3003 replies to this topic

#2981 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:02 AM

A quote from article I posted above:

“ Wada further went on to say that besides gender there’s people who also have huge issues with race and nationality. People who have these preconceived notions of gay people just creates confusion and results in poor communication overall.
She closed the interview by saying that looking back she’s made statements that she feels extremely embarrassed about, but that was before she had a deeper knowledge of the subject or tried something. Wada continues to read and study regularly so she can continue to learn about various topics.”

I think by “statements she’s embarrassed by”, it’s a reference to those racist comments. I don’t think the summary accurately shows the discussion well because right after she brings up race and nationality, it goes right back to gay people, but I think the idea was that those “preconceived notions” were probably more about race and nationality, as well as gay people, but the wording in the summary is poor. It’s a four page interview that’s condensed into a few small paragraphs, so a lot of important context gets left out. If I had the time I’d sit down and try to translate the original full thing myself but my Japanese isn’t good enough for me to feel comfortable doing that anyway.

Basically, after travelling and learning about new cultures and people, she has grown and changed, just as people tend to do. She isn’t the same person as she once was, she’s an adult woman now and was a child when she made those remarks. Please don’t continue to hold that against her. :)

#2982 EzioNG

EzioNG

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:13 AM

I really hope she learned that being racist against other Asian countries is wrong.

^ That's actually the name that came to my mind when reading it as well...

She sounds really smart, it's great that she aknowledges past mistakes and look forward to learning more daily. You can tell she is a cultivated woman, she really has a great worldview.

Are they still doing it after years? Really, complex and fragile people have a lot of free time

#2983 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:34 AM

A few interesting translations for you guys, I found this new site and it’s so wonderful to see because most Japanese translation sites are gone now and the ones that are left are mostly 2ch translations.

Wada’s 30 Under 30 interview:

https://worldwidewot...r-30-interview/

Wada’s interview with Miki Honmono:

https://worldwidewot...sity-and-idols/

#2984 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:26 AM

^ For reference, I do accept requests for translations here. I do articles of my own choosing now and then, but I'm always open to whatever.
http://www.hello-onl...-requests-open/
DDOhydd.gif

#2985 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 02:35 PM

Oooh, thanks for sharing! I didn’t know. I’ll keep that in mind from now on. :)

#2986 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:53 PM

Interesting.. She had fallen in love with the same sex before, i wonder if she talking about harunan

While that may be true, Harunan's heart belongs to Shokotan. :D :D :D

#2987 Angermetico

Angermetico

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:22 PM

I know Ayaka is in "another company" that belongs to the conglomerate, but Could it be possible to see her in the future perform at the concerts of M-line? I'd love to see her act like this again.

As English is not my native language, I use a translator, and there may be errors in what I post.

Tsubaki Factory´s single compilation

Angerme´s single compilation

OCHA NORMA´s single compilation

#2988 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 01:02 AM

^ That’s a really great question! I hadn’t thought of that… UF could make the M-line concerts even more popular if they had artists like the UUG groups, Kikka, or Ayacho make guest appearances. They’re all under UF and they’re all related to H!P to some degree, I don’t see why they couldn’t do this.

Even better were if they did a big event for some anniversary that includes all their acts — from H!P to M-Line to UUG family groups, all the soloists and former-idol acts, etc

#2989 Angermetico

Angermetico

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:27 PM

^ That’s a really great question! I hadn’t thought of that… UF could make the M-line concerts even more popular if they had artists like the UUG groups, Kikka, or Ayacho make guest appearances. They’re all under UF and they’re all related to H!P to some degree, I don’t see why they couldn’t do this.

Even better were if they did a big event for some anniversary that includes all their acts — from H!P to M-Line to UUG family groups, all the soloists and former-idol acts, etc

Yes, it would be fine as you say, for UF to invite artists like Ayaka and made her more regular at M-Line concerts. I think Ayaka loved and loves Hello Project very much and I think she would be delighted to to be able to perform and even meet up with former members. UF should think about these things and everyone would win, the artists and the fans.

