• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#781 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

O∆O That pic of the crowd... I'm in the front row but I look dead...!! @.@ lol Well concerts are exhausting.... ^^;

I'm glad they mentioned Shiawase no Tochuu. <3 I somehow forgot some of the lines even though I never forget in practice... XD XD XD But I'm glad I remembered most of it and I wasn't the only one singing. lol

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#782 -=o=-

-=o=-

"Oh-san", an original Berryz Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

My video is taking a long time, but still working on it. I'd say it's about 91% done. Just a few touch ups before I post it.

With all your pro-looking camera get ups, I'm expecting quite a presentation! Even if it were shaky and pixelated, I'd love it just because I can say I was there and knew that mysterious cameraman.

Up Front Link has their official report of the event up now:
https://www.facebook...378409302217993
It's great that they recognized us trying to sing "Shiawase no Tochuu"...I remember the crowd being barely audible from where I was.

The "fans/Berryz Kobo" duet was what I had been hoping for for quite some time before AN2012. I'm so happy so many fans tried to sing it... and even more happy it was noticed and written about on UFLink... just wished/hope the girls heard or knew about it at the time. (I mentioned this "duet" attempt in my "appreciation letter" to Berryz Kobo's staff. I didn't know anyone from Up Front knew about it when I wrote my letter.)

And congrats, Vodka, you are now property of Up Front Agency media! ;)

Whew! So glad I gave Vodka the honor of presenting the banner. *shudders to think of ME in that photo* (Though, my head would've probably been cropped out of the top of the photo.)

And if anyone wants to re-live the day-by-day goings-on from my perspective, I'm in the middle of writing everything up at JPH!P:
http://forum.jphip.c...3779#msg1053779

*heads over there now to read about it now...*

... Nevermind, I just realized there was probably another hallway past the party room (I just remembered everyone initially walking towards that side exit after we cleaned up before turning around).

Yeah, in a video I haven't uploaded, you can see Yaz and the other Staff members coming from that hallway (which was clearly marked with a sign pointing to "guest rooms") just before Hello!Party3 got underway. Funny thing is, I was so "out of it" that night (and feeling quite ill) that I never noticed them there that night.

Shimizu Saki Okai Chisato Takagi Sayuki Takeuchi Akari Fujii RioFunaki MusubuAkiyama Mao

#783 -=o=-

-=o=-

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hate to double post; but, I have a couple more vids up from AnimeNEXT2012...not of Berryz Kobo; but, of the next best thing: their fans!

Shimizu Saki Okai Chisato Takagi Sayuki Takeuchi Akari Fujii RioFunaki MusubuAkiyama Mao

#784 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

LOL I can understand why Risako seemed so scared by you guys ^^; XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#785 ryu1132

ryu1132

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Finally my quest is over and our princess is not in another castle!(inside joke) Been a walking zombie for the past couple of weeks. Working 10 plus hours a day and when getting home, working on my video till falling a sleep from exhaustion then going back to work 10 plus hour days with only 4 hours of sleep has been my routine for the past couple of weeks.

Sorry for such a long delay, I was aiming to release this on my birth day(June 19 same as Yuko Nakazawa) but hiccup here and there prevented it.

I can finally say I AM DONE!!!!!! So here's my video of Berryz Kobo at Animenext. It's quite LONG so sit back, relax, and grab some popcorn and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!(for those of you who weren't there you will get this later) :P

I would like to apologize for any awkwardness or mistakes. This was my first time making a video of this sort.

Please tell me what you guys think of this and don't be too harsh. If your computers can handle it, please watch this in 1080P or the highest quality possible because at certain points, this dose make a whole lot of a difference.

-=o=-, please tell me this meets your expectations. :lol:

P.s This is dedicated to all the Berryz Kobo fans and especially to the ones who couldn't make it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaW_pMtJ2r8

#786 J-Triumf

J-Triumf

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

AWESOME VIDEO! Man, just watching that and reliving the events through your little documentary makes me really miss our time out there. Great job with the editing and music selection, especially at the end.

I like how tired and dejected I look during the Hello Party wotagei demonstration. :lol: I did my best to keep up, though! It was a long but memorable day.

