Photo

Morning Musume 12ki Member "Mirai Shoujo" Audition (No Winner)

Morning Musume 12th Generation Auditions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
781 replies to this topic

#681 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

I don't know why being a Kenshusei would possibly be free. It's getting the time and facilities of professional dancers, singers, etc. I'm sure there will be former Kenshusei turning up in non H!p idol groups, if there haven't been already. And the truth is, girls come out of that program very strong. Able to communicate with the professional staff, and ready for hard work and able to take professional criticism from their instructors.
It's also not so different from Johnny's (which is a little more cut throat) or the Korean system (which is a little more corporate) both of which produce a lot of popular material...

And for the record, I have no idea what this legend is about "the platinum era failing". I think there's a lot of imagined history going on here.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#682 Boota Pouncer

Boota Pouncer

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

The whole Platinum Era not succeeding because of no auditions I feel is bull as well. A drop in popularity in a group that has been around for awhile is bound to happen, there are alot of things that factored into that at the time and H!P has improved on many of those things....calling them a failure of an era is not a true statement by any means, and is not fair to the girls who were apart of MM at the time.

c68e9916-e2ad-4e9c-ae14-e39c1dc2174e.jpg

#683 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

^^

I've been a Morning Musume fan since 2007. It isn't imagined. It was true. the group suffered terrible sales, due to no promotion or new members. The line up got stale and well boring, since it was always a Reina/Ai lead with Eri/Risa back up song. 

Example: When One Two Three/TMS came out. It outsold every platinum era song.

Honestly it felt more like a family than an idol group, now there's so much competition within the group, their interesting to watch.

The only thing I miss from the Platinum Era is Eri. Eri was my oshi and she still is. :) 

#684 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

^ I've been around since 2003, and the Platinum Era wasn't a fail at all.... Though sales were a bit low and the stable line-up got a bit stale, no one sat there at the time and thought "WOAH MOMUSU IS SCREWED". The only time that felt sorta like that was when Kaorin announced her graduation, because people were worried about losing the final 1st gen member... Everyone expected Osaka Koi no Uta to be a disaster, yet it was pretty well received despite being the final single for the new leader and Charmy

But there's never been a time in Momusu's history, that I've partaken in, where things felt like a failure.

In retrospect, the Platinum era singles were strong, and everyone really received them very well. Especially songs like Lullaby Game, Kimagure Princess, and Nanchatte Renai. I had an active presence on several J-pop forums, and there wasn't much notable negativity during these times...just the same old whiney people complaining that their favorite doesn't get solos, that they hate Koha, that LinLin "deserves" more lines, blah blah blah. Same stuff as today, just replace Koha with Riho and LinLin with Zukki.

Sales don't determine quality, and I really wish people would finally realize this.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#685 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

Sales don't determine quality, and I really wish people would finally realize this.

This. I totally agree with you

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#686 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

In retrospect, the Platinum era singles were strong, and everyone really received them very well. Especially songs like Lullaby Game, Kimagure Princess, and Nanchatte Renai. I had an active presence on several J-pop forums, and there wasn't much notable negativity during these times...just the same old whiney people complaining that their favorite doesn't get solos, that they hate Koha, that LinLin "deserves" more lines, blah blah blah. Same stuff as today, just replace Koha with Riho and LinLin with Zukki.

Platinum era songs were my favorite, and the group was great, just predictable. After JunJun and LinLin entered, there were no big changes until the 9kis came in.  We all new what to expect. So, it wasn't bad at all, but it's much more exciting being a fan now than it was during the Platinum era, because we're starting to expect big changes and growth in Morning Musume.

More than wanting them to take Riho's lines and give them to Zukki, I'd rather have them make more solo lines. There are sooooo many group lines. If they took just 4 of those and gave them to Zukki, Haruna, Eripon, and Duu, everyone would be just a little quieter about it. I'd be happy.

