• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:10 AM

New Drama with lots of hot young stars like Yamapi, Gacky and Toda Erina!

Posted Image

the cast are:
* Yamashita Tomohisa as Aizawa Kousaku (Flight doctor-in-training)
* Aragaki Yui as Shiraishi Megumi (Flight doctor-in-training)
* Toda Erika as Hiyama Mihoko (Flight doctor-in-training)
* Asari Yosuke as Fuikawa Kazuo (Flight doctor-in-training)
* Higa Manami Saejima Haruka (Flight nurse)
* Kodama Kiyoshi as Tadokoro Yoshiaki (Emergency Unit Chief, Special appearance)
* Katsumura Masanobu as Morimoto Tadashi (Flight Doctor)
* Ryo as Mitsu Kanna (Flight Doctor)
* Yanagiba Toshiro as Kuroda Shuji (Flight Doctor)
* Sugimoto Tetta as Saejo Susumu (Brain Surgeon)
* Terajima Susumu as Kaji Toshi (Pilot)
* Hiwatashi Shinji (樋渡真司) as Anzai Yasuyuki

I just saw the first ep today and I have to say this is gonna be a special show. but warning for some some scenes might be graphic if your screamish

edit
take that LvB XD

racequeen.jpg

#2 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

yay new Yama drama!!!!
and with Gaki and Erika too!~!~!~!~!~

seems like erika is more of a side character this time though. the setting seems ineresting, but im for sure going to be watching it for yama lol

EDIT: damn there are graphic scenes XD
and yama is looking more and more like kimura now ^-^

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#3 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Don't usually go for this kind of serious intense medical drama but 2 episodes in this is compelling stuff.

Spoiler

Kind of makes you afraid to have to go to the hospital knowing this kind of stuff is happening all around you.

#4 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

We watched episode #3 last night. Best one so far imo. You could tell this is going to be an "achivement" type drama from the beginning. The teamwork exhibited last night was really cool. Aragaki automatically gives this drama a +10. Erika is really pretty too. I think that doctor was also in Nurse Aoi. Oh yeah... I'm NOT a big Yamapi fan, but he's doing a great job too and his hairstyle looks super cool.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#5 ah-ger

ah-ger

亀井絵里 supporter forever!

• Senpai
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

I had watched 3 episodes already. This drama is nice! I enjoy every bit of it! Can't wait for the rest of the episodes!

えりりん MY SWEET GODDESS 

亀井絵里:" 亀井絵里です。ちょっと素敵で、しかりものの23歳の女の子です。"

前島亜美:"超絶妹系アイドル、最年少の頑張るやい、前島亜美です!あみたで呼んでください!どうぞよろしくお願いします!”

#6 ZoZo-Chan

ZoZo-Chan

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

I wantched it and I think you guys are gonna love

#7 Nizmo

Nizmo

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

Even though I like Toda Erika and Aragaki Yui as actresses, I'm not feeling this one. The setting is kind of fixed, they only show the hospital, the characters don't even leave the hospital (well other than on the chopper during work), or should I say don't show their private life away from the hospital, which tends to get a bit boring, and narrow in storytelling. And so far, I have zero connection with the main characters, especially YamaP's character. I think I'd rather watch Seigino Mikata starring Shida Mirai, it's so funny.

#8 Dr.Jackal

Dr.Jackal

YUI Defender

• Senpai
  • 919 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

Huh?? Yui is in there?? Yeaah..........this is GREAT!! :sob: x_x
Posted Image

#9 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:03 AM

When will the romance between Yamapi and Yui begin? It's probably more than half over and nothing yet.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#10 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

Doesn't seem like there's going to be any romances as it seems too heavy of a drama for that. Finally Aizawa shows some emotion because of his grandmother but it's just a matter of time before he returns to heartless robot mode. Grumpy nurse seems to be warming up like the tsundere character she seemed to be. When dame-megane is going to get it together is another thing altogether.

Seems like it's developing rather slowly for an 11 episode drama.

#11 Dr.Jackal

Dr.Jackal

YUI Defender

• Senpai
  • 919 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

11 episode? Long drama...and what do you mean heavy of a drama?? there's no romance or funny scene??
Posted Image

#12 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

I think 11 episodes is the typical length for most Japanese dramas with some going to 12 or as short as 9 sometimes.

By heavy I mean aside from scenes with dame-megane (no good glasses guy) there doesn't seem to be a lot of humor and the closest thing to romance happening is the tension between the doctors where they seems like they want to say something but just look depressed or something.