And hey, we have the same birthday!!! Happy belated to both of us (and Nakazawa-sama)! XD

The "fans/Berryz Kobo" duet was what I had been hoping for for quite some time before AN2012. I'm so happy so many fans tried to sing it... and even more happy it was noticed and written about on UFLink... just wished/hope the girls heard or knew about it at the time. (I mentioned this "duet" attempt in my "appreciation letter" to Berryz Kobo's staff. I didn't know anyone from Up Front knew about it when I wrote my letter.)

I'm pretty sure the girls recognized our efforts; I clearly remember them pointing their mics at us a few times during the song.

Between finishing up my own write-up, watching all these videos, thinking about all the random encounters between the girls and the fans and the whole "so close yet so far" feeling that comes with them, it all just reaffirms my desire to be able to do this kind of thing again soon. I'll be more prepared for it too! The convention was both a fun experience and a learning experience.

Looking at the concert setlist again and realizing how rock-oriented it was, I'm just gonna call it right now and predict that Buono is next to come over! :P There's only three of them, so logistics should be easier, plus they got the anime connections.

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - Ask.fm - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

#787 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

^x2 Dude............that was seriously AMAZING!!!
Brought back all the great memories and emotions of that weekend! You have a real talent :respect:

My view of the Berryz Riot 2:

Thankfully, the video ends before I REALLY lost my voice... I think Vodka's favorite part to tease me about. :lol:

Ahahaha! I love it! XD
Just shows how dedicated you were to yelling out Berryz is the best at the top of your lungs.

Up Front Link has their official report of the event up now:
https://www.facebook...378409302217993
It's great that they recognized us trying to sing "Shiawase no Tochuu"...I remember the crowd being barely audible from where I was.

And congrats, Vodka, you are now property of Up Front Agency media! ;)

Whew! So glad I gave Vodka the honor of presenting the banner. *shudders to think of ME in that photo* (Though, my head would've probably been cropped out of the top of the photo.)

LMAO! I don't know wether it's a good or bad thing to be owned by Up-Front Agency.
Does this mean I get a solo career with them or something? :P

And if anyone wants to re-live the day-by-day goings-on from my perspective, I'm in the middle of writing everything up at JPH!P:
http://forum.jphip.c...3779#msg1053779

Heading over to read it now. :)

#788 -=o=-

-=o=-

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

@ryu1132 - Expectations?! Whoa! You are a walking spy camera! :ph34r: When I saw you and your camera around your neck just before we headed to Ruby Tuesday on that first night, I thought you looked like a professional Japanese tabloid photographer; now, I know I was right! Excellent job! :good:

:lol: I noticed you pointed out how you overslept or had jet lag sleep a couple of times. I remember those times wondering what ever happened to you and trying to text you that our hours-long lines to sold-out merchandise and autograph stampedes were forming. Seems you didn't really miss out... and got great footage. In fact, I must've slept through some of the weekend... yet, I don't remember getting much sleep... :huh:

Btw, the only critcism I would give is not really a criticism... just an observation: I think I had the better camera angle for the airport arrival, of the video I have seen so far. (Benefits of being tall, I guess.) ^_^

I hope you get to cover more H!P acts in the future. Though, make sure the camera doesn't detract from you enjoying the events. (I think mine did a few times.)

Gift for you, Ryu1132 - Something I should have offered earlier.

-------------

I remember that I really enjoyed and looked forward to seeing videos and reading posts by people who attended Berryz Kobo @ Sakura-Con 2011. I hope others who were not able to attend AnimeNEXT2012 are just as grateful.

-------------

@J-Triumf - Love your writing style... and the substance of it! Though, I find it interesting how two people can see things differently based upon their native environments. :P "HOT AND HUMID NEW JERSEY SWAMP"?! One of the first things I told my family about how my trip went was, "The weather was SO pleasant... 10-15 degress cooler. I stood in sun for much, much more than 30 minutes and didn't get sunburned!" :lol:
(Reading "Day 2" now.)

#789 ryu1132

ryu1132

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

@J-Triumf - glad you enjoyed it. The ending was something last minute I just threw together. I especially also like the ending too.

@Vodka - Thanks, my goal was to show everybody the great memories and emotions that we all shared that weekend!

@-=o=- - Yeah it does seem like you had the best airport arrival footage. When more H!P acts come in the future, I do plan on covering them and fly as closest to the sun as possible without getting in trouble(of course) just to spread the Hello! Project love. Heck, I would work for Free as a freelance photographer or videographer covering Hello! Project acts in America just for a press badge. They're the one getting all the good shots and who could film when no one else can. If I had that king of access the possibility would be limitless.

