Photo

Conventions, anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:46 PM

I just wanted to see if anyone here liked anime enough to go to any anime conventions. I just have it in mind because Anime Central is this weekend and I'm going... *squee*
Anyone here a con-goer? :D
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#2 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:00 PM

No anime, but some sci-fi/horror convents though! I met Robert Englund in person!!! And I took alot of pics. I'll post some here when/if I find them.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#3 sheep goat

sheep goat

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

please do!!
And i like your sig, by the way. 11 Water?
Posted Image

#4 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

Been to one Animecon, but only to see if I could find more Record of Lodoss Wars and Vampire Princess Miyu stuff (this is circa '95 in Anaheim/CA). Been to one Furcon too, but that was only to see a live performance of 2 the Ranting Gryphon XD. I have no pictures from either :D.

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#5 Shantastic

Shantastic

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

And i like your sig, by the way. 11 Water?

sorry for going off-topic, but i've been meaning to ask Santa-san about that cool 11Water sig too. who's the artist and is there a high-res version of this anywhere? it's a very nice illustration, and again, sorry for veering off-topic.
Posted Image

#6 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

The 11 Water sig is just something I cut out from a wall paper I found. Then reduced it a little. I have no idea where these anime-wallies come from, but they clearly seem to be some sort of (rather professional) fan-art. So maybe if you try and search words like, fan-art, anime +fan-art and such, you might find some more. Cuz I have NOT made this pic myself... ^^;

Back on topic: I wish there were some more Anime Conventions in my country, cuz I really like to go to one! All conventions I've been to, is just sci-fi-Star Trek, Star Trek and Star Trek. And some horror... XD
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 MelonMasae

MelonMasae

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

::waves:: I'm an avid con-goer! I've been going to Anime Expo ever since 2000 and Ani-Magic since (I think) around 2001? I always cosplay too. I dunno if I posted my cosplay site link in my profile or not...But if you're interested in checking out my costumes, you can visit my profile here at Cosplay Lab! If anyone else here will be attending Anime Expo this summer, hit me up and we can hang out and sing H!P songs in karaoke! :sob:

#8 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:41 AM

But if you're interested in checking out my costumes, you can visit my profile here at Cosplay Lab!

Hey - cool costumes! Just a random thing I wanted to point out - your completed/in progress/retired could become the next Morning Musume Shuffle Unit names XD

11-Water / 7-Air / 5-Salt
11-Completed / 7-In Progress / 5-Retired

Coincidence? ^___^

:sob: nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#9 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:20 AM

If anyone else here will be attending Anime Expo this summer, hit me up and we can hang out and sing H!P songs in karaoke!  :sob:

i'm gonna be there, i'm all up for some H!P karaoke. =P

i'm gonna be either "Modern" Rock Lee, Luffy, or a PoT character, haven't quite desided what i'm gonna be yet, i just might be one character a day, who knows.

Hey - cool costumes!  Just a random thing I wanted to point out - your completed/in progress/retired could become the next Morning Musume Shuffle Unit names :S

Coincidence? ^___^

XD nyekobug

lol, that's funny

#10 isamudyson

isamudyson

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

i've been going to some. but as a artist mostly go to see online friends and hang don't really participate since the whole fandom has gone in the completely fanatic direction in my view.
Going to be headed to Anime North in like 2 weeks thou

#11 MelonMasae

MelonMasae

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:00 AM

If anyone else here will be attending Anime Expo this summer, hit me up and we can hang out and sing H!P songs in karaoke!?  :D

i'm gonna be there, i'm all up for some H!P karaoke. =P

i'm gonna be either "Modern" Rock Lee, Luffy, or a PoT character, haven't quite desided what i'm gonna be yet, i just might be one character a day, who knows.

