#17822 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

I am literally screaming. I need more.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#17823 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

This time around, Iketeru Hearts' Nijika donned Riho's Colorful Character t-shirt during rehearsals.

------------------------------------------

Matsuoka Mayu on her radio show (with guests Fukuchan and Harunan):

"Even though it's red, it's Italian red! It's not Sayashi's red!"

https://twitter.com/...214086807371776

------------------------------------------

@Rokusexseis

My pleasure :)

#17824 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Riho is at a shared 36th place in this UNIDOL ranking of idols who would look good in men's clothing.

https://hustlepress....0170304_column/

--------------------------------------------------------

Some mentions of Riho from today's handshake events:

Fan: What was your impression when it was first decided that you'll be getting the color Italian red?

Kaede: I was happy. It is Sayashi-san's color after all. It's not the same exact color though.

F: So you really are consciously aware that you have the same color as Sayashi-san?

K: That's right.

https://twitter.com/...268041414635520

Fan: Did you choose to sing Koi-ing during the ability test because Sayashi-san likes Go Girl?

Kaede: Yes! Also, I wanted to sing a ballad!

https://twitter.com/...250921796616193

Fan: Sayashi-san was in the center position. Is this something that you think about?

Kaede: Even if I'm not necessarily in the center, I would like to fulfill that center role properly.

F: Although Sayashi-san also had a bit of a clumsy side (laughs).

K: You're right. I'm also the clumsy type (laughs).

https://twitter.com/...269465280172032

Fan: I've always been a fan of Sayashi-san.

Kaede: (face suddenly turning serious)

F: I was really happy that you got the color red. I'll be expecting great things from your performance.

K: I'll do my best! (giving the fan a firm handshake)

https://twitter.com/...277034065350656

Fan: Do you get selfies from Sayashi-san?

Fukuchan: Yes, from time to time.

F: What are they like?

FC: With her hair terribly unkempt.

F: She hasn't dyed her hair brown, has she?

FC: I wonder...

F: Brown hair? Brown hair?

FC: I wonder... Ha-ha

https://twitter.com/...283429372272641

#17825 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hmm... So Riho may or may not have colored her hair, interesting. I soo want to see her more now XD

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#17826 Rokusexseis

Rokusexseis

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm sure she did something to her hair as soon as she could haha

1d9wB3O.jpg

Come check my MM covers and more!

( > here < )

#17827 Rihoriho~

Rihoriho~

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Maybe she cut her hair short like this :

609384Capture.jpg

Or stopped cutting them as Tsunku is not here anymore to tell her to cut them! XD

563484CWB0nXQUEAIsNSV.jpg

Either way, it would be quite unkempt as Mizuki said :)

I don't think Riho goes brown as we know Yajima Maimi is her inspiration and I think she's proud of her black hair, like Sayu. Of course, I might be wrong but we all know that Riho'll always be Riho! ;)

-20 ==> ChisaMai fic.

-Unrequited ==> SayaIshi fic

-Unrequited II ==> SayaIshi fic

-The Sayashi Contest ==> to Riho's glory

-Home Sweet Home ==> SayaIshi fic

#17828 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

My first thought was blonde, liking Rola so much and all.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#17829 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Partial translation of excerpts pertaining to Riho from Billboard Japan's interview with Oda and the 13ki:

Sayashi Riho's Influence

Hiraga Tetsuo: Let's go back to talking about Morning Musume '15, the period when Oda-san changed greatly and when there was a big turning point -- the graduation of Sayashi Riho. From there was the switch to Morning Musume '16, but how was your mental state at the time?

Oda Sakura: At the time I just wanted to be able to perform in a cool manner so I think on the surface I got stiff. After Sayashi-san graduated, I thought to myself that I was empty inside and that I should start over from the basics. I thought about what to do in order to appear cool but in the first place I wasn't even sure if my voice is able to be properly projected through the microphone. There are those who are very good at singing a cappella but when you hand them a microphone you suddenly can't hear them well. I am also one of those people and so I got into the habit of forcing coolness into my singing. That's why I decided to rethink my foundations and change my way of singing.

HT: In simple terms, was Sayashi-san the reason for this?

Oda: That's right. Since Sayashi-san graduated, I get more and more of the feeling that she was truly amazing. The other day, I suddenly got a message from Sayashi-san. We talked about a lot of different things but there was a part of our discussion where she kinda said that I've changed. I've been thinking of this change myself, but never did I think that I would hear it from the person who made me change. It seemed to me that she messaged me because of this. Thinking of it that way, I realized that the things you inherit from your senpai, after some time has passed, truly are big.

HT: What do you think of the timing of her messaging you after all this time?

Oda: She said she was curious/worried so she messaged me. She asked me about the current state of Morning Musume and what kinds of problems we are having. She gave her thoughts on them and asked for my opinions as well.

HT: It really is ideal to have a senpai who you can talk to about those kinds of things even after they've graduated, isn't it?

Oda: That's right. Of course, Sayashi-san and Suzuki-san were from the same generation, but it was actually after their graduations that they've come to talk more about the group. I am alone in my generation so I have no one to talk to about these things. So more than the advice I get from members I see every day, I feel like the advice I get from Sayashi-san and Suzuki-san, whom I never see, has more of a bird's-eye view that I get to organize my feelings better. That's why I am very thankful whenever I get contacted by the two of them, especially as we are all of the same age. Meeting them in this different manner... Realizing that personal relationships change... I feel like I've met them anew. I'm happy.

HT: What kind of existence was Suzuki Kanon for you?