What you said about camera detracting from enjoying the events is so true. When you have a camera, it feels like your so preoccupied with getting everything on it that you forget to relax and have fun. But through practice, I've learned how to do both filming and enjoying the experience pretty well. I'm glad that at certain event your not allowed to film or else everybody would just be looking at Berryz Kobo through their camera's view finder and not enjoying the presents of the girls there.

P.s Can I be Up Front's property also? LOL XD

Posted Image

#790 J-Triumf

J-Triumf

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

In case I or anyone else missed it being mentioned, it has been confirmed by Captain herself that there will be a DVD of some sort for this event:
http://blog-project....mizu-saki/62892
I hope it's available to all of us attendees...or maybe we can wait for a subbing team to take care of it. :lol:

I remember that I really enjoyed and looked forward to seeing videos and reading posts by people who attended Berryz Kobo @ Sakura-Con 2011. I hope others who were not able to attend AnimeNEXT2012 are just as grateful.

I'll be honest, I think I passed on reading most of the Seattle recaps after learning of the first "riot"...knowing I could've easily been part of that but didn't go due to getting paranoid about money and other stuff led to a lot of guilt on my part, some of it carrying over to New Jersey.

But that brings up an interesting question for us non-NJ/non-east-coast people who showed up this time but not Seattle: if we actually had gone to Seattle, would we have come around this time as well? For me, I'm not so sure, being a west coaster...chances are I would've enjoyed Seattle enough to make this second trip, but as it would've been my second time it wouldn't have been as special, and I probably would've been more disappointed with everything that went wrong instead of appreciating just being there.

Yeah, I should probably stop beating myself up so much about these things, or at least stop sounding like this was a total disaster. ^^; It's hard for me to stop thinking about everything that's happened and wanting to relive it, especially having listened to the 7th and 8th Berryz albums so much recently ("Seishun Gekijou" kinda makes me wanna cry, it's like the perfect memorial song for the whole thing).

Besides, I just found out that Berryz didn't get an airport greeting at Seattle, so consider us six to be in special company!

@J-Triumf - Love your writing style... and the substance of it! Though, I find it interesting how two people can see things differently based upon their native environments. :P "HOT AND HUMID NEW JERSEY SWAMP"?! One of the first things I told my family about how my trip went was, "The weather was SO pleasant... 10-15 degress cooler. I stood in sun for much, much more than 30 minutes and didn't get sunburned!" :lol:
(Reading "Day 2" now.)

Glad to know you've enjoyed what I've shared...it was a bit overwhelming to recall stuff at times. And despite all the coastal fog, California air is generally dry, so the east coast humidity took some getting used to (plus our summer doesn't really come until later in the year). I knew what to expect, but feeling sweaty after only a few minutes outside is not something that happens for me on a daily basis...ironic since my heritage/genetics seems to imply being able to handle it.

What you said about camera detracting from enjoying the events is so true. When you have a camera, it feels like your so preoccupied with getting everything on it that you forget to relax and have fun. But through practice, I've learned how to do both filming and enjoying the experience pretty well. I'm glad that at certain event your not allowed to film or else everybody would just be looking at Berryz Kobo through their camera's view finder and not enjoying the presents of the girls there.

I think that was one of my concerns about taking pictures. What little energy I was running on was focused on just enjoying the fact that I was out there and participating in all the craziness. I think what I need is a dedicated partner for these kind of things so I can enjoy the activites while getting as many moments recorded as I can.

When it comes down to it, some of us have to be willing to step back and record stuff so all of us can have something more concrete to look back on as well as share with those who couldn't make it. I admire your efforts to find balance, and I hope all of us can find a way to balance things as well.

Are we the only ones still updating this thread? XD

I think this is the most active I've ever been on H!O...time to go back to only posting in the Kago thread!

ねぇ、笑って?

#791 -=o=-

-=o=-

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

^ Thank you, J-Triumf for visiting this thread, updating it for both those that went and those that couldn't and for even taking the time to pop over here (H!O) from your native habitat! (You are under no special obligation to do so... so, thanks!)
How much of these posts (both here and on other forums, blogs and Facebook) are reliving memories for those that attended and how much is actual reporting for those who didn't? Soon, the aura will will wear off, the excitement will fade, and this will just be a memory; though, a memory buttressed by videos, photos, audio and descriptively worded diaries. Sure, there are some regrets; but, they should pale in comparison to the many (though, maybe small) joys during the trip.
Meeting so many people in one place, face-to-face, that could actually understand my fanaticism seems so surreal. Even more surreal was riding in another person's car, along with 3 other cool guys, with H!P music rotation on the stereo... and not having someone ask why I am listening to "Chinese" music!

