• Please log in to reply
14824 replies to this topic

#13301 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

They're currently preparing for the live tour, which starts next week. I think they'll announce their upcoming single really soon. They have a weekend break the week of 4/12, but they are also mainly booked with Sunday shows, so as long as it's not on 4/26 (Juice=Juice single) or 5/10 (few days before Budokan.)
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#13302 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

Seriously with the amount of music shows, plays, public appearances, DVD magazines and such I'm surprised you all expect them to keep cranking out singles and are complaining about a few months without a new one.  One of my favorite bands of all time (Portishead) releases 1 album in like 9 years.  Enjoy what they've released and follow your other idol favorites if you need something new every minute lol.

You can probably count the number of music shows and noteworthy public appearances (you must mean tv shows or something) every group makes in a year on one hand.

#13303 EtherSword

EtherSword

We need more KSS debuts!

• Senpai
  • 3624 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

Eh it also doesn't help a member is out right now. They could be descending on what to do. Pull a MM and just leave Aiai out this single or wait for her return, but I guess we'll get an announcement soon in terms of a single (which is march 5th). If anything they might wait till the first day of their concert to announce it. 

Oh true, that's a good point. If anything, its always good for them to take their time when producing a new song, I would never want anything rushed just because it is only taking slightly longer than last single. I'll continue to patiently wait like I was already before this topic was brought up here. And yeah, I wouldn't want them to make single without Aiai either.

Morning Musume ~~~~~ Angerme ~~~~~  Kobushi Factory ~~~~~ Tsubaki Factory ~~~~~ Juice = Juice ~~~~~ CHICA#TETSU ~~~~~ RFRO~~~~~~ Kenshuusei

1. Ayumi                        1. Murota                1. Ayaka                       1. Mao                           1. Manaka                   1. Reina                     1. Kurumi             1. Yonemura Kirara

2. Erina                          1. Musubu              2. Ayano                       2. Mizuho                       2. Sayuki                    2. Rika                       2. Momohime        2. Nakayama Natsume

3. Miki                            3. Momona             2. Rei                            3. Kiki                             3. Tomoko                 3. Shiori                      3. Kokoro               3. Yamada Ichigo

#13304 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:39 AM

You can probably count the number of music shows and noteworthy public appearances (you must mean tv shows or something) every group makes in a year on one hand.

Actually by shows I meant concerts, touring... It's not just about the concert dates that appear for the public but for each venue there is rigorous rehearsals... same with plays/musicals like MODE... those can take months to prepare for, and then there's studio recording for soundtrack, etc.   As for DVD magazines I meant how for one DVD of something like "Angerme goes to Hawaii" means travel, spending a week there, doing press tours, etc.   and then there's photo shoots for model magazines.  But you may have a point, as when one looks at H!P as a whole, there certainly seems to be much more going on.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13305 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

You know they don't rehearse for months on end before stuff starts, right? They actually do everything pretty quickly. Angerme also don't do a lot of photoshoots. Your statement would be more accurate for a top member of AKB or something, but smaller groups like Angerme have more downtime than you'd probably expect.

I'd also hesitate to call the idol promotion cycle a press tour. What H!P does might be the loosest definition of it possible.

#13306 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

Did they ever promote Lilium or MODE though? 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#13307 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:46 AM

@taylorniw: Yeah, especially the girls that still go to school must have an amazing amount of downtime. I mean HaroCon ended when? Oh...next weekend yeah. But then there's only their own tour starting next week and HinaFes at the end of the month. And it's not like they had to rehearse the HaroCon setlist every now and then after it started to refresh stuff or something. 
And the schedules of the recording directors and other people involved in single releases surely aren't tight between all the other single releases because they have an amazing amount of people and space. And why not work 27/7?

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#13308 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

Choreography for new songs are usually learnt in half a day, for a group with experience like Angerme. Tours are usually refreshed in a day and then dress rehearsed on the stage either on the day or the day before.(mostly on the day in the morning because the stage is too expensive to book for so long)

Honestly they don't need much time to learn things. Harocon is also mostly their own songs or big group songs. Big group songs basically need no rehearsal time since the girls all know the rough idea of each others songs and they don't use formations when all the groups perform together(often the part that takes the longest to learn since it requires everyone together at once)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13309 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

Did they ever promote Lilium or MODE though?

Lilium gained a lot of popularity and recognition due to it's credentials but I don't think MODE got as much attention.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#13310 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

I think they just have no confidence in them.. 
I think they are doom when that new gen came on.. 

