• Please log in to reply
2095 replies to this topic

#2041 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Damn, didn't realize it was that expensive. Hmm, I might not bother at all then. I'd only be buying the tablet for occasional use and it would seem a waste of money if internet connectivity was so scarce/expensive. I think that sticking with internet cafe's is a better option for now.

Thank you for all the advice anyway guys :) At least I understand it all a lot better now.

#2042 Chrome10

Chrome10

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

^^

We stop charging you for data abroad when your data usage reaches £40 (inc VAT); this doesn’t mean just Europe, but wherever you are in the world. You can then use up to 50MB without any additional charges.

http://www.o2international.co.uk/usingdataabroad/PayMonthly.aspx

#2043 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Another advice: use Opera when mobile, it compresses http data heavily (not only html/css/js, but also recompresses images to much lower quality), three to four times. Check also tools (phones/tablets, ofc. ^^; word panic) designed for business use, they may have some nice features for transnational use. It limits your choice, might be more expensive when purchasing, but overall you can gain with lesser subsription fees and better mobility.

Posted Image

#2044 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

^^

We stop charging you for data abroad when your data usage reaches £40 (inc VAT); this doesn’t mean just Europe, but wherever you are in the world. You can then use up to 50MB without any additional charges.

http://www.o2international.co.uk/usingdataabroad/PayMonthly.aspx

So you pay 40 quid for 50 megs and get another 50 megs for free. After that, completely cut off, unless you go into a higher plan. Which will probably rape you in cost. Course, 40 quid for 100 meg seems like a big ripoff anyways.

Last time I was living in Japan, we were just surfing off people's unsecured wireless. There was a lot of unsecured wireless connections out there. Today...I don't know. I get my internet at the hotel or off my prepaid Softbank phone.
Together.jpg

#2045 PSYCHOで21垣3。

PSYCHOで21垣3。

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Do you answer questions about PC games? I have a problem with The Sims 3's saving. My computer shuts down in the middle of saving the game and I don't know what would be the problem. For capacity, the computer I use can run the game perfectly so could the problem be overheating? If it's not that, I heard I should remove the game and install it again, if I do that will all my stuff I've downloaded from The Sims 3's official site be removed?

#2046 johnjeon

johnjeon

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I have a minor problem with the torrents at Hello!Online. For some reason when I click on a "download torrent" link
it doesn't trigger my bittorrent app (uTorrent) but instead asks me where I want to save the .torrent file. So I save the
.torrent file and then I can open it to start the download.
This only happens on this site. It works correctly on every other bittorent site.

My applications set up on my browser (Firefox) maps torrent files to uTorrent.
Is there something special I need to set up on my browser to make this work on Hello!Online?
Thanks.

#2047 kosmro

kosmro

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

@johnjeon

This is likely to be because the links do not have 'magnetic links' in which when you do press the link, it will activate your torrent program.
From my experience, this is the case, and I always find it easier to download the .torrent file (but that's just me).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (or confirm statement) on the magnetic links.

Hope this helps anyway.
~kosmro~

#2048 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

uTorrent no longer downloading anything. I wonder if my ISP blocked it or something.

#2049 kosmro

kosmro

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Check with your ISP and see if they are blocking peer to peer connections

#2050 TheBlackTower

TheBlackTower

Reina & Sayu

• Senpai
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

i think is utorrent, i having the same problem, but jpopsuki is working normal here

only H!O torrents are not downloading

maybe the tracker is on maintenance??
Posted Image

Thx C-ute4everMaimi for sig and ava :3

#2051 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

^Well as you mentioned, it can't be uTorrent then since jpopsuki working fine.

As I mentioned, it's just H!O having its hiccup. It happens from time to time, just got to wait it out.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#2052 TheBlackTower

TheBlackTower

Reina & Sayu

• Senpai
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

ah ok, sorry sacred i dont see ur post :~~
Posted Image

Thx C-ute4everMaimi for sig and ava :3

#2053 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Oh my mistake, as I posted it in another Thread that was relating to the same thing. Didn't realize I didn't post here. ><
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#2054 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

This might be the wrong question to ask but I checked my email today and I got an email from this site. Why did this happened? Here's a pic of the email:

Posted Image

I'm not very active on this site anymore so I don't know why would someone might've report me or something oO. If you can't read it, it says "You have been sent this communication from Mixi via the "Report this to a Moderator" link."

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#2055 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

^
Answered by Amoz here. :)
http://www.hello-onl...40#entry1530237

#2056 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

^Wow! I was clueless. Thanks for the information. XD

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#2057 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Some help is needed from you younger guys. A couple days research was done but it almost seems like it's not worth it. I've got an Intel E8500 cpu and an EVGA 285GTX. Three years old.

What do you guys recommend for a new motherboard, CPU, and video card? Secondarily, power supply. CPU needs to be Intel and Video Card Nvidia based.

Thanks.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#2058 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend and what do you do with the computer. For office work that computar is more than sufficient. if you want speed, get a SSD drive.

But off the top of my hat, I'd say get a Ivy Bridge i5 or i7, a suitable LGA1155 socket motherboard and whatever nvidia the store has in stock that fits your price range. For power supply I'd recommend Seasonic.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#2059 krotch

krotch

She felt 18

• Senpai
  • 1805 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Tuhis pretty much has it on the money. Without knowing what you are doing, we don't know what to recommend. For power supplies, anything works. I've used Corsair, Coolermaster, Enermax, Antec, Seasonic, and a bunch of super cheap like $30 500w PSU. I never have issues. Currently using a pair of Coolermaster 650w PSUs in my server (Newegg), Thermaltake 500w in another comp (Best Buy), and an Absolute 500w PSU (cheap Korean brand that I bought when I was living in Korea).
Together.jpg

#2060 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Been using DVDFab for countless years now but despite updates from DVDFab, still having issues, it'll recognize the Bluray but when splitting it by chapters, it'll actually have some of the next scene/music video, so for the next chapter it'll be missing some of it's beginning.

Then I tried Xilisoft Video Converter, and it generally did the trick, but not this time around (testing with Buono! Bluray), like if I split chapters WITHOUT audio, it's fine, but when I do it WITH audio, I get a 16MB "video" but it's just static audio.

And a friend recommended "Clown_BD" and sorta the same issue, if I don't select the audio stream, it'll split it correctly. If I select the audio stream, it'll create chapters BUT it's pretty much ripping the entire Bluray for Chapter 1.
Chapter 2 it'll create the entire ISO EXCEPT for Chapter 1
Chapter 3 it'll create the entire ISO EXCEPT for Chapter 2
etc.

So it's like wtf!? And for the friend that provided the Bluray, he had no issues, so I don't know why I have so much bad luck ><

Also tried, Pavtube Blu-ray Video Converter, and it's nice EXCEPT the settings they provide aren't that great in regard to customizing how you want the RAW to be. It has "original" so you assume it'll keep it at the original bitrate but it cuts it down by about half ><

Unno if anyone knows any alternatives to this for splitting Bluray by Chapter (preferably automatically, it'll recognize the chapters so that i don't have to manually set the timestamps (Xilisoft)).

Basically, if there was a Bluray version of DVD Decrypter, I'd be in heaven. THat programs works sooo well with DVD's, if only there was a version for Bluray, that'd be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users