Photo

Conventions, anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#21 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

theres a convention coming up at my place called Anime Evolution. Cant wait

#22 Ayu

Ayu

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:43 AM

i've been to a couple anime-conventions here in sweden, i've cosplayed too.. :D but it's fun! :D
Posted Image
| @ | http | last.fm

#23 kbob

kbob

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:00 AM

i've been to one convetion so far, and it's the only one in my state... I went to SakuraCon back in april. i plan to go again next year, when it's in march, too.
ゴーゴーだねえ?

#24 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:09 AM

this year's A/X in Anaheim was the first convention i ever went, and i kind of liked it... all those people doing cosplay was... out of this world to me. ^_^
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#25 PinkSugarAibon

PinkSugarAibon

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:54 AM

I usually go to Akon & Animefest here in Dallas, Tx. I am a cosplay junkie, im even a part of the DFW Cosplay Society! Ive done mainly Anime, recently some game (Final Fantasy) cosplays, and now im barely starting some Jpop cosplay. By the end of the year i should have Ais Robo Kiss outfit and her pink school outfit as and Nozomis Miss Love Tantei costume ( like it better than ais, but i like ai better than nono so i dunno) before halloween. Yeah so im always busy busy sewing and stuff... gosh im such a dork lol
Posted Image
Sub-leader of J-pop Performance Group, Happy! Project

#26 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:50 AM

^ if you cosplay as W please take pictures! :P :P :P :)
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#27 kakumei

kakumei

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:38 AM

I went to two cons but only for the jpop/rock acts, I went for DUEL JEWEL and MAX (my obsession).

#28 Gloworm

Gloworm

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:01 PM

My third year attending AWA 11 (Anime Weekend Atlanta) last week. I couldn't stay the whole weekend because there was this big fiasco with our tickets but I went for one day and was very satisfied. Love going to anime cons because it helps keep me sane where I live that has nothing to do :good: I've also noticed that AWA is usually more laid back than other conventions. But yeah, I was the one there that had my mp3 player blasting jpop everywhere i was :lol:
"Why do you fill my brain with hurting?!" -Jayce Wilder

#29 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

I usually go to Akon & Animefest here in Dallas, Tx. I am a cosplay junkie, im even a part of the DFW Cosplay Society! Ive done mainly Anime, recently some game (Final Fantasy) cosplays, and now im barely starting some Jpop cosplay. By the end of the year i should have Ais Robo Kiss outfit and her pink school outfit as and Nozomis Miss Love Tantei costume ( like it better than ais, but i like ai better than nono so i dunno) before halloween. Yeah so im always busy busy sewing and stuff... gosh im such a dork lol

so do you sew all your own outfits, or does someone help you? or something to that effect?
darn all you talanted people... i made the basic design for my saint tail costume, but my mom did most of the sewing ( :( yes, i still rely on my mother for outfits sometimes.... teehee) i just had to come up with the materials.
you should see some of the people in the masquerade, they go so very far to make their costumes so detailed
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#30 PinkSugarAibon

PinkSugarAibon

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:17 AM

ah sorry i totally forgot to respond to this but um.. yeah my mom used to help me with some of my earlier costumes, but i sew all myself. And yeah for my W cosplay I got a Nozomi recently and shell be doing Robo Kiss and the pink school girl W outfits, and oddly enough performing Robo Kiss at the A-kon 17 masquerade.. i gotta learn Aibons part O_O()

#31 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:11 AM

this year's A/X in Anaheim was the first convention i ever went, and i kind of liked it... all those people doing cosplay was... out of this world to me. :lol:

do you by any chance have any pictures you took of the cosplayers? i'm trying to find myself cosplaying on the Sunday.

#32 kiricho

kiricho

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

yup, but I mainly go for the JRock. went to Oni-Con '04 for Duel Jewel and Camino and '05 for Phantasmagoria and echostream. (not really JRock but still cool)

#33 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:19 AM

So, what day of the year is A-kon? The one that ancafe is coming to.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago

#34 kiricho

kiricho

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:28 AM

So, what day of the year is A-kon? The one that ancafe is coming to.

there you go again, baka!!! what I said _WAS_ that it would be great of we could get AnCafé here in some convention. then I mentioned A-Kon is coming up around June and it would be great to go since Oni-Con is around your okaa's tanjoubi. never said that they were for sure coming to any convention, I just thought it would be great to see them. (though I'd rather see them in Japan~)

#35 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:58 AM

there you go again, baka!!! what I said _WAS_ that it would be great of we could get AnCafé here in some convention. then I mentioned A-Kon is coming up around June and it would be great to go since Oni-Con is around your okaa's tanjoubi. never said that they were for sure coming to any convention, I just thought it would be great to see them. (though I'd rather see them in Japan~)

oh :c33:
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago

#36 MoMusuko

MoMusuko

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

Hate to revive this but I was wondering if anyone is heading to Anime Expo '07 in Long Beach. It would be cool to meet other H!P enthusiasts and I might even karaoke Matsuura Aya's Ne~e in a school girl uniform if I am feeling ambitious.

#37 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:32 AM

I'd love to see if anyone from here will go to Anime Friends in july ^^ But I guess not, hahaha!

To dance para para with Yoko Ishida! *-* *fangirl daydreaming*

Posted Image

#38 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:44 AM

I'll probably be going to Anime Expo, but only to see Oreskaband. Too bad Hirano Aya isn't there on the same day. I'm hoping to see her wandering around or something.
2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#39 MoMusuko

MoMusuko

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

I'll probably be going to Anime Expo, but only to see Oreskaband. Too bad Hirano Aya isn't there on the same day. I'm hoping to see her wandering around or something.

Lol, I am mainly just going for S.K.I.N but there are other events that will probably be fun.

#40 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Is it too late to buy a ticket for AX? My friend kept pushing me to buy one since December but I just kept putting it off until I heard that Hirano Aya was going to be there. =\ Procrastination kills.

Posted Image