Lol.. Kidding   :P
Trying to uphold my image.. :P

OK.. To me.. 
H!P now have 7 debuted groups.. That's a lot.. 
I think they only got enough resources and manpower to handle 4 group at a time or in a row.. 
Basically..  I think they prioritized.. 
MM got their 13th gen to debut 
TF debut 
And since they push back C-ute single which should be big as it's they last.. They can do 2 smaller groups.. 
So I think it's the resources..  I don't think we could get 6-7 running in row of single even if it's a 2 week gap :)
And even if they can.. I don't think the fans can keep it up and sales will fall..

#13311 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

Yes, in essence H!P as an entity should not compete with themselves.  It's actually more strategic to pace things out.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13312 UubTay

UubTay

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

^That being said, is there a reason why the H!P groups release all their singles in a 3-4 month period rather than spreading them out over the year?

We've got 7 active groups releasing about 2 singles a year. That means they could hypothetically release one H!P single every 3 weeks. Both in terms of marketing and fanbase that would be very desirable since that would mean that there is essentially always one H!P group with an upcoming release rather than these empty periods in which H!P is all but forgotten. And wouldn't that also make sure that there would be more available staff and such? The only thing that I could think of that would make these concentrated release periods beneficial is time-based expenses, like the hiring of locations, staff and equipment etc, which they can then apply to as many groups as possible in the alloted time period. But that's about it. Am I missing something?

#13313 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

^ ..lol

You basically answer your own question.. 

In additional..  They are dealing with creatively and not like making cars so you can really allocate production time evenly.. 

Furthermore, single release aint their only product .. They have concerts, msucials, advertising, photobooks, video release etc.. So you can't spread them evenly.. 

Then there are season and period to consider .. 

For example during the school holidays..  Both idols and fans have more free time,  they would do more concerts and event which is great for promoting a single release after the holidays..  So they may stack more singles during that period.. 

#13314 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:01 AM

#13315 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:23 AM

Isnt the usual schedule, release singles then go on tour?

It's probably different in Japan since we're foreign fans but it's always been like this.

They do space out the singles tho but they jusy dont promote long

#13316 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

Furthermore .. I think single release promotion has become product on its own ..
The promotion for the single can go on for as long as 3 months ..
They will appear on TV introducing their coming single filling in interesting segment for shows ..
They will have events like mini live at record stores and malls to handshake for the fans ..
This will bring crowds to the record stores and malls which will bring more business to the businesses there ..
while for the fans there is constant small events they can go for .. without the trouble to plan their schedule and getting the tickets like in a big event
There is just so much people working behind the scene to bring all this together ..
It is not just pulling some songs, get the girls to record and learn; the song and dance, some photo shoot then print the CD and you are done for a single ..

So I think we got to wait ..but we can be sure that when they do release one ..it would surely be a good one :)

#13317 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

In terms of single, actually I would believe Aiai can still participate in recording the single and the PV. But she may have to skip the promotion of the singles. Something similar to the situation when Aika when she injured her leg. I would believe the anxiety attacks could be manageable if she is around with people she is familar with, unless the stress of learning a new routine will trigger her attacks. But then again, not too sure what is the extent of her anxiety disorder, so likely she may not be featured in the new single at all.

#13318 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

^ Let's hope she'll still be in the music and group image photos.  I can't imagine that being as taxing as live shows and appearances.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#13319 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

Depends on whether they're trying find a medication that suits her. Most medications that effect mood disorders take at least 4 weeks to "settle down"(they get worse before they get better with such wonderful side effects as "suicidal thoughts" before they settle)and doctors won't let you swap until you've sat in "settled" mode for a few more weeks to make sure it's not helping. If she had one that wasn't helping/making things worse then they'll have to keep starting again. This will also likely be in conjunction with some form of therapy(no idea what's typical in Japan but anxiety/panic disorders usually go for cognitive behavioral therapy) which again takes some weeks to get going on. Meanwhile it looks like UFA is taking a hard line with whether a girl is on or off work(wouldn't be surprised if it effected medical policies, I know it effects sick pay here in the UK). Honestly it's better to focus on either getting better or on work rather than doing some weird split that helps no one and risks making things worse.(just to satisfy worried fans at that too).

A lot of mental health issues are helped by having "things to do" and focus on so I doubt they would delay her return any longer than they absolutely need to but health is complicated.

(I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, I just have had anxiety problems in the past I was medicated for and friends who also have so just trying to give some perspective)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13320 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

It was announced Aiai will miss all of angermes live house tour, hinafest, angermes hall tour, and their budokan.

HLxdmXb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users