On another topic ... Ayaka appeared on Momona's 18th birthday to congratulate her, and from what I have read, she has made reference to She (Ayaka) would have liked Momona to be the leader. wonder if this wish was when she was going to graduate and passed the leadership to Akari, or is it a current wish (If Momona followed and Akari graduate)

As English is not my native language, I use a translator, and there may be errors in what I post.

#2990 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:36 PM

Kassa as a leader would be interesting but my guess is that Kawamuu will become leader after Takechan graduates. Then Rikako would be next on the list.

#2991 Angermetico

Angermetico

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:30 PM

Kassa as a leader would be interesting but my guess is that Kawamuu will become leader after Takechan graduates. Then Rikako would be next on the list.

Yes, I imagine Kawamura will be the next leader in the group. It seemed curious that Ayaka referred to Momona as a possible leader. if Ayaka was referring to before Akari was or after, if Akari will graduate.

#2992 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 02:41 PM

Ayaka’s solo album is available to listen to on Spotify :)
https://open.spotify...selfM5Wgnt35Paq

#2993 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 06:58 PM

^

It is also out on Apple Music, and several other streaming services.

Here is the link for all of them: https://linkco.re/GGsVTpD4?lang=en

I8dtEOy.gif

#2994 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:05 PM

I'm shocked that there isn't more discussion of her album!

I have to say, I was extremely impressed. It's one of the best H!P member turned soloist releases I've heard in a long time, probably since Airi's first album. The sound is really contemporary and has an indie flair to it, lots of experimental/dream pop and some really catchy upbeat tracks in there too. Combined with her lyricism (from what little I can understand of it!), the interludes, the arrangements, the overall ambience of the album... it's just such a strong, immersive release! It has such a strong sense of identity and thoughtfulness to it, instead of opting for going the safe route and putting out an album of bland "mature" sounding ballads and mid-tempo songs, which is what I kind of expect anytime someone from H!P goes solo. If you haven't given it a listen yet, please do! A stand-out album of 2021 for me <3

TqH7Qlk.gif

#2995 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 11:46 AM

Shiteki Raisan (Promotion live edit.) has just been uploaded on Ayacho's YouTube channel:

And since it hasn't be shared here, here is Hot Latte (Promotion live edit.) as well:

I8dtEOy.gif

#2996 Hidders

Hidders

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 02:48 PM

"Japan's Shortest Skirt Idol" Ayaka Wada's Conflicts With Lookism

https://www.asahi.co...Q2HPTFC00B.html

I hope this gets translated, Ayaka talks about how she really felt about the short skirt era of S/mileage.

Morning-Musume-2022s22.jpg

Avatar and signature set made by me.

Click here for my past avatar/signature combos.

#2997 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 08:02 AM

^

To read past the first question you have to sign up for the newspaper (site)

But in the first question she basically says, it was work, she had to do what they were told.  She didn't really think of it as sexual (or sexualizing) but rather looked forward to the cute costumes.

However, the teaser for the rest of the interview heavily implies that she had a change of perspective on it later in her career.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2998 Hidders

Hidders

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 509 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 02:39 PM

^

To read past the first question you have to sign up for the newspaper (site)

But in the first question she basically says, it was work, she had to do what they were told.  She didn't really think of it as sexual (or sexualizing) but rather looked forward to the cute costumes.

However, the teaser for the rest of the interview heavily implies that she had a change of perspective on it later in her career.

^^; Google translate already got me that far.

Morning-Musume-2022s22.jpg

Avatar and signature set made by me.

Click here for my past avatar/signature combos.

#2999 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:10 PM

^

Then what you wanted wasn't translation; you wanted somebody who had access to the rest of the article.  Sorry for not figuring that out.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#3000 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 March 2022 - 05:02 AM

I tried signing up since I got hooked on the article.  Unfortunately I didn't go far since the second page couldn't get translated by google translator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users