Oda: --- On the performance side of things, I thought about Sayashi-san while on aspects concerning life, I thought about Suzuki-san. ---

[][][][][][][]

HT: At the time, were there any members you were particularly interested in?

Kaga Kaede: I've always admired Sayashi Riho-san. Sayashi-san could sing, dance, do anything, and she was always so cool standing in the forefront as the center of this group filled with the rich history of senpai continuously handing over their legacy to the next generation. So even after she graduated, I continue to say that Sayashi-san is the one I admire.

HT: How did you feel when Sayashi-san's graduation was decided?

Kaga: ...despair?

HT: You're completely a fan, aren't you? (laughs)

Kaga: She announced it on her blog, right? To think that a person that you've always been able to see up close will suddenly... And add to that the fact that she was going to graduate on December 31, a mere two months after her announcement on October 29. There was nothing I could do but despair.

HT: At the time, were you able to communicate with Sayashi-san?

Kaga: During the Countdown concert where Sayashi-san was going to graduate, the KSS were the opening act so when there was some free time I asked the manager if I could have a picture taken with Sayashi-san and was able to get it.

#17830 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Riho, a prominent figure and pillar for MM. A helpful, dedicated, caring senpai and friend...  :sob: RESPECT! 

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#17831 ZhiKai

ZhiKai

一生鞘師

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

^^ Damn... that was a good read. Thanks!  :)

#17832 wahodes

wahodes

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

That was so moving. Sakura is my favorite after Riho so knowing that she's able to talk to Riho and get advice from her as a respected senior makes me heart so happy.

Also Kaedii's reaction to Sayashi Graduating is the same as me lol total despair  x_x

Sayashi Riho ★  13ki  Oda Sakura  Akiyama Mao  Danbara Ruru  Kiyono Momohime 

#17833 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

I'm glad they got a bit closer after Riho graduated it seems. Or at least I find it interesting.

Thanks for that translation, Kaga's part was also interesting!

I'm taking it to Sakura's thread if you don't mind (if you do I'll just delete it)

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#17834 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

Sure thing. :)

It's always my pleasure.

#17835 dieforelle

dieforelle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

Ah, how time flies... I can't believe it's been so long. As you guys can see from my post history, it's been over 6 years since I've been a fan. I became a fan of H!P because of C-ute, and eventually expanded to MM right around Sayashi Riho's generation's audition. I remember excitedly following the auditions. At the time, Sayashi Riho was a clear cut above the rest of the competition. If she was 100, the rest would've been 60-70, max. She seemed extremely promising at the time. 

Due to various reasons I can't really remember myself, I stopped following H!P soon after, and mostly forgot about it. But being the nostalgic person that I am, I decided to revisit. I wanted to see just how far Sayashi Riho has come, and whether she became the pillar of MM much like Takahashi Ai years ago. To my great surprise, she graduated over a year ago. Why? She's still so young. And it doesn't seem like she moved on to become a famous soloist or actress or anything like that. I did some simple google searches, but my google-fu is subpar, and I couldn't find any satisfactory links. 

To the nice Riho fans that might still frequent this forum, could I ask you to summarize how she did during her time in MM? Did she not live up to expectations? Was she expelled because of a scandal or something like some of the other girls in the past? Did MM basically just die because of AKB and other idol groups, and so she lost interest? What happened? What is she doing now?

Thanks in advance. 

#17836 wahodes

wahodes

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

^

Just a very quick summary of why she graduated and what she's doing now (please feel free to fill in other details everyone): Basically it isn't confirmed but most people believe she decided to graduate because the pressure of being the ace had begun to ware her down a lot and she wanted to be free of that burden to pursue her own dreams, a big one being dance. The summer of 2015 she had a period of time where she gained some weight and took a few days off and a lot of people were speculating that she was struggling with depression. Another thing is that after Sayumi graduated Riho took on even more pressure to carry the group (even though she's not the leader or anything) into a new era and I think it just became too stressful for her. Right now she is studying abroad (we're not sure where other than it's an English Speaking country, my guess is New York) learning english and then studying dance. She still keeps in contact with a lot of the members so that's how we hear any little bits of news about her. She's still technically a part of Hello!project and the plan is that she'll return at some point. To do what, we don't really know at this point. I'm hoping she'll return some time in 2018. 

If you want to know more about her personal feelings regarding her time in MM and graduation you should definitely read her autobiography 17sai no Ketsudan, someone on tumblr has translated most of it already.( http://17sai-no-ketsudan.tumblr.com/ )

Sayashi Riho ★  13ki  Oda Sakura  Akiyama Mao  Danbara Ruru  Kiyono Momohime 

#17837 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

Riho may be coming back: https://twitter.com/...247093620101120

fsxCqBp.jpg
Wl5u6g6.jpg

The post was deleted. I think it was suppose to be a surprise.
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#17838 JoeyBatou

JoeyBatou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

^ I really hope it's true, it's the holidays in Japan, and spring break in english speaking countries, if she can she should go visit her family then make a surprise appearance at the event, it will pump up the moral of the group for sure, and satisfy a lot of fans :good:

#17839 Genovieveberasuko

Genovieveberasuko

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Riho may be coming back: https://twitter.com/...247093620101120fsxCqBp.jpgWl5u6g6.jpg
The post was deleted. I think it was suppose to be a surprise.

What does it say? Someone please I'm no Japanese expert :(

#17840 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1027 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Just the name in the artist list of Satoyama/Satoumi.

Aichan - Kamei - Riho - Kaedy - Sakura - Maachan - Fukuchan - Ayumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users