Hey - cool costumes!? Just a random thing I wanted to point out - your completed/in progress/retired could become the next Morning Musume Shuffle Unit names :D

Coincidence? ^___^

XD nyekobug

lol, that's funny

mrhomiec - Hey, let's make some plans as it gets closer to AX! Last year I did a Mini Moni song in my Kago outfit but I was like SO nervous! I ended up singing at like 3AM, so I think everyone cheered because they were half asleep (and not cuz I was good). :D

You should cosplay Luffy! I have a super ghetto Nami costume, so we could...Dress as One Piece chars and sing H!P music? :D

nyekobug - Oh wow, that's actually kinda cool! How perfect that it all fell into order like that too! :D Too bad it's gonna change by July if/when I make new costumes for AX!

#12 TheDarkHaze

TheDarkHaze

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:44 PM

I'll be at AX...but karaoke >_> :o

Uh...no thanks :D
The Haze is here

#13 sheep goat

sheep goat

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:55 AM

where IS anime expo? i'm in the midwest U.S. i've only been to Anime Central, this year and last. I'm just in love with cosplay, even though I've done it myself... twice.... whee ^_^
if anyone's going to ACen next year, i'd happily karaoke! :wub:
Posted Image

#14 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

mrhomiec - Hey, let's make some plans as it gets closer to AX!  Last year I did a Mini Moni song in my Kago outfit but I was like SO nervous!  I ended up singing at like 3AM, so I think everyone cheered because they were half asleep (and not cuz I was good).  :D

You should cosplay Luffy!  I have a super ghetto Nami costume, so we could...Dress as One Piece chars and sing H!P music?  :D

i'll have to see what's going on with my group, as i don't wanna ditch them or make them go to karaoke, so we'll plan something out.
as for being Luffy, i might, if i don't get my Azumanga outfit done by then. cause my group is going as Naruto crew one day, then the PoT crew the next day. so we'll see what happens..

where IS anime expo? i'm in the midwest U.S. i've only been to Anime Central, this year and last. I'm just in love with cosplay, even though I've done it myself... twice.... whee biggrin.gif
if anyone's going to ACen next year, i'd happily karaoke!

it is located in the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. i'm sure gonna have fun driving there from Phoenix... :D

#15 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:36 AM

i thought i would share this is here.. since it kinda has to do with cosplaying and all..
i found it off an anime forum.. and i was like.. hey! it's 3-nin!
Posted Image

#16 ZONElover

ZONElover

Always my goddess !!!!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 238 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:14 AM

Wow.... read about this animes conventions in USA..... but i only can go in the ones in my country..... i went in the last 2 years.....

Maybe i will go this year too......
Maiko, Tomoka, Miyu, Mizuho and Takayo - We will always love you !!

Posted Image

#17 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:55 AM

i thought i would share this is here.. since it kinda has to do with cosplaying and all..
i found it off an anime forum.. and i was like.. hey! it's 3-nin!
Posted Image

wow i gotta give them cred for doing that :P
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#18 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:49 AM

Last year I did a Mini Moni song in my Kago outfit

your Mini Moni outfit has somewhat inspired to me to Hello! Project cosplay sometime within the next year, do you have any suggestions of something that would be suitable for a guy to wear? right now i'm considering Salt5's outfit without the short tops.. =P

#19 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Ooh, I'd love to cosplay as someone from H!P! ^_^ I was going to go as Makoto to Kunicon(a small Atlanta con)... which was basically putting a sign on my back and walking around. But instead my friend made me actually cosplay, so I went as Inu Yasha.

I'm going to Anime Weekend Atlanta in September. Two of my friends (maybe 3) and me are going to form a live action Battle Royale cosplay group ^_^ And the same friend is trying to convence me to watch Chrno Crusade(sp?) and cosplay as whoever from there O.o;;

Anyway, the only two cons I'd attend regularly are: AWA and Kunicon. :w00t:;

#20 mrhomiec

mrhomiec

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:29 AM

AX is over, sadly, but it was a blast!
MelonMasae, i don't think i saw you there. if you saw me, i was Prince of Tennis on friday, Naruto (Rock Lee) on Saturday, Prince of Tennis again on Sunday, and One Piece (Luffy) today.