• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#21 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:27 AM

how did you find the snowboarding? it's the best thing living in an area with snow :blink:

#22 MMFAN

MMFAN

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

ohhhhhhhhh :o

I AM.... Invidiosoooo, envious, invidious

Japanese Kanji 羨ましい
Japanese Katakana ねたましい
Korean 부러워하늢
Afrikaan afgunstig.
Albanian ziliqar
Arabic ‏حسود
Chinese 羨慕
Czech zavistivy
Danish misundelig
Dutch jaloers
Finnish kateellinen
French envieux.
Frisian oergeunstich.
German neidisch
Greek φθονερόσ
Hebrew מקנא
Hungarian irigy
Indonesian sirik
Italian invidioso
Norwegian misunnelig.
Papiamen kudisioso.
Portuguese invejoso
Romanian pizmaş
Russian завистливый
Serbo-Croatian zavidan
Spnish envidioso
Swedish avundsjuk
Thai อยากไย้ของของคนอื่น.
Turkish kıskanan, kıskanc
Ukranian недоброзичливий

do u understand me, luckyMAN? :w00t: ^^; :P :P :D

I ^^; Japan
ITALIAN Morning Musume FAN

#23 keii-kun

keii-kun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:10 AM

it would be
Malaysian = cemburu

maybe next time we'll go in a group, together? but gonna need someone get us all gathered together ....

i'm seriously considering going to japan again maybe somewhere next year..

#24 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

Anyone else here ever been to Japan or perhaps you live there ? Im going again in October for 14 nights. Seven in Kyoto and seven in Tokyo. Taking the bullet train between the two cities. Its alot cheaper than flying from Osaka to Tokyo (Kyoto does not have an airport). Ive been to both of these cities before. But there was so much to see and do that i never got round do doing it all. Not that i didt do much. So anyone here been to either of these cities before ? Anything you think is worth seeing from personal experince ? I personally prefer Kyoto to Tokyo, but love both of them. Ive been looking into it alot online but more often than not someones perosonal experience can tell you something that any website cant. For those considering travel to either of these cities i can tell you what i have found out and whats worth doing from my own experiences.

#25 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:35 AM

The closest I've been to Japan was when the plane stopped over in Tokyo Airport. Then I had to board another plane headed for the US.

Anyway, to prepare for your second trip, maybe you should do an in-depth research of things you WANT to see or do in Japan. I'd go visit the fish market, watch sumo, visit some temples, visit music stores, buy hent.. I mean anime ^^', etc.

I also heard that electronics are really expensive in Japan, so you might want to avoid buying electric products. You mentioned having too many things to see and do, so you should set up your priorities this time to make your trip smoother. Personally, this would be my plan if I had the chance to go to Japan:

1) Jump up and down repeatedly until I collapse from excitement.
2) Bring my digital camera along with rechargable batteries.
3) Take pictures of any thing that I find interesting or amusing (with all due respect).

Umm, that's it. Sorry for not helping much. :w00t:

#26 taopix

taopix

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:56 AM

i've been living in japan for about 2years now and i've visited Kyoto a couple of times and i spent my first year in tokyo. because i think temples are boring, i don't think kyoto's a good fun trip for me. in my experience, spending 14days in Tokyo is enough to experiance the whole japan. from temples, exotic food, electronic gadgets, huge beautiful park, fashion to everything else about japan, you can find it in Tokyo. asakusa, ueno, shinjuku and shibuya are a must-visit. you should also check fuji tv at odaiba. you never knew which japanese artist would you meet! i met matsura aya and aiko during my first time there. that 10seconds was just precious!

and of course, research is a must! and it would help A LOT if you know japanese. i hope you enjoy your trip!

#27 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

Well ive certainly done some research i know the city Kyoto very well and the parts of Tokyo ive been to i remember pretty well. I have a huge lists of things to do. However i found a few places that were really good just by chance more than anything. Things that wernt mentioned anywere else. So its those litle things, a certain shop hidden on a backstreet a certain market perhaps. My Japanese language skills are modest. Enough to get by on, well its been enough for me so far anyway. Although my written skills are near non existent. I recognise a few common words and thats about it.

#28 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

I hope you bring a camera cause i want a detailed debreifing when you get back ^^ I so want to go to tokyo some day and I'd be great to know what to look forward to and so that I know once I do travel there. I even bought a detailed guide-book of the mayor sites with extensive howto behave guides and so on :w00t:

I know that when I get there, I'm going to take a tour of the biggest and badest arcade halls and all the latest games :w00t: pa chi n ko
But I want to go to temples and parks too. Some of the shrines just seem amazing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!! Have a good time!

#29 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

Well i went last November as well. I have plenty of photos from that. If someone can suggest some good webspace to host them on ill do so. Something that i can sign upto simple enough and dont have to fill stuff in all day to use the place will be fine by me.

#30 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

http://www.photobucket.com/
only problem is they don't allow pictures bigger than 250kb

easy and free though
I think you can do things like slideshows and stuff too, but maybe that's not free....dunno

Doesn't yahoo have some sort of pic sharing aswell?

#31 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:41 PM

Yahoo does but ive found it a little tempromental in the past. For some reason it seems some people just cant few them. Never could figure out why. Ill try this photobucket site anyway. Thanks.

