sister group members aren't really that big of a problem. 

Out of the members I listed above, only Sayanee and Sakura have a kennin in AKB. That's 2/16 kennin members in senbatsu. 

Out of the members listed above again, Jurina, Sae, Sasshi and Kitarie have been in AKB a-sides pre 2009. 

It's true that they could exchange these members for AKB members, but Jurina, Sae, Sasshi and Kitarie (although sister group members in name) have been AKB members for a long time, longer than the new gen, and they're faces that the general public know. Management is faced with the decision of including faces the public knows or faces the public don't know. It's better for them to add in newer members slowly so that the public can get used to them.

Mion is a great addition to the senbatsu line up and I'm sure that after Sae leaves, a new-gen member will replace her. Kitarie will soon be replaced with Katomina after they've groomed her enough for AKB's senbatsu, and Takamina is on her way out leaving one extra position in senbatsu. Kojiharu, Yukirin, Mayu and Sasshi will probably announce their graduation within a year or two so by the end of 2017 we could very well see a whole new senbatsu lineup. Not to mention we have "not so new" new gen members in Yuria, Annin and Renacchi.

I think that people who complain about Sakura being a center are just bitter because their oshi isn't. It would be the same if Mayu was a center. The whole discussion "Mayu is a boring center, bring us Sashihara/Yukkirin/Paruru/Kojima" would also be heated.

I don't think so.. Mayu has been pushed as the face of AKB the moment Acchan left. For many AKB fans Mayu is the ace of AKB, with Paruru following alongside her. Had they have put Mayu in the center of the 10th anniversary single, most would have gone "ehhh, well i guess it's expected". For a HKT member to center an AKB anniversary single is baffling. For a girl who ranked 7th to be picked over girls who ranked 6th-1st is baffling. For a member with a 3/4 year tenure in 48G to be a center of a 10th anniversary single when there are members in the group with a 10 year tenure in 48G is baffling. 

There are many reasons for fans for to be upset about Sakura centering the song and almost all of them are valid. 

I for one have no problem seeing her center the song because I can tell that from a business stand point, it's a smart and logical choice to have a the most popular new/young gen member center the song. As a fan however, I just really wished that they would have picked someone who is an AKB member that has debuted within AKB. Whether its Mion, Mayu, Kojiharu, Paruru or Mako, I think many fans would have preferred that outcome.

I think the worst thing about this single is Sasshi's position. It's ludicrous to have the number 1 ranking member in 48G in the 3rd row of senbatsu. Senbatsu is literally the "ALL STAR 48G". To have a member who has ranked #1 twice (and the only member who has done so that is still in the group) placed in such a low position is insulting to her and her fans. It's like putting Sayanee or Jurina in 4th row of SKE/NMB senbatsu. 

The only comment I'll make about the Paruru conversation is that, I can understand Paruru's situation with her asthma, and I understand that the Salty character was something that worked for her until recently (and it shows in senbatsu). As Paruru is my #1 in AKB and #2 in 48G it might seem biased for me to say this but I honestly think that Paruru is such a sweet girl and if there is anyone who should be the center of AKB it should be her. As the ace of Team A and acchan's "official" successor, and as a member who has such strong views on the situation with AKB new gens and wanting to bring AKB back up to the top again, I think she is the perfect candidate for the center position. Her asthma is the only thing stopping her right now but I'm sure that once she's learnt to maintain it she'll be able to center singles again. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users