I really liked reading and hearing what others told about their experience at the autograph session. Since that is a one-on-one event, with no video to be shared, the written and spoken experiences are precious to me.
I've toyed with the idea of posting my memories of the trip; though, I think most of what I've written is far too personal. Maybe I could tell of my experience at the autograph session... or, did I already do that?

In some ways, I wish photos, video or audio could be taken at the autograph sessions. That is the one event that I wish I had substantive record of. Though, I guess, only having your memory as the record makes it all the more epic. And, if you have to rely solely on your memory, your mind can "embellish" it a little over time and make it that much nicer. (Maybe that is why I refused to listen to or watch ANYTHING when I got home until I could sit down and write out my memories before they began to fade.)

Oh, one thing that I will post here from my autograph session moment that I don't believe I mentioned to anyone before (kind of a funny thing, to me at least) is:
Once I got down the table to the end where Risako was (and she still seemed like she is terribly shy and as if this was her first time doing an autograph session), and after I noticed that she has less fat on her body than is in a gallon of milk, I found myself having to turn my eyes away from her because I felt uncomfortable with the little bit of "cleavage" (read: small gap) she was showing as she bent over to autograph my poster. (I think I only really mention this now because I was curious if anyone else had the same... uh... view.)

My stare down with Chinami is worth noting, too! (Ugh! Now, I guess I WILL have to post my memoirs!)

(Now, I guess I'll have to stop posting in this thread... otherwise, other members will think there was something new or useful here to read.)

#792 yukari25

yukari25

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1076 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I thought you guys would like to see this ;)

2ey9s74.jpg
Set made by Renai ♥ Smile

#793 sculpey12

sculpey12

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

^ Although I'm pretty sure I didn't appear anywhere in the Girls News video, I did get a behind the scenes look at the girls being interviewed by that tree in front of the hotel.

#794 -=o=-

-=o=-

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

^x2 I saw a lot of familiar faces in that. Thank you for posting it. It's so nice to see some backstage footage of Berryz Kobo so soon... didn't even have to wait for the DVD for that!

#795 NeedMoreBuono!

NeedMoreBuono!

♪♫♡♡♫♡♡♡♪♫♡

• Senpai
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

^ Although I'm pretty sure I didn't appear anywhere in the Girls News video, I did get a behind the scenes look at the girls being interviewed by that tree in front of the hotel.

More amazing Berryz art there! :)

#796 NeedMoreBuono!

NeedMoreBuono!

♪♫♡♡♫♡♡♡♪♫♡

• Senpai
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

http://selective-hea...merica-2-nj♥bk/

#797 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Berryz Kobo was in Otaku USA again.
I scanned it for you guys. :3
Attached File  Part1.jpg   444.29K   31 downloads
Attached File  Part2.jpg   413.26K   26 downloads

HLxdmXb.png

#798 J-Triumf

J-Triumf

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

FINALLY AVAILABLE ON DVD!
http://www.e-lineup....l/003000000160/

Does anyone know how to order stuff from e-lineup? I heard it's kinda tricky for us foreigners. :lol:

I do hope it's more than just the concert...the whole weekend was pretty memorable.

ねぇ、笑って?

#799 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

^
Its pretty easy:

1: Register at tenso.com
2: Use address from tenso to order at elineup

Or you can also use a deputy that does the whole order process for you, like noppin.com for example, those are usually more expensive though than tenso where you place the order yourself.

Description unfortunately doesn't say much about the content they just put the setlist and that its 90 minutes, but no mention of other footage.

#800 -=o=-

-=o=-

• Senpai
  • 1823 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Being the concert was just a bit over an hour long, I would expect maybe 20 minutes of backstage and traveling/sightseeing footage. Hopefully, maybe some footage of the Berryz Riot 2? (Not that we need ANOTHER angle of that! Would just be nice to see that on an official video.)

Glad it will be out about six months after the event... and just in time for Thanksgiving... where I can play it on an endless loop for my family gathering. (And, glad it is not FC only DVD.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users