#32 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

I am maybe going to Osaka next summer. About how much does it cost to get to Tokyo from there? Maybe flying or is there a train between Tokyo and Osaka?
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#33 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:00 PM

I even bought a detailed guide-book of the mayor sites with extensive howto behave guides and so on? :blink:

Does it look like this? :ph34r:
Posted Image

Even though it's published in 2000, it's a pretty good book. It has detailed maps, detailed info on where to go, and basic things foreigners need to know when visiting Japan.

Himalia, when you share your pics, I would use ImageShack. Quick, easy, and your images are always available. You have to keep track of all the links though.

---------------------------
Scepter, here's what my outdated guide book says about the rail system:

"Tokyo's Shinjuku station is the world's most busiest, and several others in Tokyo and major cities are on a vast scale. Finding a particular line or exit during rush hour (7:30 to 9:00 am) can be intimidating and exhausting for newcomers with heavy baggage. It is a good idea to find out which named or numbered exit is best for you before arriving at one of the major stations."

So, since it is the busiest station, it should be reasonable to conclude that a train is available from Osaka - Tokyo.

Lastly, the book mentions that the best times to visit Japan are Spring (April and May) and Fall (October and November). July and August are mostly very humid and should be avoided.

#34 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

I even bought a detailed guide-book of the mayor sites with extensive howto behave guides and so on? :)

Does it look like this? XD
Posted Image

Absolutely not!!

Posted Image

It's the updated version :blink: :ph34r: :) mine is from 2004

#35 nozomigoto

nozomigoto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

But my cover is in English with 408 pages. :blink:
And it has useful phrases in the back like Otearai/ Otoire wa doko dess-ka? (Where is the bathroom/ restroom?) and Nihongo wa hanasemasen (I can't speak Japanese). And on the last page, it has a really confusing looking map of the Tokyo Subway System. To top it off, it only cost me 5 easy payments of $4.99! *sneaks to his local Waldenbooks to buy an updated Japan guide book*

#36 KenshinX

KenshinX

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:49 PM

Kyoto or Tokyo did you say? I've been to both two times. First in the summer of 2002 and then again last summer......

Here are some things worth checking out in Tokyo:

- Shibuya
- Akihabara (Electronics galore)
- Imperial Palace
- Asakusa
- Shinjuku/Harajuku
- NHK Studio park
- Odaiba (Fuji TV)

What do you like anyways? If you don't mind temples and shrines in addition to modern stuff such as shopping or just looking at nightlife and such, then you'll have a great time in both cities. In Kyoto, you really should check out the Golden Pavilion temple. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

#37 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

I am maybe going to Osaka next summer. About how much does it cost to get to Tokyo from there? Maybe flying or is there a train between Tokyo and Osaka?

It costs about 2000 odd yen to get from Osaka to Kyoto and from there you can travel via Bullet train to Tokyo which costs about 13000 yen. In English terms thats aboit ?�10.00 for the first journey and about ?�65 for the bullet train. The tickets i have are reserved so it may be a little cheaper if paid for on the day.

#38 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:43 PM

Kyoto or Tokyo did you say?  I've been to both two times.  First in the summer of 2002 and then again last summer......

Here are some things worth checking out in Tokyo:

- Shibuya
- Akihabara (Electronics galore)
- Imperial Palace
- Asakusa
- Shinjuku/Harajuku
- NHK Studio park
- Odaiba (Fuji TV)

What do you like anyways?  If you don't mind temples and shrines in addition to modern stuff such as shopping or just looking at nightlife and such, then you'll have a great time in both cities.  In Kyoto, you really should check out the Golden Pavilion temple.  If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

The temples and stuff like that i have either been to before or i am planning to goto this October. Im not so intrested in the nightlife unless you think theres something exceptonal thats worth pointing out. However you did mention Odaiba (Fuji TV), thats intrigued me alittle. Why have you mentioned that place whats special about that ?

#39 ~Tettekete~

~Tettekete~

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:36 AM

Tokyo :blink: (Shibuya 109)

Posted Image
Posted Image

I would like to go there ! *___*
Posted Image

#40 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:50 AM

However you did mention Odaiba (Fuji TV), thats intrigued me alittle. Why have you mentioned that place whats special about that ?

oh gotta agree with KenshinX... Odaiba area makes for a wonder 1-day trip with the family.

Starting from JR Shinbashi, u have to take the automatic train Yurikamome across the Rainbow bridge, passing the Tokyo Bigshot and FujiTV HQ among other places

The entrance to FujiTV (the funny shape building with a ball in the middle u see during Mezameshi news and the Odaiba cup) is free and u have lots of wonderful opportunities to take pics (for adults and kids alike) and get exclusive memorabilia from fujiTV shows such as Mechaike, HeyX3, etc) Hopefully u can chance upon a live recording of a show when u are there.

Across the road is AquaCity and Sony MediaAge. AquaCity is a huge shopping complex with lots of shops and eating places (Toy's R Us is here lol). MediaAge is a large cineplex with all the latest movies (Kung Fu, Incredibles etc).. though the prices (generally in Japan) are a tad expensive. There is also a small Statue of Liberty here... go check it out

Nearby in the area is the famous Tsukiji fish wholesale market, and fish cannot get any more fresher here i guess. Things to look out for... ultra-cheap&fresh donburis (sea urchin, raw tuna etc), and the auctioning of fish in the early morning :blink:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users