I may change my mind after the series is completed if I decide to rewatch the whole thing in one go. Not to say it's bad but it's not the typical laugh a minute action, mystery or food drama I'm used to.

Edit: Episode 7 summary. Mitsui's trial gets complicated. Info about Nurse Saejima's past boyfriend revealed plus more character development for her. Aikawa spends most of the episode being an insensitive selfish jerk. A post surgery new-half (transsexual) gets admitted and faces off with Shiraishi. Hiyama and megane don't get much screen time.

#13 Addicted_Azn

Addicted_Azn

I was Ai_Love_MM

• Senpai
  • 1144 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

Wow I didn't know this start in July. Because when I was in Japan in July, I watched about 2 episodes (with no understanding much of what they were saying) but I still liked all the drama and medical work in it. I like it, hope it will be subbed and put up somewhere. XD

#14 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Episode 8 summary: Shiraishi has a horrible dream. A family injured at a festival gets admitted with the notable members being the lively grandfather, the grumpy mother and the precocious and perceptive young daughter who looks a bit like Murakami from Morisanchu might have looked many years ago and is played by a brilliant young actress with a bright future ahead of her.

Aizawa is actually a nice guy for most of the episode. Mitsui's situation seems to have concluded. The show takes a turn for the dramatic and intense towards the end but the first part was considerably lighter. Megane might get his chance on the helicopter.

Check d-addicts for the raw and subbed videos. If they do get uploaded somewhere I expect they'll get pulled quickly since the group subbing does not want their work on streaming sites since it probably draws unwanted extra attention from the Japanese media people. Not to mention that whole copyright grey area or something. But thats a whole other talk altogether.

Episode 9: Because of what happens at the end of episode 8 and at the beginning of episode 9
Spoiler
situation becomes worse.
Spoiler
Spoiler
blames
Spoiler
. The higher ups jump to conclusions and attack the
Spoiler
Just when you think it's starting to get better or at least settle down
Spoiler
gets dealt a mixed set of circumstances:
Spoiler
Everyone seems to be secong guessing themselves in this episode.

Spoiler
runs after
Spoiler
in the rain but not like most were probably hoping for.
Spoiler
opens up a bit more and
Spoiler
only few lines are
Spoiler
rather than
Spoiler
for a change.

Only episode 10 and 11 left now!

What is it with this series
Spoiler

#15 Perazon

Perazon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

Let's get, Let's get, Let's get this thang started -lol

I just now found this thread. It's been a while since I last checked into the "drama" threads, so yeah. Anyways, I'm glad I chose to follow the releases of Code Blue. I find this show to be really interesting in so many ways, especially the casting. I haven't got around to watching episode 09, so I'm gonna go ahead and do that right now.

#16 Kurrupt

Kurrupt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1123 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:21 AM

just dled eps 1-9 yesterday

gonna wtach it tommorrow maybe

#17 irish_robz

irish_robz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1239 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

I actually started on this drama for Toda Erika's sake but it turns out that I just can't seem to get my eyes off that flight nurse...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Saejima!! Posted Image

I really like her no-nonsense yet yasashii character :P

Rest of pics HERE.

Grumpy nurse seems to be warming up like the tsundere character she seemed to be.

Yep, that's what I mean :P

Even though I like Toda Erika and Aragaki Yui as actresses, I'm not feeling this one. The setting is kind of fixed, they only show the hospital, the characters don't even leave the hospital (well other than on the chopper during work), or should I say don't show their private life away from the hospital, which tends to get a bit boring, and narrow in storytelling. And so far, I have zero connection with the main characters, especially YamaP's character. I think I'd rather watch Seigino Mikata starring Shida Mirai, it's so funny.

I guess it's more suited for viewers who are actually working in the field or at least dreaming to be in it; medical action is priority :good:

#18 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

What is it with this series

Spoiler

Finally catched up ^^; Anyway the problem with episode was imho that they do not even use the slightest bit of physical knowledge ... and where the hell are the firefighters from before ... I mean in this situation they could have freed him easiely ...

#19 irish_robz

irish_robz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1239 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

^
Spoiler
Warning: please at least finish Episode 9 before reading

#20 Director_Maiha

Director_Maiha

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1537 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:01 AM

Hey guys, I've been wondering for a long time whether or not I should watch this drama. Can anyone give a small summary about it? I know that there's summaries and stuff on wikipedia, but I would like to hear some opininons about whether this drama is good or not. Thanx~ :blink:

Reina=Queen(spanish)+Reina=Perfect(japanese)=Reina is a perfect queen.
taenysiiiiig1.jpg

喜欢是淡淡的爱。爱是深深的喜欢。

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users