And I know you don't care about the girls selling a lot or getting #1 on the charts, but that doesn't mean it's not important. They get more exposure and promotion when it happens. And it obviously means a lot to the girls. As fans, we should all want them to be happy. And while they shouldn't be ashamed or upset if they're not at #1, they deserve to want it, and celebrate when they reach it.

#687 wahashimoto

wahashimoto

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

I always though UF kept Momusu stagnant during Platinum to help promote Berikyuu more.

Avvie made by me! :3

miya.mikitty.gaki-san.chisa.kanon

#688 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Spoiler

^^;

Jokes aside, I'm with the side that's okay with there being no new members added. I just think that the current lineup is doing great as it is and I want people new to the group to know about the present Morning Musume and it's members. Adding new members would just confuse people who are new to the fandom.

Though it is unfair to the contestants but the girls with high potential are invited to join Kenshuusei so it's all good right? Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#689 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Spoiler

^^;

You get a hug from me for this  :good:

6DYNteh.png

#690 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Spoiler

^^;

B)    Couldn't find one with just glasses....

Awesome nerd joke there....

#691 MorningKawaii

MorningKawaii

MaaDuu❣

• Senpai
  • 2647 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Spoiler

^^;

haha that's a good point you got there  XD

#692 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I was meaning to write quickly why I thought this audition resulted in no members quickly.

Judging by the video, it was very last minute and probably only really decided within the past day or so. With the way Tsunku was putting it, he made it sound like he wanted the current members to become more known before adding more members. I think this was because of the positive response to Morning Musume's appearance on Music Station, and the apparent boom it caused in interest of them in Japan.

So to sum it up quickly, after the Music Station episode there was a small boom in interest on Morning Musume. Management noticed this and thought it would be wise to keep the line up the same for a short time longer to keep the quality the same but primarily to get the current Morning Musume more known to the public. After Momusu has gained some more popularity I think they will re-hold the 12th gen audition. Does that make sense?

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#693 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

^ I think so too. 

The interest was really good after their appearance and hopefully this goes on. 

Maybe Tsunku hold auditions next year.

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#694 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

^

^ That does make sense, and that's what I was thinking too.

I'm glad there were no winners. I just want the current girls to be able to establish themselves properly for a while, and that looks like it's what Tsunku/UFA want too. With how much Momosu are being promoted, right now, with the "We are the current Morning Musume" thing, and doing those individual videos for each member etc - it seems kind of counter-productive to add NEW members during all that. A lot of people don't even know who the CURRENT members are, and that's what these campaigns are about. So it would seem odd to do all that and then turn round a few weeks later and say "Ok, that's all already out of date now - they're not the current Morning Musume anymore, we've got new people, now THIS is the current Morning Musume."

It would just complicate things and confuse people.

(And also I think Morning Musume has enough members already. Quality over quantity.)

I'm happy for auditions again in a year or so.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#695 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I bet a number of the girls in the 12th Gen audition will get to go into the Eggs and later to Morning Musume.

#MAGA

#696 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

I think Cio and Bexie have it right.

Anyone think that UFA is going all in this time (poker reference)? Everything they have been pushing since 123 is going to culminate in this single. They even needed an extra month and a half to get the single out. I wouldn't be surprised if their target was 150K-200K sales on this single. After sales are known, they will know the potential of this MM iteration and will adjust their subsequent auditions.

#697 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

12ki have a winner. She even performed in harokon

Her name is Yamada Sakura

1173836_664707706874138_775312124_n.jpg

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#698 timekiller001^

timekiller001^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

^

:omg:

:D :D

#699 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

^

^

Lol they spelled Oda-chan's name wrong, nice one spotting that one!

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#700 visionfactory

visionfactory

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm glad there are no new members, it has been too much new people since 9ki joined they are not ABC48

ºC-uteYajima Maimi

Juice=JuiceMiyamoto Karin

Berryz工房Sugaya Risako

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users